One Decision, One HUGE Mistak...

By livolivia

Normal. That's all Andrea ever wanted to be. But that is probably the one thing she will never get. Andrea Ha... More

Sinners Creek History (Introduction)
The Beginning
First Night Out
A Close to Normal Life
Chased
Brett
A Regular Teenage Crush
So Not a Date
No Big Deal
A Real Date
Last "Normal" Day Ever!
Too Close
Bad Day.
Just Perfect
Killed By Love.
Confused, Ignored, with many Questions.
The Aftermath of the Disasters.
Fighting with Power
Changes for the Better...
...And Changes for the Worst
If Only I Wasn't Me...

The Addiction to Being the Heroine

5.6K 0 0
By livolivia

Recap:

"Do you have the same abilities as you did in the library?"

"I'm like ten times more powerful." Brett said as if he were bragging about it. "The only dissadvantage is that the ghoul can't stray too far from the host or stay out of it for too long or else we could be silenced from the physical strain put on the ghoul."

I looked down on the ground, noticing for the first time Brett's body was lying motionless, lifeless, on the grass. Brett flew back into the host, and picked himself off the ground.

I laughed in disbelief. "I can NOT wait to be able to do that!"

Chapter 18

**Andrea's POV**

I slowed down to a nice even paced run, while the dark figures in front of me were still in a full on sprint. I let them get further away from me. I was almost jogging by the time Carol and Sharon caught up with me. The gang in front of us disappeared around a corner, and I came to a complete stop. Their footsteps that had echoed through the night had become dead silent. I put my hands on my hips and couldn't help but let a smirk slip on my face.

“They got them.” I said triumphantly.

“Well good for them,” Carol said sarcastically as she hunched over and grabbed her sides, “As for me I think I'm suffering from a mayor cramp right now.”

“No pain no game.” Sharon said between pants as she leaned against the building next to us.

“Exactly!” I couldn't agree more with her.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see the rest of the Tigers appear from around the corner of the building, some of them hadn't even put away their blades yet.

“Fran go with Carol to tag the buildings that the Hellhounds used to own.” I put emphasizes on the words used to.

“I don't think I can take another step.” Carol complained. “We ran for like 5 miles.”

“And?” I said not seeing a problem with that. “It wasn't part of the original plan but they kept on going in the wrong direction of where the trap had been set up.”

“Look Drea,'' Sharon said putting her hand on my shoulder, “It's a lot easier to run from the other gangs than to run after them. Maybe next time we could use some of out gang members as bait. That way the other gang will have to chase after us and we won't waste stamina herding people.”

I gave them both a exasperated look. “You guys honestly didn't have any fun being the chasers instead of being the chased?”

“Yep.” They both said at the same time.

I sighed. “Go tag buildings.” I told Carol. She groaned in response and pulled Fran along with her.

“What do you want us to do?” Amelia asked.

“Who's up for another round of hunting down gangs?!” I said enthusiastically.

A groan escaped from the gang. “How bout we just provoke a few gang members here and there and do the running and killings some other night?” Amelia asked. A chorus of agreements arose within the Tiger gang.

I pushed my bangs out of my face. “I guess so......” I said trying to show them that I really didn't want to go along with Amelia's plan.

But before I could think of any protest the gang members took off in different directions.

“Stay together!” I called after them.

“Drea? Can we Talk?” Sharon's voice came from behind me. She sounded concerned.

“Sure.” I tried to sound upbeat but it was hard when Sharon sounded like that.

We walked into a small alley and sat down on two turned over metal trash bins. Neither one of us talked, and I began to feel uncomfortable. I was starting to get a bad feeling about this.

“What's up?” I asked trying to break the silence even though I could tell Sharon was trying to collect her thoughts.

“Drea I'm concerned about you.” Sharon started as she let down long hair from the ponytail it had been up in.

“Why?” I asked.

