Reckless || Harry Styles AU

Per narryhugme

"How do you think your parents would react to your success if they were still here today?" ... Jessica Steele... Més

first part of revised edition of "Reckless" now up!
before you read (:
1: walk straight and don't trip
2: thank you
3: go
4: jessy
5: happy days
6: fun times
7: hurricane harry
8: elephant in the room
9: jess goes quiet
10: spilt beans
11: fine dining
12: muse
13: firecrackers
14: change of heart
15: control
16: a little party never killed nobody
17: decisions
18: pick up lines and ice cream
19: closer
20: heart out
21: it's not over yet
22: hellos and goodbyes
23: rehashing
24: a needed visit
25: needed
26: trouble
27: stories of their lives
28: faith
29: reality isn't real
30: change
31: breathe
32: home is just home
33: boys will be boys
34: feelings
35: what's right and what's wrong
36: have fun
37: hold my heart
38: turning tables
39: anatomies
40: the calm
41: before the storm
42: happy birthday jess
43: falling into place
44: happy birthday harry
45: TOKYO, JAPAN
46: restless
47: wake up call
48: all okay
49: privacy
50: perspective
51: support and criticism
52: what we thought
53: recollect
a/n: please read ! (:
55: inevitable
56: hold back
57: soon
58: attempt
59: reliance
60: another one
61: responses
62: talk about it (part 1)
63: talk about it (part 2)
a/n: sequel info
Q&A
64: real
65: public rendezvous
66: GOOD FOR YOU.
67: STEELE.
68: FAMILY.
THE SEQUEL IS UP
hiiii...3 years later

54: wildfire

35.2K 1.1K 1.2K
Per narryhugme

Comment your fav BADLANDS song. Mine's Young God or Gasoline or all of them. 💦
LETS GET THIS STORY HIGHER THAN #7!!!
ALSO, PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END (: 💕💸

Jess

"We have to leave now. Call Harry or we're going without him."

"I've called him five times," I groan.

"Just go find him, then."

Jane was getting really impatient. I already had to fight her on the fact that I wanted Harry coming with me to the fashion show. Now that he was running late, it just added fuel to the fire.

From the lobby, I headed back up to his room and called him on the way to see if he'd pick up. But yet again, he didn't.

When I reached his door, I could hear a lot of noises inside which really confused me. I knocked pretty loud on the door, figuring that with all of the noise, no one would be able to hear me.

"Fuck, no! I got it. No - don't -" I hear Harry's muffled voice. The door opens. "Jesus, Louis."

There, in an Adidas sweater, was Louis Tomlinson.

A bright smile appeared on his face, immediately making me smile as well. "Aye!" He shouts, throwing his arms out. I step in for a hug and he rocks us back and forth.

"I missed ya, Jess!"

"I missed you, too, Louis."

I peeked over his shoulder to see a frightened look on Harry's face. It must be because four of his friends just showed up out of nowhere to his hotel room. Well, maybe he knew, and I didn't. Yet the look on his face tells me he was just as surprised as I am now.

Niall was standing next to Harry and I also saw Liam and Zayn sitting at the foot of the bed in the room. [ a/n: cries ]

They all sporadically said hello to me and I gave a short wave back.

Louis, who still had an arm around my waist, was called out by Harry. "Lou, would you please stop getting so touchy feely with my girlfriend. Again."

Louis gaped at him and took away his arm as if I'd burned him. "She came onto me last time! You can't forget that!"

I rolled my eyes at his humor, but quickly remembered why I'd come up in the first place.

"Um...Jane's pissed downstairs. I'll just tell her that you stayed because your friends came..." I can't expect him to leave his friends here alone for a couple of hours.

"No. No, I'm ready. I'm coming," Harry assures.

"Where're you going?" Liam asks.

"I'm going to an event."

"Aren't you two like...not allowed to go out in the sun or something?"

I laughed quietly at his response.

Harry ignored his sarcasm and just looked at me again right before my phone started ringing. I huffed when I saw it was Jane.

"Just stay, Harry. Really. Gigi is walking and a few people I know will be there, too. It'll be fine," I assure.

"Don't be silly. Are you, lads, capable of containing yourselves for a couple hours?" Harry turns to them.

Zayn scoffed. "No, we're gonna have'ta go out somewhere, if I'm honest. We'll meet you back here later?"

"We'll follow you out," Louis says and slaps Harry on the back.

•••

"No interviews," Jane blatantly states in the car as soon as we arrive at the fashion show.

"Yes interviews," I counter. "No hiding, remember?"

"No. Interviews. Not doing interviews doesn't mean that you're hiding. It could mean you're tired, or cranky, but doesn't automatically mean you're hiding."

