Reckless || Harry Styles AU

By narryhugme

"How do you think your parents would react to your success if they were still here today?" ... Jessica Steele... More

first part of revised edition of "Reckless" now up!
before you read (:
1: walk straight and don't trip
2: thank you
3: go
4: jessy
5: happy days
6: fun times
7: hurricane harry
8: elephant in the room
9: jess goes quiet
10: spilt beans
11: fine dining
12: muse
13: firecrackers
14: change of heart
15: control
16: a little party never killed nobody
17: decisions
18: pick up lines and ice cream
19: closer
20: heart out
21: it's not over yet
22: hellos and goodbyes
23: rehashing
24: a needed visit
25: needed
26: trouble
27: stories of their lives
28: faith
29: reality isn't real
30: change
31: breathe
32: home is just home
33: boys will be boys
34: feelings
35: what's right and what's wrong
36: have fun
37: hold my heart
38: turning tables
39: anatomies
40: the calm
41: before the storm
42: happy birthday jess
43: falling into place
44: happy birthday harry
45: TOKYO, JAPAN
46: restless
47: wake up call
48: all okay
49: privacy
50: perspective
51: support and criticism
52: what we thought
a/n: please read ! (:
54: wildfire
55: inevitable
56: hold back
57: soon
58: attempt
59: reliance
60: another one
61: responses
62: talk about it (part 1)
63: talk about it (part 2)
a/n: sequel info
Q&A
64: real
65: public rendezvous
66: GOOD FOR YOU.
67: STEELE.
68: FAMILY.
THE SEQUEL IS UP
hiiii...3 years later

53: recollect

35.6K 1.1K 560
By narryhugme

You're welcome 4 the end of this 😏 & I BADLANDS DOOOEEEE 💦😍

"Do you feel like a young god? You know the two of us are just young gods and we'll be flying through the streets with the people underneath." - Halsey

Jess

Sweden. Was. Insane. The crowd was so loud and during the first song of my encore, they raised little pieces of paper that said, "We Love You, Jess".

The next two concerts were in Glasgow, Scotland and Amsterdam, Netherlands. They were just as energetic as Sweden. Getting back into the roll of things definitely put me into a better mood.

I'd wake up excited to start the day and get to the show after getting only three hours of sleep. These past few days, I've only done studio work for a total of four hours, which was not as much as I would've liked to get done.

After the show in Amsterdam, the crew and I jumped onto a jet and flew over to New York City. I had a four day break before we started our UK and Ireland leg of the tour.

In NYC, I'll be spending the majority of my time at meetings, writing the remaining songs for the album, recording, photoshoots, and a couple of radio interviews.

The meeting I had gone to a couple of days ago, we discussed when the music video for Style would be released. Since I'd finished filming for it already, the first teaser was set to be released tomorrow.

So, currently, I am running on 12 hours of sleep over the past three days and doing a photoshoot for the single cover of Style.

"Okay, now less like you're five years old and surrounded by rainbow cotton candy," Harry tells me, pressing his camera to his face.

I gape at him. "The hell does that mean?"

He pulls the camera back and smiles.

"What I mean is, you're grinning ear to ear. And as much as I love your smile and think it's absolutely beautiful, Konrad wants serious shots."

The corners of my mouth perk up at the compliment, but I quickly wipe it from my face.

"Fine, fine. I'm good."

I pose for a couple more shots - without smiling, and within twenty minutes, it was a wrap. As soon as I changed out of my outfit and into something a lot warmer, I went over to the food table and grabbed a couple cookies.

I checked my phone and saw a text from the group chat with Taylor and Gigi. The text was from Taylor.

Taylor: Still meeting at Starbucks @ 2??

»Yes! Just wrapped a shoot, so I'll b there in like 30 minutes

Gigi: heading there nowww

I walked back into the dressing area and grabbed my mini backpack/purse from a chair. I walked around the small studio, trying to find Jane to let her know that I was leaving and taking Robbie with me. I finally spotted her talking with Konrad.

