Alpha's Lone Witch

By dr3amstar

Andrew Crescent was cursed to have the memories of his reincarnation, William Crescent. The Trials, the war... More

Small Authors Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 15

4.4K 193 14
By dr3amstar

Picture of Cassandra Rain on the side!! -- >

Chapter 15

Meredith's POV

My black heels clicked loudly against the concrete floor, the sound echoing against the cave walls.

It felt strange being here; Just like Crescent Moons territory I had avoided this place for centuries. I couldn't even remember the last time I had been here.

I looked around the bare cave walls, nothing has changed. The walls were still wet with water but I knew better. Anyone who wasn't a Witch would look at these walls and automatically turn back. The liquid was spelled with compulsion, a very strong one at that

I faintly remembered assisting other Witches to cast the spell. I was the leader while the others assisted. That was when I was actually allowed to be a part of the Witches Gatherings.

I clicked my tongue, facing forward. I forced myself to push back those bitter thoughts. I hated coming here. This place was a constant reminder of how I'd betrayed my Sisters, my own kind. It was also a reminder of what they had done to me, how they had hurt me.

I sighed loudly, once again ignoring my thoughts. I didn't care, it was all in the past. I was happier this way, without all the commotion from the Witches I was at peace. Wandering the Earth without a care in the world, not following any rules but my own.

That was what I kept telling myself.

I looked down to my feet, expecting to see Val by my side. It was an odd feeling, not having her here with me. She always followed me around, even when I didn't want her to. This time though, she stuck by Andrew's side. I was more than shocked when I beckoned for her and -instead of coming to me- she ran to him.

Just thinking about him caused my thoughts to go back to the events that happened only two days ago. Seeing Ren had caused something in me to snap. I couldn't control myself, which was why Andrew had seen my weak side.

I expected him to take advantage of that, if he had done anything right then and there, I wouldn't have stopped him. My thoughts were in the past, my emotions angry. Despite my thoughts, the bond had made me want him to support me. It was as though I needed him to believe me, to know that I had nothing to do with Ren's incarnation.

It was his words that caused me to come out of my daze. You did nothing wrong, nothing wrong. His words constantly replayed in my mind, his reassurance. He knew absolutely nothing of Ren yet he was confident it me, he believed me in ways no one else had, just like William.

I stopped, looking up at the large metal doors. Just like Werewolves, Witches had a special insignia that indicated the leader.

Rosaline, the head of all Witches, had a simple design, a star within a circle; a Pentacle. The ends of each star touched the circle, each having a different meaning. Depending on your belief, each end had a different type of meaning. Some believed the meanings were of the elements, while others believed it was that of the mind and body.

Our belief was all. We believed the star meaning relate to both elements, the mind, the body, and the soul. It was strange, since the design was so simple. People would never expect such a design to be that of Witches but it was. In every spell, or any pendant, the Pentacle was always there. Whether it was barely visible, or very bold, it was there. Though throughout the years many artistic Witches have offered different designs, Rosaline's has stayed the same.

I smirked at that thought. She was still the same old, stubborn Witch I had known for years.

I dug through my original Prada purse for my Emma's pendant. The only way to get into room was to have your own pendant, indicating that you were a Witch. Because of the incident that took place back when I was cursed, my pendant was taken, leaving me with no way of entering any Gathering.

You could do anything to try to get in; push it open, run your car through it, blow it up. Nothing would work. If by some magic miracle the door did come down, you would not be able to enter. There would be an invisible force that prevented you from doing so. That was what the pendant was for.

After finding Emma's pendant through my mess, I held it up. I heard the creak of the door, and not seconds later the doors began to open with a loud noise. I flinched from the sound, these doors obviously needed to get oiled soon before the noise itself killed someone.

I sighed, throwing the pendant in my purse and making my way inside. The minute I stepped inside I was stopped, my body frozen in place. I gritted my teeth and tried to force my body to move but I couldn't.

"How dare you."

"What are you doing here."

"You betrayer."

"LEAVE!"

Suddenly I was pushed back, the force knocking me off my feet. I landed in a heap on the floor outside the door, my back and head pounding from the force of the Spirits.

I lifted myself with my elbows, glaring at the four Witches that appeared by the door. They were dressed in medieval clothing, though more modernized. Each wore a dark red or blue cloak with gold outlined at the ends. Their hoods were on though it didn't cover their face. They wore necklaces or bracelets with spells for protection and strength. They had weapons at their sides but they didn't use them. Witches were more powerful with spells then swords.

I knew they weren't the ones who pushed me back, it had been the Spirits of our deceased Sisters but that didn't mean I wasn't angry. It just so happened to be that these Witches stood before my wrath.

"Ouch." I snarled at them. Without using physical strength, I lifted myself off the ground with ease. I began making my way towards them, ready to show them their place.

The Witches took a small step back, feeling the power that emanated off of me. They knew that I was stronger than all four of them combined. Spiritual Witches were stronger than these guards, they could only pray that they didn't join them soon.

I glanced down at their feet, chanting a spell in my mind. Not even seconds later, the ground began to mold around their legs to keep them in place.

