Virus 3 - The Final Chapter

By AveryBethWilson

You're favourite character's offspring are about to fight in the biggest challenge of their life. After Luis... More

22nd July, 2042
23rd July 2042
24th July 2042
24th July 2042
25th July 2042
27th July 2042
28th July 2042
28th July 2042
29th July 2042
30th July 2042
30th July 2042
31st July 2042
31st July 2042
1st August 2042
2nd August 2042
2nd August 2042
4th August 2042
9th August 2042
10th August 2042
16th August 2042
16th August 2042
17th August 2042
18th August 2042
18th August 2042
18th August 2042
19th August 2042
20th August 2042
THE WORST THING THAT COULD POSSIBLY HAPPEN HAPPENED TO ME I WANT TO DIE
20th August 2042
24th August 2042
27th August 2042
27th August 2042
3rd September 2042
10th September 2042
10th September 2042
10th September 2042
10th September 2049
10th October 2042
12th October 2049
12th October 2049
13th October 2049
13th October 2049
14th October 2049
15th October 2049
15th October 2049
16th October 2049
17th October 2049
17th October 2049 - FINAL CHAPTER
Epilogue
From the Author
NEW BOOK ALERT
It's Coming.
Virus - Redemption OUT NOW!

3rd August 2042

1K 84 7
By AveryBethWilson

I took a deep breath as I saw Harper's feet begin to descend the ladder from the bed in the roof. I looked over at an asleep Vixen and Will. This is going to be bad. She jumped off the bottom step, turning to face everyone. She smiled at Dylan, looking at me, her eyes wandering to Vixen behind me. Her smile faded, and she looked back at me.

"What the -" she began to yell, but I jumped up, covering her mouth. I quickly opened the door, pushing her out. "What the -" but I slammed the door behind me, blocking out her swear.

"Harper shut up!" I yelled.

"That's – That's Vixen!" she pointed at the RV.

"Yes I know -"

"Are you crazy?" she yelled. I pinched the bridge of my nose, closing my eyes. How on earth am I going to convince her to let Vixen stay? I know how stupid it is to let her but – she has a kid. And my dad has no one on his side of the family left. I think it would be really emotional if he found out Aunt Espen had a kid and he got to meet her, let alone her kid as well. I know what she's done, and if I had a kid, I think I'd do it as well.

"Just let me explain."

"Go ahead." She scoffed. "Explain why we should have that lunatic in our RV?"

"She has a kid." I sighed. "Will, he's 6 years old and we killed his father." I added. She crossed her arms, pressing her lips together. I'm not going to tell her we're related. "We owe her a few nights stay while she gets her life together."

"But she's from that group -"

"We killed everyone in that group. No one else is left for her to turn to." I interrupted. "We've made surviving so much harder for her Harper."

"Don't you remember what they did to us? You were there. They tortured us Luis and you expect me to live with one now? You expect me to feel safe around her?" she asked.

"I don't expect you to accept any of this." I shook my head. "But you need to."

"I don't think I can." She shrugged. "Those few nights I spent in there were the worst times of my life. I-I have never experienced fear like I did in that house and now I have to endure it every day?"

"I'm sorry Harper but – she's staying." I said.

"What?" she scoffed. "Now that we aren't together you don't care for me at all?"

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Well if this was yesterday morning and I said no you would've kicked her out quick smart."

"Harper I care for you greatly." I said. "If I had my way I would never have broken up with you, but I did. And even if I didn't, I would still have let her stay because it's the human thing to do."

"Human?" she scoffed. "You lost your title of being human when you strangled Wren to death." She said, raising one eyebrow. My mouth fell open slightly, and I closed it quickly. I swallowed hard, crossing my arms. The Harper I know wouldn't have said that – well I think she wouldn't. I clenched my fists, taking a deep breath.

"She stays." I growled turning and walking back to the car.

"You can't just walk away from an argument!" she yelled after me. I pressed my lips together turning back around and stomping towards her.

"I am up to here with you!" I yelled holding my hand above my head. "Harper you aren't like this! You care about others! Stop being this insensitive, stuck up bitch for one second of the day please. We don't kick a woman out when she has a kid. I know you think I'm a shitty person but right now I'm thinking the exact same of you. Sit down, shut up and let me run this group because I don't see anyone else around here trying to save lives."

"You can't talk to me like that." She shook her head.

"I can talk to you however the fuck I want." I said. "You can stay out here until your head is out of your ass."

"Fine!" she shouted.

"Fine!" I yelled, turning and walking to the RV. I opened the door, getting in and slamming it behind me.

+++

"She's been out there for 5 hours now." Noah sighed sitting down.

"Can I take some food out for her?" Margo asked me.

"No." I shook my head. "She can starve for all I care."

"You don't mean that." Amelia rolled her eyes.

"If this is that big of a hassle; Will and I can just leave." Vixen said.

"No." I said. "Vixen there will always be a place here for you."

"Why?" Amelia raised her eyebrows. "No offence Vixen but I'm having a hard time you being here knowing what you did to my brother and my friend."

"Amelia is your sister?" Vixen asked me.

"I had another one also but we recently lost her." I said.

"Why does that matter?" Amelia asked.

"Well, Vixen is kind of – um – the child of Aunt Espen." I didn't want to tell them, but I could tell Vixen would get outvoted.

"Didn't she die?" Amelia scoffed.

"Well yes; but she had me first." Vixen said quietly.

"So you're our cousin?" Amelia asked.

"Yes." Vixen nodded. "Blood related."

"Seriously?" Margo said. "Whoa."

"I can't leave her on the street because she has a kid; but also because she's the last relative on my dad's side and I think he would like to meet her." I said. "I know shit went down in that house but she did it to protect her son. That's all."

