Coffee Liqueur

Hello! This chapter comes to you while I am wrestling two cats off my lap because they are obsessed with standing on me the second I do anything with my laptop.

Also there are like ten Italian people in this chapter and they're all men in their thirties so I straight up Googled 'popular Italian names for boys across the last thirty years' and chose from that list. Gotta say, my favourite is Elia, such a lovely name.

Love, Cam

****

I was a thousand percent being a little bitch. I was snapping at everyone; I had practically driven Raven out of the communal areas of the flat because she was so sick of my attitude. It was getting to the point that Jasper was giving me subtle hints that he wasn't pleased with my snippy retorts.

Group Chat: My Family and Other Animals

Members: Ross, Jasper, Tom, Raven, Edward, Harper, Jenny, Lucie, Rory and Cyri

Jazz: anyone wanna go see the new James Bond

tomtom: no

Jazz: anyone else wanna go see the new James Bond?

tomtom: i've heard it's shit anyway

Jazz: all the reviews say it's pretty good!

tomtom: whatever

Jazz: oKAY Tom I get that you're pissy cause your boyfriend moved away but i stg

Jazz: if you don't get your shit together

Jazz: I will come over there and i will steal your fucking coffee supply and i will empty it down the sink

Jazz: dont think i wont

tomtom: excuse me for having feelings

Jazz: feelings are fine

Jazz: being an emo little shit is not fine

RossStone: He's not wrong, Tom. You're being a twat and you know it. Stop being bitchy to us, we haven't done anything.

Edward: you need a shot of a coffee liqueur or something

Harper met me later that day for lunch. I knew I was in trouble when he walked in without smiling.

"Please don't say the others sent you to kick my arse," I sighed.

Harper eyed me with The Look, the one I knew I wouldn't escape from even if I tried, and I deflated into a chair. "Fine," I said, gesturing for him to sit opposite me. "Hit me with it."

Harper snorted and sat down. "You are being a dick."

"I know," I grumbled.

"Well, then stop it," he said sternly. "It's bloody annoying, and we're only trying to support you."

I felt the guilt hit me in the stomach and mumbled, "I'm sorry."

"Good," he replied archly, and then sighed. "Look, I know me, Ross, and Ed aren't exactly the role models we'd like to be when it comes to emotional adjustment, but I was kind of hoping that your having a stable family and an awareness of mental health would balance that out."