When I saved the bad boy (201...

Від KatherineYork7

it's very simple. When these two different people with similar choices meet, their whole worlds turn upside d... Більше

When I saved the bad boy
Chapter 2 (Meeting the asshole)
Chapter 3 (Is my life a joke or what?)
Chapter 4 (I bet it was a date )
Chapter 5 ( I'm a dead man walking )
Chapter 6 ( Gambling is a dangerous thing, especially if you lose)
Chapter 7 (When butterflies strike...)
Chapter 8 ( Living on the edge )
Chapter 9 ( A vampire thing )
Chapter 10 ( Secrets....secrets...secrets )
Chapter 11 ( I don't kiss and tell on a rainy day )
Chapter 12 ( Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong)
Chapter 13 (Shh...There is something in the dark)
Chapter 14 ( When bitches go mad ...)
Chapter 16 ( Deal or Deal breaker? )
Chapter 17 ( Under the sheets )
Chapter 18 ( Don't be such a baby )
Chapter 19 ( Going undercover- Charles's Angles strike again )
Chapter 20 ( Curiosity killed the cat )
Chapter 21 ( Let's play a game, shall we )
Chapter 22 ( Weirdos stick together )
Chapter 23 ( Eye of the tiger)
Chapter 24 (Payback is a bitch)
Chapter 25 ( Hide and seek in the closet )
Chapter 26 ( The highway to hell )
Chapter 27 ( Talking about kisses...)
Chapter 28 (when romance and stars take over)
Chapter 29 (Riddle of confusion)
Chapter 30 ( Sorry seems to be the hardest word )
Chapter 32 (Morning after dark)
Chapter 33 ( Happy birthday to you )
Chapter 34 ( Bitch mode is fun when people are scared of you )
Chapter 35 ( Going undercover 2-Operation James Bond)
Chapter 36 ( A haunted heart)
Epilogue
Author's note
Bonus chapter 1/2
Bonus chapter 3/4
Info ♥
Edit 2019

Chapter 15 ( It's all fun and games until someone meets vodka )

47.3K 1K 176
Від KatherineYork7

Unedited

Tonight Chris was having a party and we were invited. He said he got some gossip to tell us. Something about a popular girl’s nose being bruised. After he hanged up the phone Angie, Kayla and I almost died laughing. It was going to be a big surprise when they found out who did it. It was going to be a war too. But who cared. We were going to be popular and if that bitch had the face to show up at the party we were going to be ready. We got the main boys on our side. It’s going to be a hell of a party and for the first time in my life I wanted to go. One reason was that I wanted to celebrate. Second one was I needed to thank Jake and ask him for further advice and third reason is that…I want to see J.D’s face when he founds out what happened to the whore because of him. I can be dangerous. I think there is no way this party is going to be boring.

Angie begged me to put on a black mini dress but I swear if you would have seen the dress you the first word that pops into your mind is SLUT.

I decided to wear grey jeans with Kayla’s leather knee heals and a black top with a leather jacket. Just saying. I was feeling very Angelina Julie in Lara Croft style. Angie and Kayla wore some dresses and they put like tons of make up on them and me. As we arrived Angie handed me two leather gloves with the fingers cut of so I can cover the bruise on my hand. We arrived a little late so there were a lot of people already. We tried to find the boys but since the attempt failed we went to get some drinks. I got a coke as usual and Angie and Kayla well…They were they and went a little over the top with vodka. Half an hour later Johnny and Chris found us. The first though that came to my head when J.D wasn’t with them was that he is with the blonde. But then I saw him on leaned on the door talking to some other guy.

I tried not to laugh as Chris made the story about the blonde’s nose, Shelly, an event of the year. He even wanted to know who was brave enough to finally put that bitch back in her place. When Kayla and Angie found out that both Chris and Johnny dated her they were red as a cherry and I swear they were going to hit that whore one more time for them selves.

The moment Kayla and Angie wanted to prove something they started making out with the guys. Well Angie did. Kayla was just teasing Chris. I really need to help her make him kiss him. Maybe I could talk to him. Angie and Johnny went from cute to perverted. Oh come on. I could see their tongues. Grouse.

I ran away from them when I saw J.D heading towards me. I wondered if he was going to pass me by. But he was smirking.

“Hey sugar.”

