Coffee and Cafés - Book Two o...

Por Camlaaarr

Book Two of the Café Latte Trilogy. Tom Ramsdale has always helped people. He helped friends through their st... Más

Cappuccino, Extra Shot
Espresso
Americano
Irish Coffee
Iced Latte, Searing Hot
Tea
Babyccino
Caramel Latte
Cortado
Coffee Withdrawals
Medicinal Cappuccinos
Espresso Martini
Herbal Tea
Hazelnut Latte
Hot Chocolate
Flat White
Iced Caramel Macchiato
Affogato
Ristretto
Galão
Con Panna
Romano
Decaf
Vanilla Frappe
Birthday Coffee
Welcome Home Coffee
Café au Lait
Mocha Macchiato
Coffee Liqueur
Real Italian Coffee
In-Flight Cappuccino
One Final Espresso

Mocha

25.2K 943 193
Por Camlaaarr

My boyfriend: Didn't you say you were going to do tons of writing today?

Me, looking up from the update to Pokémon Snap: huh?

Seriously that game is so good. But yes, apologies for the day delay, I got very hooked yesterday and entirely forgot to upload!

Love, Cam

Mocha

I stretched out next to Harper and said, "I think I have a dilemma."

Harper rolled over on my sofa-bed and put his arm around me, spooning me. "Go ahead."

I sighed, holding his hand. "Well, I think you, Ross, Raven, Ed, and my mothers made me too tactile, but that's for therapy another day." Harper laughed, squeezing me, and I laughed with him. "Seriously though, I've got a work problem."

"Okay," Harper said.

"I like the job, don't get me wrong," I said. "Or I wouldn't be moving in with Raven and sticking around. But I think I might, just maybe, have a bit of a thing for my boss. And that is an issue."

Harper pulled away and sat up. "Okay, well, you're not wrong, that is an issue. Having a thing for a boss can be really complicated. But I think you know how to be professional, and you'll get over a crush in no time."

I sighed, also sitting up. "I hope so. He keeps wearing really tight jeans."

Harper's eyes lit up. "Tell me more."

I shoved him. "Dude," I said. "Don't bolt from me right now, okay, but what the hell is up with you and Edward right now?"

Harper averted his eyes and I made an 'uh-uh' noise, lifting his head up by his chin to look me in the eye. He sighed, pushing my hand away. "I don't know, Tom. I don't know what's going through Ed's mind right now."

"You two seemed to be getting... I don't know, on the right track," I pushed him for the details.

He sighed. "Yeah, we were. I don't know, we were spending tons of time together, and it was great, but we just... I don't know, we never seem to be able to get past... well, the past. We've tried to date three times over the last ten years, and each time it blew up for different reasons."

"You were both different then," I told him firmly. "You both had so much shit to deal with, life kept exploding around you. And you were younger, too, you had growing to do. I just think that everyone sees how great you could be together, and we wish you could see it too. Is it because you're positive?"

"I don't think so," Harper mused. "I mean, don't get me wrong, it definitely was a problem in the past. Not for him - for me, I mean. I was so scared of passing it onto someone I loved. I've made my peace with people choosing to take that risk with me now."

He sighed, and leaned back against the sofa cushions. It hit me then just how young Harper really was. I always viewed Harper, Ross, Ed, and Raven as so much older than me, because I'd known them when I was very much a child and they were becoming adults. But now, looking at him, Harper just seemed like any other thirty-four year old guy. He looked tired, and insecure, and anxious.

"If it helps," I said gently. "I think Ed would be very lucky to have you."

Harper smiled, and leaned over to kiss me. "Thanks, baby. I appreciate that." He sighed again, but it was less anxious than before. "I need to wait until Ed has gotten his Vegas stint out of the way, and then I will talk to him, I promise. If I try to talk to him now, he'll just be defensive. I've got to let him get his partying out his system first."

I smiled; that was true. Edward did react to major life problems by running away, partying like mad, and then returning to apologise and deal with everything. "Okay, but if you don't, I'm going to start hounding you."

"Deal," Harper said, extending his hand. I shook it and he said, "Look, when it comes to your boss, just remember that he's a guy at the end of the day. He might be damn beautiful, but he is just a dude, and he's got the same problems as the rest of us. Just get to know the guy, you might find a really nice friendship there."

I smiled. "Thanks, H."

"Plus, if you find you really do like him, then we'll deal with that when it happens," he shrugged. "Just remember, we all have a tendency to want what we can't have. Anyway, aren't you seeing that guy Owen for now? Just focus on that."

I pursed my lips thoughtfully. "So your advice is that I should bang Owen as much as possible? Yeah, I think I can swing that."

*****

The following week, I decided to follow Harper's advice and humanise Angelo. He was just a normal dude, regardless of what his flesh vessel looked like. I cheerfully entered the office, preparing myself not to jump when Ian popped out at me, but found that no one was around. I frowned; usually Misa, Ian and Angelo started half an hour before I did.

