Supernatural Boarding School...

Mokita által

Story = completed ✅ The life of a teenager is never easy. Especially when you are the only existing female va... Több

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Short Stories
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Be prepared...
Chapter 93
PUBLISHED

Chapter 20

55K 1.2K 138
Mokita által

Note: this story has been published through Self Publishing. Keep in mind that the Wattpad version is only the first draft! For the polished version without the many mistakes, buy a copy!

Where can you order a copy, you ask? Please use Create Space, because they give me more royalties!

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it!

========

On Sunday morning I woke up at 11 o’clock. With a shock, I realized I was late for my study session with Simon. We’d agreed to go find an empty classroom we could sit in and prepare for the tests together. I threw on a pair of sporty black shorts and a tight green halter top. Realizing I might get cold, since the weather wasn’t as good as it had been – it was only April – I put a long-sleeved men’s shirt on top of it. It was bright red with purple buttons, way too big for me and a bit dressy. Stepping into my black Nikes, I checked myself in the bathroom mirror. I looked a bit weird, with all the different kind of clothes that didn’t match in the slightest, but I felt comfortable and it looked kind of nice on me.

After brushing my teeth and pulling my uncombed, messy hair into a bun at the nape of my neck, I hurried out of my dorm. Racing through the hallway in an attempt to get there only slightly late, I rounded a corner at full speed and almost ran into a tall, blond guy that was jogging down the hallway like me. The only thing that tipped me off in time was the shimmering darkness that seemed to drift ahead of him. Coming to a halt at the same time he did, only inches from each other, I realized I knew him. It was Kevin.

‘Hey there, Demona,’ he greeted me with a smile. ‘Sorry I almost bumped right into you.’

‘No biggie, it was mostly my fault,’ I replied, grinning back. ‘What’s the hurry?’

He rolled his eyes, the sparkle of gold in his dark eyes twinkling in the dim light. ‘I was supposed to meet some friends five minutes ago. Breakfast. You?’

‘I am late for a study date with a friend,’ I explained. ‘You know, Simon.’

‘Ah, the guy I saw you with last time. Yeah, I remember him. The fairy, right?’ He didn’t say it like it was bad thing, more like he wanted to make sure he knew who I meant.

‘Yeah, that’s right.’ I smiled at him, meaning to say goodbye, but he spoke up.

‘Hey… I’ve been meaning to ask you something.’ Was I mistaken or did I really see a slight blush creep onto his pale cheeks? ‘I know you’ve been asked out like a thousand times by now and you probably already said yes to someone… But would you like to go to the dance with me?’

I merely gaped at him. Sure, I’d been asked out a lot, but I’d never thought an older guy like Kevin – who was a really hot, bad-ass vampire – would be interested in me. I knew it was only because of my new popular state… Or was it? He looked like he sincerely hoped I’d tell him yes.

‘I understand if you don’t want to,’ Kevin added lightly. ‘No problem.’

‘I – erm – I am kind of going with someone already,’ I sputtered, feeling sorry about that for the very first time. ‘Simon’s taking me.’

‘Oh. Well, too bad.’ He smiled ruefully, ruffling his light blond hair. ‘I heard you were going with him, but I thought it was just gossip. Didn’t get the impression you were that into him.’

I hesitated. Should I tell him the truth? ‘Well, I’m not, really. He kind of saved me by pretending he was my date so people would just stop asking me out.’

‘That’s actually pretty nice of him then,’ Kevin mused. He didn’t look like he liked the idea of me going out with someone that wasn’t himself very much. ‘Well, maybe next time.’

‘Sure,’ I agreed, smiling sweetly at him. ‘I – I would appreciate you not telling anyone about Simon lying about being my date. I mean – he is now, but about the saving me part…’

‘I understand,’ Kevin assured me, grinning. ‘Better hurry on now, right? Don’t want to be late for either of our appointments.’

‘Right!’ I realized. ‘See you later.’

Feeling dazed, I ran all the way to Simon’s dorm. I’d been planning on telling him about Kevin, but when I knocked on his door, I decided not to. He’d probably tell me it was okay if I wanted to go with Kevin. But that would mean he’d be all by himself the night of the dance. I didn’t want to be the cause of that. And if I’d go with Simon anyway, he’d feel like a second choice. I’d just go with him – we’d have fun, I was sure of it. Better to not stress anything too much. Simon was still struggling with his kind of low-life state in school. I didn’t want to be the one to make his glow go from happy purple to brooding dark.

‘Ready?’ Simon asked, pulling open the door. He already had his bag full of books over his shoulder.

‘For a day full of dullness and boredom?’ I asked. ‘Always.’