“Hey…J.D.” I tried to sound normal.

“You look sexy tonight.”

“Thanks.” I smiled and tried to pass him by but he pushed me back gently.

“I need to say few words to you.”

“Oh really.” I crossed my arms waiting for an answer.

“Yes really.”

“Well I’m busy… I need to find Jake.”

I tried to walk pass again but ended up on the same spot.

“I would like you to let me leave now.”

“Do you know that Shelly had a nose bleeding all afternoon because someone hit her?”

I tried not to smirk. “I have no idea what or who about you’re talking.”

“Rumours say that it was a girl…”

“So?”

“Isn’t a little weird that she gets hit just when I was talking to her.”

“I don’t know what you’re applying but if you think I had something to do with it you are way out of line.”

“Fine. I apologize.”

He smirked and pulled out his hand for a shake. I accepted it happy this turned according to plan. He doubted me but I didn’t have to confess and the bitch was gone. Yay.

And then he squeezed my hand, hard.

“Ouch.” I pulled my hand out when his hand almost crashed mine. My hand was still swollen from the hit.

He pulled back my hand and took off the glove. He looked at the bruises. Smart bastard.

“How did you get the burses then?”

“I fell.” I tried to get out.

“You fell?”

“Oh yes. On my hand.”

“Liar, liar pants on fire.” He smiled at me and yanked me to him. “You were jealous and you broke her nose. I’m impressed.”

“Don’t get your hopes up. I’ll never confess.”

“No need to. I only need the proof you have on your hand.”

“I hate you… future lawyer.”

“You like me. That’s why you did it.”

I blushed. “ Keep on dreaming.”

“You hit her for me.”

I puffed. He had a playful smile. He was happy and this was entertaining to him. I just love Jake right now. I have to ask him for another advice. This is so working.

“How about a dance?”

“How can I refuse ?!”

We started dancing. After jumping and swirling we finally decided it was time for a drink. We went to the kitchen when he poured whiskey and I looked for a Pepsi or something.

“Want some?”

He pushed his glass under my nose.

“No thanks. I’m good.”

“You told me you have never been drunk. Have you ever even drink alcohol?”

“Yeah. Many times. “ I lied.

“This is like you’ve told me you have kissed other guys before?”

“Some things are better left a lie.”

“No they’re not. Come on take a sip.”

“You’re a bad influence.”

“Just get drunk tonight. I promise I’ll be right by your side the whole time and I will bring you home sober.”

I hesitated. “Is that a safe offer?”

“Yes.”

Then I found the blue cup I left there before. “Hey there is my juice cup. See the lipstick. Is mine.” I smiled and drank the whole liquid. I didn’t need any alcohol.

“Oh god this tasted weird.”

“Are you sure that’s your cup?”

“Yeah I left it here thirty minutes ago.”

“Julie. I don’t want to freak you out but you shouldn’t leave your cup like that.”

“It’s fine. I found it, see.”

“Sugar, they usually spike the drinks at parties.”

“Nonsense I feel fine. I’m sure we got nothing to worry about.”

“I am a bad ass woooo.” I could barely stand still but I was like a battery. I was filled with energy but things were blurry.

“Calm down sugar. You are drunk.”

“I didn’t drink alcohol.”

“You drank from a spiked cup.”

“I want to sing.” I threw myself in his arm. He smells so nice.

“You smell nice.” Did I just say that? I have no idea how my tongue is quicker then my brain.

“Thank you.” He smiled.

“And I like your smile.”

“I like you drunk.” I laughed and ran towards Angie the moment I saw her.”

“Angie love.”

“Julie darling.” We both hugged.

“Angie’s drunk.” Johnny complained holding Angie back from falling.

“So is Julie. Somebody spiked her drink.”

“I am not drunk.” I giggled and hugged Angie again. “I just love her very much. And I love you guys.” I hugged them too. I feel a need to share love.

“Maybe we should sober them up.” Johnny suggested.

“Let’s find Chris first. Go find him, I’ll stay with the girls.”

“Be back soon baby.” Angie send and air kiss to Johnny.

Johnny left and we were left with J.D. He looked so hot right now. I went with my hands over his body and I went over with my fingers on his mouth. “I want to kiss you.” I whispered.

His eyes were wide open. Angie was laughing hard.