I looked around the office, finding a note stuck to my laptop monitor that said, 'will be back by ten!', and concluded that Misa and Angelo had left the office together. I got on with my own work, waiting for Ian, Chris and Barbie to arrive. After a few minutes, I heard the lift ping, and said, "Morning!" to greet them.

"Um," a small voice said, and I looked up to find a woman staring at me. She was tall, especially in her heeled boots, and was dressed in a very beautiful skirt-suit that I thought I recognised as Armani. "Hi," she said, awkwardly waving at me.

"Oh!" I connected the dots and said, "Are you Cinzia? Angelo's sister?"

She smiled in relief. "Yes! Are you Tom?"

"Yes," I beamed. "I've heard so much about you, it's nice to meet you."

Her face lit up in genuine warmth and she said, "You too!" very cheerfully. "Um, is Angelo in his room?"

"He's out with Misa right now," I told her, and watched her face crumple. "But they should be back within the hour - do you want to just hang out until he gets back?"

"Oh, yes please!" Cinzia replied happily, her mood brightening. She was so expressive, unlike her brother, who usually had a very good poker face unless he was startled by something. "So, um, what are you up to?"

"Well, I'm mostly just organising some files," I gestured to the cabinets. "I reorganised the office a couple of weeks ago, and I'm just making sure everything is in order. When Ian gets in I'll be helping him with the benefit plans. Are you going?"

"To the party?" she asked, and then nodded. "I think so!" She took out a diary from her bag and checked. "Yes, I am."

I smiled. "Are Della and Felicity coming?"

She stared at me blankly, and then laughed. "Oh, right! No, they won't, they don't go to grown-up things. Not like me, a grown-up."

I noticed that her English wasn't as good as Angelo's and I felt bad for not being able to speak in a language more comfortable to her. "So, is English hard to learn? Maybe I should learn Italian. Is that hard to learn?"

"Non proporio," she replied, and then giggled. "That means 'not really'. English is hard, though. I'm still not very good at it. But I'm practicing!"

It really surprised me just how sweet Cinzia was. I hadn't expected her to be cold, but I had expected her to be reserved like her brother. She was so enthusiastic and cheerful. I couldn't help but warm to her immediately. When I heard the lift open again and heard Angelo's voice, I smiled. "Well, I might just have to bribe you to be my Italian tutor."

Angelo walked into the room, talking to Misa, who was beside him, with Ian closely following. "And we should mention to the guests about the gardens, in case of allergies - oh, Cinzia!" he saw her and smiled warmly. "Are you okay?"

"Yes!" Cinzia announced cheerfully.

Angelo's smile faded a bit, and he looked between me and her, brightening again. "Good! I hope she's not been interrupting your work, Tom."

"Non proporio," I replied.

He blinked. "Mi scusi?"

I laughed. "Sorry, your sister gave me one phrase, I had to try it out. Was my pronunciation really bad?"

"No, it was good, actually," he said, his confusion clearing. "I just had one of those moments where you wonder if you're hearing things. Cinzia, I need to talk to you for a moment about Della, do you mind?"

Cinzia got up and smiled at me. "Nice to meet you, Tom!"

She walked off, almost going over on one heel, tottering on them as though it was the first time she had ever worn heels. Misa suddenly started talking to me, which distracted me from thoughts of Angelo and Cinzia. She was busily typing away at her phone, talking a mile a minute about the benefit, so I focused on that.

"Are you bringing someone?" she asked me, barely glancing up.

"To the benefit?" I asked.

She nodded. "I'm just trying to get final numbers together so we can order chairs and get the seating plan done. It's cool if you want to bring someone."

"Are you?" I asked her.

Misa nodded, colouring slightly. "I may have asked someone, yes. Ian's bringing Pru, you'll like her, she's nice! Barbie is bringing Ken-"

"Are you joking, or is he actually called Ken?" I asked.

"-and Chris isn't bringing anyone, mostly because he can't stand people," Misa continued as though I hadn't said anything. "Angelo's bringing Cinzia, because... well, because he has no romantic life. What about you?"

I took out my phone. "Give me a sec."

Free to attend a benefit in a few weeks? Good music, good food, me in a suit, etc

Owen's reply came back quickly.

You had me at you in a suit. Is this the one you're organising?

Ian's organising it, I just carry the heavy boxes he needs

Mm, good image...

Don't you start, I've got a loooong day ahead of me.

My phone buzzed and I saw an image pop up on my screen. I blushed heavily as I realised it was a shirtless picture of Owen, and quickly said, "Uh, yeah, I'll bring Owen."

Misa looked up, spied my face, and grinned. "I hope it's not him accepting the invite that got you all flustered."

I cleared my throat. "I plead the fifth."

"We live in England," she snickered, and the door to Angelo's office opened so I quickly shoved my phone in my pocket.

Cinzia strode out, looking sullen and irritated. I wondered what on earth Angelo had said to her to so firmly change her mind. She caught sight of me and awkwardly said, "Nice to meet you, Tom. Misa, see you later."