I don't reply.

The car door opens and Harry gets out first before I take his hand as he helped me out.

Robbie and Sal and a couple other securities followed/lead us towards the entrance. For some reason, the celebrities attending were set up to park pretty far on the other side of the venue, so we had a decent trek ahead of us.

To add the icing to the cake, we were pretty damn close to being mobbed. Security was struggling to keep fans and paps back.

Most of the time I kept my head down, looking at the cement, because I didn't want to trip on anyone or anything. I clutched Harry's arm and he kept a grip on the hand that was holding him.

"Jessica! How are you?"

"Jess! Look here!"

"Over here!"

"You look gorgeous!"

"Is he your date?"

Every so often I'd look up briefly to look into a few cameras, but then I'd have to look back down.

It was so freezing too! We were all lucky this was held indoors.

Harry adjusted his grip to bring his arm around my shoulders, rubbing up and down to channel some warmth into me.

"Please back up, please back up," Harry started politely telling people.

People started closing in once we hit the sidewalk to head towards the other side of the barricades.

I was pushed a little bit, but security held them back more and Harry kept me close. Finally, we made it to the break where the barricades were set up for everyone to head inside of the tents. The tents were set up for the carpet.

It was much warmer under the tents because all of the body warmth around. Lots of people around noticed me and said hi or asked for pictures. I took a bunch before Jane brought me to get in line for the carpet check in.

I took out my phone and texted Gigi, telling her I was here. Her friend Jourdan Dunn was walking as well and she wanted me to meet her.

"Are you warming up any?" Harry asks me.

I nod. "Yeah, I'm good now."

I was wearing a Versace (Yeah, Versace...crazy right?) black jumpsuit, that was long-sleeved. It was paired with heels and I had my hair in soft curls. I really liked it because it was simple, but had enough accessories to make it individual and classy.

I slip off my coat I was wearing over and Jane holds out her hands for me to give it to her.

"You're going on with me," I whisper to Harry, leaning into his arm.

He gave a light groan, but I knew he secretly enjoyed being famous. He had his hand on my lower back and trailed his fingers around in little circles.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

His question didn't puzzle me because I knew it was just an immediate question after walking through masses of cameras.

"Yup," I answer.

"Good," I heard him say just under his breath.

"Are you?" I ask.

"Kinda worried about the lads right now," he laughs and then starts shaking his head. "Fuck, I didn't even know they were coming, honest."

I grin. "I love them though. They're fun."

"Mhm. Fun," he says sarcastically.

"Jessica? Can you answer some quick ques -" I turn my head to see a woman come up to me, but was cut off by Sal.

"Ma'am, please return to the interview tent," he instructs briefly.

I try to give her a smile, but she just frowned and walked away.

"Jessica Steele, please step forward," a woman asked me, standing on the red carpet. I hadn't noticed that we'd moved forwards significantly.

I take Harry's arm and we walk a few steps ahead, being bombarded by constant flashing lights and shouting. We pose together for a couple shots until Harry stepped aside so that it was only me.

We continued down the carpet, doing the same thing, until it was time to get off. I spotted Jane talking to someone and they looked to be in a heated discussion.

Oops. How'd I end up in the interviews tent?

Hint the sarcasm.

"Hi, I'm Dimitri Solari. It's nice to meet you," the first interviewer introduces himself.

I smile. "It's nice to meet you, too. I'm Jess Steele."

"Well, thank you for coming over! Um, I'll just start off with the question you'll probably be asked a lot today..."

Eh. Only if Jane doesn't find out that I ran away and Harry doesn't tell her.

"Who are you wearing?"

"I'm wearing Versace. It's actually the first time I've worn something this...I don't know how to put it...um, expensive? Luxurious?" I laugh awkwardly.

"Nice! What would be your go-to style? Is it an accessory, or heels, or jeans?"

"Well, I'm almost always wearing heels or ankle boots. I don't know, I think they just make any lazy outfit pop. Especially when you aren't in the mood to get ready."

He nods his head. "And are you watching anyone in particular walk today, or just supporting New York's fashion in general? I know you're in the middle of a world tour and all..."

"I'm actually watching my good friend Gigi mostly, but I'm always up for supporting fashion and seeing all of the designers' works. I'm pleasantly surprised by the amazing ideas every time I come to a show."

His gaze moves over my shoulder and I urge myself to not peek around to see what he glanced at because it was probably nothing. I'd just look like an idiot on camera.

"So..." There's that incredibly annoying "so...".

"Are you here with your boyfriend or just a guy friend or..."

