Reckless || Harry Styles AU

Od narryhugme

"How do you think your parents would react to your success if they were still here today?" ... Jessica Steele... Viac

first part of revised edition of "Reckless" now up!
before you read (:
1: walk straight and don't trip
2: thank you
3: go
4: jessy
5: happy days
6: fun times
7: hurricane harry
8: elephant in the room
9: jess goes quiet
10: spilt beans
11: fine dining
12: muse
13: firecrackers
14: change of heart
15: control
16: a little party never killed nobody
17: decisions
18: pick up lines and ice cream
19: closer
20: heart out
21: it's not over yet
22: hellos and goodbyes
23: rehashing
24: a needed visit
25: needed
26: trouble
27: stories of their lives
28: faith
29: reality isn't real
30: change
31: breathe
32: home is just home
33: boys will be boys
34: feelings
35: what's right and what's wrong
36: have fun
37: hold my heart
38: turning tables
39: anatomies
40: the calm
41: before the storm
42: happy birthday jess
43: falling into place
45: TOKYO, JAPAN
46: restless
47: wake up call
48: all okay
49: privacy
50: perspective
51: support and criticism
52: what we thought
53: recollect
a/n: please read ! (:
54: wildfire
55: inevitable
56: hold back
57: soon
58: attempt
59: reliance
60: another one
61: responses
62: talk about it (part 1)
63: talk about it (part 2)
a/n: sequel info
Q&A
64: real
65: public rendezvous
66: GOOD FOR YOU.
67: STEELE.
68: FAMILY.
THE SEQUEL IS UP
hiiii...3 years later

44: happy birthday harry

46.9K 1.3K 761
Od narryhugme

GIF IS FROM MY CONCERT ON 7/11 & THE VIDEO IS ONE I TOOK & ITS SO GOOD & HARRY THREW WATER AT ME AND I WAS SOAKING WET AND IM NOT WASHING THE OUTFIT I WORE. OK IM DONE.

Comment & vote to get this story higher than #13 (;

#OhNoLouis

Jess

"All aboard the choo choo train, all aboard the choo choo train, all ab--"

"I'm gonna give you one chance to shut the hell up or you're not getting in this plane," I warn Devin.

He gives me a sassy look so I take off the fedora I was wearing and frisbee it over at his face. He slaps it away from him and it hits the ground.

Harry, who was behind him, picks it up with one swoop down to the ground, and places it on top of his head.

"Tok-y-o! Tok-y-o! Tok-y-o!" Devin starts chanting instead. This time, I turn around and lunge forward, causing him to fall back and almost take a spill down the stairs.

James erupts in laughter and Devin turns around and shoves him.

"No rough housing on the stairs!" Jane directs everyone. I jog up the last few steps and set my bag on one of the couches inside and sit next to it.

James, Devin, Patrick, and Harry follow inside. The others were taking a different flight to Tokyo, mostly to do things like spend time with their significant others before a world tour. Those in this flight were either single (Devin, James, and Patrick) or dating the person they were flying with (Harry and I).

"Does this thing carry joy juice?" Patrick asked to no one in particular. He went to one of the seats, furthest from one of the windows. He hated flying if it wasn't obvious.

Jane pointed him in the right direction for alcoholic beverages and soon after, we were ready for take off. We were taking a couple stops on our way to Tokyo, simply because it was such a long venture. 11 and a half hours.

When we'd arrive in Japan, it'd already be Harry's birthday there. Though, we all agreed to celebrate it UK time.

Yes, I had gotten him a couple of gifts from YSL, but what I got him did not come close in comparison to what he'd gotten me. So, my mind was still racing with thoughts of what else I could possibly get him.

"You can't hog the gummy stuff, Jess," James complained, getting up and sitting next to me. He reached for the gummy worms but I moved them out of his reach. He frowned and reached for them and instead of pulling them away again, I sighed and let him have some.