I heard their gasps and struggles but my mind was clouded with rage. It seemed now-a-days I'd had more difficulty controlling my emotions but I didn't care. At this moment, I simply wanted to hurt someone.

I smirked at them, getting closer and closer. Just as I passed the doors, I collided with an invisible wall causing me to take a step back.

I groaned, pinching the bridge of my nose. Using my other hand, I trailed it against the invisible wall that formed once again. I glared at the Witches before me, wanting to rub those smug faces of off their face.

Something within me seemed to snap. I slammed my hand against the invisible wall with much more power than necessary. I applied pressure onto my fingers, calling on more power than I should have been using. It took only a second before the invisible wall cracked slightly. The Witches jaws dropped, obviously both terrified and amazed of my power.

I knew in the back of my mind that using this much power was dangerous but I ignored the warning. Instead I continued to add pressure, feeling more than satisfied when the cracks grew and the wall began to tremble under my hands.

I was so close to breaking this barrier when suddenly her voice appeared from inside.

"Cease Meredithian!" Just as those words left her mouth, my hand was pushed off the wall and thrown behind me.

I ricocheted falling straight on my behind once again. I felt something in my hand crack, pain crawling up my arm. I sucked in a sharp breathe and looked up from the ground. My hair was covering my face but that didn't stop me from glaring at the old women standing behind the barrier.

My hair was a mess and I most likely looked like a monster. I was panting heavily and sweat coated my face. Using that much power always caused something to stir inside of me, something dangerous. I wasn't able to control my demon and this hadn't been the first.

"Meredithian." Rosaline shook her head at me in disappointment but I also saw the sadness behind those eyes.

I scoffed shaking my head, a smirk dancing on my lips. I pushed my hair back with my good hand and raised an impressed eyebrow at the old woman.

"Hello grandmother." 

Andrew's POV

I began pacing once again, feeling uneasiness fill my gut. Meredith was late. She had promised she would be back around 5pm. Now that it was almost 8, I was so close to ordering my men to check up on her.

"Calm down Andrew, I'm sure she's okay." Zach reassured, shuffling through a couple of papers on the table.

Zach and I had been going through new rounds and new forms of Protection. With Meredith here and Emma and Vivian gone, I felt our Pack needed to be more strict about Hunters. I couldn't afford any mistakes, and Zach agreed.

"She's late." I huffed, crossing my arms across my chest.

"She's strong and honestly she can take care of herself. Our Luna is strong." Zach said the last part with a lazy grin.

I frowned at that but didn't reply. Meredith still showed no sign of staying longer than our arrangement. No matter how hard I tried, it just seemed to make things worse. Things hadn't changed, even after the events two days ago. Meredith had showed signs of weakness and instead of bringing us closer, she seemed to be pushing me away more than she normally would. I never brought the topic up, but something about Ren was tugging at the back of my mind. It was as though there was a memory about William that I had forgotten or never remembered.

I sighed, running my hands through my already messy hair. I needed a way to get Meredith to stay. I was almost running out of options. I had taken her to the most expensive and amazing stores in the city. We'd look at the views from the hills and simply relax around the town but it was nothing to her. It was why I had only one option left and I was hoping it would work.

"I can't wait to meet her, Zach talks about her all the time. I'm so excited!" Cassandra, Zach's mate, exclaimed.

Cassandra was one of the most convivial person I had ever met. Not only was she kind, but she was preppy and playful as well. She didn't get offended easily -which was a good thing considering Meredith's cold demeanor- she was strong and easy to get along with. The whole Pack loved Cassandra's sociability. Back when I was still a teen, people had assumed Cassandra and I would be mated together.

But we all knew better. Zach was Cassandra's reincarnated mate. We didn't know that in the beginning but after Zach gained the memories of his past, he knew Cassandra was the one. The two of them were practically inseparable except when Zach had to go away on trips of course.

I was happy for the two of them. Back when William lived Collin, his beta, had a mate that was brutally murdered. Her body's remains were spread out on a field as a sign of war. Collin had gone mad and let the animal side of him take over. Zach had told me this story many times; he had nightmares that one day he would wake up and Cassandra wouldn't be there. Instead she would be in the front yard in pieces.

I didn't know how many times Zach had come over with the same haunted look on his face. He couldn't take his eyes off of her for a second in fear she would disappear. Whenever we left or he came with me on rounds, he would have Cassandra with his parents along with mine for protection. It was why I hated asking Zach to come out with me, knowing he would have to leave his mate.

"Don't be hurt when she mentions how annoying you are." Zach teased.

"I'm not annoying." Cassandra huffed.

"Course you're not babe." Zach kissed the side of her head.

Cassandra narrowed her eyes playfully at him but said nothing. I shook my head at these two with a small smile, temporarily forgetting about my worries.

That was, until I heard the front door bang open. I snapped my head towards the door, breathing a sigh of relief when Meredith walked through. My relief disappeared in seconds when I noticed her state. Her clothes were covered in dirt, her hair sticking up in all places. From the side of her neck I noticed a small dried up trail of blood. She had cuts on her arm and cheeks.

I felt my Wolf surface. "Who did this to you." I growled.

Meredith turned her head to give me a bored look. "Rosaline." She simply stated.

