The Nerd and the Bad boy(UNDE...

By burself

Mia Swift is a socially awkward nerd who's never kissed a guy or let alone done anything adventurous in her e... More

The Nerd and The Bad Boy
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Characters
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
A/N
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
A/N
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
A/N
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
A/N
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
A/N -Aaaaahmazing Newssss!
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
A/N
Chapter 47
WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?!?!
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
This is for a wonderful supporter :)
Chapter 50
New Year's Resolution

Chapter 13

28.1K 868 37
By burself

Edited 4/29/20 - I kind of feel like there's way to much dialogue in this chapter but enjoy anyways :) 

Update on my life: Math should be banned and replaced with nap time.

- thank you.

**

"I'm asleep!" I yell at the door. I look at Jason with a hopeful look in my eye that said 'Do you think that worked?" 

Stifling a laugh he shook his head with a firm no. 

"You think I was born yesterday?" My mom roars on the other side of the door. "Open. The. Door. NOW!" She growls. 

You see, my mother and I have a unique relationship so to speak. As in, my weirdness is associated with her. Let's just say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. If you don't get that now you will in pretty soon. 

"Okay mom!" I yell out. "Give me a minute!"

I get up and scan my room frantically trying to find something that will help me get out of this very messy yet sadly, very real, situation. 

"I'm just going to wait till this all blows up because I'm sure it'll be very promising and  inevitably will be hilarious." He says smirking leaning comfortable on my headrest. "So don't mind me."

I roll my eyes in anger. "What's that thing that you're not?" I saying feigning stupidity. "Oh yeah, funny." I point my finger at Jason. "You." I drop my voice low and menacingly. "Get in the closet. NOW!" I whisper opening the closet door. 

"I can't even explain how cute you are." Jason says chuckling getting off the bed, walking towards me.

My face immediately heats up. "What are you--,"

He walks towards me and pushes a strand of hair from my face. "--Because you actually think you can tell me what to do."

My mouth becomes dry and my sentence become jumbled and incoherent.

Jason pushes me away slightly and goes into the closet closing the door behind him.

I raise my eyebrow at him. "And yet?"

He looks back at me and winks. "And yet."

"Of course you owe me though." He yells from the door.

"And there it is. It's not like I'm letting you stay at my place rent free or anything."  I roll my eyes. "Just hush!" I roughly whisper back.

"Mia!" My mom cuts me off. "What part of now do you not understand?"

Well the now part. But whatever.

"Greetings mother." I say opening the door calmly. "How may I assist you on this fine evening?" 

She walks in the door shoving me out of the way as if I'm a murder about to be convicted. Which actually would be a better punishment than her finding Jason in my closet.

"I thought you and dad wouldn't be back till later?" I ask nervously. 

She narrows her eyes at me. "Well, we forgot to pick up some of the paperwork and had to drive back." My mom begins to inspect every inch of my room. Her eyes glide to makeshift bed on the floor.  

"Why is there a bed on the floor?" My mom asks looking at me, tapping her foot impatiently.

"Uh, Mom." I breath in. "That's a very good question and I think you know the answer..." I trail off. "Because you're too smart to not know?" I offer.

My mom smiles tightly not listening to my compliment. "Enlighten me anyways."

"It's uh..." I take a second to think about but nothing is coming to mind. "My... imaginary friends?" It was the first thing that came to mind. Yeah Mia, way to go the idiot in the closet is going to get a kick out of this. You will never live this down.  So great, why don't we go with that to kill any positive reputation you ever had.

"Mia, come over here and sit down." My mom says sighing and motioning me toward the bed. "A mother knows best, and I want you to listen to what I have to say."

Yes the signature, a mother knows best. Every time my mom wants to give me some sort of inevitable lecture, she starts with her signature phrase and goes on this huge tangent.

I know she started saying this ever since she saw the movie Tangled.  She expects me and dad to let her go on thinking like she's the one who made it up but we all know she got it from a movie. 

"Kelly doesn't exist." She says after a thoughtful moment. "'And I need you to start believing that. I know you think she exists and your father and I let it go because, well face it, you are an awkward kid and..."

And there she does on her tangent.

So before I had the girls in my life, I had Kelly. Kelly's been with me since junior year of High School and well I mean you already know my life is kind of depressing. But she was my friend--imaginary-- but my friend nonetheless.

"...I know you love your imaginary friend but, they just don't exist." My mom continues. "I mean you're almost eighteen years old. You're about to graduate in a few months. It's high time you understood that."

It's the twenty first century mother. No body uses the phrase high time.

Nobody has an imaginary friend past the age of five either. My subconscious spat out.

"Mia? Are you listening?" My mother interrupted my train of thought.

"Yeah mom." I give her tight smile. "No Kelly. Gotcha."

She nods and smiles at me. She gets off the bed and walks toward the door. "Remember Mia, a mother knows best." And she closes the door behind her.

I breathed in a huge sigh of relief.

"Kelly?!" Laughter echoed from the closet. 

Right, that thing is still here.

"That's... That's...Fucking priceless!"

Of course he'd bask in my humiliation and find hilarity in it.

"Jason!" I growl at him. "It's because of your loud obnoxious mouth she came up here in the first place!" I whisper. "Be quiet!"

"Yeah Mi. Okay." He chuckles. "No need to be dramatic about it."

My left eye begins to twitch uncontrollably. "Dramatic? Did you see what that oaf of a woman did just now? Did you not hear the whole ''mother knows best,' thing she does?" I heave. "Everyone single time!"

Jason looks at me in utter shock for moment. "See?" He questions. "Dramatic."

I narrow my eyes at him. "Get out of my house McCoy."

