Red Lighter ✧ John Murphy

By Breathe_Me

***Sequel to Skyfall.*** The story of Murphy and Venus had seemingly come to an end after the accident that... More

Description and A/N
I - Fire
II - His Salvation
III - Great Big Storm
IV - Sacrifice
V - Spacewalker
VI - Belladonna
VII - Home, Sweet Home
VIII - What About Her?
X - Double Shot
XI - Wash Off Harris
XII - Drone
XIII - So We Could Live
XIV - Artery
XV - I Need Him
XVI - Drunk
XVII - Pistol
XVIII - Hold Onto Me
XIX - Letting Go
XX - You'll Always Be The One
Author's Note - WATTYS :D
XXI - Yes, No, Maybe So?
XXII - Artificial Intelligence
XXIII - Unlocked
XXIV - Radio
XXV - I Wish I Lost
XXVI - Old... Friends?
XXVII - Never Again
XXVIII - Chris & A.L.I.E
XXIX - Why Would You Do That?
XXX - Don't Leave Me
XXXI - ABC's of Murphy
XXXII - Bon Voyage
XXXIII - Again
XXXIV - So Have You
XXXV - Prisoner
XXXVI - Acceptance
XXXVII - The Way We Do Things
XXXVIII - Defiance
XXXIX - The Tyrant
XL - Semet
XLI - Leave The Shore
XLII - Nothing
XLIII - Ontari
XLIV - Deepens
Author's Note - Sorry
XLV - Left Behind
XLVI - No Longer My Own
XLVII - What I Do Best
XLVIII - Forgotten
XLIX - Lost
L - Don't Trust Me
LI - Energy
LII - Took You Away
LIII - Rage
LIV - Choke
LV - Alternative
LVI - Another War
LVII - Predator & Prey
Epilogue
THE FEELS ARE REAL GUYS

IX - Never Regret It

7.1K 263 203
By Breathe_Me

July 14th, 2015

Hiya. :) So I really have nothing to say about this chapter. 

WAIT. YES I DO.

I made a video for the 100, to the song Radioactive by Imagine Dragons. I know, kind of cliche, but I used a cover of the song, so it's a little different. ^_^ The link is above.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Nine

We had been walking through the "dead zone", as Jaha called it, for hours. It had taken us more than a day to make it out of the forest, and the dead zone seemed to go on forever. An endless scene of sun and sand, with not a soul in sight.

Perhaps that's why they called it the dead zone.

"You know, I never actually asked you, Murphy... But how did you get arrested?"

He sighed, shoving his hands into his pockets. "I murdered someone."

"Why?" I hadn't meant to be so blunt, but it came out like that.

He looked over at me, a blank expression coming onto his face.

"Embege and I went out one night. Some drunk dick picked a fight with him, neither of us knew his name. But that didn't stop him from coming at John. He almost stabbed Embege, so I punched him. I guess I did it pretty hard, because the next thing I knew, his head hit the corner of the bar counter and there was a puddle of blood right beside his forehead," he sighed. "I killed somebody, and I still don't even know the bastard's name."

I bit my lip. "It's not your fault, I hope you know that."

He smiled. "You know, since I came down here, I haven't regretted it. Not one bit."

"Why not?"

"Because Jaha is right. I never would have met you if I didn't."

I couldn't help the smile that came onto my face.

"And yeah. I know that you were awake the whole time," he smirked. "Why do you think I changed the subject?" He reached over and put the hood of my jacket up, protecting my head from the sun.

I that led him stayed quiet for a while, then asked the question that I has completely unsure of. "Do you think we'll actually find it?"

He removed his arm from my shoulders, taking my hand again and leading me up a large sand dune that seemed similar to a hill. "We don't even know if it's real," he muttered.

I sighed. "You didn't answer the question."

He smirked. "To be honest, I don't know."

I smiled at him, and as we neared the top of the hill, I noticed something in the distance. "Hey, Murphy," he glanced back at me, then looked to where I was staring. "What is that? Is it a cart?"

He squinted into the light, shielding his eyes from the sun. "Yeah, I think so... But what's a cart doing in the middle of the desert?" he asked, and I didn't have an answer.

I saw Jaha walking down the hill, and followed after him, going past two skeptical-looking men on the way down. Murphy was behind me.

"What's the matter? You two got someplace better to be?" he asked them.

We were soon near the cart. I heard someone ask Jaha if he saw anyone, to which Jaha simply shook his head. Murphy and I stayed a little further back, while the others walked closer.