“I do too, but you are drunk and drunken people do stupid things they regret later.”

“Do you think I’ll regret it?”

I asked reaching for the bottle of vodka behind him. I feel so easy and happy. Maybe I should start drinking.

“I think you will. What are you doing with the bottle?”

“I’m drinking.” With that I took three large sips and made a sour face.

“I love you.” I blurted.  He raised a brow.

“Is that you or the vodka talking?” He asked.

“Oh I’m sorry. That was me talking to the vodka.”

Angie was still laughing. “Very funny now sugar.” He looked disappointed. Maybe I should tell him everything.

“Hey J.D did you know who came to the party?” Two guys came talking to J.D.

“Guys I’m kind of busy right now…” But they kept on talking.

I was bored. “Hey Angie. Let’s do something. I’m bored.” I whispered.

“There is a karaoke machine in the next room.”

“Perfect.”

I took her hand and we walked away. Was I forgetting something? I can’t remember.

We went over to the machine to find out people already sang. We waited for them to finish and when we found the perfect song to sing we agreed how we’re going to sing it. It was going to be awesome. I have never done something like that.

We grabbed the microphones and the music started.

Have you ever heard of Salt and Pepper? Well we are singing What a man and the crowd is cheering. We started singing when I saw Johnny, Chris, Kayla and J.D and waved at them.

 “This is for you guys.” Me and Angie screamed when she started the first part.

“ I wanna take a minute or two, and give much respect due

To the man that's made a difference in my world………..

I know that ain't nobody perfect, I give props to those who deserve it

And believe me y'all, he's worth it

So here's to the future cuz we got through the past

I finally found somebody that can make me laugh

You so crazy

I think I wanna have your baby”

Johnny was mouth opened and J.D was still in shock. We kept on singing and the crowd went bigger and chirred louder.

“What a man, what a man, what a man

What a mighty good man”

We sound so bad. I mean awful, but people loved us. We sang the middle part together and then it was my turn.

“My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer

He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller………..

He's a real smooth brother, never in a rush

And he gives me goose pimples with every single touch……..

Secure in his manhood cuz he's a real man

A lover and a fighter and he'll knock a knucker out

Don't take him for a sucker cuz that's not what he's about

Every time I need him, he always got my back

Never disrespectful cuz his mama taught him that……..”

We ended the song and bowed. Everyone loved us. J.D and Johnny pulled us outside while we were still humming the song.We sat in the garden where was quiet and waited to see the boys reaction.

“My dream is to fly over the rainbow so high…” Angie voice was making my ears bleed. She sounded so bad without me and the music.

“I think I better make some coffee for the both of them.” Chris and Kayla walked away.

“J.D did you like the song we sang?” I asked glaring into his eyes.

“I did. But I will comment on that later. When you’re sober.”

“I'm safe, up high, nothing can touch me but why do I feel this party's over? No pain, Inside, You're like perfection. How do I feel this good sober?” Angie sang again.

“Angie would you shut up already.” I starred at her but she was laughing. It was contagious. I had a need to giggle, a lot.

I turned to J.D. He looked frustrated. Johnny was talking on the phone and Angie was now distracted by the stars.

“I really showed her ha?” I chuckled making J.D confused.

“What are you talking about?”

“That blonde whore. I warned her, but she called you an expensive toy and I hit her.”

“You hit Shelly for me?” He looked even more confused. I though he already knew it was me.

“Yeah I did. And I will hit her again if I see her close to you.”

“Are you jealous?” He asked smirking.

“So much I want to rip her heart out.” I smiled at him. I was being to open about this. Why couldn’t I shut up? Suddenly I felt a lack of sleep. If I could just close my eyes for a second.

Everything went blank.

I opened my eyes feeling something laying on my ass and I was greeted by a pair of feet with grey socks in front of my face.

I lifted my head to see that I was laying in a king size bed and I was sleeping with five other people. Angie’s head was on my butt, Chris socks were almost in my mouth. J.D was laying next to me with his legs on Johnny’s chest who slept on Kayla’s back. What the fuck happened? Is this after some kind of orgy I didn’t know about? Suddenly my head started spinning and a headache refreshed my memories. I was having a hang over. The worst part is I don’t remember anything from the time I drank from my cup.

Angie almost slurred on my butt so I had to wake everybody up with yelling. Bad idea when your hangover.

