Mystery Mate

By poniesandthorns

Nathalie is not an average girl, she is to everyone, everyone who is human. She has two sides of her that onl... More

Mystery Mate
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Continuation..
A glimpse of the prophecy and the past
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
His letter
The Encounter
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Thank You!
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Author's confessions #1 & #2
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 part 1
Chapter 30 part 2: The Last Scrappy Chapter.
Epilogue
done
Nathalie's past
Modern Mates

Chapter 2

5.2K 176 5
By poniesandthorns

His eyes returned to normal seconds later then a disappointed look was planted on his face, I should have known, of course a popular boy like Nathan Gabriel will never like a girl like me, I'm so dumb! I didn't even recognize him from all those times he bullied me.

''Hey have I seen you somewhere?'' he asked before he studied my face. My cheeks were starting to fill with the color red. But the tone he used at this moment was so different from the usual ones. He wasn't snapping nor is he trying to bite my head off but he was literally just asking.

That's new.

''Yeah, she goes to our school, ya now the schools nerd? The puking maniac." Sasha butted in, her hands on her curvy hips and her head tilted to the side, her lips in a smirk.

Oh no, I remembered when we were in 4th grade, Nathan forced me to drink something and I ended up puking on his shirt due to my stomach problem and fainted afterwards.

Nerd. Ugly. No good. Stupid. Dumb. Murderer. Killer. Beast. And plenty of words I couldn't even remember. 

Nathan pulled a disgusted look, obviously remembering who I was and the unfortunate incident where he first met me. Damn this small state. I had to attend the same high school as him and I was never appealing on school except for my A's.

But then again, he is my mate. The social standing being a requirement is absolutely stupid. That isn't how things work... Or is it?

I wanted to glare at everyone of them. All of those people standing in a circle, making me feel like the worst person on the planet.

Then like in scary movies the light suddenly went off and the room was filled with gasps and screams. 

"Sorry, there were technical problems and the lights will be back later." I guess, the bearded man said.

Nathan took this as an opportunity and dragged me to the bar holding my wrist, his touch making my stomach erupt in butterflies, electric shock on my skin making me shiver and fireworks.. Wow... WHAT THE HECK am I thinking. He insulted me and might as well throw me in the dirty old river! I pushed his arm on my wrist even though I still didn't want his hand leave my skin it's just so wonderf- Oh STOP IT! 

''I don't like you'' he said frankly once we stopped at the corner which people don’t know existed.

‘‘Same'' I mumbled, my pride taking over and my emotions getting unnoticed.

''As the future alpha of the Broken Shadow pack, I would not want a Luna as weak as you....’’ he spit out with disgust. His blue eyes sharp than ever.

''I understand'' I replied coldly. Trying to make myself look fine was very hard but it's still working...

He's our mate! My wolf finally talked to me, His wolf's your mate not him! I talked back, sometimes the wolf's a little bit different than the person himself, but me and my wolf are like the best of friends and this is the first time she disagreed with me.

After what I said he looked at me, he might think I'm the kind of girl who begs just to get a guy like him you might as well kill me know! Studying my eyes, he sighed and shakes his head.

''My parents don't approve of rejection and if they found out who my mate is, they'll invite you over for the whole summer'' he took a deep breath before saying the last part.

''OH okay... Wait WHAT!?''

''Then let’s pretend you didn't know me and forget everything that’s happened and ignore each other after the rejection'' he chocked after I said it and smiled, looks like he likes the idea.

''Nah-uh, Rich saw us and he know'' Rich? Who is he? 

''He's one of the helper, the bearded guy'' he pointed out

''I can't just let the whole pack see you it's a disgrace!'' he blurted out. 

Disgrace? So I'm a disgrace huh? A jerk like you is a disgrace! How can he say that!? He doesn't even know who I am! Not because your daddy is powerful doesn't mean you can underestimate us! I screamed in my head.

'I, Nathan Gabriel reject you, ya name?'  What he said caught me off guard; he rejects me and doesn't even know my name. Jerk.

