You Are My Heartbreaker

By nelenawritesxoxo

How does it feel to fall in love again? To fall in love with your ex? Your first love? The person that shatte... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 28

528 24 4
By nelenawritesxoxo

I could not believe I had the guts to even do that. I mean, to my parents? I would never have disobeyed a single thing or disrespected them in any way when I was a child. I don't know where all this confidence came from. 

I wasn't expecting them to come to beg for forgiveness, because that was just my parents. They are the type of arrogant lawyers that don't have time for family time. But I just can't believe Rachel, whom I grew up closest to could stand watching them pretend cheating is not a crime. 

In my law book cheating is definitely a crime. Even in the vows, the bride and the groom don't have to guarantee eternal love towards one another but surely faithfulness was in their contract. 

Even if it was not in their vows, I believe that being loyal to your partner is a type of respect to them. I mean, your spouse is the person that you promised to spend the rest of your life with, right? Then of course, for heartless lawyers like my parents believe in divorces. 

I believe in divorces too. If it doesn't work out for a couple, divorce is definitely the way to go. Sure they could try to work things out, but if things don't work out, it suggests for this couple to move on to new partners. My mom may seem strong to hold up this family, but I know she is hurting inside and there must be a scar in their relationship.

I'm no expert in relationships, but I know when to call for a break up.

Then there is my mom who is so heartless to even give the suggestion of an abortion. And at this point, I don't know how to explain her brain. It is full of complexity. She has children of her own and she tells that woman to have an abortion?

I'm not too fond of the woman, but the baby did nothing wrong. Anyways, I'm glad she ended up standing up for herself and the baby and didn't go for the abortion.

"Selena?" it was Rachel, I could hear her hand slamming on my door, "Could you open up please? Talk to me. I'm your sister."

"Well doesn't look like you did that great of a job in talking to me." I retorted, I was throwing clothes back into my carry on. 

"Listen to me Sel, I know I didn't do such a great job in being your sister at this situation, but don't shut me out," she begged, "I know I should've spoke to you about it, but it was exam time for you."

"So what," I shut my luggage and went to unlock the door, "I'm still part of this family and I had just as much rights to know as you do!"

"I know, I know... but just talk to me Sel, tell me how you feel. I had just as much trouble getting this through my head, but in the end it's not up to us to decide what they do with their relationship," she signs, grabbing my hands, "It's their relationship, not ours. Let them take care of their business themself."

"I did my part already, they wanted to talk, I came home sat down and spoke to them," I said to her, it was pure anger in that tone, "I'm done talking and I believe they are also done listening to what I have to say."

I turned around to pick up my purse and luggage. I started rolling it out my room with Rachel following behind me.

"Where are you going Sel?" 

"Somewhere to breathe," I answered her. I got to the doorstep with my parents walking out to see what's happening.

"Selena, we are sorry for what happened, but could just stay at home?" my dad begged.

"I'm not staying here for another minute," I gritted through my teeth.

"Selena, I know you are frustrated with us, but don't shut us out completely," my mother explains, then grabbing for my wrist, "Please don't go, it wouldn't be good for our reputation."

I scoffed, unbelievable. At a time like this when I'm running away, my parents are begging me to stay for sakes our of our family's reputation, not even because of conscience.

"You guys are unbelievable," I strolled my luggage out the doors as I strutted towards the driveway I hear my parents and Rachel stumble behind.

"Selena, I know you are frustrated with us right now, here's the keys to the beach house, stay there until you feel like talking to us again," I heard my father jumble with his keys to take out the keys to our beach house. I almost forgot that place even existed, our family just sort of stopped going after Rachel went to college.

I took the key without another word and walked out through the gate. I honestly don't think I even have enough to fetch a cab to get me there. Maybe I'll just hitch at Demi's place and ask her for a ride. I tried dialing her but it went to voicemail. 

She was probably busy with Joe. I've already walked 30 minutes with this luggage making the loudest noise possible. I settled in at a coffee shop nearby Demi's house, which would be a block or two from where I'm at. I went in and ordered an iced tea while I waited for Demi's call.