He grinned. ‘It’ll be fine.’

‘Oh God,’ I grumbled after an hour of staring pointlessly at my books. I had a really hard time focusing my thoughts on my work. Eros, Kevin, my dad... everything kept going round and round in my head. I closed my eyes, willing myself to focus – really focus. I wished so badly I could concentrate on this week’s tests that it made my head hurt.

Okay, Demona, you can do this. I told myself sternly. You may not be a star student, but you can make this work. Come on now, focus.

When I opened my eyes, I could feel all the distracting thoughts slip from my mind. I could feel my brain empty itself, making room for all the new stuff I had to learn today. It was like my vision narrowed, seeing only my goal: studying for the tests and getting good grades. The focus I’d wished for so badly was there. It was a miracle.

Just as I bent over my books to soak in some information before the focus disappeared just as magically as it had come to me, I heard Simon gasp behind me. I turned my head to my right, looking at him questioningly. His face was pale, his brown eyes as wide as they would go. He looked kind of green actually and his glow was less noticeable than usual, as if he was weaker or something.

‘What’s wrong?’ I asked, steadying him gently when he wobbled in his seat.

He was eying me with speculation and wonder. ‘How do you feel?’

‘I don’t think it’s me we need to be worried about,’ I objected, laughing lightly. ‘You look kind of… sick.’

‘No, I mean…’ He searched for words. ‘Do you feel… focused?’

‘How do you kn-’ I gasped, realizing what must have happened. I had wished for my focus so hard, and Simon was a fairy, after all. And fairies… they made wishes come true. ‘Did you…?’

He nodded. ‘Well – I think I did. Do you feel capable of concentrating on whatever you want?’

I glanced at my book again, experiencing the narrow vision thing again, like there was nothing besides this book and the need to learn it all by heart. ‘Yes, I  do,’ I said excitedly. ‘How cool, I didn’t know you could do that!’

He smiled, still looking a bit weak. ‘Me neither. I never purposefully made a wish come true before.’

‘Really?’ I asked, surprised.

‘Yeah… fairies are supposed to feel wishes around them, feel the things others want. I never seemed to feel it like others did. But now… with you… I could feel it swirl around me, feel the wish forming in your head. And I did it!’ His face was full of wonder and excitement.

I smiled widely. ‘How cool, congratulations! Can I have a room filled with money now and maybe a Magnum Gold? I’m in the mood for some chocolaty goodness.’

‘It doesn’t work like that,’ Simon said, frowning at me. ‘I can only make things happen that are there already. I didn’t make you focus, I made you see the way you could do it yourself. I can’t make things appear out of nothing. If you need money, I can help you remember where you left your wallet, or make you see the perfect job for you…’ His voice got a bit strained now, but he resumed talking. ‘At least, when I am a full fairy, I will be able…’ His eyes drooped a little, making me put an arm around him to make sure nothing would happen. ‘…to do that kind of stuff.’

And with that, he fainted. I gasped, dragging him up so he wouldn’t slide off the chair. I grabbed his glass of water and threw it in his sweaty face. With a loud gasp, he resurfaced.

‘What happened?’ I asked, really worried about him.

‘I… It made me kind of… weak,’ he said feebly. ‘I should get stronger in the long run, stronger with every wish I do… But at first, every wish makes me weaker. I just need rest and a bit of practice.’

‘That’s all?’ I asked, keeping an arm around him, not really noticing him trying to shake me off. ‘Do you need me to take you to your dorm?’

He shook his head. ‘Just let me sit for a while, it will pass.’

Luckily, it did pass in a few more moments. He smiled at me, gesturing toward my books. ‘Now, I suggest you use the focus I provided.’

I chuckled. ‘You’re right. Thanks.’

At dinner, the whole cafeteria was buzzing with excitement. But there was something wrong with it. It wasn’t the kind of excitement that went with good things – it was like people were talking about something bad that had happened. There weren’t as many stares and whispers for me and Simon as usual. I didn’t mind that, but what bothered me was that someone else seemed the centre of attention today – in a very eerie way. It was Kevin.

I hurried through the crowd, leaving Simon behind for a second. Kevin’s handsome face was slightly misshapen. He had a huge black eye – which was obviously recent and would look even worse in the morning – and his nose was covered in a bandage, probably reset after being broken. He’d been punched or kicked right in the face. Hard.

‘Kevin, what happened?’ I asked, staring at his huge bruise.

‘Got into a fight,’ he explained, grimacing at the pain speaking caused. ‘No biggie.’

‘It obviously is,’ I countered, rolling my eyes. ‘Who did this to you?’