“What are we doing?” I yelled but my ears were so sensitive I though my head would explode. Angie lifted her head and shushed me.

I had no other choice but to be violent. I grabbed a pillow and hit everybody once. Okay maybe I hit Angie twice. She did shush me.

“What do you want?” Johnny whined and grabbed the pillow putting it under his head.

“What happened here? Where are we?”

“We are at my place in my bed!” He stated trying to go back to sleep.

“Get up I need to know what happened. How did I get drunk?”

“Uh.” He got up and pushed everyone from him and sat next to me pushing Chris’s feet away.

“You and Angie were drunk. You passed out so I decided it was the best if you stayed at my place.”

“My parents…my mum she…”

“Already took care of that. They think you are at Angie’s. Her parents think she’s at yours.”

“Thank you.” I sighed. “Anything else I need to know?”

“You and Angie really know how to put on a show!” He smirked. I hate smirks. They remind me of evil.

“What do you mean? Oh god what did I do?”

“Don’t worry. I’m sure everything will be clear after a cup of coffee and after you see the video.”

“There is a video of me doing what?” I wanted to die. What the fuck did I do?

“You stripped naked and make out with Angie!”

“WHAT?!” I yelled waking everybody up. My ears buzzed again. Fuck , fuck , fuck.

“I’m just joking, calm down. Nothing scary. Even though it could be fun watching you two do it.”

I sighed and punched Johnny’s shoulder.

“Why am I in so much pain?” Angie got up and tried to fix her hair.

“Come here baby.” Johnny pulled her in his lap and she leaned her head on his chest. I couldn’t help but noticed how much he cared for her. They were so sweet I almost shed a tear. A match made in heaven folks.

“You guys are so cute.” I smiled at them when Johnny kissed her forehead.

“Don’t worry you got me sugar.” J.D rubbed his eyes and put his head on my lap. “Good morning to you all.”

After getting everyone up we were ready to talk. I couldn’t help my self but to brush J.D’s hair with my fingers. It didn’t seem like he mind but on the other hand Johnny…

“Something tells me you two are getting together in a short time…”

“Johnny shut your mouth. I need to see that video now.” I ordered.

“Well you will have to log on to face book because I don’t have it.”

“Oh dear god. Forgive me I have sinned” I whined. Who knows how bad it was.

“You people are bad influence on me.”

“I can say the same thing. I was the only sober person last night.” J.D added.

“You people are…” I waved my hands but J.D pulled them back.

“Brush my hair again.” He was obviously half awake and everyone chuckled after he said that. I blushed.

My fingers continued brushing his hair.

Somewhere between the pillows a phone was buzzing. After Angie found it she handed it to me since it was my phone.

“Hello?” J.D lifted his head letting me speak normal.

“Well isn’t this my new favourite singer!”

“Jake?” As I said that J.D’s eyes were field with a flare. I couldn’t tell what he was feeling. I got off the bed and went opened the door from the room. I was standing in a big, full with pictures, hallway. I will observe later. Think now.

“How do you mean singer?”

“Well I’m sure you don’t remember but haven’t you seen the video.”

“I just woke up.”

“Well I would love to chat with you about everything.”

“Monday after school?”

“How about today? Let’s go for a coffee.”

“Okay. I need another advice though, they are obviously affective.”

“Of course Jules, anything for you.”

“See you in…?”

“In two hours, wait for me at Lao’s café.”

“Okay. Bye.”

“See ya Jules.”

I hang up and went back in the room. What I left in the room five minutes ago was in another universe. The sleepy people were gone. The noisy, fighting with pillows people were now laughing and hitting one another.

Suddenly a pillow landed on my face. J.D was smirking.

“I am going to kill you.” I raised the pillow.

“What are you going to do? Make me sleep until I die?”

I ran towards the bed and joined the pillow fight. Feathers started flying everywhere but I didn’t care. Nobody did. I started laughing and I reached that point I couldn’t see anything and started hitting everything my pillow touched.

“I told you they were crazy.”

After I heard a squeaky voice I stopped hitting. The feathers fell on the bed as we all stood still and looked across the room at probably twelve year old girls with smiles on their faces.

“What do you want Ashley?” Johnny glared at her.

“Oh I just wanted to show my friends that high school is where freaks are born.” She smiled evilly and checked us out.