Say it. Just say boyfriend. Fuck management. Be reckless for once and say he's your boyfriend.

"Um, my boyfriend, yeah."

Dimitri's reaction was priceless. He was totally taken aback at my announcement. For as many times as I was asked relationship questions at award shows or for magazines, it would seem a little unexpected to confirm it now, at a fashion show.

"You're in a relationship?" He asks for confirmation.

"Y -"

"Jess!" Arms wrap around me from behind and I spin around to see Miranda Kerr.

I felt rude for disregarding Dimitri, but I hugged Miranda tight.

"How are you?" I ask her and pull away, grinning.

"Good, you? I didn't know you were coming here. Do you want to head inside? It's freezing out here."

"Sure." I nod.

I turn my head to smile and thank Dimitri before allowing Miranda to drag me inside of the venue. We went the opposite direction of Jane and Harry, which I was halfway thankful for, but I wanted to let Harry know where I was. I wasn't ready to get chewed out by Jane just yet.

"Why are you smiling so hard? Are you that happy to see me? I'm flattered," Miranda chimes, looking back.

"I just confirmed a relationship, but yes I am extremely happy to see you."

She slows her pace and grips my arm. "Woah, woah, woah. What relationship?"

"Mine and Harry's." I tuck my lips between my teeth.

"Finally," she sighed.

I laugh. "To make a long story short, I wasn't really supposed to."

Miranda laughs and she tells me she was going to go and get us some drinks.

I take out my phone and dial Harry's number before lifting the phone to my ear. He answered after a couple rings.

"Hey, Jessy, where are you?" Harry questions.

"I'm inside with Miranda. Do you want me to meet you by the door? I'm near our seats..."

"I'll come find you."

"Oh! And, um, is Jane there?" I ask.

"Somewhere around here...why?"

I stay silent, wondering if he'd figure out what I did.

"Damn. Did you do interviews?" He asks after a couple of seconds.

"Yeah, and I also kinda confirmed that you and I were in a relationship."

"Bloody hell, Jessica. Jane is going to have a heart attack..."

"But?" I smirk to myself.

"But I love you."

•••

"Gigi, just come," I whine.

"I don't know them."

"So? They're funny guys and I want to hang out with you. We'll grab some dinner at my hotel and relax."

I was sitting at her chair in front of the vanity backstage while she was standing, taking off her makeup.

She gives a dramatic sigh. "Fine."

"Yes!" I clap my hands. "You can get a ride with me if you want. We're leaving now."

"Okay, I'm ready." She throws away the makeup wipe and picks up her purse from the ground.

We walk out together and meet up with Harry, who waited just outside of the venue. He held out a hand and I took it. Gigi held onto my arm, as well, as we braced the paparazzi just before getting into the SUV.

"Congrats on the show," Harry complimented Gigi, leaning around me to tell her.

She smiled. "Thanks! I really liked my outfit."

"Me, too," I say.

My mind went to Jane who was completely silent in the front seat. I wondered if the interview had been released yet, or if the word had spread much.

It took us about a half an hour to get out of traffic and then another half an hour to get to the hotel. Harry had already called Zayn, Liam, Niall, and Louis to tell them to meet us at the restaurant inside the hotel.

"I'm so fucking hungry," Gigi groaned as soon as we walking through the restaurant doors. I laughed.

Harry said he saw the boys towards the back of the restaurant at a booth so we made our way over to them.

I tried to hold back laughter as all of the boys' jaws dropped (except Liam's because he was a good boyfriend).

"Lads, this is Jess' friend, Gigi. Gigi, this is Zayn, Liam, Louis, and Niall," Harry introduces and points out each boy.

Gigi gives them a small wave as we all sit down. "Hi."

"You're a model, right?" Niall asks, right off the bat.

She nods. "Yup."

"Did you guys already order?" I ask them.

Liam shakes his head, no.

I take out my phone and place it on the table. I didn't want to be that person that was on their phone during a dinner, but this situation called for it. I scrolled through Twitter briefly, trying to see if the news of my interview with "Dimitri" had spread.

'@UKJessSteele: here we go again...'

'@UKJessSteele: who Jess is in a relationship with has NOTHING to do with you. It's her personal life.'

'@livvysteele: maybe she's going through a hard time after her break up with nick guys. rebounding is normal.'

'@SteeleFandom: SHUT THE FKCU UP WITH THESE CHEATING RUMORS. JESS DIDNT CHEAT ON NICK W/ HARRY. DO U HONESTLY THINK SHE'D DO THAT."

'@SteeleFandom: Let's just focus on the Style music video!'