He put a triumphant grin on his face and gave me a light, "Thanks, Jess."

"I feel loved. You never share that crap with me," Patrick points, lounging his feet up on the seat beside him.

I take out a gummy worm from the bag and fling it over at him. He's startled by the flying candy, but recovers quickly to take it off of his lap and eat it.

"Jess! Can you help me with something?" Harry shouts from an area of the jet that's separated by a curtain. Behind that curtain was the bathroom and a small cot; it's basically a mini bedroom.

I put the gummy worms into James' hands and get up from the couch and walk through the curtain dividers. I instantly was facing Harry and soon after realizing so, his lips were on mine. His hands came up to cradle my face as his lips first captured my top lip and then my bottom.

His hands grasped my waist, pulling me towards him and my hands stayed tangled in his hair. This was definitely something I'd never ever get tired of.

After a minute or two of making out, I decide that this wasn't the most appropriate place for this to be happening.

I pull away, breathless and smiling. Harry kisses the tip of my nose.

"Hello," he chimes, his dimples on full display.

"Hi. What was that for?"

He just keeps smiling and holding my face.

I laugh. "What?" I couldn't look away from his eyes.

He suddenly had a sheepish look in his face. "Do you remember the last time we were behind a curtain in a plane?"

Memories of a couple months ago, back when I didn't know how to carry on my feelings for Harry, flashed in my mind.

"Look at the big picture. You know soon enough I'll have to be involved in some kind of PR stunt. We can't, Harry. When it comes down to it, it doesn't matter how I feel. I can't afford to lose you either."

"You'd never lose me, Jessy. You know that."

"We just can't. Let's pretend this never happened, okay? Go back to being our normal selves."

"Just one time. One kiss. Then we can go back to normal," he whispered, his voice raspy.

I looked into his eyes and nodded. It wasn't much of a nod. I barely moved my head, but Harry caught it and instantly his hands cupped my face and his warm lips dropped onto mine.

That moment seemed like it was years in the past. So much had changed since then.

I laughed in embarrassment and leaned my head forward into his chest. "Oh my god."

He ran his fingers through my hair and kissed the top of my head.

"When you ran away after I kissed you!" He joked, his chuckle vibrating his chest.

"I didn't run away," I defend.

"It was my mad kissing skills, huh? Too much for you."

"Totally." I roll my eyes and fist the bottom of his shirt in my hands. I pull him towards me and brush my lips with his.

"We should go on a date once we get to Europe," he suggests lightly, playing with my fingers absentmindedly.

"Yeah?"

He nods. "Yeah."

I smile and look down at where he's twisting my ring around my finger.

I nod my head. "Okay."

"Okay?" A smile brightens his face.

"Mhm." I nod again.

Suddenly he pulls away and takes a couple strides over to the cot and lies down, resting his hands on his stomach.

"Come lie down," he chimes.

I laugh, looking at the lack of space there was because of his incredibly long body.

"There are perfectly comfortable and spacious couches just out there," I return, motioning towards the curtain.

He cocks his head to the side as he looks over at me. "Oh, come on, love. That's no fun."

I sigh. "Well, where am I gonna lay?"

He pats his chest and I start laughing again. I walk over to the side of the cot and look down at him. He grabs my arms and tries to pull me on top of him but I pull back with all of my weight and end up yanking him onto the ground.

The force of him hitting the ground sent a loud noise throughout the plane. The plane anxiety filled person in me freaking out for a good five seconds until I realized that the plane wasn't going to crash because Harry fell. After that, I busted up laughing, both he and I sitting on the floor.

"What in Sam's hell are you two doing?" Patrick walks in with his arms crossed and a blanket in his hands.

When he sees us laughing on the floor, he huffs and throws the blanket at us, mumbling, "I hate you guys."

•••

After we landed somewhere in Europe for a one hour layover, we jumped back into the jet and continued our venture to Tokyo, Japan. Once we broke the four hour barrier, my excitement jumped ten notches.