"Hey, Jane, I'm going to head off. Robbie is coming with me," I tell her.

"You're meeting up..."

"Taylor and Gigi."

"Yes, right. Okay, I'll see you later at the radio station then?"

I nod.

Harry and I locked eyes across the room. He cocked his head to the side, motioning for me to go over to him. I said goodbye to Jane before walking over to him.

As soon as I reached him, his hands cradled my face and his lips touched mine in a gentle kiss that lasted only a few seconds. I smiled up at him when we pulled away.

"Leaving so soon?" He questions.

"I'm meeting up with Taylor and Gigi. Hadid," I reply.

He nods his head in understanding. "Ah...and someone is coming with you?"

"Robbie is. You don't have to worry about me being trampled," I laugh.

It was a high possibility of us being mobbed, though, because of Taylor and Gigi being with me. They'd attract a lot of attention with the cameras. So trampling was, in fact, possible. I wasn't going to tell Harry that, though.

"Okay, I'll see you later then?" He asked.

"Yup." I lean in and kiss his cheek before walking away and finding Robbie. The both of us leave the building and the harsh, winter air hits me hard. I pull my coat tighter around my body.

We both get into my rental Range Rover and Robbie gives me the directions off of Google Maps to the Starbucks that Taylor, Gigi, and I were to meet at.

Twenty minutes later, we park in the parking garage and start our walk to the coffee shop. I call Gigi because I'm sure she's the first of us three to get there.

"Miss Hadid speaking," she says in a monotone voice.

I stop my teeth chattering to laugh. "Hey, Gi. Are you inside Starbucks?"

"Yeah, it's not that packed inside, but there's a lot of paps outside."

"Okay, is Taylor there?"

"Nope. I'm in line. Do you want me to order something for you? I'm sure you're freezing. The garage is so far away."

God bless this girl's soul.

"Yes, please! A grande flat white." I turn to Robbie. "Wait, Rob, do you want one?"

"If she doesn't mind, yeah," he says.

"Make that two grande flat whites. Thank you!"

She laughs. "No problem. I got you. See you soon, Jess."

"'Kay. Bye."

I hang up and hold onto Rob's arm as we keep walking.

"Why is it so bloody cold?" I hiss.

Rob chuckles. "You've been spending too much time with Harry. You're starting to sound like him."

I roll my eyes. "Just because I use British slang, does not mean I got it from Harry."

"Being that he's the only British one in our crew, yes, it does mean you got it from him," he retorts.

Suddenly paparazzi come running down the sidewalk towards us, armed with cameras. There were only two, but I'm guessing that once we round the corner, there will be a lot more.

I was correct.

They were swamped in front of the Starbucks and NYPD officers were trying to hold them back.

Robbie stayed in front of me as we moved through the crowd. I smiled for as many fan pictures as I could while being pulled through. The fans were incredibly nice to me, despite me not being able to get selfies with some.

I waved goodbye before going inside. I spotted Gigi sitting at one of the couches with a man behind her who I was assuming was her bodyguard.

"Hey, Gi, how are you?" I ask and she stands up to give me a hug.

"Tired, you?"

"Same," I huff. She turns and picks up the two grande cups and hands them to me.

I hand one of them to Robbie and he thanks Gigi before sitting at one of the side tables with her bodyguard.

She and I talk for a little bit until we heard a lot of shouting outside, signaling Taylor's arrival.

She walks in, clearly shivering and walks over to us. Apparently, Gigi had gotten her a coffee as well. All three of us sit down, completely ignoring the chaos storming outside. We got a lot of side glances inside from people wondering who the hell we were, or probably if they had a chance of getting a picture with any of us.

Taylor turns to us with a light smile. "So, guys, how's life?"

•••

"So, you have some news for everyone? All of your fans?" Ryan Seacrest asks.

"Yup... The first single off of 11:59 is Style and the music video is set to be released a week from today. The first teaser will be out tomorrow at 10 o'clock eastern time."

People in the studio cheered and clapped.

"What's it going to be about? How would you describe the video? Give us something."

