Treacherous

Von dropstodream

❝We were born to love, but fated to hate. ❞ The Vigorous Moonlight Pack and the Tumultuous Moon Wolf Pack hav... Mehr

Treacherous
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.

14.

2.1K 116 6
Von dropstodream

unedited

Chapter 14

Dickhead. Untrusting ass. Selfish. Arrogant. Vain.

I wanted to scream. And how dare I not know there was a pack attack going on? It was at that moment I remembered how my dad had banned me from going to any battle since I dropped Logan off. I was in fury—angry at everything—from Atlas to my pack. It was not my fault I didn't know.

Untrusting selfish arrogant ass. Why did my heart beat for an untrusting selfish arrogant ass? Why did I want to spend my time with him?

I wanted to scream. And yell. And throw arrows. And scream again. But I forced myself to calm down. Losing my mind wasn't going to do anything. But I had already lost my mind.

I sneaked back into my pack, trying to be calm. But by the time I arrived, there was barely anyone there. Most of the pack would have gone to battle. The others would be healers or already injured wolves. I was familiar with this silence. Before my first battle that Acacia took me with, this was the silence I was used to. I was left behind, and my job was simple. Going to the infirmary and helping Daisy cure the injured wolves.

So that was where I immediately headed.

The infirmary was also a cabin with just beds and strange smells of magical flowers and human medicine. The second I entered, I catch Daisy helping a girl who laid on the bed.

"Lyra! You're here!" She told me.

"They all went to the Tumultuous Pack home ground and no one told me? Why won't anyone tell me stuff? Is this how little you guys trust me?" I demanded. My voice came out so much harsher and bitter than I meant, but I was furious.

"I'm sorry Lyra. I made a promise to Nathan that I won't tell you. The Alpha was going to be furious." Daisy said, her voice softer than milk chocolate. "We trust you Lyra. I'm sorry."

I managed to calm myself down. I dropped my arrows and bow and helped Lyra with the injured wolves. I worked in silence. I didn't mean to lash out at Daisy. But my veins still felt like they were on fire and anger still followed me. The only thing on my mind was the look of anger and distrust on Atlas' face. He looked.... Disappointed. Fine then. I'm just as disappointed because you didn't trust me. You didn't even try to listen to me. 

"You okay, Lyra? I'm sorry." Daisy repeated.

"I'm fine, Daisy." I snapped. Again, my voice became harsh and rude.

Daisy quickly pulled away. I see her dark eyes turn away. She looks down, and I suddenly feel worse. Daisy didn't deserve my anger. I remember how Daisy's mate was gone at the hands of Atlas. He took the one person that was made for Daisy away from her. And here was. Strong as ever. The guilt followed me at an incredible rate.

Feeling my blood cool down, I turn to Daisy. "I'm sorry. I'm just—"

"It's okay. You're angry at Nathan. Don't worry Lyra." Daisy gave me a small smile and continued to the help the girl who laid on the bed. It was Lisa, I realized. I didn't specifically know Lisa, but I knew she was the best fighter when it came to throwing knives. She laid unconscious on the bed.

"What happened to Lisa?" I asked.

"She got some claws stuck by some Tumultuous wolf on her stomach. She's better than before though. I gave her some pain killers and she fell asleep."

I nodded. Together, Daisy taught me more about curing wounds as we always did. I watch her carefully as she teaches me more about the medicines and strange herbs. But I try to remember everything. I know how useful this information is since Atlas' incident with my father. Knowing him, he would go back there again. Why was I mated to an idiot? An idiot who was also selfish and cynical and ridiculously rude. 

_________________________

When the pack finally came back, I could see the defeat in their eyes.

My heart crushed. They had been planning this for weeks, and I wanted to prove something to Atlas. But right now, my competitive aspect needed to be locked away. I looked at all the people from my pack that came injured.

Most of them were exhausted, collapsing at the second they entered. I instantly ran out with Daisy, helping as many of my wolves as I can. I bought out water, painkillers, bandages, and as many things I could to help them. It was a hassle—running back and forth with Daisy. This was often my job before I went with the battle for the first time with Acacia.

These wolves fight for my father, the Alpha. They risk their life every day. However, I knew they all had personal a reason. The Tumultuous Moon Wolf pack had taken something from each and every one of them. Me? My mother. This war had been going on for so many centuries that the real reason why war started in the first place was forgotten.

Suddenly, it was Nathan who arrived next with a huge claw mark that ran through his chest. Not only that, it seemed one hand of claws were dug straight into his chest. Nathan was sweating. He was in pain, I could see it through his ocean eyes. I see Acacia next to Nathan, holding him up. He would fall if it wasn't for her.

"Nathan!" Suddenly, all the anger I felt faded and all the frustration in my chest was gone. Who had done this to my brother? Imagining the pain he must be going through—He was going to be fine, I told myself.

"What happened?"

"I'm fine, Lyra. It's just a scratch." Nathan gave me a crooked smile.

I looked down at the blood running down his chest. The claw mark reached to the top of his chest to the bottom end. I was going to punch him. I couldn't believe him. "This." I yelled. "—IS NOT A FUCKING SCRATCH!"

The wolves of the pack turned to me. But they knew me well enough that I wasn't going to let this go. Not until Nathan realized his bleeding chest was not the result of a fucking scratch. Did he want me to lose it completely?

"Lyra—I'm fine—" Nathan started.

"You are not fine!" I hissed. "You are not fine!"

"Lyra—" Acacia began holding my arm gently. Her eyes looked at me gently.