'@UpdatesSteele: Video of the interview Jess had a couple hours ago, when she confirmed her relationship with Harry https://youtu.be.com/TNvak762'

'@JARRYSHIP: HSNAMAKAIDUDDNEUIWOA FINALLY FUCKABSHSJAKAIAI'

'@JARRYSHIP: THEYRE TOGETHER BITCHESSSSS'

'@mashton_jess_ so jess did cheat on nick wow'

'@ENews: #Confirmed Jessica Steele and "friend", Harry Styles, are now in a relationship! Hear the details tonight at 8! pic.twitter.com/1bD7822vW'

'@adoringjb: I've gotten cheated on before & it sucks, so fuck Jess'

"Hey, stop reading those," Harry eases quietly. I turn my head to see that he was looking over my shoulder at what I was scrolling through.

I bit down on my bottom lip and locked my phone, leaving it face up on the table.

I felt Harry's warm lips press to my cheek. "Are you okay?"

I put a quick smile on my face and glance at him. "Yeah, I'm good. Just wanted to see if it already hit social media."

He places his hand on my thigh for comfort and I just gave him a grateful look.

"Food, food, food," Gigi starts chanting, looking around the restaurant for a waiter.

It was almost as if someone had heard her because a waiter comes up to our booth and takes out a notepad. I could tell he was a little bit nervous. Must be because of Gigi. We always get this reaction when I'm around her.

"H-hello, my name is Gabe, and I'll be your s-server tonight. Can I get you anything to drink?"

"Yeah, can I get the Chicken Alfredo please?" Gigi asks right away.

I burst into laughter and so does a couple of the guys.

"Wow, I didn't know you could drink that. Can I have that as well, please?" Louis jokes, asking the waiter.

Gabe laughs quietly. "Um, I can get your food orders too. So...two chicken alfredos..."

"I was joking, mate," Louis corrects.

"O-oh, um, okay. So one chicken alfredo, what else?"

We all go around and give both our food and drink orders before Gabe goes to put them in.

"Honest...that lad was about to shit his pants," Louis chimed.

"You're so mean. Leave him alone," I defend.

"He did," Zayn agreed with Louis, chuckling.

A couple of minutes later, a different waiter comes by to drop a couple baskets of bread off. We all rush to take some, stuffing the bread into our mouths.

"Hey, what d'ya think will happen if I just..." Louis trails off as he takes his piece of bread and holds it over the lit candle in the middle of the table.

We all watch in suspense as the flames lick over the sides of the bread before suddenly growing much larger. Louis shouts when the flame nicks his fingers and he drops the bread, making the napkin in front of him start to catch on fire. Everyone at the table kept yelling Louis' name.

Harry moved back his chair and held an arm out in front of me as I moved back as well.

"Louis, put it out!" Niall shouts.

I watch as Liam takes his own napkin and starts hitting it hard against the flames. Eventually it goes out.

We're all breathing heavy and halfway glaring at Louis.

He just laughs and says, "Woah."

I guarantee we attracted the attention of almost everyone in the room. A waiter came up to our table and frantically asked if everybody was alright.

"Yeah, I think the candle fell over, actually. Our bad," Zayn replies calmly.

Once the waiter leaves to get us new napkins, we all go back to glaring at Louis.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Liam asked.

"Bro, chill. I wanted some toast."

"Dumbass," Liam mutters.

Lou cocks his head to the side and just stares at him, probably wanted to just knock him upside the head.

"Okay," Harry drags out. "Let's not do that again."

"Jess, when's your next concert?" Liam asks.

"Next Monday in London. I'll be there for three nights, then I'll do two more in Manchester, and one more in Sheffield. If any of you can make it, I'll get you backstage."

"I'll come all three nights!" Niall announced.

"Same here," Louis and Liam both say.

"God bless us all," Harry mumbled and I laughed.

"I can only make it to the one on Monday," Zayn said.

"When are you guys heading back to England?" I asked.

"Liam and I are going back in a few days, and Niall and Zayn are leaving in two days, I think," Lou responds.

"Okay, then everyone can just text me when the dates get closer and we'll arrange to pick you up before the show."

"We're gonna need your number, love."

Harry chuckles. "You can text me, Lou."

I roll my eyes and open my phone to add contacts, then slid it across the table for the boys to put their numbers in it.

"When are you in the U.S.?"  Gigi asks.

"June, I think. End of June, yeah. But I'll be in Australia in May," I grin.

She tugs on my arm. "Damn it, Jess, I want to see one of your shows now."

"Come to the UK ones then! Or Spain, or Italy. You must have some shoots out there."

"Okay, yeah, I probably do. I'll just call you when I'm in someplace new and we'll figure out my relative location compared to yours."

