You Are My Heartbreaker

By nelenawritesxoxo

How does it feel to fall in love again? To fall in love with your ex? Your first love? The person that shatte... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 27

586 26 11
By nelenawritesxoxo

Demi and Joe convinced to go home after breakfast. They didn't agree what my family did was right but they said me running away isn't going to change anything either. So, this concludes as to why I will be going home to have a talk with my parents... and perhaps Rachel as well.

I just couldn't believe that she didn't stand up for mom and matter of fact, she let our mother forgive my father so easily. As much as I love my dad, forgiving him so easily isn't right. Not like I'm saying she should punish him, but c'mon. I honestly thought my mother was stronger than this.

We cleaned up the kitchen just before she headed out from the beach house. Nick still hasn't woken up, and I feel like thanking him. 

I know, I can't believe it. But he was the one that came to my rescue when Demi couldn't, I should be thankful towards him... right?

"Wait!" I said, both Demi and Joe were putting their shoes on by the door, "I -uh-I forgot my socks upstairs, you guys go out first. I'll come out."

I didn't stop to hear Demi or Joe respond and started running up the stairs.

"Wait Sel-" I hear Demi call me just before I reached up the stairs following with Joe's voice, "She'll come out, let's get in the car Dems." and then the door closed quietly but it squeaked a bit.

I remember the bedroom I stayed in there was a notepad on the desk, I picked up the pen from the cup of pens and pencils. I scribbled a quick thank you to Nick and ran back downstairs, I slipped the note in his shoes just before I sped out the door.

When I got in Demi gave me a suspicious look while Joe was smirking as he backed out of the driveway. "What?" I asked.

"You're wearing sandals Sel, don't tell me you wear socks with that in this hot summer?" her eyes narrowed to my legs.

Shit.

"I-I get cold.." I slowly looked away out to the window.

"Right..."

"She probably went back to give Nick a goodbye kiss," Joe teased.

"Oh shut up Joe!" both Demi and I said in unison. 

The entire ride was at piece while we jammed to the radio. More so Demi and Joe were fighting for who to DJ the radio, while I sat at the back thinking of what to say to my parents when I get home. Was I suppose to yell and freak out again? 

I guess a quiet sit down to solve this would be the right way... right?

Demi and Joe thought it would be best if I went in alone, they parked on the further out of my 'J' shaped driveway. 

"Hey call if anything alright?" Demi gestures the call.

I nodded and waved goodbye to them, "Thanks for everything guys."

They drove around the semi circle and out into the streets. I took a deep breath before stepping into the house. It was quiet around the house when I entered, no sounds of plates and forks or spoons clashing together.

It seems as though they may still be sleeping. I tiptoed to my room to shower and change before they wake up. I passed the office before going to the bathroom, it was empty there too. I didn't expect my parents to have been sleeping in till now.

I changed into a sheer baby pink dress and went downstairs after applying my make up and drying my hair. I hear the dishes against each other and a few muffles coming from the kitchen. When I entered the kitchen, my parents were finishing up their breakfast and Rachel was sipping on her morning tea.

"Sel," Rachel gets up and starts coming to hug me while my parents looked up to me.

"Hi Rach," I hugged back and turned to my parents, "I think we need to talk... whenever you're done breakfast."

I stepped out of the room into our living room, Rachel followed behind. I assumed my nephews aren't here since I haven't heard my house fall apart. We took a seat in on the leather couches.

"Just take it easy on them Sel," Rachel says, "I know you're mad, I was too but she just wanted to save our family."

I scoffed, "Save our family? We are in America, divorces are normal, we are adults now. We are capable of having a divorced family."

"But mom isn't ready for a divorce," Rachel buds it.

Our conversation ended there when our housemaid came in with the tea along with my parents who took a seat adjacted to each other on the other side from Rachel and I. After our tea were set aside and the housemaid left the room, my dad was the first to speak. 

"Selena, I... it was my fault, I admit it and I know I do not deserve to be a husband but I am still your father," he explains, he sounded so desperate to be forgiven, but sorry I'm not buying it.

