Cortado

Cam here!

I'd really just like to give a huge huge thank-you to all of you. I just spent the last hour reading and replying to comments (yay!) and they make my heart swell up with joy.

Special shout-out to @CLKD111 @Splash7 @Nicky1178 @socially-weird @umidunno19 @Kingy_The_First and @JustinTay784  for commenting often. I read every comment I receive, and they really do stick with me. Knowing that my writing gives you entertainment and happiness makes me feel indescribably wonderful.

I hope you enjoy the next chapter!

Love, Cam 

Cortado

The benefit had been on a Friday, so I had a weekend spent relaxing with Owen and Raven watching films and eating takeout. It was fun, but I was relieved to find that I wasn't getting any deeper feelings for him; I really didn't want to be in the position of liking Owen when he was due to leave in a few weeks. He left for work on the Monday morning at the same time as I did, and I practically floated to work. Life was good.

When I reached the lobby, I saw that someone was waiting for the lift. I hated sharing lifts with strangers; the awkward silence practically begged me to fill it with some wanky small talk like 'nice weather, huh?'. As I got closer, though, I saw that it was someone I recognised. Cinzia was wearing a navy blue mid-length dress, with gold jewellery adorning her wrist and neck. Now that she was in a shorter dress, I could see that she had a prosthetic leg on her left side, while I admired her gold heels.

I caught up to her, and said, "Hi!"

Cinzia looked at me warily, holding her bag as though there was definitely something that could knock me out in it, and said, "Hello?" as though it was a question.

"Did you have fun on Friday?" I asked her.

Her expression was no less wary, but she seemed less confused at my question. "Oh, yeah, sure. It was nice. Music was good."

"Yeah, the orchestra were really talented," I nodded, and then looked at her outfit. "You always look so pretty, Cinzia, I wish I had your wardrobe."

The lift opened, and Cinzia got into the lift with me, awkwardly saying, "Thanks. You look, uhh, nice." She then sighed in frustration. "Sorry, I'm not good with small talk. Misa says you just moved here?"

"Yeah," I nodded, confused. I had already talked to her about this. The lift arrived at our floor and Cinzia swept out without a second glance, looking irritated. I wondered what on earth I had done.

I wandered into the office and Misa caught sight of me. I must have looked absolutely baffled, because she took one look at Angelo's closed door, where Cinzia had presumably just walked, and sighed. "Give me a moment," she said, and knocked on Angelo's door before entering it, closing it behind her.

I sat at my desk, completely confused about the exchange I had just had. What was Misa doing? I hoped she wasn't telling Cinzia off for acting differently; I didn't want her or Angelo to think I was easily offended. After a few minutes, Misa reopened the door and called my name. "Tom?"

I stuck my head around the door of our office. "Yeah?"

"Angelo wants a word," she nodded to the open door, where I saw Angelo. Cinzia had her arms folded across her chest, looking irritated, and he looked sheepish. I hesitantly walked across the room and into his office, passing Misa who looked a little exasperated also.