I rest my elbows on the table, careful not to hit the mic in front of me.

"Um, it definitely tells a story within the video and it gives off a calm vibe, I'd think."

Ryan nods his head. "Well, you've certainly had an anything but calm couple of weeks, huh?"

I laugh softly. "Oh, yeah. It's been a little bizarre. I'm not used to like...being followed, I guess you'd say. I'm still getting used to the fact that there are fan accounts for me, so yes, these past weeks have been different."

"Any love interests that have helped you through it all?" The look on Ryan's face just says "smooth transition".

I chuckle. "Nice one, Ryan."

He laughs harder. "But really...are there any guys who're treating you well?"

"There isn't anyone really now. I'm just focusing on my career and doing what I can for my fans. I'm actually working on some really exciting stuff that they'll love."

That "exciting stuff" is tied to the new album/tour. And it was pretty sick.

"Speaking of exciting stuff, did you celebrate at all after the Grammy's? Two of four awards is phenomenal."

I grinned. "Thank you. I celebrated at my show in Sweden! The fans there are amazing and it was a nice welcome home party. I've just been flying around from country to country and while it's really fun and gives me this weird adrenaline rush, I wish that I could spend more time in one place."

"And how are you feeling also after that accident in Japan? That one video of you is still going around, and if I'm honest, it didn't look too good."

I still haven't even seen that video.

"I'm doing okay. I ended up having a dislocated shoulder, a concussion, and a gash right here," I point to the healing scar on my right temple. "But all is well. I've been taking somewhat good care of myself. I don't want to take off anymore time from tour."

"Well, we are all so glad that you're okay and recovering. Right now," he turns back on his radio host voice, "here is Jessica's single, Style, which is currently number four on the charts! Watch for that music video coming soon!"

The song begins playing and I get up to give Ryan and a few other people in the room a hug. I was off to meet a couple of fans who'd won a meet and greet for the radio station.

I walk into another room, being led by Jane, and saw three girls huddled together, armed with phones. I was so excited.

"Hi! How are you guys?" I ask.

I hug each of them briefly. One girl was crying.

"You alright?" I rub her back, trying to calm her down. She wiped her tears and nodded her head, taking in even breaths.

"You sure? What's wrong?"

She shakes her head. "I'm-I'm good. I love you."

I grin and give her another hug. "Aw, I love you, too, babe."

I pull back and look at all of them. "What are your names? I'm Jess, by the way. Or J, or J-Dog, whatever works for you," I laugh and they join along.

"I'm Amber," the shorter girl with a pixie cut and black hair said. She had a Dreams Tour sweatshirt on.

"I'm Nicolette," the girl with magenta colored hair said. The color was so eye popping and I was really really liking it.

"I'm Delaney," the girl who had been crying spoke confidently.

"I really like your hair," I tell Nicolette. "Did you dye it yourself?"

"Thank you! And, no, my aunt did it," she responds.

"Gotcha. So, shall we take some pictures and post em on Twitter and Instagram?" I suggest.

We gather together and I give my phone to Jane, who had to deal with our several poses. We did one normal one, three where I carried each girl on my back, and then a funny one. I also took selfies with each girl. In the end, I gave Jane my phone and had her take a picture of us for me to post.

Before leaving, Nicolette, Delaney, Amber, and I get together and watch as each of us posts pictures on Instagram. I made sure to tag the girls in mine and follow them on Twitter and Instagram.

"Tomorrow you have to attend that fashion show," Jane reminded me in the car when we were heading back to the hotel.

"I know. I'll be up by ten, I swear."

"I'll let Harry know, too, so he can wake you up. That way you can't blame your tardiness on your alarm clock that just so happened to not go off."

I snorted a laugh.

•••

Harry has been knocking on my door for five minutes now.

I was way too tired to get out from under the covers and answer the door. I know he has a key, he just wants to annoy me. I've even texted him and told him to come in, but he just keeps on knocking.

Maybe I'll put in some earphones, ignore him, and go to sleep.