I laugh. "Good idea."

Our food arrives a couple of minutes later, fortunately before Louis decides to set anything else on fire. We talk about random, stupid things, and about modeling cliches. After about an hour, we were all finished and Gigi had to leave.

We all hugged her goodbye and I told her that I'd text her soon.

We left with her out of the restaurant and then started our way upstairs and to our rooms. The boys went with Harry to his room, while I went straight to mine.

Before I got to open my door, I heard Jane call out my name behind me. I guess getting yelled at was inevitable.

But I wasn't yelled at.

"You need to get changed and come with me," she says vaguely.

I narrow my eyes in confusion. "Why?"

"We have a meeting to get to."

Meeting? She never told me about a meeting? And this late at night?

"'Kay," I mumble and unlock the door. I go inside to quickly change into leggings, a sweatshirt, boots, and a beanie. I'm sure it dropped ten degrees since I was last outside.

I walked with Jane in silence, back downstairs and straight outside. The SUV was already parked in front of the valet and two or three fans were waiting outside along with scattered paparazzi. I took pictures with the fans before getting into the car.

I scrolled through Twitter on my phone again as we drove away.

'@ENews: #Denied The relationship between Jessica Steele and Harry Styles was a joke? Details tonight at 11.'

"What the fuck?" I say out loud, causing Jane to look back at me.

'@JessicaWWUpdts: Jess' management sent out a statement saying that Jess called Harry her bf as a joke, and that it was meant to come off sarcastically.'

'@jessholdmedown: I guess it makes sense cause Miranda Kerr came up behind as right when the interviewer asked for confirmation...'

What the literal hell is management doing? They can't do this. Was this the reason for this meeting?

'@JessicaSteele: ????'

'@JessicaSteele RT @DimitriSolari_: My interview with @JessicaSteele confirming her relationship with @Harry_Styles bit.ly/1Ysk972'

I retweeted the link for the interview because why not confuse the fans and the media even more? Then they'd at least be on the same page as me.

"Jane, why did management release that statement?" I ask.

She frowns. "What statement?"

"The one that said I called Harry my boyfriend as a joke?"

She released a heavy breath. "It's happening."

"What is? The PR stunt? They can't do that. I'm not going to let them. I'll just tweet right now that I'm with Harry. I mean, I can't be blamed because they never told me about the stunt...you did."

I start frantically typing out a tweet that confirmed my relationship, but I stopped once Jane spoke again.

"No, not the stunt. They can't speed that up. They're going to speed up the process of Harry's termination."

Fucking hell.

I covered my face with my hands and curled my knees up to my chest. I felt like bursting into tears, but I couldn't.

I can't do anything right! Every time I've tried to fix something, I've made it worse! Why can't I just leave this management?! I'm not happy. I'm not happy. I'm not happy.

"Jane, I need to get out of this contract."

"You don't have enough money. Your career is still at its early stages. There are still heavy ties here with this company," she whispered softly, trying not to get me anymore worked up than I already was.

"I need to get out," I mutter again.
_________________

I just want to emphasize that getting out of this management is not easy at all for Jess because it's the first company she's ever been with & she's only at the end of her second year of her career. It takes a lot of money to get out of those kinds of contracts and Jess doesn't have enough to just yet. Her plan is to wait until the release of her new album in June before buying out. (:

I hope you all liked this chapter and new chapter will be out sooooon.

ALSO I WILL BE UPDATING THE FIRST CHAPTER/PART OF EVENTS SO KEEP AN EYE OUT. And if you haven't checked Events out, it's my new fanfic that I'm starting and the preview is in my works!

I'm also still working on the playlist for this story, so if you have any songs that remind you of Reckless, please comment them or DM them to me on Twitter (:

(AND) ??? if anyone is interested in making a trailer or just fan art for this story, that'd be so freaking amazing & I'll make it the picture or video for next chapter for sure (: 💕 just DM them to me on Twitter! Or Instagram!

Twitter: @wtvrharold / WWBADLANDS
Instagram: @harry.reckless
xxxx

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

103K 6.7K 10
Short au where jungkook receives a sticky note everyday over his locker and he wonders who it is
11.4K 357 5
Best friends, Niall Horan and Kyra Harrier, decided to take their friendship to the next level: boyfriend and girlfriend. It seemed like the best thi...
106K 3K 28
A book about a modern-day princess, a green-eyed financial analyst, and so, so many lies. ♕♕♕ Highest Rankings: #1 in NewRomance #1 in 1DFanFiction #...
638K 17.2K 59
The sequel to Adore You. This is not a stand alone book, so if you have not read the first book, this story will not make sense!! * Sometimes there a...