"No!" I snapped. "This is why you bring me with you! I could—"

"It was their Alpha, Lyra. You couldn't have—"

"Lyra—you can kill him later. First, let him go with Daisy so she can fix him up." It was Acacia who pushed me aside with her other hand. I glared at both of them. Daisy quickly came and took Nathan by the arm. Acacia followed them. As she walked, I realized the identical claw marks on Acacia's back that were bleeding just as much. She tried to help Nathan. It was obvious. Just at that second, the two looked at each other with the understanding of strong love.

"Acacia—your back—"

"I'm fine, Lyra. Help the others in the meantime." Acacia answered before I could finish. She quickly dismissed me, and suddenly I felt even more angry. 

I would have followed if I wasn't a volcano right. I could have helped him. I could have shot an arrow through the Tumultuous Alpha's eyes for hurting my brother. Why couldn't he have told me? Why didn't he tell me? Knowing Nathan, he would do something completely selfless and reckless throwing away all caution. Who was going to make sure he didn't die?

And Acacia: How could she act so unaffected by the pain inflicting her back? Why didn't they trust I could help them? If they keep coming back injured like this...

"Lyra—you have our Alpha's anger. Calm down, sweetheart. Nathan and Acacia are going to be fine." It was Marilee who was behind me.

I glared at her as well. I wasn't angry; I was furious. But I lumped it down my throat. I can give them the silent treatment later. First, I had to make sure everyone in the camp was well and alive.

The next few hours ended up being a blur. I tried to help heal as many wounds as I could. I was covering wounds in long bandages, while I watched a wolf of my pack wince. So many wolves had broken bones and injuries that resulted in internal bleeding. Daisy and the advanced healers of the pack knew more about curing those certain injurious wounds.

Eventually, my father came in front of the pack. I wasn't sure when he had returned, but it was certain he was disappointed and frustrated with the outcome of today's battle. When I saw him, I realized he was covered in small wounds, but they were already healing with his Alpha powers. It was at moment, he started giving an inspiring speech about the destruction of the Tumultuous Moon wolf pack. Why didn't he realize this was going nowhere?

But I kept my mouth shut and allowed his long speech to pass. Arguing with my father would only result in him angry, and I locked in the Moon Ash Cabin. I spend enough time in that cabin to know I never wanted to go there again.

In the end, my dad decided it was late, and everyone should go rest for all the hard work they did. I tried to find Nathan and Acacia just to see if there wounds were better but they were fast asleep in their infirmary beds. Daisy had taken care of them well.

Finally, realizing the pack was completely exhausted, I headed back to my little cabin. There was a choice we all had when we sixteen—either to live in a side cabin in the land or in the large houses in the center. I preferred a cabin, mostly because I had the whole room to myself. Most chose the houses because they felt safer.

I quickly headed back to the cabin. However, the very second I entered, I collapsed onto the bed. I didn't bother brushing my teeth or changing into my nightwear. All I knew was that I was exhausted.

I thought about today. The only feeling I was feeling was anger. Infuriation. Frustration. Atlas thinks I'm a lying manipulative bitch, because my pack decided to attack and I didn't know about it but he doesn't believe I didn't know about it—and then he thinks I was his distraction because his pack needs him during battles. 

I also realized this mating thing is never going to work. We won't happen. I can't allude myself thinking I can meet him while our packs want to kill each other. I can't be with him when I know our loyalties are stronger to our packs than to each other.

Wonderful. Well you know what Atlas? You can go fuck yourself. I screamed very loudly into my pillow.

Then I yelled at Daisy for no reason. Nathan and Acacia are injured. My brother and my best friend was hurt and probably in a lot of pain right now. I couldn't do anything to help them. Not to mention, most of the wolves in my pack got hurt. They were family.

Ignoring everything and all the things that went horrible today, I focused on falling asleep. I take time until sleep finally found me.

_________________

Chocolate. Melted chocolate. The way the leaves in New York State look during autumn time. Atlas' eyes. His face. I suddenly felt him in front of me. His face centimeters from my face. I wanted to kiss him. I wanted to touch him. But then I remembered this was probably all a dream. He was whispering my name in front of me. I looked into beautiful eyes and laughed.

"You're gonna be gone when I wake up." I told the dream Atlas. Suddenly, my hand touched the tip of his nose. I felt lighting sparks even though I only touched his nose. Even in dreams I feel sparks. I'm losing it. "I don't want you to be gone."

"C'mon. You'll probably hate me but wake up little wolf." Atlas told me instead, but I caught a small smile on his beautiful face.

"But you're going to be gone if I wake up." I repeated, staring at him confused.

"No. I'll still be here. I promise." Suddenly, he's holding my hand. I feel his touch. I feel fire and sparks and everything I felt when Atlas really was me. The wolf inside me screamed in joy. Something told me this was real.

I blinked a couple of times and realized it was the real Atlas in front of me. He was real. He was in front of me. He was real. And he was in my room, on the side of my bed. Suddenly, I plunged straight up from my bed and looked straight into those chocolate colored eyes.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I hissed.

....

so a bit of a cliffhanger. please tell me what you think!

VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE. 

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

317K 8.1K 33
I was looking at world through eyes so innocent they made me disgustingly blind, but thanks to you darling , i'm finally released from my innocent bi...
6.7M 155K 80
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Meet Layla Anderson runt of the pack. In most packs runts are taken care of, protected. Although in Layla's case this wasn't it. Ever...
54.4K 1.9K 42
"Fight me Alpha!" I had said angrily specifically calling him Alpha. "I will not fight a fragile thing such as yourself" The training ground fell sil...
483K 14.9K 24
Mia Ross has been running since she was 13. Now 17, with her 19 year old brother, she is still running. From whoever killed her parents along with he...