But, of course, the part of me that loves Harry, knows that he is outside and wants him to come in.

"Just open the door!" I groan for the fifth time.

Finally, I hear the key card and the door opens with a smirking Harry appearing. He wore plaid pajama pants and a Green Bay Packers cotton tee shirt

I frown at him and he gives me a dimpled smile, his eyes crinkling at the corners.

"What's up, Buttercup?" His voice is full of amusement. He gets on his hands and knees at the end of the bed and crawls up next to me, laying on top of the covers.

"You were knocking for like an hour," I tell him, not letting his cuteness get to me.

"Oh, was I?"

"Yeah, it was annoying."

I sit up so that my back was against the headboard. Harry looked up at me as he was laying down. One arm rested behind his head.

"M'sorry," he mumbles, a faint smile cursing his pink lips. Why'd he have to look like a freaking male model?

Something overcame me and I took my legs out from under the bedsheets and turned over so that I was straddling Harry's waist. I dipped my head down to place a kiss against his cheek. His hands rested high on my thighs.

"Well, this is a new position," he drawls.

I roll my eyes and readjust my legs, but stopped when Harry took in a sharp breath.

"Okay, Jessy, please do not move while you're sitting on me like that," he mumbles. "Especially if we're not planning to watch Netflix and chill."

I raise an eyebrow at him. "Are you implying sex?"

"Well, I wasn't going to flat out say -"

I interrupted him by going down and placing my lips on his. I have no clue what I was planning on doing, but I wanted to kiss him. I wanted him.

His lips moved against mine and his hands came to grip behind my thighs. One of my hands balanced me while the other was tangled in his hair. All I could focus on was the feeling of his lips against mine.

He deepened the kiss and grabbed onto my waist, gently moving us so that he was the one on top. Once my back hit the bed, his lips broke from mine and travelled down my jaw, towards my neck.

His hands travelled up my shirt and his lips continued to go lower and lower, past my collarbones and to my chest. I felt him stop, so I opened my eyes to see him staring at me. His eyes had grown darker, more intense, and I'm sure mine probably had the same look in them.

I noticed his hands were on the end of my shirt, and it looked like he was asking permission to take it off. I nodded and he smirked, slowly gliding it up, his fingers trailing across my stomach. He lifted it over my head and tossed it to the side. His lips attached with mine again and my hands rested behind his neck.

"You're. So. Beautiful," he kisses me after every word.

"I'm not going to be the only one shirtless here," I complain.

He gives a quiet laugh and takes off his shirt with one swift motion. I take in the tattoos of the swallows and the leaves and the butterfly on his chest. I've never fully realized how breathtaking they were until now. And it wasn't just because we'd been making out for a while. They were really beautiful.

I pushed him off of me so that it was me straddling him again. We both started laughing because of how often we were switching positions. We started kissing again and I felt him hardening beneath me.

For a split second, I asked myself if I wanted to do this. If it was even going to come down to Harry and I sleeping together. He knows I've never done it and I know that he wants me to feel comfortable.

"J-Jessy," Harry gasps out and I pull away so that he could speak, but he held my face lower to his.

"Hm?"

"Are we gonna do this? Do you want to? I won't do anything if you're not ready."

I brought my lower lip between my teeth, thinking for a couple of moments.

"I want to," I tell him.

"Are you sure? Completely positive? We don't have to go any further..."

"Do you not want to Netflix and chill?" I mock him and swoop down to kiss him again.

He laughs and then smiles against my lips and I pull away, kissing his neck before getting off and standing beside the bed. He watches incredulously as I shimmied off my leggings, leaving me in just my underwear.

Currently, a self esteem war is raging in my head, but the way Harry looked at me in that moment made everything clear away. He just smiled at me and shook his head slowly, like he was in disbelief. He was just so hot and wonderful and I couldn't believe that he loved me.

I crawled over him again but he rolled me onto my back and began kissing down my neck, my chest, and down my stomach. When he tugged off his pants, my heart started racing a bit faster. I wasn't scared. I was nervous. Of course, my mind was racing, and thinking "holy shit, what if I do something wrong".

