Love Happens

By thefanzonestruggles

Teen romance is overrated. Kit Dawson is probably the only sane person at Finnigan High who thinks so... More

before you start reading.
1. "Confessions With Cupid."
2. "Sheep are creepy."
3. "Aloha, Kittycat."
4. "Stalkers and whatever-his-name-is."
5. "You Talk A Lot."
6. "Not gonna let you go until you say bye."
7. "We're definitely not strangers anymore."
8. "Stalkerism is probably his religion."
9. "You're a Saggitarian and we're not compatible."
11. "You found me."
12. "Hawaii is so beeping beautiful."
13. "I affect you."
14. "How convenient."
15. "Cage is a weirdo."
16. "Just eat it, Kit."
17. "He just left me."
18. "I'm such an idiot."
19. "Talk about being so creepily bipolar."
20. "And what would you know about true love?"
21. "I don't want to like him."
22. "I'm nobody, but you can call me Kirstin."
23. "Kit l-o-v-e-s Cage!"
24. "Who the hell let you wear this dress?"
25. "Kit. Is this your first kiss?"
26. "Hey, it isn't what it looks like!"
27. "I don't even know who I am anymore."
28. "You didn't look like the nerd type."
29. "I thought I was your one true love."
30. "Stop stealing my girlfriend away, Dawson."
31. "Do you want to spend time with me?"
32. "I'd put the whole world on hold if it means I get to see you."
33. "You're very pretty. Just in case you didn't know."
34. "I have it real bad for you."
35. "I can't believe we're actually here."
36. "He's more into blondes than he'd ever do brunette."
37. "They're hot, but don't have too many brain cells."

10. "It's just for four days, mom."

284 31 19
By thefanzonestruggles

*looks at calendar* It's the weekend again. Whoop, time for another update. :D

-x-

"Phone charger?"

"Got it."

"Flip-flops?"

"Yep."

"Oh, I bet you forgot your sun-screen."

Mom, Gabby and I were in my room, my suitcase sitting on my bed with piles and piles of stuff around it. Packing for a four day vacation isn't too hard, but packing with your mom, is so much more harder.

"No, mom, I have it all packed," I smiled, rolling my eyes. "Don't worry. I'll be back before you know it. It's only about 2500 miles away from California. It would just take about four hours to go there by plane, and I'll have my phone with me. I'll constantly message you."

"You better," mom laughed, leaning against the door slightly. She sighed happily, smiling down at me. "I'm so excited for you, Kit. I wish it was me who had a chance to go on a four day holiday to Hawaii with my friends."

I didn't say anything, as a tiny idea crept into my brain.

I pushed it away for later.

"I'm excited too," I admitted. "I guess I can make new friends. But there's going to be so many students- about two hundred since we have Avon High coming along with us."

"Maybe you can make some new friends from the other high-school too," mom offered. "I mean, they live in the same town, plus Finnigan High and Avon High never had a rivalry."

"Didn't Mr. Dawson study in Avon High?" Gabby smirked, as she stretched her legs onto my carpet.

Mom chuckled. "Yes, he did. And I was in Finnigan. 1988 was one of the best years of my life. I fell in love with your dad from the minute I laid my eyes on him, Kit. He was Mr. Bad Boy, and used to have all the girls dying over him."

I laughed at that. Dad being a bad boy was just hilarious. Now, about thirty years later, he's a normal software engineer who has grey hair and glasses, and who lived in a normal Californian town with his wife and teenage kids.

Mom and dad used to be high-school sweethearts and stuff, and they got married pretty early. I'm just surprised and glad that they didn't get sick of each other yet.

"I've got everything," I announced as I zipped my suitcase closed. "Plus, I'm not leaving until three days. I have plenty of time to get everything I forgot."

"Mrs. Dawson, tell me about how you met Mr. Dawson," Gabby interrupted.

Oh god.

No. I've heard this story about a million times already.

Mom smiled. "If you insist."

Luckily, my phone buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it out to see a text.

I smiled almost immediately. Cage had pulled the old wait-for-three-days stunt, before he had finally texted me.

It wasn't like I was counting or something.

I slipped out of my bedroom, before settling on to the staircase. I crossed my legs in front of me, balancing my phone on my knees.

Unknown number:- Kitty cat. It's Cage.

I brushed a couple of strands of hair away from my eyes, before I quickly saved his number into my phone contacts.

Oh. Hey! I responded, and he replied within seconds. That was one thing about that boy- he has mad texting skills.