‘Nobody,’ he said quickly. ‘It’s nothing.’ His eyes flickered to something in the back of the cafeteria. ‘Really, don’t worry about it.’

I glanced over my shoulder in the direction he’d glanced. Eros was lounging against the far wall, a smirk on his beautiful face. I glared at him, getting a wink in return. Kevin looked from me to Eros with a slightly panicked look on his face.

‘Of course,’ I spat, irritated. ‘I shouldn’t have asked.’

‘Demona-’ Kevin started, but I didn’t listen. I was already on my way to the handsome, smirking bastard that was currently looking at me with an amused look on his face. This time he wouldn’t get off easy.

‘You really think you are quite something, don’t you?’ I yelled when I was just a few feet away from him. ‘Who do you think you are?’

‘I was under the impression I was Eros, a student at this wonderful school,’ he answered lightly. ‘Who do you think I am?’

‘I think you seem to be under the impression you really are some kind of God, instead of coincidentally sharing one’s name. And I think you are a fucking idiot who thinks he can get away with anything he does, no matter how bad.’

‘I don’t know what you mean by that,’ Eros mused, a mocking smile on his face. ‘Please elaborate.’

‘You hit Kevin,’ I spat. ‘Don’t tell me you didn’t, I know you.’

‘Unless he actually told you that – which I doubt – I am curious to hear why you seem so sure. I didn’t do it, just for the record.’ He looked around him, taking in the crowd that had gathered around us.

I snarled, exposing my fangs. Several people gasped, but I didn’t even notice it. ‘Shut up, you brainless monster,’ I sneered. ‘Everyone knows what a self-involved bastard you are.’

‘And what are you going to do about that?’ Eros stepped closer, stroking my face with one hand, the other in the pocket of his black jeans. ‘Kiss me?’

I could feel the fog settling onto my mind again. But this time, I was ready for it. I focused on everyone around me instead of on Eros himself. Looking to my left, I could see Simon standing close to me. He was staring at me hard, as if he was willing me to fight the mind control. I could almost feel his strength soak into me. With a final snarl, I pulled back my hand and let it connect with Eros' face.

He hissed in surprise and anger, exposing his own fangs now. I hadn’t bruised him, but his cheek was slightly redder. ‘You’ll pay for that,’ he swore. Something in his expression told me he wasn’t just angry with me, but also… impressed maybe?

I leaned forward, stroking his cheek like he’d done with me before. ‘And how will you accomplish that?’ I said softly, dangerously. ‘Kiss me?’

Our faces got closer and closer, until the only way we could be closer would be to actually do what we’d both been teasing about: kiss. Eros smirked and leaned down a little more, kissing me in my neck. His fangs grazed my neckline, making my skin crawl.

‘I could always suck your blood,’ he whispered into my ear.

With a feral growl, I kneed him in the groin. He flinched, but not more than that. His hand found my throat, tightening just enough so that I was uncomfortable, but not enough to strangle me. His fangs grazed my temple now.

‘One day, I will taste you,’ he promised in a very soft, sensual tone of voice.

‘That’s enough. Miss Hollow, Mister Slayer.’ Mr Hammerhead was standing right next to us, one hand on Eros' shoulder and one on mine. ‘I will see you both in detention tomorrow evening. Six o’clock exactly. Now, everyone, please sit down and act as if nothing ever happened.’

The moment I turned and stalked toward my usual table, Simon was with me. He didn’t say anything, just put his arm around me. His own fury, his worries, but also his calm strength swirled around me, becoming a part of me, making me focus on calming down instead of getting even more fed up about all of this. Eros wasn’t worth this.

‘Thanks,’ I told Simon softly when he pulled back his arm and sat down next to me.

‘Don’t ever scare me like that again,’ he grumbled, surprising me. ‘I thought he was going to rip out your throat.’

I took a deep breath. ‘I am sorry; truly.’

‘I know…’ He grinned at me then. ‘You really showed him though.’

I grinned right back. ‘Yeah, I’m bad-ass.’

‘Don’t do it again, though,’ Simon warned again. ‘He is dangerous.’

I exposed my fangs, hissing softly. ‘Trust me, I am too when I am furious like I was just now. You don’t want to mess with me.’

He shook his head, smiling in spite of himself. ‘I’ll remember that.’

========

Where can you order a copy of this book, you ask?

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it!

Please like this story on Facebook and stay tuned about developments in the series: https://www.facebook.com/SupernaturalBoardingSchool

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

933K 24.7K 61
Vivienne didn't believe in vampires until she started to suspect her prince might be one. Which will she sacrifice - humanity or love? ...