“Drea, you've been keeping this up for weeks, the constant hunting. I haven't seen you cry once about Vanessa. And every time she comes up in a conversation you try to change the subject. It's not good to bottle up your emotions. And if you keep up the constant hunting by the end of the school-year there won't even be any gangs left in Sinner's Creek.”

“Well I'm sorry to tell you that your wasting your time worrying over me. I'm fine. I'm not the type of person to cry of grieve. That only wastes time. The way I deal with Vanessa's death is by trying to avenge it. I told you guys when we first started this that not all of us would make it out alive by college.”

Sharon sighed. “Well than maybe we all should take a vacation from being in the gang. How about no night time territory hunts until after Thanksgiving Vacation is over?” Sharon suggested.

I almost chocked on air when she said that. “What! Hell No! If we stop now other gangs may think we took an early retirement. We actually have a chance to own all of the territories in Sinner's Creek. We could be legends! We can't stop while we are doing are best. Vanessa would want this just as badly as I do. I thought you were my friend. A fellow gang member who wants the same thing that I do.”

“I am bu..”

“Than no taking a break.” I said in a tone trying to end the conversation.

“Andrea, you told me not to worry but now your just flat out scaring me. Your reaction to taking a few measly days off makes you seem like.. like.. like a workaholic! You need to take a break and I'm pretty sure the rest of us would appreciate time off too. We all need the sleep and if you say no again than I'll just take some personal days off. And I know I won't be the only one. As soon as we get back we can gain however many territories you want. It's just four days.” Sharon tried to negotiate.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized she was right. I had become obsessed with avenging Vanessa death, but the panthers had kept a low profile. I was pretty sure that if I had their leaders head I would be able to relax, but they seemed like the only gang out of my reach.

I sighed giving in. “I guess four days would't hurt.” I said reluctantly. Now that I thought about it, I felt like I was gonna pass out from exhaustion at any moment.

“Yes!” Sharon exclaimed as she jumped off of the trash can. “She said okay!” Sharon yelled.

“Who are you talking to..” My sentence was cut short by cheers erupting from down the alleyway. “You planned this!” I said in shock.

Sharon smiled at me. “Kinda.... but we do need a break. See you at school in a few hours.” Sharon said as she walked into the street. A few other members followed her while others went in the other direction. I swear I've lost complete control over my gang. I guess that's what I get for overworking them. I should feel thankful they didn't get frustrated with me and pop a cap in my ass and leave me.

I walked home at the fastest pace I could walk. I got home in a matter of minutes, and crawled in through the window. I quickly changed clothes and hopped into bed. Sleep became too hard to fight, and I fell into a dreamless sleep.

---

“Isn't it a crime to give out homework over Thanksgiving Vacation?” I asked Brett as he drove down the street.

“I don't think so because if it was than ever teacher I've had since the 8th grade would be arrested.” Brett replied.

“But you don't have any homework from today!” I complained.

“I'm not in macroeconomics.”

“That teacher hates me. I should just try to flat out flunk that class.” I mumbled under my breath.

“He doesn't. I think it's a great idea that your trying to challenge yourself for senior year. It looks great for college.” Brett said.

“I guess, but how come I haven't heard you talk about college before?” I asked realizing Brett had never brought it up before.

“Cause I don't have to worry about it.” Brett replied in a way that told me he wanted to drop the subject.

“You're not going?!” I asked.

“Andrea, I have eternity to worry about college. I been to it about 3 times already. After awhile it just becomes overrated to have to finish high school and then be expected to go to college. It's what mortals do.” He answered simply.

“So then I don't have to go since I'm not a mortal.” I stated using his words against him.

“No, you need to go for the experience.”

“Experience?” I asked raising my eyebrows.

“Yep. I've graduated 3 times already. You haven't even graduated from high school yet. I'd prefer that you'd picture yourself as a mortal and not some superhuman freak that can't die in any natural way.” I couldn't reply to that. I could hear that behind his voice was sadness. I hope he didn't hate himself for changing me. I realized that to end any conversation on that note would make things awkward.