“Get out!” Johnny grabbed a pillow and tried to hit her but the pillow hit the door when she closed it.

“A little sister?” I asked.

“A little annoying sister.” He confirmed.

We starred at each other for a while and then we started hitting each other again.

After we were tired from jumping around we decided to eat something. We weren’t planning on eating feathers so that meant leaving the room.

Once we were in the kitchen we saw the girls watching TV. Johnny didn’t really pay much attention.

“Where are your parents?” I had to ask.

“Weekends they go somewhere to do god knows what.”

We all chuckled but he frowned. “I like to think they are world classified spies just so I don’t have to know where they are and what they do.”

“That’s so cute babe.” Angie awed and kissed him passionately.

“Exhibit number one. How to transfer germs.” His little sister complained to her friends and made a face.

“Hey Ashley check this out.” He smiled towards his sister and then he leaned Angie on his knee and kissed her twice as passionately.

Her face frowned as angrily she turned towards the TV while we started whistling.

“Get a room people.” J.D yelled.

“It’s getting hot here." I laughed at them.

After we ate J.D offered me a ride home. Kayla kept being angry about Chris’s holding back and I left Angie with Johnny. Apparently she didn’t spend enough time with him.

I checked the time twice in a row. I had ten minutes to go home and go to the coffee shop to meet Jake. I smelled like vodka and I looked terrible. I needed a shower too so I wasn’t going to go straight there. J.D looked very happy this morning. I couldn’t tell why so I decided to ask.

“What up with you? You seem really happy!”

“I am.”

“Can I know the reason?”

“You.”

“Yes me. I want to know the reason.”

“No I mean the reason is you. You told me something yesterday.”

I blinked twice. What did I said? Oh tell me please that I didn’t blubber my love for him.

“What did I say?” I started breathing heavily. He took a quick look at me before his eyes were back at the road.

“Well you didn’t say much but from the looks of it you have another big secret you don’t want to tell me.”

“I have a lot of secrets I don’t want to tell you. Please tell me what I blubbered about!”

“You admitted that you hit Shelly.”

I was mute. What should I say to that? I decided to sound cool. “Yeah I hit her. She wanted to cheat off my test so I hit her later.”

“You also told me that it was because you were jealous.”

“Pff, well that is just not true. I must be a big liar when I’m drunk.” I tried to laugh but it was awful, there was no way out.

“Come on sugar. No need to lie. You are already blushing.”

I leaned my head on the window. I am going to die from embarrassment.

“That was very sweet of you. To stood up for me like that.”

Wait? He likes it!!!!!? He won’t tease me?? I FUCKING LOVE JAKE.

“Yeah well…” I smirked. “I do that for people.”

“Thank you.”

“No problem, any time.” I was so full of myself.

I was late ten minutes but Jake came right after me saying he knew how girls were always late so he came ten minutes later. Sneaky bastard.

“You were off the hook last night.” He gave me his phone and played a video. There was me on the stage singing what a man with Angie. We were so drunk. People were screaming and whistling. Jake was right. We were off the hook. We sounded terrible but damn we were kind of cool.

“I hope that nobody remembers this.”

“Well…”                           

“What well…?”

“People have kind of asked me if I knew you because they have seen me with you so I said yes.”

“Why would they ask you that?”

“Because you’re kind of popular now. With the whole singing thing.”

 “I’m kind of popular?”

“Okay you got me, you’re popular.”

I chocked on my coffee. This can’t be happening. Oh no. I don’t want to be popular. People starring at me and popularity changes people. Have you ever watched mean girls? It’s scary!

“Shit.” I cursed.

“Oh come on it’s not that bad.”

“I hope so or I am switching schools.”

“You are crazy you know that. So tell me what happened with you and J.D.”

I told him the short story.

“ Nice work Jules.” He high-five me.

“So what should I do know?”

“Now you kiss him.”

“I’m sorry what?” I smiled. “I thought I heard that I need to kiss him.”

“Yeah, you need to kiss him.”

I laughed. “I’m sorry one more time. I guess I have a feather stuck in my ear I keep hearing things.”

“You need to kiss him.” He yelled louder.

“Are you saying I need to miss him?”

“Kiss him!”

“Diss him?”

