Selected

By ashluvspups

Brooke Rose Everdeen never wanted to be selected. She didn't want to marry the oh so famous Jackson Schreave... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Not a Chapter :P
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Contest!
Chapter 27
Trust me. You'll want to read this.
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Im backkkk

Chapter 23

2.1K 75 18
By ashluvspups

"This dress flatters you unbelievably!" Veronica said as she smoothed the golden silk to the floor.

"You are such a good designer! We could really use you down there." Amber said with a wink.

I giggled and stared into my reflection. The gold dress looked absolutely stunning. I can't belive I'm even capable of designing something this glamorous! My hair was done up in twists and curls with little gold beads placed here and there. My makeup was done to match my golden theme and the shoes . . . all I can say is that I might have back pain after tonight. I look like a queen. I thought breathless. Obviously, I couldn't be more beautiful then Queen America. But I looked queen like and beautiful in my own way.

"Ok, your good to go! Good luck miss!" Melody practically sang.

And then I was off, like a simple and plain maiden was off to a ball.

£££££££££££££

Madeline and Mia gasped when they saw me."Brooke! I'm honestly going to steal your maids!" Madeline said teasingly.

I laughed as I embraced her.

"Always outshining us all, huh?" Mia said with a small smile. I couldn't tell if she was joking or not.

"Wow." I heard behind me. I turned to meet a pair of blue eyes that have been haunting my dreams. Jackson looked at me, gaping and speechless. I curtsied and Madeline and Mia followed suit.

"Your Highness." I said sounding a lot more confident then I was.

Jackson smiled, the smile that I have been daydreaming of for weeks.

"Is it alright if I speak to Lady Brooke for a moment?" Jackson asked polietly. Madeline and Mia nodded and left without another word. Dejavu.

"You look unbelievably amazing." Jackson said looking at my attire.

I blush and smiled, "thank you, your highness."

Jackson frowned. "Darling, you know how I hate to be called that."

"As well as I'd prefer if you didn't call me that." I said looking down at his shoes.

His frown got deeper and it was quiet for a minute.

"I wanted to ask if we can speak for a moment, after the report." He asked, with sincere hope in his eyes.

I sighed and shrugged. "I don't see why not."

He smiled and my heart did a flip. How is it that someone can have so much power over me? Someone I thought I would never fall in love with, much less meet.

"Take your seats everyone!" Jillian yelled and clapped her hands.

"I'll see you later tonight then." Jackson said putting his hands in his pockets.

"Until then." I said as I turned around to get to my seat. My face was probably already as red as Natalie's dress.

£££££££££££££££

We all took our seats, I sat in the second row by Madeline and Chelsea.

The light went on, signaling that the camera was on and live.

"Good afternoon Illèa!" Gavril said with an awestruck grin. "Before we start the program, we have a few announcements from our beloved King Maxon." Applause echoed across the room.

King Maxon reached the podium and smiled.

To be honest, our King had to be maybe around 39? But before the Selection he didn't look a day over 28. But either the Selection aged him or something else. He now is using glasses and has dark under circles. He has a couple of grey hairs in his honey blonde hair. Even something took a tole on Queen America. She looked so stressed and her cheeks seemed so sulken. Her pregnant belly was growing bigger. She was at maybe 7 months by now? She should be glowing at this point.
She seemed so frail.

"Good Afternoon Illèa. We have updates on the Southern Rebels. They were extinct 20 years ago but have recently returned in the past couple years. We have had hard attacks in our Queens hometown, Carolina, York, and Paloma. The attacks have seem to worsen at the start of the Selection. We are doing everything in our power to put a stop to this. Thank you." King Maxon stepped away from the podium and sat back down on his throne seat.

"We have a special treat for all of you! The Selection is very much still alive! We have 25 beautiful ladies remaining! Prince Jackson is going to have to step it up! We're not even half way! Now for that special treat, ladies and gentlemen of Illèa, you all get a sneak peek of all the dates this past week! And here you have it!"

A screen showed all kinds of dates: movies, horse back riding, archery, lunch and dinner dates, all were unique and creative. But there was a small detail that maybe only I catched,

I was the only one who wasn't in the film.

£££££££££££££££

About an hour after the Report, there was a knock at the door.

"Crap." I muttered as my maids were untying my tight corset.

"I'll just go and tell him to give you a minute." Amber said walking to the door.

"Make that 5." I said as we stepped into my closet to hide.

I heard Amber say something then that's when I heard his voice. My heart leaped into my throat. It was starting to become a routine.

Melody and Veronica finished undoing my dress and they handed me a robe and night gown to throw on. I looked at the mirror in the closet and pulled my curls to the side, actually looking quite pretty for once.

I stepped out and was met by a eager looking Jackson. Amber, Veronica, and Melody left without another word.

He smiled and pulled out a single red rose. "Just thought you might want it."

How does he remember small details like this?

I smiled and accepted it without a word.

"Let's sit." I said as I walked to the couches overlooking the view of the garden. He followed me and right about when I was about to take a seat in the cream colored sofa, I tripped and would've landed face first and maybe broken my nose if it weren't for Jackson. He caught me by my waist and steadied me.

I burst out laughing. "I have the worst balance issues."

He chuckled, "It's alright, I'll always be here to catch you when you fall."

I blushed and turned to face him, just now realizing that his hands were still on my hips. He seemed to realize it at the same time, and awkwardly let go.

I quickly sat down and crossed my legs, which was a habit now.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked playing with the end of my robe.

