Rather Be (A Camren Story)

By iloveyou1234566

"There is no place in the world I rather be than with you." More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 (Final Chapter)
Wishes

Chapter 21

9.3K 247 28
By iloveyou1234566

"Mama, wake up," a high-pitched voice said, poking my cheek.

"What's wrong?" I yawned as I opened my eyes to see my green-eyed three-year-old in front of me.

"Mommy go crazy!" She exclaimed. "It scary."

"It's scary?" I asked, sitting up up on the coach.

"Yes," she nodded.

"How is it scary?" I questioned as I stretched.

"Look," she said, pointing at Camila who was kissing Kayne on the head repeatedly.

"Mommy always gives you and sissy kisses," I replied.

"No, come look," she said, tugging on my hand.

"Okay, okay, I'm coming."

I stood up and shuffled my way to the front of the bus, following Ashtyn.

Camila had a grin on her face as soon as she met my eyes. She let go of Kayne's cheeks and pulling me into her body.

"Good morning beautiful," she smiled before kissing me.

"Morning," I replied.

"I love you so fucking much," she said. "Did you know that?"

"I love you too, baby," I smiled lightly.

She seems overly happy and extra clingy. In the mornings she often looks drained from last nights events and not falling asleep till four in the morning.

"See, crazy," Ashtyn said as she climbed into the booth.

"Camz, are you okay?" I asked cautiously.

"I'm wonderful," she smiled widely before kissing me again.

"Are you sure? You seem overly happy?"

"Is there something wrong with being happy?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.

"No, no, of course not," I reassured. "But most days you're cranky in the morning."

"I just woke up in a great mood," she smiled before removing her grip from around me.

I quit questioning her and took a seat across from the twins. One thing I've learned about Camila over the years is how hard it is for her to keep a secret from me, but you can't push her for an answer.

"Camren, Erik is in his bus looking for you," Dinah stated as she walked through the front lounge.

"Can you watch the twins while Lauren and I talk to him?" Camila asked, setting the plate of chocolate chip pancakes in front of the girls.

"Sure," Dinah said, grabbing a pancake off the plate.

I slipped on my flip flops before following Camila outside.

Today is the day that we tell Will and Erik about our plan for the second leg, and I'm beyond nervous.

It's like taking the nerves I had from my audition on X-Factor and multiplying them a hundred times.

"Are you okay?" Camila asked, peering over at me.

"A little nervous, but I'll be fine," I reassured her, grabbing ahold of her hand.

"Why are you nervous?" Camila asked as she led us to Will and Erik's bus.

"I guess you could say I'm nervous about the outcome of our decision."

"I'm nervous too baby, but we're in this together."

"Forever," I stated.

"Forever," she agreed, kissing the side of my face.

I followed her onto the bus where Erik and Will we're busy typing away at their computers.

"Lauren and I came up with our final decision regarding the second leg of the tour," Camila spoke up, squeezing my hand tightly.

"I'm all ears," Erik said, looking up from his computer.

"We've decided we're going on the second leg," I stated.

"Are you two sure about this?" Will asked.

"Positive," Camila nodded.

"Then I'll get you two the paper work," Erik said before going back to his paperwork.

Despite being away from the girls and our tour manager becoming Erik, I'm actually really excited for this second leg.

Camila and I decided leaving the girls for a month with Sinu wouldn't be too bad. We know the girls will be in good hands and we can always call and FaceTime.

I have yet to tell my mom about Camila and I's decision. Honestly, that's the least of my worries.

My real problem is not being with the girls every day and having to put up with Erik's bullshit.

The only reason Erik even has a job as our tour manager is because he's Will's cousin.

"So what's next?" Camila asked as we made our way off their tour bus.

"I guess we tell the girls that they're staying with your mom," I replied.

"Is it weird that I'm more nervous to tell the girls than anyone else?" She question.

"No, the feeling is mutual," I said. "There has never been a night that I've been away from the girls."

"Yes there has."

"When?" I questioned. "Even when they were embryos I was there."

"You're forgetting about the night during the Skyline tour," she pointed out. "I wouldn't let you take the twins when you were pissed off."

"Oh god, I was a mess."

"It was understandable," Camila said, caressing the back of my hand with her thumb. "You were pissed at management and to be honest, you weren't the only one. Everyone hates management."

"We can't allow for you to go home, Lauren," Will said as he flipped through a pile of papers.

"Why not?" I asked angrily.

"We're in the middle of a sold out tour. We can't afford for you to leave for a few days when you don't even have a legitimate reason for going home."

"I don't have a reason?" I asked, raising one eyebrow. "My grandpa is dying. They're not even giving him to the end of the week. How the fuck are you going to sit here and tell me that I don't have a legitimate reason?"

"I'm sorry Lauren, I really am, but I honestly can't let you leave," he said standing up and walking to the door.

"I'll only be gone for one show," I replied, following him. "I'll do anything if it meant I could see my grandpa before he dies."

"I know you would Lauren, but we really can't allow you to go."