Jake gave me a dangerous look. “If I have to say it one more time I swear…”

“Ugh, sorry. I hoped I was hallucinating you saying that. I’m sorry but I can’t do it.” I sighed.

“Well then at least make him do it.”

“How do I do that?” I fussed.

“I don’t know .I’m not a girl. Show him your boobs or something.”

“You’re right you are not a girl and I’m not showing him my boobs.”

“What if we make out and he is jealous and…”

“No way. I’m not doing that again.” I remembered the Mark skim. Actually that worked.

“I don’t know Jules. This is the first time I don’t know what advice to give.”

“I’m just afraid he won’t do anything until I do something and I know I’ll never make the first move and…”

“You think too much. Just go with the flow.”

“Okay.” I nodded my head. “I’ll try to let things go with the flow.”

“Now finish that coffee we are going to get something to eat. I’m hungry.”

I heard his stomach roared. “Sure Jake.”

We were waiting ten minutes for a damn hamburger when some girls from school smiled at us. I mean probably smiled at Jake.

“Well they like you.” I looked at him. “Me?” I pointed at me. “Do you really think they were smiling at me?”

“That was not a flirt smile if that’s what you suggest. I know a flirt smile when I see it. That was I want to be your friends smile.”

I started laughing. No fucking way.

“You don’t trust me.”

“No!”

“Why not?”

“Because I’m not cool or attractive or anything to be a popular person or to make someone be friends with me.”

“After what you did last night you sure are.”

“Oh please.”

“Fine, come here.” He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards some guys.

“Hey.” Jake smiled at him.

“What’s up bro?” They greeted him. What the hell was he doing?

“I need to ask you guys something.”

“Sure, what do you want to know?” One of them smiled at me.

“Do you think she’s hot?” He pulled me in front of them. I blushed. I am going to kill him later. What was he doing?

“Yeah , I would do her.” The one that smiled before now was checking me out head to toe. I feel like I’m on a top shop sale.

“Hey isn’t she the one that sang yesterday.” Another one smiled. This wasn’t going to end well. I have a feeling.

“Yeah , this is Julie.” I shook hands and smiled.

“Are you dating J.D?” The one then before, with the big brown eyes and freakily hot body asked me.

“No.” Not yet. I sighed. Why did he ask me that?

“Well, maybe we can go out sometimes. I have a karaoke machine at my place. Maybe we can duet.” He winked at me. Before I realized what his “DUET” meant he already left. I was still speechless. He…he..I…Jake…

“There you go. People love you.” I counted to three and then started beating the shit out of Jake.

“I am going to kill you.”  I yelled as loud as I can.

“Oh come on. I just wanted to show you how hot you were. And popular.” He tugged away and ran a few meters away.

“You better pray I don’t catch you.” I yelled and ran after him.

After ten minutes of running I sat on a bench and took a deep breath. I was no match for a jock who could run faster then a rabbit. He came and sat next to me.

“Why were you so upset about?”

I didn’t talk to him.

“Don’t be mad Jules. I was just trying to help.”

Silent treatment it is.

“Will you just tell me what are you mad about?”

“Is it because he said that?”

I turned my head away.

“Oh sweetheart I’m sorry. I didn’t want to make you uncomfortable. But he won’t hurt you. I thought you would love being worshiped by guys.”

Not if I was feeling like a whore and he was a pimp.

“Jules, I apologize.”

“I just don’t get it why guys have to be so direct.”

“It’s obviously a touchy subject for you. I promise I won’t do it again.”

“You better don’t.” I smiled lightly.

“Okay. Now how about ice cream.”

“You just ate.”

“I’m a jock. I need more food. And my sugar is low.”

“Fine, come on.” I stood up and we went for ice cream.

Wooo so that's it for this chapter. I hope you like it ♥♥♥ Interesting things are coming... 

Comment and vote please

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

252 0 32
River isn't your standard 'good girl.' She never went to Uni, works every day of the week and participates in illegal street races. She uses the body...
high school Від shanae segree

Підліткова література

44 1 7
In high school days
1.7K 40 21
You know the moment when you fall in love with a special someone. You expect high expectations and expect nothing to ever go wrong. We'll that's the...
1.1K 95 44
We all grew up ready books where the innocent sweet naive girl falls for the troubled boy with a dark a dark past. We grew up rooting for the girl to...