BUCKY BARNES//ONE SHOTS

By daughterofodin

Short stories based on Bucky Barnes. More

Quick Note
Ideal Killing Squad
Backstage Jitters
Sleeping and Waking
With or Without It
Love with a Soundtrack
Reassurance and Nervousness - Part One
Scared of the Pain
Reassurance and Nervousness - Part Two
Fights and Forts
Big Scares
Ahead of Schedule - Part 1
Ahead of Schedule - Part 2
The Perfect Day
Days at Home
Can't be a Savior
Surprise, Surprise
The Memories
Mesmorized
Hands Touching Hands
Softy On The Inside
Feel the Love
Nighttime Cravings
The Box of Bucky
A Little Hideout
Get Well
Those Three Words
His One True Love
Her Rescuer and Her Love
Actions, Not Words
Meeting in the Rain
I am Home
The Way
Jumble of a Relationship
How it Controls You
It's in the Little Things
Ending with a Fight
You Could Never Hurt Me
Well, That Would Be Nice
The Flowers - Part I
It Will Get Better
The Flowers - Prequel
A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes
I Already Know
Stay With Me
Don't Overthink It
A Night To Remember
Please - I
Control - I
Control - II
Heartbeat
Caring
Oblivious
Human Again
Stay - I
Please - II
War
Well, Maybe
Help
Support
Stay - II
I'll be Seeing You
Solace
Family
Escape
Okay
Comfort
Amnesia
Space
Author's Note
Knight
Doubt - SMUT
Little One
Happy - STEVE
Hiding - SMUT
Bullies
Let Go
Enough
So Into You - SMUT
Familiar and Odd
Stranger
Silently
Protective - SMUT
Thoughts
Moments
To Build a Home
Strength
Time
Unsteady
Birthday
City of Stars
Only Hope
Masterpiece - I
Masterpiece - II

Our Love is Like a Dream

3.6K 74 4
By daughterofodin

(Thanks again @wait_what_why ! Also, this is set in the tower, just so you know!)

You were woken up by a few little kisses on your cheek. You flipped over and smiled at Bucky. He smiled back and said,

"Happy one year,"

"Happy one year," you said back, kissing him right after.

You cuddled into him, getting cozy because you wanted to stay there the whole day.

After a while of comfortable silence, you asked,

"We don't have to get out of bed, today, right?"

"Well..." You looked at him with fake anger, "I'm sorry! But we have plans today. They don't start for a while, so we can stay here for a while longer." He smiled, hoping what he said make you happy.

You squeezed in a little closer to thank him, and he wrapped himself around you even more than he was.

----

After another hour of laying there, Bucky interrupted the silence.

"Hey, I'm sorry, but we should probably get ready now..."

You sighed, "Okay... What should I wear?"

He thought for a second.

"Let's get fancy today, we don't get to do that a lot."

"Okay, I can do that," you smiled as he begun to get you out of bed. He offered his hand to you once he was out, and you took it. You then walked out of his room and over to yours so you could get ready in there. You kissed him before closing the door of your room, and headed in to shower, get changed, and do anything you wanted to do with your hair and makeup.

----

A few minutes after you were finished, there was a knock on your door. You opened it to discover Bucky there, in a tux, slicked hair, and his elbow offered out to you. You smiled, looped your arm around his, closed your door, and follow him to wherever you were going.

----

The place you were heading to was a little room in the tower where the two of you would meet when you wanted to be alone and not bothered. But now it was set up with a table for two, some candles, and two place settings for you both. Bucky led you over to one seat and he sat in the other. After you were both comfortable, the door opened to the waiter for the lunchtime meal.

Steve.

"Good afternoon you two, are you ready for your meals?"

You couldn't help but laugh a bit at him, dressed like a waiter, serving you a meal.

"Of course," you responded.

Bucky just nodded, trying to hide his own laugh in. Steve ignored the laughs and placed the two plates in front of you and Bucky.

"Enjoy," Steve said before walking out of the room.

You both let out your laughs fully, now that he was out of the room. Once you caught your breath, you took the cover off of the plate to discover one of your favorite meals.

"Oh, Bucky, thank you! It looks absolutely delicious,"

"Oh, good. I was a little worried you wouldn't like it, but I'm glad you do."