"Selena right?" I looked away from the window to Olivia, she had some shopping bags in her hands. She looked like she was dropped off in the town to shop again.

"Hey, what a coincidence," I smiled at her and offered her a seat, "Have a seat."

"Thanks," she smiles and sits putting her bags aside, then she notices my luggage and points at it, "Are you leaving so soon?"

"Uhm... no just bunking over at Demi's for the weekend," I lied, brushing my hair behind my ear. I tend to do this when I lie, and I've got no clue why.

"Oh... I thought I heard Joe say at home he was going to take Demi to an overnight trip tomorrow," she awkwardly speaks.

Fuck. The egg totally shattered on the floor.

"Look I had some disagreements with my parents so I sort of left for a breather," I told her truthfully, "I was actually planning to go to Demi's for a few days to give each other a break."

"Are you alright? You can talk to me, it's not like I have any friends to gossip to in this town," she softly giggles.

"So if you did you would gossip?" I teased her, it had her scared for a minute that she struggled to explain and I laughed telling her, "I'm just joking with you. I'll be your friend," I giggled.

"Well thank you, my first friend in this town," her smile was bright and full of enlightment I see why she was Miss USA and why she was Nick's girlfriend.

"Uhm... did Nick just dump you here?" her face froze for a second, "I mean like did he just drop you off here again? To shop."

"Oh," she laughs in relief, "Yea, he had to help Denise pick up some flowers at the flower shop so he dropped me off to shop. Not to mention, I'm sensitive to fragrances and the smell of flowers so I couldn't go."

"That sucks, what does he get you for Valentines days and birthdays?"

That made Olivia laugh, even her laugh was sweet, "Well it's not always about gifts, I'm just happy to spend the holidays with him. For my first birthday with him he took me to the animal shelter to volunteer and it was just a simple dinner afterwards."

I don't know why talking to Olivia could be so soothing. I never thought I could actually befriend with Nick's girlfriend, I didn't expect her to be so nice. I thought he would date some girl full of intelligence and beauty that she would flaunt over herself, someone that Denise expects to be the daughter-in-law of the Jonas family with the arrogance too. But Olivia was more than the beauty and intelligence, she has a way to touch people's hearts when she spoke to them.

She was the definition of an angel. Nick deserves someone like Olivia.

We were on our way out the coffee shop to depart until I stopped her for a minute.

"Wait, Olivia," she turns around to my call, "Here's my number, let's chill sometime."

"Definitely," she dials my number so I'd have her's too.

"Uhm and one more thing, about my family's argument, can you promise not to tell the Jonas's? Not Denise, and definitely don't tell Nick," I said.

"Don't tell Nick what?" we both turned to Nick's voice behind Olivia, he walked up to her and they greeted one another with a quick kiss before he turned to me, "Selena?"

"Don't tell you you gained some this month, time to go to morning jogs with me," Olivia saved me there as she pulls a whiney pout at him. It really did save me because Nick turns to face her in complete adoration as he brushes her pouty face.

"Tomorrow is forecasting a heatwave, do you want me to faint?" he spoke softly, so delicate, he chuckles then turns to the attention of my luggage, "Where you heading?"

"Demi's house, I'm bringing some clothes to her for her trip," I lied, but he bought it and offered a ride to Demi's house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212K 8.7K 51
[COMPLETED] I had trusted him more then anyone else I knew; I had given him all my trust, whether that being in trusting him in what he said or what...
247K 4K 198
Following Demi's public break-up with her boyfriend Wilmer in 2016, she reconnects with her ex Joe Jonas after he begins following her on instagram...
7.7K 343 44
Ever been in a relationship and it ends but you still love that person and you know they love you? But when you try to love others feelings get hurt...
27.4K 1K 51
What happens if one day your loved one is no longer who they are? It's only been two years, how can a marriage coming tumbling down so fast? Maybe lo...