"Please," I begged, tears streaming down my face.

"I don't know what to tell you kid. You could always FaceTime or call him, but we can't allow you to fly out to Miami," he said before leaving the room."

I stormed out of the room and went straight up to mine. I pounded profusely on the door. The anger inside of me was building up with every second I waited outside my door. I could feel myself about to explode.

"How'd it-"

"Move," I spat out, pushing the door open wider and Camila out of the way.

"I take it, it didn't go the way you wanted it to?" Camila asked as I threw my toiletries into my bag.

"I'm leaving," I stated, pushing myself past Camila.

"They're allowing you to see your grandpa?" She asked as I threw all my stuff into the bag with the toiletries.

"No."

"Then what are you doing?"

"What the fuck does it look like I'm doing?" I asked, holding up my shirt before throwing it into my bag. "I'm leaving."

"I thought management-"

"Fuck management," I said, cutting her off and slipping my bag onto my back. "They can suck my fucking ass."

I made my way over to the girl things. I stuffed a few outfits into their already packed diaper bag.

"Lo, what do you think you're going?"

"Did I stutter?" I asked, glaring at her. "I told you, I'm leaving."

"Then why are you packing the girls' belongs?"

"They're going with me."

"Said who?" The brown-eyed Cuban asked, folding her arms across her chest.

"Said me?" I said, swinging the diaper bag over my shoulder.

"You may not listen to what management, but you're sure as hell gonna listen to me when I say the twins aren't leaving with you."

"I'm their mother too, Camila. If I say they're coming with me, then they're coming with me."

"You're pissed off Lauren, and I understand that. I'm pissed too that they won't allow you to skip one show, but you're not yourself when you're pissed."

"Are you saying I would hurt the girls?"

"No," she said, shaking her head. "I'm saying your mind is elsewhere and you'll be able to spend more time with your grandpa if the girls aren't with you."

"Then come with me, Camz," I said, picking Ashtyn and Kayne out of their playpen.

"I can't do that."

"And why not? We already disobeyed management when they said we couldn't get married or start a family."

"I know we have, but I think it would be best if you went by yourself."

"That's not happening," I said making my way to the door.

"Lauren, give me my daughters," Camila pleaded as she blocked the door.

"Move Camila," I said sternly.

"Give me the girls and I will," she stated, staring into my eyes.

"Please," she said, her voicing cracking at the end as the room started to fill with the sound of Ashtyn's cry.

I handed the girls over to her before roughly kissing her.

"I'll be back," I said before dropping the diaper bag and leaving Camila alone with the girls.

"Oh god," I said, rubbing my temple. "That was one hell of a day."

"Management was pissed when they found out you left," Camila giggled.

"I was pissed when they wouldn't let me leave," I stated.

"So when do you want to tell the girls?"

"I guess we could tell them tonight. I don't see the reason for waiting."

"Then let's do it tonight," I replied.

"Babe," she said, stopping us outside the door of our bus."

"Yes?" I asked, grabbing her other hand.

"I need to tell you something," she said, biting her lip nervously.

"You can tell me whatever you want, Camz."

"You won't be mad?"

"No matter how hard I try, I couldn't be mad at you."

"You won't judge?"

"I won't judge."

"You have to promise me, Lauren," she said seriously.

"I promise you, Camila. I won't be mad, I won't judge, and I'll listen to every word that comes out of your mouth. We're in a relationship, Camz. Relationships don't work out if there isn't any trust, and we both know that. Not having any trust is why our marriage crumbled."

"I know trust is a key factor in making a relationship work, and I do trust you, Lauren, but I feel as if you don't trust me."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I've told you a lot about what happened in my life while we were split, but yet you haven't told me anything about your life."

"Do you really want to know what was going on with me while we were split?"

"Only if you want to tell me. I don't want to pressure you into talking about something you don't want to."

"You're not pressuring me, Camz," I reassured her before kissing her sweet, delicate lips.

"How about tonight we both share something," I suggested as I looked into her alluring chocolate eyes. "You tell me about what's bothering you and I'll share something about me with you."

"Okay," she nodded before kissing me.

"Camren, we have an interview in ten!" Dinah yelled as she walked off the bus with the girls.

"Mommy!" Ashtyn yelled, running over to us with her hands up.

Camila placed Ashtyn on her hip before placing Kayne on her other hip.

"You ready?" Camila asked as she balanced the twins on her hips.

"Yup," I answered before following her and Dinah into the venue.

----

Hello beautiful people!!

I made it though my first week of school and my updating schedule shouldn't be affected too much since I've found free time to write during the week.

I hope y'all have a great day/night!

- Ashley

Twitter & Ask.fm - dinahaddict

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.9K 501 15
Unknown: hallo!!! Camila: Hi Camila: Wait Who the fuck are you??
93.1K 1.9K 38
Title says it all. Enjoy!
88.7K 3.1K 35
You're nothing but a fuckgirl Completed-8/1/17
97K 3.8K 27
Baby, I call in the dead of night, but you don't need me like I need you.