Saving Grace. [Alex Gaskarth]

By Lauren_Grace

❝You need a saving grace, Ivory-Grace?❞ More

Lunch.
He's Nice.
May I stay?
Someday
Hazel's Hill.
I Can't Sleep.
Maybe...
Fast Asleep.
Because I am.
Did we just?
Hello You.
Shut Up Jack.
To Hazel's.
Blinked in Minutes.
Not So Fast...
Tomorrow.
Ha. Ha. Ha.
Fun Size.
Surprise!
Gone.
PRIVATE PROPERTY.
We're Fine.
Alone.
Pack Your Stuff.
Morning Beautiful.
That's My Girl.
You What?
Let's Do This.
Morning Sunshine.
Tell Me To Stay.
I Miss You.
It's For The Best.
Pretty Brown Eyes
Nice, Attractive.
Hmm.
Let Me.
Stop.
More than Anything.
Wish Me Luck.
Nice One.
Don't Frown.
England.
Allow Me.
I'm Sensing That.
Go Exploring.
Sing To Me.
Not This Time.
You Trust Me.
I Found Mine.
Saving Grace.

'And Yeah.'

9.6K 222 114
By Lauren_Grace

IVORY

"S-sure." I stuttered, carefully folding my page and placing the book down. 

"So then Ivory, you're an engineer eh?"

"Uh- yeah."

"How did that happen then?"

"My dad used to be one, so I was always at the shop, then Taylor started working there when he was 12 and I was 10, so I just picked stuff up as time went on."

"You've known the famous Taylor Dignam for a while then eh?" He winked. 

"Ages, he's practically my brother, Matt too." I smiled. 

"I guess that explains the interrogation then." He smirked. 

"I'm so sorry I swear they're not usually like that but they just like to embarrass me and normally I'm not led under a car so I can stop it an-"

"Ivory...shh." He laughed, taking both my hands in his own. I blushed yet again and slowly pulled my hands back, placing them by the sides. 

"So," He coughed, "Tell me about yourself."

"Well, I, uh-"

"Ivory, I'm going to the teachers lounge, I'll be right okay?" Mr Farmers smiled. 

"S-Sure." I stuttered, now aware I had to answer Alex's question. 

"Why did he say it like that?" Alex asked, leaning forward on his elbows. 

"He knows I-I worry."

"Oh...so my question then." He winked. 

"Well, technically you said a statement, not a question and therefore I have no reason to answer anything because you cannot answer a statement, you can only respond to it." 

"....Wow." Alex smiled, leaning himself closer. "In that case, I'll ask you something else."

"Go ahead." I smirked, a sudden confidence appearing after my previous answer. 

"Tell me about this book." He said, gesturing to Peter Pan on the desk. 

"Oh...it's uh, P-Peter Pan." I said, my confidence withering with each word. 

"I can see that," he chuckled, "Why do you always read it?"

"I love it." I said simply. 

"The story?" He questioned. 

"Yes, the story, the story of the man who wrote it, and..." I paused, trying to find a way to phrase it. "Yeah."

"And yeah?"

"Well...nevermind."

"Ivy..."

My head shot up, a look of surprise and sadness predominant in my eyes. I shook my head and lowered my gaze. 

"Ivory. Just Ivory."

Alex paused for a moment, but remained my focus when he spoke again. I would be lying if I said I listening, because I wasn't. My mind had clouded over with various memories, which were almost painful to remember. 

"Ivory? Ivory!" Alex said, snapping his fingers and catching my attention. 

"Sorry..." I blushed. 

"You sure space a lot eh?" 

"You could say that."

"A daydream away right?"

"Accurate." I laughed, tucking my hair behind my ears. 

Alex looked at me for a moment, his lop-sided smile resting on his lips. He leaned forward again and rested his chin on his elbows. 

"So Ivory, what can I call you?" 

I shrugged, I didn't see what was wrong with just Ivory. It may not have been the most interesting name but I quite liked it, it reminded me of strength. Ivory was technically the hard, white substance that made up the tusks of elephants, and that's pretty strong stuff, and it's made to make piano keys, and I play piano so I found it ironic also. Oh, that and it was popular brand of soap here in the US, which I only take to be a good thing. 

"Your middle names Grace right?"

"...Yeah?"

"Then I'll call you Ivory-Grace." He smiled.

"Someone likes John Green." I smirked. 

"Maybe..." He smiled. I grinned, a proper "too big for my face smile". 

"So then Ivory-Grace, I have one more question for you." He smirked. 

"Tell me what 'and yeah' means."

A/N: For those who don't know, John Green is an author and vlogger on Youtube. I made reference to his book 'The Fault in Our Stars' which I highly suggest you go read because it's incredible and the best book I've ever read. 

And thank you for all your lovely comments! Shout out to Kennedy71199 for creating a shipping name for Ivory and Alex...bless you(: <3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 274 13
The second book in the Mayflower Series Sequel to ~The Daughter of Water~ Lily Mayflower, Daughter of Poseidon, is finally in paradise. Camp Half-Blo...
54.5K 1.5K 46
Dimitri told Rose love fades mine has, but he didn't mean it. Dimitri hurt Rose so much that Rose didn't even care anymore all she wanted was the pai...
852K 45.3K 32
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
11.2K 303 21
This is what I think should of happened in season 3. It is picked up from were season 2 left off. KT is in this but, Willow is not. Nina and the rest...