''Nathalie Springfield'' I replied not caring about what's happening right now. Okay, that's a complete lie. What's happening right now? I'm acting like I don't have a care in the world, like I don't care if I'm going to die because I lost the half of me. I don't care about the extreme pain in the middle of my body. 

Lie.

But still...

Faith can decide if we can get another mate if he's not the right wolf for you. 

''Okay, I, Nathan Gabriel reject you Nathalie Springfield as my mate.'' he said as he puts his 3rd glass of beer down. 

''I, Nathalie Springfield, accept your rejection'' I stated not letting go of my pride, even though inside my hearts been teared out. I imagined that if I found my mate, he will love me and make me feel the most loved person in the world, talk about the opposite huh?

******

''Look at that! Z, A, C, H!'' I pointed at the stars as I leaned on the back of the car. Me and Zach are currently looking at the stars, cheesy I know. My parents, Alpha and Luna Steele, doesn't approve of leaving until the party ends. They say-and I quote- "NO! YOU WILL STAY HERE MISSY! What do you think the other pack will think of us!? That's we're no good guests!?" Let's just say we my ears were bleeding.

''Wow, even in the stars I'm still popular?'' Zach smiled proudly.

When I'm upset I really like to comfort myself by looking at the stars, Zach was trying to be a good friend and be with me at this stupid place. (The party)

''You do know you deserve better than him right?'' he turned to face me. Turns out when I was about to leave after the 'conversation' with Nathan he was actually listening. I bumped into him and he gave me a sheepish smile. 

I continued looking up the stars; my dreams with my mate are definitely over. The Happily Ever After. 

Zach moved in front of me and cupped my cheeks, he looked at me straight in the eyes ‘‘He doesn't know how great a person you...a wolf'' he corrected himself smiling warmly at me.

We were interrupted when someone spoke near the car. ''If only she was like the Black Knight then I would def-'' the voice suddenly stopped when we suddenly heard a smooching sound, slurping specifically. PDA much? And in the parking lot? That’s just plain disgusting.

Zach and I exchange glances, and you can clearly see that we're trying our best not to laugh but failed miserably, the combination of our laughter must be heard on the whole parking lot.

'Who's that?' A girl's voice asked.

I looked at Zach and we nodded at the same time, we immediately entered his car and found the couple a few meters away in front. He flashed the light to the couples making out honking t in the process, making the couples jump facing us. The next picture wasn't expected, after the rejection I thought that he would just... get some peace you know? I never thought about. This. This was too much.

''Wow making out already? You’re lower than I think'' I shouted but only for them to hear. My wolf was angry and sad. I could feel her trying to rip out and free herself just to give them something she never would have done for real.

There was silence when we left. It was 2 in the morning, meaning the party was over and it's already safe to leave. 

He didn't utter a single word...

I was going to talk to him about his brother's training. That there will be no training, before he made a conversation.

''The Black Knight's pretty famous huh?" he sighed closing his eyes for a moment.

"But no one know who she is.'' Zach said looking at me, a half smile plastered on his face.

''But why won't she show herself?'' he continued. One of his hands at the bottom of his chin as if is thinking very deep.

''Maybe she's scared'' I shrugged, peaking at him before looking at the window again.

''Scared of what?''

''Scared of the people who bully her, scared that every person around her might treat her different because she's....’’ I rattled on, my feelings trying to show

‘‘She’s?'' he was pushing me. Pushing me to let it out. 

No

‘‘She’s that'' I shrugged again, trying to ignore the tears that was almost letting themselves out

‘‘That?''

I sighed.

''You remember Kat?'' I asked him suddenly. Remembering the red head who I always remember after falling off the stairs in school. 

''Yeah, the die-hard fan of Black Knight'' he scoffed, Zach was the one who helped me on my wounds that day,

''Remember the time when she knew that it was me?'' I said, still staring outside.