Murphy and I both jumped back when a person suddenly leapt from the cart, shouting something in a language I didn't recognize as she pointed a knife at us. At least, I'm pretty sure it was a she, judging by the pitch of her voice.

"We mean you no harm," Jaha tried to reason with her. "Do you speak English?" he asked her.

"What do you want?!" she shouted.

"Nothing," Jaha replied. "It looks like you could use a hand. What are you doing out here alone?"

She seemed to get a little less defensive. She shoved her knife into her belt and removed the cloth that had been covering the lower half of her face.

"My brother and I were on our way to the city of light, and wastelander's attacked. They took our horse, all our water, everything. They killed him. This cart is all that I have left," she gestured to it sadly.

"Give her some water," Jaha said to no one in particular.

Murphy immediately reached into his bag, and I couldn't help but smile. I had seen a change in him. He actually cared about the lives of other's, because he now felt sympathetic towards some people.

Some guy came forwards and grabbed Murphy's arm. Murphy's reaction was somewhere between "how dare you" and "do not touch me, you incompetent imbecile". Something along those lines. He was quite the sassy person.

"No, we barely have enough for ourselves here," the man protested.

Murphy looked down at the man's hand on his arm, then glared down at him. "Touch me again and I'll end you," he said, pulling a canteen out of the bag and walking towards the girl. When he saw the way Jaha was looking at him, he sighed and turned back. "In a non-criminal way."

There it is.

There's the sass.

Murphy walked over to the girl, holding out a canteen filled with water. "It's okay," he reassured her when she eyed it suspiciously.

She took the canteen, eagerly taking a drink from it.

"We're on our way to the city of light as well," Jaha said. "What's your name?"

"Emori," she stated. "Everyone in the dead zone is looking for the city of light. Almost no one finds it. I can get you there," that caught everyone's attention. "If you pull my cart."

"Done," Jaha said, then spoke to a feet others as I went up behind Murphy.

"She was dehydrated. For all we know, that drink of water could have saved her life. How does that feel, Murphy?" I smiled.

His eyes went wide when he realized what he had done, and was still shocked as Emori thanked him for the water. "It-it's no problem."

*

It was later in the day now, and I had offered to be at the back of the group. A guard was in front of me, and Murphy and Emori were in front of him.

Murphy and Emori were both talking, while the guard slowed down to stand beside me.

"Hi," the guard said, smiling at me.

A guard. Smiling. Do you have any idea how odd that is?

"Hello," I replied.

The guard had blond hair that looked like it had been cut nearly to a buzz cut, but was grown out enough so that you could see the colour. He had bright green eyed and pale skin, with dimples on either side of his mouth and freckles covering his face like dots. All in all, he was actually very good looking.

I saw him glance down at my waist, the smile fading. "You know how to shoot that?"

"You don't need to be a guard to know how to shoot a gun," I sighed.

"I know... But the only other people who really know how to shoot them are the delinquents, and even they aren't very good."

"I am one of the delinquents."

"Are you a good shot?"

"The grounder with three bullets in his skull thinks so," I muttered.

His eyes widened. "You're the girl who took Marcus Kane's gun?"

I rolled my eyes. "I didn't take it. I borrowed it for less than ten seconds."

"Still... I'm surprised the other guards didn't kill you on the spot."

"They didn't kill me because they knew I'd rip their heads from their shoulders if they tried."

He stayed quiet, then realized who I was. "You're Venus... Aren't you?"

I nodded.

"I'm Jakob. I've heard a lot about you."

"Well, I'm sorry that I know nothing about you."

He smiled again. "I just became a guard a month ago. I wasn't really well known before then."

We stayed quiet for a few moments, before I spoke. "What about you? Are you a good shot?"

He grinned, nodding. He seemed proud of himself. "Yeah, I think so. At least, that's what the commander said."

I wanted to tell him that the commander was a complete and utter idiot, but I didn't want him to feel bad. "Well, who knows. Your aim might come into use."

He smiled again, and nodded to me. "Maybe."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 6.1K 55
"You say that you have a whole hell of problems, but you underestimate the hell I've been through," I murmur, as he tilts his head downwards towards...
696 326 24
VENUS SHIRE: Once in her career time, she feel scared to death. She can't understand what was happening now. She doesn't know what to do yet, all she...
118 15 11
"Even after many incidents or accidents She'll be only mine" *( A billionaire love story )* "I'm leading the best version of my life and he's back" ...
27.7K 799 30
(Completed) "In peace may you leave the shore. In love may you find the next. Safe passage on your travels. Until our final journey to the ground. M...