"Still so cute Mi. One could even call you adorable."  He says coming closer to pinch my cheeks. 

I made a face at him shoving him away. "I can't put my finger on it. But for some reason you sound like a pedophile when you say that." I tell him thoughtfully. "I wonder if that's how your lady friends feel?" I say pondering for a moment. "It's something you should think about."

Jason mouth abruptly drops at my sentence.

I give him an innocent smile. "Just being honest, no need to be dramatic."

I have another motive for Jason to be here despite my distaste for his kind. He's so secretive it's almost annoying. I know that at the end of the day, it's not my place to pry, but Jason is probably one of the only things in my life that I can't seem to figure out. 

"It's been four hours Jason." I say rubbing my temples. "And you still haven't grasped the concept of whispering."

Jason looks at me and sighs slowly. He takes his phone and puts in away from his ear. "It's not so much as not grasping the concept as me not wanting to take the effort to do it." He says smirking at me. "Now I'm on the phone with a very important person so wait your turn Mi." He says returning to his call.

"Jason, I swear to god." I say putting a pillow over my face trying to block the sound of his voice. "You've been on the phone forever! It's already two in the morning! Hang up already!"

"One second babe," He tells the person on the other line. "There's a mosquito in my room that won't stop buzzing."

I narrow my eyes at his insult.

He looks at me and smiles. "You're the mosquito." He mouths at me, while nodding to whatever his flavor of the day is saying.

I roll my eyes in irritation. "I got that!" I angrily whisper. "Hang up, Jason!"

"The buzzing," He continues talking to the girl. "It's getting worse. Hold on, cupcake."

I make a face at his use of the word cupcake. "Pedophile." I mouth to him.

Jason rolls his eyes and puts the phone away from his ear again. "You're interrupting me." He states as if I just killed someone.

I give him a flat look in return. "You're an idiot." I mock his tone. 

"Now, now Mi." He tsks. "Would Kelly appreciate the name calling? I know how much of a friend she's been to you these past years." 

"No." I sigh, my head falling. "No she wouldn't." I say looking down embarrassingly. "Sorr-Wait." I narrow my eyes, catching myself. What am I doing? "S-Shut up!" I stutter embarrassed. "You can't use that against me! It was a very trying period in my life!"

This sends Jason to another laughing trip. "You're entire existence is a trying period." Jason chuckles.

"Not even an insult." I say sending him a million dollar smile. "My parents have taught me that I'm a very awkward child at a young age, so you could say I'm very much secure about that part of me."

"And the other parts?" Jason asks, laughing at my response.

"Trust me. That's a can of worms that you don't want to open right now."

Jason smiles at me. "Something tells me I really, really should open it."

I roll my eyes at that. "You're funeral".

Jason puts his cellphone back to his ear. "Hey baby," He says, trying to be alluring.

I shake my head in disgust resulting in a pillow tossed at my head. "I got to go." He continues. "Mhmm, the mosquito is still here. No, no it's fine. It's growing on me." He laughs into the phone. "I kind of like it's buzzing."  

"Now why would you talk to someone for that long in you have no intention of being with them?" I curiously ask as he ends the call.

Jason looks at me and shrugs. "Sex?" He offers, snuggling into the covers.

"Yeah," I say utterly grossed out. "I got that part but why for so long?"

"To fit the reputation, I guess. It's just something to pass the time."

"Reputation?" I ask. "You can't make an effort to fit the reputation." I scold him. "Because if you did that, the whole thing is a lie."

Jason nods at me. "Exactly."

I shake my head. "I know you're a womanizer." I state. "But if you don't fit the reputation you have right now, who even are you?"

Jason smiles at me. "Who knows?"

"Do your friends even know who the real you is?"

"I would hardly call the people I go to school with my friends."

I furrow my eyebrows at him. "Then why do you talk to them?"

"Entertainment?" He shrugs.

"No, no, no." I tell him. "That's a stupid reason. You should have real friends."

"I do." He says looking at me weirdly.

I stare at him dumbfound. "Which are...?"

"You." He states as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Besides me?"

"So you admit we're friends?"

I roll me eyes. "Well if I had a compete stranger crashing in my room I'd be in trouble."

"I have other friends Mia. But they don't run in your circle."

I furrow my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"They're not-- never mind. It's complicated."

"Complicated?" I repeated.

"Yes." He answers.

"Are you gonna elaborate on that?" I narrow my eyes.

"Nope." He says popping the p.

"Whatever." I say laying back under the covers.

"You're not gonna bombard me with question?"

"Nope." I say mimicking him, popping the p.

"I figured you would."

"I'm not, because you're gonna eventually tell me."

"And why is that?" Jason asked me, with a hint of amusement laced in his voice.

"Because I'm a mosquito that won't stop buzzing." I smile. "So I'm not going anywhere."

Jason doesn't say anything for a moment. "Good." He says fluffing his pillow one last time. "Cause' I happen to like your buzzing."

"Don't mess up my perfect bed."

"Good night Mia."

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

368K 4.3K 12
Ally is a very cool chick. She's smart, down to earth, feisty, funny, and perceptive. She may or may not have a ghost on her side - do you believe? A...
689K 19.6K 35
"I know that I can fuck up your whole life with one look. But I can't stop myself." ✰ ✰ ✰ Mia Rose...
8.4M 228K 61
Warning this book is rough. Not edited. We wanted privacy. We wanted a normal relationship with no high expectations. But that's hard when you have...
4.4K 322 24
This book was originated by @RubixCube89201 The Good Girl's Bad Boys. Disclaimer! The Bad Boy's Sister does contain conversations about child abuse...