----

Once finished, you spent a little time just talking. Nothing deep, just a casual conversation.

And once ready to head on to the next thing, you walked out hand in hand to see Steve standing right outside the door.

"All finished?" You both nodded in response, "Well, enjoy the rest of your day." He smiled before walking in to take care of the plates.

You both thanked him and Bucky led you to the next place.

----

This time you headed out of the tower and over to one of your favorite spots, an art museum and the park right across from it. You took a tour around the museum, getting a few funny looks from others, probably from the fancy outfits, but you and Bucky just laughed it off. It was fun for both of you.

After the museum, you headed across the street to the park. You walked around for a bit, but decided to take a break at an available bench. Bucky wrapped his arm around you and you laid your head onto his shoulder. Again, you got some funny looks, but also a lot of smiles. The people walking by were pleased to see a happy couple, dressed up, sitting on a park bench.

----

By the time you got up from the bench, it was around 4:30. Bucky figured it was a good time to head back to the tower for the next part.

----

A movie. A classic and a favorite for both of you, there was a couch set up with a projector to watch it. The two of you cuddled up and began the film. With it being a favorite, you both enjoyed it, especially because of the occasion of that day.

----

After the film, it was around 6:30 and time for dinner.

"You hungry?" Bucky asked as he stood up and stretched.

"Yeah, guessing it's dinnertime?"

"You guessed right," he responded, taking your hand and leading you to where you would be eating.

----

The dinner took place toward the top of the building, in a room full of windows. It was the perfect spot to watch the sunset and enjoy dinner. Again, there was a small table set up for you two, but nothing set on it this time. But you both sat down and that's when the set up began.

First, it was Bruce with the tablecloth and candles. You thanked him, and he nodded and walked out. Next was Clint, with the glasses and drinks. You thanked him, and he repeated what Bruce did.

After a little bit of time, Natasha brought out the meal.

"Enjoy your dinner," was all she said, and you, again, thanked her.

You took off the top and discovered another one of your favorite meals. Bucky smiled at you, happy to see your reaction to it.

"Thank you, Bucky, for this. For everything."

"Don't thank me, I should be thanking you. Everything you've done for me, everything you are to me, I don't know how I ever deserved you. I love you so much,"

"I love you, too," you took his hand that was on the table and he squeezed yours. Your hands stayed there though the whole meal, expect when you struggled with your food a few times. That gave the meal some good laughs.

After another great conversation and a great meal, the plates were taken by Tony, who was not surprisingly vocal about it.

"God, why did I have to clean it up? Like seriously," you both laughed a bit at him, but mainly ignored what he said.

----

You thanked Bucky for all this, the whole day again.

"Seriously, this was one of the best days of my life. Thank you," you both stood over the table and kissed. It was a little difficult in the position, but you both walked around to one side of the table to be closer.

And in the middle of it, the door opened again.

"Oh, sorry. Looks like you already are having dessert," Steve commented and you and Bucky broke apart once you had heard his voice. All three of you laughed awkwardly. But, you and Bucky sat back down and Steve came over to the table. He brought you one of your favorite treats for you and Bucky to share.

----

Once you finished off the dessert, you and Bucky spent some time just watching the sky, sitting in comforting silence.

----

The rest of the night was spent in mostly silence, or with some of Bucky's music.

After the sun had set, you both stood up and began to dance around. Because of the big open space, the windows, and the soft music, it felt like the perfect moment. You were both smiling the whole time, so happy with everything from the day and your relationship in general.

----

After growing tired from the day, Bucky led you back to his bedroom. You both changed and got into a similar position from the morning. It was perfect. You ended the day like how you started, which it all you really needed to celebrate the day. Of course, the day was amazing, but you didn't need all of it.

All you needed was a day spent with Bucky.

A/N - Hope you enjoyed! Feel free to request!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

583 20 6
[completed] [published 2016] [unedited] Bucky hated the Soldier and the way he killed without flinching. The Soldier hated Bucky and the way he car...
4.9K 144 5
Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier based One Shots.
27.3K 589 10
yn story - a famous singer with links to the avengers - idk just a random idea
527 33 18
Story about the Winter Soldier/Avengers mixed into one. I only own the character 'Izzy'. Definitely not my best work😂