He sat down across from me and let out a big sigh.

"We haven't spoken much since that night." He said, meeting my eye.

I slightly looked down. "There's a lot to think about."

"A-all I ever think about is you." He seemed at a lost for words.

Likewise.

"You've been on mind ever since. Your laugh, your smile, the way you walk and talk. I see you from afar, having a good time, and when I get the courage to come and speak to you, you become cold and distant."

Because I'm afraid of loving you when I know I can't have you.

"And it's killing me. Eating me from the inside out. Do you understand how frustrating it is not to be the reason you smile or laugh? I'm supposed to run a country one day when I can't even talk to the you without breaking a sweat. There's just something about you... And I've fallen hard for you. What do you want? I can give you anything, just name it darling."

What did I want?

"I don't want anything. I could care less about the jewels and dresses. All I ever wanted was just to be loved."

"And I can give that to you." Jackson said looking more confident.

"I can tell your not ready to express it yet. Or that your just not quite feeling it. But that's the point of the competion. You have so many different opinions and you have all the time in the world to pick out the woman of your dreams. And if you didn't like this batch, you can always get another 35 girls at the snap of your fingers. We're still so early into the competition, I could tell your confused. Don't jump into something your going to regret. I'll tell you the same thing I told you that night. It's not fair to you nor I to just jump into something we're both not sure of. And it's not fair to the other girls and especially you, because you would be very dissapointed with the person you woke up to every morning."

"I highly doubt that."

"There's still so many things I don't know about you and so many things you don't know about me... Promise me something?"

He nodded, looking unsure.

"Give the other girls a real chance, you'll never know if the girl of your dreams could be next door."

"Or standing in front of me." He said with a small smile. "But you need to promise me something in return."

I nodded, probably looking unsure.

"If your one of the final 2, and I pick you, will you say yes then?"

"What other choice do I have?" I said with a playful smile.

That one sentence made him look more bright then the sun.

"But," I said holding up a finger. "if it does come down to that, you need to be 100% positive that you want to spend the rest of your life with me."

"Okay. Now, shall we shake on it? " He said with a mischievous grin.

I laughed and we shook hands, gosh it felt so good to touch him.

"Maybe for now we should just be friends. Just so it's fair for the other girls. " I said biting my lip.

He sighed, "If that's what you want. But can we be friends with benefits?" He asked with an eyebrow raised and a huge grin.

I burst out laughing. "As you wish." I said secretly liking the idea.

He smiled and then looked at his watch. "I better get back to work." He said standing. Instead with him and walked him to the door.

As we were at the door, something felt empty. As if the moment was missing something.

I looked up at him and bit my lip, not quite sure what I was asking for. He seemed to be thinking the same thing.

He bent down and met my lips slowly at first. The kiss that I've longed for, for so long. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. The kiss was at first slow but sped up to the part where I knew he missed it to. It is was like we were making up for lost time. Our lips moved in harmony with each other, fitting perfectly. He kissed the corner of my mouth and see a trail of small kissed to the nape of my neck. He trailed back up and met my lips again. He gently tugged me to him and I accidentally let out a small moan. That seemed to make him think to keep going as he lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his middle. His hands were tangled in my hair. And he started walking towards the bed.

Crap, that heated up fast.

He set me on the bed and slowly broke the kiss, savoring every moment. We were both nonstop smiling. He looked at me and put a stray hair back in place.

"Benefits, huh?" I said with a saucy smile.

"Very lovely benefits." He said with a smirk.

He leaned to my ear and whispered, the hot air giving my shivers. "One is these days, your going to wake up in my arms every morning for the rest of your life."

I raised an eyebrow. "We'll see your Highness." I said with a smirk.

He met my eyes and rolled his eyes.

"I guess I'll have to fight hard for you then."

"Shouldn't I be the one fighting for you?"

He shrugged. "Every Selection is unique."

I laughed silently and pulled him in for one last kiss. This one was more gently given, but it was amazing. It was every kiss that was needed in our time apart.

"Gosh, I missed you." I whispered as we broke apart.

"You have no idea how many times you've haunted my dreams." He said playing with a curl.

I smiled and slightly pushed him. "You better get to work or else you'll never leave."

He laughed and straighten out his tie.

"Goodnight, darling."

"Goodnight, your highness."

We both chuckled slightly as I watched him leave the room. And then he was gone.

I lay down and sighed. This is exactly what I needed.

I guess I'm just going to let me heart feel and my mind think and see who wins in the end.

WHOOOO THEY'RE BACK!!! Com'n, even I'll admit that Brooke was starting to annoy me with being all distant and cold. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Vote and comment what your favorite part was! Also, what do you think would be a good ship name for Brooke and Jackson? Thoughts in comments! Have a fabulous Saturday and see ya soon!

<3 Ashley

Check out my instagram: selection_is_life

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.1K 851 45
Cover by: @Be_Crazy25 Prince Maxon Calix Schreave, every girl's dream man. And it will always be a dream because guys like Maxon aren't in the real w...
1.1K 37 21
The Selection is progressing well and everything is more than fine for America Singer. That is, until King Clarkson has gotten sick of seeing his son...
62.4K 736 44
After Maxon and America's selection America and Maxon have four children. When the eldest comes of age a new selection shell begin. Annabelle only jo...
222K 7.4K 47
The Selection Fan Fiction "I, Clarissa Dossen, will never be free from the cage of other people's choices." Clarissa Dossen is a 17 year...