He went back up to kiss my neck softly before speaking.

"Are you completely sure, Jessy?"

"I'm not going to change my mind, Harry," I tell him, smiling.

He looked down at me and his eyes wandered my face. "I really really really love you, Jessy."

The grin on my face deepened. "I really really love you, Harry."

He placed his lips onto my neck, holding them there for a couple of seconds before moving them down like he had before, but this time once they reached the bottom of my stomach, his fingers slid under the fabric of my underwear and he slowly started to drag them down. [ a/n: lol dmd ]

It was instinct to lock my legs together as soon as he took them off. When I did, Harry looked up at me again. "It's okay, Jessy," he said just above a whisper.

Fuck. Just be positive and free, Jessica, damn.

He gently unlocked my legs and his face went down to kiss the inside of my thigh, making me intake a sharp breath. I saw him smirk before coming up and kissing my lips hard.

"Tell me if it hurts bad, okay? Or if you want me to stop. Tell me and I'll stop," he assures me. His face was so serious and I nodded my head.

My heart is beating so fast. If he could hear it, I wouldn't be surprised.

I watched as he kicked off his underwear and holy frick.

He grabbed his wallet from his pants and took out a co ndom. I wasn't thinking clearly enough to process that he just had co ndoms lying around, but I guess it's better to be safe than to be having a baby 9 months later.

He hovered over me again and placed his lips against mine in a long, soft kiss. I felt him slowly entering me while his lips were still attached to mine. When he got deeper, I clenched my lips harder against Harry's to keep from wincing or pulling away because of the pain.

He pulled out and pulled his lips from mine. His eyes scanned my face. "Are you okay?"

I bit my lip and nodded, not trusting my voice just yet.

When he thru sted in slowly again, I didn't feel the pain as bad and a euphoric feeling replaced it instead. Mine and Harry's incoherent mumbles of each other's names and our breathing fills the air.

After some amount of time had passed, his thr usts became more sloppy and both of us reached our high.

"Fuck, Jess," he groans.

"Harry," I sigh.

He kisses my lips softly and passionately before rolling onto his back. We stay there for a few moments, both breathing hard and for some reason I had the urge to giggle just because of how cloud 9 I felt.

Harry rolled onto his side after slipping his pants back on.

"You're honestly the best thing to ever happen to me, Jessy," he whispers.

A smile forms on my face and a short giggle escapes me. "I love you, Harry."

He holds out an arm and I slide towards him. I rest my head and hand on his bare chest, drowsiness overtaking me quickly.

"Everything's going to be okay," I hear him murmur before I slip under.
__________________

Lol. You're welcome. By the way, I'm so freaking sorry if the ended sucked because I'm sure as hell not good at writing smut so I didn't even include that much of it, but I thought it was kinda cute so yeah. I'll probably edit it later on down the road (:

I hope you liked this chapter!! Next chapter will be up in about 5 days and it'll include some media drama bc why not. Also a couple four cool guys will guest star.

WE HAVENT GOTTEN RECKLESS HIGHER THAN 7 YET, BUT UR ALL AMAZING & I LOVE YOU SO JUST KEEP DOING U.

& if ya'll would do me a huge favor and follow my Halsey account on Twitter, that'd be superb 🙋🏼😉 (@/WWBADLANDS)
WATCH FOR THE NEW FIC TOO 👀

Twitter: @wtvrharold
Instagram: @harry.reckless
xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 3.8K 34
Highest Rankings: #1 in Kiwi #3 in Harry Styles #5 in Harry Styles Fanfic #15 in Harry Styles Fanfiction Katie's a loner in a big city. They only thi...
1M 54.5K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
466K 7.7K 82
No matter the circumstance, Harry and Hailey always seem to find a way back into one other's lives. "It'll always be you."
183K 3.8K 25
"I can feel you take control of who I am and all I've ever known." A story in which a healing young woman falls in love with the man who shines as br...