"Sure, Cinzia," Misa smiled at her, watching her leave. She looked at me apologetically. "Sorry about that, Angelo has the ability to piss her off to no end. She really liked you, I could tell."

"It's okay," I shook my head. "Trust me, I've spent enough time around Ross and Raven to know exactly how much siblings can argue. Is everything alright with Della?"

"Oh, yeah, she's just wanting to go to a zoo," Misa laughed. "She asks Angelo instead of Cinzia when she wants to go somewhere new. She's in a phase where she's obsessed with zebras."

I nodded understandingly. "We've all been there."

Ian, who had disappeared into his own office, leaned out of the door holding one of the office phones. "Tom!" I looked over. "There's a very hyperactive man on the phone for you."

I sighed and took the phone. "Hi, Edward."

"Hi, gorgeous! How's life in the big city?"

I checked my watch. "What time is it over there? Isn't it four in the morning or something?"

"It's only two in the morning," Edward laughed. "Peaches just ditched me to go home with some guy, so I am hanging around at the hotel pool feeling lonely and dramatic. I miss you!"

I smiled. "Then come home, idiot."

"But you're not even at home anymore!" he wailed dramatically.

I laughed. "Then come stay with me and Raven for a bit! We've got the room. Or you could stay with Harper? He's got a sofa bed. Or y'know, share his bed."

There was a few beats of silence, and I rolled my eyes. "Ed. What the hell is going on with you and Harper? I asked him, but he doesn't seem to bloody know, either. What is up with you?"

"It's complicated," he replied quietly.

"What's so complicated that you ran off to Vegas to sort it out?" I asked, starting to get a little irritated with being told the situation was complicated. "Ed, I love you, you know I love you, but I think you and Harper are being absolute tits."

"Thank you," Edward replied dryly. "Tom, there are so many feelings involved in this situation that it's going to be basically impossible for me not to get super defensive here, sweetie."

"I understand," I sighed. "I just want you to be happy."

"I know," Edward said, and then his tone changed. "You know, tonight I ran into like six people I knew within a ten minute walk and I just thought... if you're in Vegas on holiday, and it starts to feel like home, then it's probably time to leave."

I smiled. "Then come home."

"I'll look at flights back," he said, and then sighed. "I'm going to go sleep off a tequila-ridden night. I promise, I'll talk to Harper, okay? I love you."

"I love you, too," I said, and hung up the phone. When I turned around, everyone was trying to pretend that they hadn't just witnessed a very uncomfortable conversation. Even Angelo was awkwardly hovering, having left his office. I smiled and said, "It's okay, I know you could hear me. It's just my friend, Edward. You ever see two people that are clearly into each other and just want to smash their faces together so they just kiss and get it over with?"

Misa and Ian nodded solemnly, looking at Angelo and then at me. I glared at them. "Anyway, when he comes to stay we should have a night out - if anyone knows how to party, it's Edward."

"Is he the drag queen?" Misa asked, and I nodded. "Will he come in drag?"

"It's easier to ask when he won't go somewhere in drag," I replied, and she seemed pleased and excited by the prospect of partying with Sapphire. "Will you come out with us, Angelo? Or do you not party in front of your employees?"

"Please," Ian snorted. "Once you get a couple drinks in Angelo he'll dance for hours."

Angelo shot him a furious look, and said, "I do not dance for hours. Anyway, let's focus less on our social lives and more on our work lives - Misa, have you got the final numbers yet?"

"Working on it," Misa was still tapping away at her phone. "But now that both Barbie and Tom are bringing people, I think we should have a full table of just us lot."

"Ooh, who are you bringing?" Ian asked. "Is it the estate agent you banged?"

I thought of the shirtless picture on my phone and blushed. "Yeah, he's only here for like six weeks before he moves away to Oregon, so I thought I'd subject him to a work party before he leaves."

"Lucky guy," Ian laughed loudly. "Going long-distance?"

"Nah," I shook my head. "Not my thing. Not his, either. We're just having some fun until he leaves."

Angelo suddenly chimed in with, "Focus, everyone. The benefit is just around the corner - you won't be able to bring any dates if we don't get the details sorted." He then turned around and swiftly left, closing the door behind him.

"Who pissed in his coffee?" I asked.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

59.7K 2.1K 43
When two lovers' best friends meet for the first time... lots of feelings can rise. Attraction, confusion, lust... love? Will they be able to overcom...
125K 225 2
After losing his parents and being abused, Thomas is learning how to enjoy his life again - something he thought was impossible for him, but then he...
191 49 15
"Jake," Seth called out. Nothing. Seth groaned and then walked up behind him and once he got to him he saw that Jake had both his earbuds in. He chu...
884K 44.8K 24
[True Love Trilogy: Book One] Dillon Folan believed in soulmates, but he had yet to find his perfect match. He felt like he had a lot of good things...