Supernatural Boarding School...

By Mokita

Story = completed ✅ The life of a teenager is never easy. Especially when you are the only existing female va... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Short Stories
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Be prepared...
Chapter 93
PUBLISHED

Chapter 16

56.6K 1.1K 162
By Mokita

Note: this story has been published through Self Publishing. Keep in mind that the Wattpad version is only the first draft! For the polished version without the many mistakes, buy a copy!

Where can you order a copy, you ask? Please use Create Space, because they give me more royalties!

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it!

========

On Sunday morning, I put on a nice yellow Hello Kitty skirt and a green tank top. I’d slept in, so it was twelve o’clock before Simon and I went down for breakfast. I was in a good mood, happy to forget about all my problems and issues for a moment. My homework was done and Eve had told me the sun was coming out. Simon seemed to be planning on going out today, and I hadn’t seen the sun in such a long time that I actually liked the idea of going out there. Though I had no idea if I could handle direct sunlight.

‘Looks like Sunday’s no longer a comfy kind of day,’ Simon mused, gesturing to Eros’ gang, who were all wearing expensive looking dresses and high heels, or tuxedo jackets with polished shoes.

‘Maybe they decided if I didn’t stick to it, they would seem less rebellious if they kept up the charade.’ I shrugged.

Eros caught my eye from across the cafeteria, his mouth twitching into a mocking smile. I turned my head away from him, not acknowledging his presence. Simon steered me the other way and handed me a plate.

‘He’ll come and talk to you eventually,’ he warned me, ‘you can’t avoid him forever.’

‘We’ll see about that,’ I murmured. I’d told Simon about walking in on Eros sucking some girl’s blood. He’d been just as disgusted as I’d been. Which had worried me a bit, since at the end of the day, I was a vampire too; a potential vampire at least. What would happen to our friendship if the bloodlust set in for me?

‘I can’t believe one girl can change the weekend’s dressing code…’ I heard someone murmur.

‘Yeah, well, I am sticking to it,’ her friend replied.

Simon and I made our way through the whispering and gossiping students, sitting down at our usual table.

‘Hey guys.’ Eve dropped down next to me, smiling happily. ‘It’s a really nice day outside.’

‘Hey Eve,’ I greeted her, taking a bite of my carrot, ‘where’s Drew?’

‘Outside with his friends,’ she replied. ‘I’m gonna join him soon, just wanted to see what the excitement was all about.’

‘Excitement?’ I looked around me, not noticing anything out of the ordinary. Sure, people were staring at me and Simon and I could hear whispered gossip all around me. But that was nothing new. I noticed Eros kept shooting glances my way.

‘Ah, so you haven’t passed the administration yet,’ Eve laughed. ‘There’s a bunch of leaflets announcing a dance next month.’

‘Oh, God,’ Simon moaned. ‘Well, I am staying in that night, that’s for sure.’

I glanced at Simon in confusion. ‘What’s so bad about a dance?’

‘It’s more like a popularity contest,’ he explained, ‘Eric and his crew will dress up ostentatiously, making the rest look like hobos. As if that isn’t bad enough, no one will talk about anything but getting a date during the weeks before the dance… Last time there was a dance, at least no one talked to me, so I didn’t have to suffer that much. But now you’re here, people actually take the time to talk to me. Well, to call me names more like. I kind of miss my ignored state.’

‘So you’re saying you want me to stop hanging out with you?’ I asked, irritated at how his hood was up again and his glow had turned from purple to dark grey.

‘No, of course not.’

‘Well, then stop whining.’ I threw my arms around him and hugged him for a moment. ‘We’ll stay in and watch High School Musical. You really need to see those movies – they are hideous.’

‘It’s a date,’ he grinned. The purple was back again.

‘You’re not coming?’ Eve asked, disappointed. ‘You could have come with me and my friends. Angie and Georgia would just love to get the chance to give you a make-over.’

‘I don’t think so,’ I said, laughing.

‘Eric is staring at you, by the way,’ Eve whispered, glancing his way. ‘What’s going on with the two of you?’

‘Nothing,’ I denied coolly, ‘he’s an arrogant bastard and he’s not welcome here.’

Eve raised her eyebrows. ‘Okay… found out anything about your secret admirer yet?’

I shook my head. ‘Nothing...’ I held out my feet so she could see I was wearing my brand new boots. ‘Love the shoes though.’

‘Maybe it’s Eric,’ Simon said suddenly, looking over my head. ‘He’s looking at your boots right now, his face all lit up.’

‘He’s a freak,’ I spat, irritated.

‘I heard that,’ A shiver crept up my spine when Eros’ velvet voice tickled against my cheek.

‘Damn, I didn’t even see you move,’ Simon commented sourly. ‘A warning might be nice next time.’

‘Shut up, fairy boy,’ Eros replied, irritated, ‘I am talking to Demona here.’