My anger faltered slightly. "The mistress of Witches Rosaline?" I questioned.

Meredith nodded, "Well," She corrected, "It was more the guards but no worries. It's all taken care of." She smirked.

I frowned at her, my Wolf settling down. "Was it an accident?"

Meredith shrugged. "Don't know, don't care." She walked over towards the couch, taking off her black heeled boots in the process.

I glanced over and saw Zach holding hands with a very excited looking Cassandra. Her forest green eyes were practically bulging out of their sockets as she stared at Meredith. I didn't know if Meredith didn't notice them or if she was ignoring them. Whatever it was I was hoping for the former. Zach and Cassandra were my best friends in the Pack, I wanted Meredith to get along with them.

With a content sigh, Meredith submerged into the couch. She had her eyes closed and her arm lazily hung on the top of the couch.

Cassandra, along with her short brown hair, was bouncing up and down while I whistled for Val. In times like these, it seemed only Val could have Meredith in a good mood.

"Hi!" Cassandra suddenly chirped, her patience long gone. "I'm Cassandra Rain!" She stuck her hand out, waiting for Meredith to introduce herself.

Meredith opened her eyes lazily, staring at Cassandra with a blank look. She didn't seem to care that she was even in the room or in our house.

"Meredith." She replied, her voice flat.

"Well Meredith, I can already tell we are going to be great friends!" Cassandra beamed.

"Whatever." Meredith mumbled, getting more comfortable on the couch.

I frowned at that. I didn't want her to sleep on the couch. If she was so tired, would have liked it better if she went to her room. I opened my mouth to say something but got cut off when Val entered the room. Immediately Val went to Meredith and snuggled on the couch with her.

I walked over towards the reclining couch beside Meredith and sat down. I wanted to touch Meredith hoping to sooth her but I refrained from doing so. I didn't want her to be uncomfortable.

"Wow! Is that your cat? I love cats. I've always wanted a cat but I obviously couldn't get one. Cats tend to get scared around us, especially Zach here since he's a Beta. He gives off that scary vibe you know? Well, that and I guess he is kind of scary, but not all the time! He's really nice, and kind and caring and -oh look at me, blabbing about my mate. I'm sure you don't care. But, what was I talking about?" Cassandra paused, not even out of breath.

"Cat's." Zach and I said simultaneously.

"Oh!" Cassandra's eyes brightened. "That's right! We were talking about your cat, Valeria right? Or was it something else? I don't really remember what Andrew told me, the name sounded beautiful though! I wish I had a beautiful name, I mean Cassandra? It makes me sound all old and sophisticated. As you can tell, I am by far sophisticated. I like to talk, and I like to meet new people. You like to meet new people Meredith? Considering your immortal and everything you probably met everybody right? Like the Queen and Kings of England and probably Da vinci. I mean, how old are you even? Zach thinks that you're at least 300 since you were alive when the Trials happened but I personally think you-"

Meredith abruptly sat up, her eyes staring daggers at Cassandra.

Zach, who had previously been shuffling through papers, noticed Meredith cold glare and sat up looking alert. I sat tensed, waiting for Meredith's next move. I knew Cassandra was over doing it when she started talking about her name but I didn't interrupt. Now I knew that I should have been the one to stop her rant.

Everybody, but Cassandra of course, sat tensely waiting for Meredith to do something.

"You are by far the most annoying and talkative Werewolf I have ever met." Meredith finally insulted.

Zach relaxed slightly but didn't let his guard down. I was glad Meredith didn't do anything, not that I thought she would.

"Aw," Cassandra placed her hand over her heart. "You are mean."

Meredith's eyes widened a fraction but she said nothing. Instead she leaned back, staring at Cassandra with strange eyes.

"Valeriana is her name." Meredith stated, petting Val on her lap.

If possible, Cassandra's smile widened.

I like her. She mind linked both Zach and I.

I tuned Cassandra out as she began making conversations with Meredith. It was mostly Cassandra who was talking but I was glad Meredith was participating. I didn't know whether this meant she was warming up to Cassandra or if she was secretly hoping Cassandra would stop talking.

Zach gave me a cheesy grin. Admit it, my mate is amazing. He said through our mind link.

I smiled at him. She is indeed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Admit it, you guys love me! Hope you enjoyed! What do you think about Cassandra? Ye? Ne? 

Song - 

Comment and vote if you'd like :)!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

326K 6.1K 41
WARNING: This novel contains some mature content. -------------------------------------- "You're a virgin?" He teased. "Yeah..."...
243K 6.2K 52
I WROTE THIS IN MY TEEN YEARS AND HAS GRAMMAR MISTAKES AND SOME PARTS DON'T MAKE SENSE. I DONT WANT TO DELETE IT BECAUSE ITS DOING SO GOOD. Alex...
4.9K 101 9
*UNDER MAJOR RE-WRITING* When George Michael dies on Christmas Day, 2016, his best friend and former band-mate, Andrew Ridgeley, will have to face th...
89 27 7
Life is an enigmatic journey, filled with twists and turns, but one thing remains certain - its inevitable end. Andrew Anderson, a brilliant young ge...