Cage:- Don't you seem cheerful today?

I rolled my eyes immediately, and then my phone buzzed again with another text message from him.

Cage:- And you're probably all scowly again ;)

I laughed at his text before shaking my head, quickly texting him back.

Nah. Don't worry. I'm actually in a good mood for once.

He replied seven minutes later. Not that I was counting or anything.

Cage:- For once, eh? XD Anyways. There's a party at Tanner's place tonight. Wanna come?

I bit my lip. I may be eighteen years old, but mom doesn't let me go off to random people's parties just like that. Plus, I wasn't really in the mood to go to a party, let alone Tanner's party.

Tonight? Sorry. I'm kinda busy with stuff.

Cage:- Stuff?

Yeah, was all I could text back.

"KIRSTIN, GET YOUR BUTT DOWN HERE!"

I rolled my eyes at Vegas' voice. "No!" I yelled back.

"BUT I'M HUNGRY!" he whined and I groaned. "Too bad, Vegas, get your ass off the couch and cook yourself something!" I shouted. I heard him sulk like a little kid.

"Pleaseee, Kirstin," he groaned. "I'm hungry."

"You're also twenty two!" I responded.

Three seconds later, Vegas stood in front of me at the bottom of the stairs. His blonde hair was messy, like he had just slept in (which he had) and he pouted.

"One sandwich?" He begged. "Please?"

"I said no!" I mumbled. Cage hadn't texted me back yet.

That's when my phone was being wrestled out of my hands.

"VEGAS!" I shrieked. "Give it back!"

"Only if you make me a sandwich! Nutella, please!" He smiled, innocently.

He glanced at the screen of my phone, his lips quirking up into a smirk. "Cage eh?"

"Vegas, it's horrible to look at other people's texts!" I scowled, grabbing my phone back. He just smirked as I hastily pushed my phone into my pocket.

"Whatever, little sis. Make me that nutella... while I stalk this Cage," he laughed. I rolled my eyes, as I stomped to the kitchen, just to get it over with. "You're so immature," I grumbled, as he followed me in.

"Whatever," he laughed as he watched me make the crappiest nutella sandwich in the world (grab two slices of bread, smother nutella, smack em together) and shove it in his face.

"Remember that world trip I told you about?" he spoke, while chewing. "Well, we were supposed to go to Bali first, but since you're going to be in Hawaii, I've changed the plan so we'd be in Hawaii on the same dates you'll be in Hawaii. Oh and this sandwich sucks."

My mouth fell open. "WHAT?! You can't be in Hawaii while I'm in Hawaii! You can't meet me anytime I'm in Hawaii! FOUR days, Vegas. Four days. I'll be away for four days. I need the peace and time away from you!"

He rolled his eyes. "Oh please. It's not like I wanted to change my plans. Mom forced me to."

"B-But, mom!" I protested, running up the stairs to where mom was sitting. I burst into the room, and Gabby and mom looked up at me, annoyed at the fact that I had interrupted them.

"Mom, Vegas is NOT going to Hawaii while I'm in Hawaii."

Mom sighed. "It's convenient, Kit. No arguing."

"What the... Ugh!" I yelled, getting extremely annoyed. "I'm EIGHTEEN! I can take care of myself for four days! FOUR days, mom! And it's Hawaii. Just HAWAII. With two hundred seniors and twenty five adult chaperones! I don't need Vegas to look after me, that's the stupidest thing in the world."

"But I've already booked the tickets," Vegas said innocently. "It can't be changed again."

Mom shrugged at me helplessly. "Sorry, Kit, you should have said all of this earlier."

I was so mad that I could punch a fjkfhdfjdn WALL.

The entire Hawaii trip has officially been ruined. 

-x-

This chapter was short and wasn't so good but the next chapters I promise, will have so much more action in them. 

VOTEEEEE. COMMENT. PLEASE.

~Harshitaaa

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 2.9K 46
You have a boyfriend, but is your eye on someone else? And is it possibly his older sister? Rosemarie (Rose), has what she thinks is the perfect lif...
196K 7.6K 35
"Why do you care?" I whispered out. "I worry about you and I have no clue why," he explained honestly which did make my heart sink a little. -_-_-_...
277 31 8
Belle Harrington has three dreams for senior year. 1.) Get into Harvard. 2.) Truly fall in love. 3.) Stay out of prison. Seems simple right? When you...
803K 26.1K 43
Everything was tasteless..bland. People in this universe never tasted anything until they found their soulmates. The number of days until they get to...