''She stopped bullying me and actually liked me'' It's like everything she'd done wrong to me was all thrown to the trash, she doesn't remember about all those nightmares I had before another incident replaced it.

''Isn't that supposed to be a good sign?'' he asked.

''Yeah but... she liked me because I was the Black Knight and the daughter of the second most powerful Alpha in the world, Not because I was Nathalie, the Nathalie who always wear huge glasses, who wears baggy shirts and pants." 

He looked at me and his mouth formed an 'o' shape. 

It's hard living in a world that only cares about the looks. Where you need to be extremely sexy and pretty to be noticed. Where people judge you by the outcome of your horrible past. Where your dreams exist in your dreams. 

Where your heart breaks again and again.

Nathan's POV

I rejected her and she accepted it.

Zach kissed her, or close...

They went out together I think...

What happened?

I can't help but remember the events today, I was following Nathalie and the guy before a girl Cath, no its Gorgia,

Or Ricky,

Nick,

Or Sam

Wait S.. Sh..Shopia?

Sha.. Sha o yeah Sasha

 Sasha threw herself at me,

And they saw me,

You're lower than I think

Her voices' on replay in my mind. Am I low? Yeah dude you just finished dealing with her and now you're making out with somebody, on a parking lot!? Wow I am low, I thought.

And you let our mate go my wolf keeps on complaining, Of course, why wouldn’t I? She's weak and pathetic, what would our pack say?' I muttered we wouldn't care because SHE'S OUR MATE! My wolf barked.

''Nathan, can you come down here for a minute?'' my mom yelled from downstairs, Oh goody they know already.

I lazily walked out of my room and into the kitchen where my dad was sited with a man near his 50's beside him. I had a scowl on my face the whole time

''Son, I heard you found your mate at the ball'' my dad said the moment I came into view. He was grinning at me and so is the dude.

''Uh...Yeah?'' I said a bit unsure. What will I say if they know that I rejected her? Might as well say the truth right?

"And guess what!?" he said sounding excited about this topic. I rolled my eyes and gave him an annoyed smile which he ignored.

"My bro's the father! wellnotreallyabrotherbut He's my best friend!! Can't you believe it?" His eyes were as wide as saucers that looked like it's about to explode.

''Dan my best friend! Isn't it a coincidence!'' he continued. 

How'd the heck did he know so fast? I muttered in my head.

I looked at the old man trying to resemble a bit of Nathalie's face and yeah they really look alike.

*knock* *knock* *knock* 

''Come in sweetie'' My mom yelled but in a sweeter tone. She told me to get the door because she was busy cooking.

And...

I really don't like where this is going, 

Please don't be Nathalie, Please don't be Nathalie, PLEASE DON'T BE NATHALIE, I screamed in my mind, then it hit me

Strawberry and roses

My wolf howled with joy as her scent became stronger as I slowly opened the door.

''Dad what's going-'' she looked up since I'm taller than her, her black eyes and long lashes suddenly became visible, she's still in her dress but without make up which she looks even more beautiful, stop no! Don’t think about her!

She obviously doesn't know what’s going on since she looked at me like she has seen a ghost.

Shocked and scared

Her eyes wide and probably... mine was too.

*****

OKAY! Finally! I'm done editing this one!

Please...

Vote 

Comment

And

Follow ^_^

Lovelots

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.9M 119K 15
Harmony Evans was a born werewolf who dreamed of one thing, meeting her mate. The male wolf made just for her. The one destined to love her and only...
3.5M 64.1K 38
"Are you..are you my mate?" I asked, as I stuttered, and blinked. "What?! You high? I'll never have a mate as fat as you, and as ugly too. Get lost...
354K 11.9K 32
[Rejection Series Book 3] "You may be the princess, but you're weak and worthless. I reject you as my mate." My heart shattered and then everything w...
1.1K 145 7
Nathan has lived a familiarly normal life, if you call being abandoned on an orphanage front steps as a fifth birthday present, but Nathan was lucky...