‘Well, talk all you want,’ I sneered, not even glancing his way.

Eros sat down opposite me. ‘Demona, look at me.’

‘I’m not in the mood to see your sarcastic smile right now,’ I refused, staring down at my plate. Every time I saw Eros, it reminded me of bloodlust, my father, and what it could do to you. I didn’t need that.

‘Fine – I would like to talk to you. Alone, if you don’t mind.’

Eve got up and scraped her throat. ‘I’ll go join Drew now…’

Simon started to get up too, but I pulled him down by the hem of his sweater. ‘He’s not going anywhere. You can say whatever you want to tell me in front of him.’

‘Demona, I’d really like it if we could just talk about this in private…’ Eros started.

‘You ignore him all the time. So, please ignore him like you’re used to and talk to me.’

‘Fine – I wanted to tell you I am sorry I freaked you out the other day.’

I was so surprised by this my head snapped up and I looked him right in the eye. ‘You’re sorry?’

‘I never meant to unnerve you. You’re a young one, so I should have realized you’ve never experienced bloodlust before. You’ll understand in time.’ His eyes were smoldering at me.

‘I doubt it,’ I remarked icily. ‘Was that it?’ 

‘Demona – you will understand it.’ His eyes were intent now, really boring into mine.

A heavy fog seemed to cloud my mind all of a sudden, making me feel like agreeing with Eros; he was making me feel all fuzzy and content. I tried to clear my head, but my entire being seemed to want to tell Eros I understood.

‘Do you understand I didn’t mean to freak you out?’ he asked kindly.

‘Yes,’ I breathed, ‘I do.’

‘Do you still blame me for it?’

‘No, I-’ What was I saying? He’d sucked someone’s blood! ‘I mean, yes…’ What was happening to me? I couldn’t think straight anymore.

Suddenly, I felt Simon’s hand on my shoulder. ‘I think it’s best if you go now.’

‘You think so too, Demona?’ Eros asked, leaning slightly forward.

I found myself leaning toward him, my lips parted. ‘N-no…’

‘Dem…’ Simon said softly, ‘you look a bit… green – are you all right?’

I leaned into him then from the side, ripping my gaze from Eros’ dark, smoldering eyes. My mind seemed to get a bit clearer, but I still felt strangely connected to Eros. Feeling Simon’s warm arm around my shoulders helped me to get it together. His worries about me seemed to become part of the fog in my mind, helping me think.

‘I want you to leave,’ I spoke clearly to Eros. ‘Now.’

‘Are you sure?’ The fog intensified, but I was ready for it now.

‘Yes,’ I insisted through clenched teeth, ‘go!’

Within seconds, he was at the other side of the cafeteria. The fog was gone. I gasped for breath and hid my face in Simon’s black hoodie. He patted me on the back. His anguish still seemed to swirl around me, making me feel like I needed to say something to him.

‘I’m good,’ I assured him, shoving away from him. ‘I’m sorry – I don’t know what just happened.’

‘Me neither, but I just know it’s got something to do with Eric,’ he hissed, ‘that guy is trouble.’

Simon and I were just about to go outside when he realized vampires and being outside in the sun aren’t two things that mix easily. So he stopped me from leaving the building, pushing against the door I was trying to open.

‘Are you sure you want to go out?’ Simon asked, looking worried, ‘we could wait till a cloudy, rainy kind of day…’ 

‘I think some of the teachers would have told me if going out into the sun would mean bursting into flames,’ I chortled, rolling my eyes. ‘Let’s go.’

Simon rolled his eyes right back at me, which took me by surprise. It was a very un-Simon-like thing to do, after all. ‘You really think that after being at this school for about six months, I would still believe in myths and silly stories?’

A little ashamed of my assumption, I shook my head.

‘Good,’ Simon laughed, ‘because it’s obvious that you don’t know what you’re in for.’

‘And you do, because you have so many experience with vampire girls?’ I threw back. ‘But fine, maybe you’re right – I don’t know how well I will handle the sun. I didn’t use to like it very much when the Trans just started… But I’m sure it will be fine. When I was fully human, I liked the warmth on my skin…’

‘You won’t die or anything,’ Simon reassured me with a little smile. ‘But I can’t help but worry that it might not feel as good as you hope.’

‘I want to try!’ I decided immediately.

‘If you think it’ll be all right…’

‘I do,’ I swore, taking his wrist and pulling him with me. ‘Don’t worry – I am the one that might get hurt and I’m not worried. So you shouldn’t be either.’

A guy walked past me then, his eyes narrowed and his fangs slightly out. A sort of darkness seemed to shimmer around him. It wasn’t like the glow I saw around Simon the entire time, it was more… like a dark cloak that was wrapped around him, making him look like he was standing in the shadows. One thing was for sure: he was a vamp. And he walked through the double wooden doors, right out into the sunlight. Guess what: he didn’t burst into flames, turn to dust or any of the freaky stuff you see vampires do in the movies.