"No, not only do you not deserve to be a husband but nor a father either, you broke this family the minute you decided to sleep with another woman," I fired back.

"Okay, let's not argue and get us into a fight now, we need to all stay calm and solve this alright?" my mom said, turning to both my dad and I who were already at war, "Hear your father out sweetheart, and then we'll hear out from both you and your sister, alright?"

"Fine," I crossed my arms falling back into the leather seat.

The entire time when he was telling his story I was very curious still, I want him to get to the point, why did he cheat in the first place. I didn't need to know the juicy details as to how they met, and their romantic nights. He spoke up to where he was breaking things off with her. It was perhaps my fiftieth time rolling my eyes. I hated this part.

Besides him breaking it off with her, he told her to abort the baby? Perhaps her parents may have been furious with her being pregnant at such a young age without a father to be there for her, but there are always options like adoption.

That would've at least been better than the other A-word.

There's times like this that really makes me questions what happened to humanity, what happened to humans who have feelings and care for one another's being. Well bravo on covering that Freud.

"Why did you tell her to abort the baby?" I questioned, my father looked taken-back by my question. I understand it was obvious since he didn't want to leave evidence behind, but-- "Hadn't it ever occur to you that your baby might've wanted the option to live, even if he or she were to adopted it would've been better than abortion."

"Honey," my mother turned to me as she held my father's hand, "Your father wanted to break all ties with that woman, I think it was a terrific idea for him to suggest that. It was her fault to keep the child, now for God-knows how many years the baby will be wondering who his or her biological father is."

I turned to my mother, who I could never have imagined to be so cruel. My mother who has two children herself, was able to say that.

"Unbelievable," I was dumbfounded, but furious at most, "How could you say that? Terrific idea? The baby has a life--"

"It was a fetus," my mother pointed out.

"Why are you defending him?!" I got up.

"Honey, we are not going to argue here, sit down and take a breath," she was so calm it was making me angrier.

"No, I won't sit down, you are crazy for forgiving him and to even encourage such a young vulnerable woman to abort the baby? I dislike her perhaps as much as you do but I won't encourage her to abort the baby, who has a life, who has not lived this world yet."

"Sel calm down," Rachel hushed as she tried to bring me back to sitting on the couch.

"Selena, I didn't want her to break our family, I can't guarantee that my child with her will not come back in the future to ask for money or harm you guys." He gets up now too, "Can you forgive me? This is my past, your mother has, why can't you? Even Rachel."

"Why can't I forgive you? Because there are more questions than answers in this situation," I felt my tears burning down my cheek slowly, "You weren't thinking about your wife, you weren't thinking about your daughters when you were in bed with that woman. Instead of providing us with security and love you broke our hearts and broke this family."

"I know sweetheart, I know," he sighs, "I am sorry to your mother as well to you and Rachel, but I can't change my history. We need to forgive to move forward in our lives--"

"Forgive to move on?" I rephrased his words, "Is that how you persuaded my mother into forgiving you?"

"Selena!" a sharp burning sensation sizzled on my right cheek from my mother's hand, "Where are your manners and respect?"

I cannot believe my mom slapped me. Over my father. Who cheated.

I heard the gasp from both my father and sister. My father was the first to pull her back while Rachel came up to hug me from the side and too have a closer look at my cheek.

"Gone with my father's dignity," I took a step away from the living room nearing my exit, "I'm done, I thought I might be able to actually handle this situation in a mature way. But with a heartless mother and a cheating father, I don't think any child would want to be in this family. By the way, an apology is by actions, not words. That's how you earn to be forgiven."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212K 8.7K 51
[COMPLETED] I had trusted him more then anyone else I knew; I had given him all my trust, whether that being in trusting him in what he said or what...
7.7K 343 44
Ever been in a relationship and it ends but you still love that person and you know they love you? But when you try to love others feelings get hurt...
247K 4K 198
Following Demi's public break-up with her boyfriend Wilmer in 2016, she reconnects with her ex Joe Jonas after he begins following her on instagram...
626K 19.8K 38
It's so hard to forget about the people who once loved you and cared for you. And it's harder to forget the ones who have cheated you and played you...