“Why a porsche?” I asked suddenly.

“What?” I had caught him off-guard.

“Well, you and David can buy any car you want. Why not a fast car?” I asked.

Brett laughed. “Because knowing that if I had a fast car, the temptation to drive fast would be overwhelming. I don't need tickets on my record and I don't need the police to wonder why a guy who should be in his senior years still looks like a teenager.”

I looked at him and smiled. He had a point.

We pulled up to the front of David's house. I waited in the car for Brett to open my door like he always did. I got out and smoothed down the front of my uniform skirt.

“How about you finish your homework tonight and we can have the rest of the very small vacation to do whatever you want?” Brett asked. He knew me too well.

“Well I was going to procrastinate till the last minute but I guess I could do it now.” I said reluctantly.

We walked up the stairs to the front door and Brett bent down to kiss me. “I'll help you.” He said in an almost seductive tone.

“I'd like that a lot.” I tried to mimic his tone.

I heard him open the door and we walked inside together, our lips just skimming each others', waiting to see who would cave in first.

Brett suddenly jerked his head away.

“Something's not right.” He said looking around the empty house.

“What's wrong?” I asked. The way he looked concerned me.

“Just go upstairs into the unused side of the house. Stay there until I come and get you and don't stay in plain sight.” He demanded.

“But Brett, why...”

“GO!” He yelled at me.

I turned around and ran up the stairs. I didn't stop until I reached the gray walls telling me that I had gotten into the right section of the house. I walked into a small room which was covered in dust and was filled with boxes. It was a storage room.

I sunk down behind a few boxes and brought my knees to my chest. Brett really scared me. What was wrong? I hated not knowing why Brett acted so strangely and I hated not being able to help. He told me to hide like a child! I was in a freakin gang and killed people probably every night and he tells me to hid!

My body refused to sit here and do nothing. I slowly got up. But what if Brett had everything under control? I sighed and sunk back down. I'd wait for ten minutes and If Brett didn't come and find me I'd go looking for him.

Ten minutes came and passed. I counted every second in my head. I slowly got up and walked to my room.

I opened one of my dresser drawers silently and reached in for the bottom. I finally found the pair of unused jeans I was looking for and pulled out my switchblade. I flicked up the blade and slowly made my way to the stairs that lead to the living room.

I carefully walked down the stairs, making sure not to make a sound. I stopped breathing, afraid that my breathes were too loud. I looked around, no one was here. I peered in the kitchen and couldn't find anybody.

I walked to the glass doors that led to the backyard.

My heart seemed to fly into my throat, choking me, but I barely noticed.

Three men, all very tall and muscular were standing on the grass. Two of them were holding there hands up in different directions. It looked like they were controlling energy orbs. If I looked close enough in each orb, I could see a ghouls in each of them, flying around helplessly. The one closer to me looked an awful lot like Brett. And I didn't need to be a rocket scientist to know that David was trapped in the other orb. I couldn't see either of their hosts anywhere near them.

They were trying to silence them!

I looked at the now seemingly pathetic blade in my hands. To fight immortals, you need to be an immortal.

I reached for the necklace clasp, and slowly undid it.

----------------

Cliffhanger Alert! :) I kinda liked how that ended. The next chapter will be up soon i promise. 

Comment.VOTE!!!!!!!!Fan.

~Luv ya;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

368 48 23
When Lisa Winters gets into a car accident, because of her fucked-up mother; her whole world flips upside down. When Lisa and Chase finally admit the...
1.1K 45 26
When Christian's family moves to a new town Christian is not happy. He misses his old school in the big city with all of his friends and family. Then...
6.3K 1.2K 39
Reviewed in "Read It 'Cause It's Teen Fic" By The RoundTable. "Whatever you do, don't crack. If you crack, you fail. " Cracking means you're breaking...
8 0 1
When Jake wakes up, he expects the day to be just like every other day, ordinary. So when Jake heads to school for one of his last days of college, l...