"But -"

"Just give her some time to prove herself." I interrupted Dylan. "Right Vixen?"

"Right." She nodded. "I'm sorry for what I did, but it kept me and my son alive, so I regret nothing."

"And that's okay." I nodded. Everyone kind of looked at their laps, not knowing what to say. A small clicking sound made me look up to see Harper walking in the door. "Look who's decided to accept Vixen." I smiled.

"No, I haven't." Harper scowled. "I've just come in to ask to talk to you outside Luis."

"Whatever you have to say, you say it here." I crossed my arms.

"Fine." She pressed her lips together. "I'm not staying here while she's here."

"What are you trying to say?" I asked.

"I'm saying," she took a deep breath. "You either make her leave, or I leave."

"You can't do that!" Dylan yelled.

"Yes I can." She nodded. "The choice is Luis's only, no one else can tell him what to do."

"But -"

"Are you serious?" I interrupted Dylan again.

"I'm sorry to do this to you." she looked over at Vixen. "But I can't be under the same roof as that scum."

"Hey!" Vixen yelled standing.

"I'm not tied up anymore bitch!" Harper lunged at her, but I grabbed her around the waist. I turned, pushing her into Dylan's arms.

"I'm not deciding anything tonight!" I yelled. Harper scowled at me. "Margo take your sister onto the roof."

"Is that safe?" Margo asked, standing.

"Safer than letting her stay in the RV." I scoffed. "You two can sleep there."

"What if we roll off?" Harper asked.

"Then you'll die." I sighed. "Get out."

"Fine." She rolled her eyes, walking out with Margo following close behind her.

"You can't -"

"Shut up Dylan." I yelled, making him fall silent.

+++

I sat in the front seat of the RV on watch duty. I couldn't believe she was trying to make me choose. If only she knew that hard this was. I get that I don't know Vixen like I know Harper, but all I can think is how disappointed my father will be if he learns that I let someone from his side of the family go. But then I think of Harper leaving and my heart literally breaks. I couldn't think of waking up and not seeing her, even though the way we've been treating each other lately. She's still mine, even if we're not 'together'. You don't need to be dating a girl to protect her. Even if you break up with someone you should still want only good things for them.

I look out the front window to see something move in front of the RV. I stand, pressing my face to the front windshield. It's not a Lurker, it's a human. I grabbed my gun, walking for the door, opening it and stepping onto the bitumen. I could see from the golden hair in the moonlight it was Harper. She had her back to me, walking away with a duffle bag on her shoulder. She was leaving.

"Hey!" I yelled, making her turn around. She rolled her eyes, crossing her arms.

"What?" she sighed.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Oh come on." She scoffed. "You're going to pick her and I know it."

"What makes you so sure?" I raised my eyebrows.

"She's your cousin." She said. "The walls of the RV aren't that thin."

"I should've told you." I shrugged.

"No." she shook her head. "If you told me earlier I would've been doing the exact thing I'm doing right now; running away."

"Well don't go then."

"I have to go." She stomped her foot. I pressed my lips together, studying her face. Her brow was creased and the corners of her mouth were turned down. She was serious. She wanted to go.

"Why don't you give it a few days?" I suggested. She shook her head, tightening her jacket around her torso.

"I can't stay there with her." she mumbled. "Just let me leave in the night; I don't have the energy to say goodbyes, and it'll be easier on you with Dylan and Sam."

"I can deal with them."

"But -"

"Come on Harper, you seriously can't think leaving during the night and we won't mind?" I interrupted.

"It's not like I'm going to live off the land." She shrugged. "I'm just going back to Chicago."

"Alone." I said. "You're going back alone. No one can survive alone."

"I can." She nodded. "I know you hate me right now, and the last thing you want is for me to get my way, but please, just let me leave."

"Hate you?" I scoffed. "Harper, I'm in love with you." I added. She frowned, pursing her lips. "That's the reason. That's why I can't let you leave. It's not because I'm scared of your brothers or because we would be down one more person it's because I'm in love with you, and all your baggage." I walked over to her, unfolding her arms and grabbing both her hands. "I can't let you leave because I know if you do my heart will literally break. I don't want to know what life is like waking up and not seeing your face, and I know if you go there is a big chance I will have to learn."

"Luis -"

"I know you love me too." I interrupted, squeezing her palms. "You – you wouldn't leave if you love me. I know we've both done things to each other these past days but you still love me, you have to." I said, and she bit her lip. "You'll stay if you love me." I added, and she looked up at me.

"Then I'll have to go." She smiled sadly, slipping her hands from my grasp. My mouth fell open slightly as I nodded slowly, stepping away from her. She didn't love me anymore.

"Then I'll let you go." I gulped. She took a deep breath, turning and beginning to walk away from me. I didn't stop her. I wanted to. I wanted to yell out to her and beg her to stay; but I knew she wouldn't listen. I want to call out for someone to stop her, but I know she'd never trust me again.

I guess my parents are right when they say if you love something, set it free.

{]<

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.3K 4.1K 41
It took barely over a month for the epidemic to spread across the globe. Contrary to belief, the world didn't end with a bang and neither did it go q...
4.9K 209 22
I kept tumbling deeper and deeper into the darkness of insanity. I couldn't give her up not when I had her in my dreams, not when another lifetime me...
7.2K 1.1K 112
The zombie apocalypse has arrived, the virus has been dubbed as AM13, and the human race is struggling to survive. Here are some short stories to acc...
73.1K 5.5K 43
*If you have not read no. 1, this will still be readable, you don't have to, but character backgrounds will be more understood. 1st novel's name is V...