‘See, it’ll be fine.’ I told Simon, smiling at him.

He sighed. ‘Demona, seriously, I am not afraid of ending up with a pile of dust next to me. But sunlight and vamps – it just don’t mix well.’

I stepped outside then, pulling him with me. The moment the sunlight shone right into my eyes, I hissed in pain. My eyes were burning, tears running down my face. My skin felt normal, if a little warmer. Simon pulled me back into the shades, looking at me with worried eyes. Behind the anxiousness, there was some obvious smugness about having been right to warn me. I smiled ruefully and wiped the tears from my face.

‘Sensitive eyes,’ I explained lightly, ‘nothing to be worried about.’

‘You need to extend your fangs,’ a voice said behind me, ‘it won’t hurt as badly that way.’

I looked over my shoulder, seeing a guy I’d seen a few times in the hallways. I recalled seeing him with Eros’ crew a couple of times. He must be older than me, since he wasn’t in any of my classes.

‘I’m Kevin,’ he introduced himself, smiling so I could see his fully extended fangs. ‘You must be Demona.’

‘Well, yeah, there aren’t many other female vampires in this school. Or on earth, for that matter,’ I confirmed, smiling. ‘Extend my fangs you say?’

‘Yes – it brings out the power in you. Makes you more capable of handling the bright light.’ Kevin showed me a lopsided smile then, his dark eyes twinkling. I noticed he was kind of cute. He was tall and slightly muscled. His hair was light blond, naturally bleached by the sun. It was messed up slightly, as if someone had just ran their hands through his hair, leaving it that way. His eyes were dark brown, almost black, with a hint of gold in the middle of his pupils. Like with the other vampire I’d seen this morning, there was this shimmering darkness clinging to him like a second skin.

‘All right, thanks,’ I said. ‘Might try that then.’

I stepped out of the shade again, my fangs fully extended. They’d grown a bit bigger the last few days, I’d noticed. Simon was sticking close to me, while Kevin just watched me from a distance. The sun still stung my eyes a bit, but not even half as bad as before. Apparently, Kevin knew what he was talking about.

‘It’s cool,’ I told an anxious Simon, ‘Kevin was right.’

‘My work is done here,’ Kevin said, smiling so widely his fangs actually glittered in the sunlight. ‘Well, see you around, Demona.’

‘Yeah, see you,’ I agreed, smiling slightly, feeling weird about having my fangs poking out.

Simon looked at me strangely when I turned around to face him. His eyes were on my mouth, Or more accurately, on my fangs. His hands were twitching, as if he was keeping himself from reaching out to me.

‘Go on, touch them,’ I urged, grinning, ‘I know you want to.’

‘Hey…’ Simon said, slightly flushed. ‘I didn’t-’

‘Sure you didn’t,’ I shushed, taking a step toward him. ‘I don’t blame you. I was kind of freaked and strangely fascinated too when I saw my own canines close up for the first time.’

He held out his hand then, touching my right fang lightly. I didn’t even feel it. ‘It doesn’t trigger any bloodlust?’ he asked. He didn’t sound worried though – merely curious.

‘Nope – not yet anyway.’

‘Cool.’ He smiled widely.

‘Yeah, yeah, vamps have fangs,’ I grinned, ‘when will you spring wings?’

He rolled his eyes at me, ‘you know fairies don’t spring wings.’

‘It would be pretty damn cool though. I bet yours would be purple.’

‘And why’s that?’ he asked, his eyes curious.

‘Your glow,’ I explained, waving my hand around him. ‘It’s purple. Well, when you are happy like you are now.’

Simon flushed red in an instant. ‘You – you can tell when I am happy?’

‘Yeah… your glow goes from bright purple to brooding grey to deep black. Purple being happy, grey being sad and black being depressed.’ I smiled at him. ‘Freaky huh?’

‘Kinda,’ he admitted, ‘and you see it around fairies only?’

‘Yeah… but only your glow changes color, as far as I've noticed… And I saw a kind of shimmering darkness around Kevin and some other vamp today. Like a second skin…’

‘Maybe you’ve got some kind of special ability,’ Simon said excitedly.

‘Or maybe I’m hallucinating, retarded or just plain crazy,’ I countered, flopping down in the grass. I wasn’t up for this kind of discussion yet – not today. ‘God, the sun feels nice.’

========

Where can you order a copy of this book, you ask?

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it!

Please like this story on Facebook and stay tuned about developments in the series: https://www.facebook.com/SupernaturalBoardingSchool

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

931K 24.6K 61
Vivienne didn't believe in vampires until she started to suspect her prince might be one. Which will she sacrifice - humanity or love? ...