I was performing in a stadium for over thirty-five thousand people. In Japan! They don't even speak the same language as I do and they know me!

I couldn't stop moving in the jet. I'd keep getting up to go to the bathroom to simply stare at my reflection and put my hair either up or down--depending on what I changed it to the previous time. Eventually, Harry made me sit beside him with his arms secured tightly around me so I wouldn't get up again. Not that I was complaining about this new position or anything.

"The 60 Minutes crew will be recording you as soon as we land. Just a head's up," Jane said when we had two hours until landing.

She was wearing sweats and a tee shirt which was completely out of character for her, but I was glad to see her relaxing. It was just unfortunate that the only time she did kick back was on a 12 hour flight.

"'Kay," I respond quietly because Harry had fallen asleep. I really did not want to wake him up either. His arms were somewhat around me and his head was on my shoulder and I could hear his soft snores in my ear.

I jumped when I felt something wet hit my cheek. The shot of water came from in front of me. From the guy with a freaking water gun in his hand.

"How the hell did you get a water gun onto a plane?" I hiss at Devin.

"Shush. It's a water catapult. Don't use that sort of language." He shoots at me again and the water hits me in the eye. I flinch and move my hands to cover my face. In my movements, Harry bolted awake.

I watched him rub the sleep out of his eyes and turn his torso from side to side, stretching. Then he was attacked with a water gun as well. He gave a loud, "Oi!".

"Hey, man, happy birthday in Tokyo!" Devin shouts, dropping the water gun and throwing his hands up into the air.

A small smile appeared on Harry's face. "Thanks, bro."

"You get like three birthdays from us," Patrick adds, scrolling through his phone.

"How so?"

"Japan, UK, and U.S.."

Harry smirks and nods his head. "Nice," he drawls.

"Is your family coming to Japan to celebrate with you?" Patrick asks.

Harry shrugs. "My sister has been talking to me about coming to the first show. My mom, dad, and step-dad aren't, though."

"Gemma's coming?" I asked. She'd never texted me about it.

"Maybe. She wasn't sure at first because it's one of her friend's birthdays today back home. She doesn't want to be hungover at the concert."

I laugh. "Oh, yeah, I get it."

"If she doesn't come to the first then she'll definitely come to the second show."

"I'm so fucking psyched," Devin says.

"Me too," I grin. "It's going to be the biggest crowd we've performed in front of."

Harry squeezes my waist and smiles. "It only goes up from here."

•••

We're landing. We're landing. We're landing.

It's 2:30 pm on February 1st over here.

We're led off of the plane and there are several security guards waiting at the bottom of the jet's stairs. It was freezing outside. Compared to the comfortable LA weather, the mid-forties was a drastic difference.

Like Jane has warned, there were also a couple of men with camera's on their shoulders with the 60 Minutes logo on it. When I got to the bottom, I waved to the cameras they had.

I was given a kimono before walking into the airport and I took it gratefully, putting it on. Once I walked through the doors, I was hit with the sight of crowds and crowds of fans behind barricades.

"Woah," I hear Harry barely say beside me.

I instantly head towards the fans and start taking pictures and signing autographs. A few gave me candy and stuffed animals.

"Thank you, thank you!" I keep telling them all. This was insane. There was so many people here. I continued going down the line of fans while security and Jane kept yelling at me to keep it moving.

Eventually, I really did have to go. So I shouted to everyone that I loved them and hurried out of the airport. Paparazzi was a lot different in Japan, that's for sure.

In the SUV, I tried to let what just happened, sink in. I felt a little embarrassed to go on google translate to type in what I wanted to tweet and then tweet it.

'@JessicaSteele: 東京!その歓迎していただきありがとうございます!私はここにとても幸せだとショーのために待つことができません!私はみんなを愛しています!'
['@JessicaSteele: Tokyo! Thank you for that welcome! I'm so happy to be here and cannot wait for the show! I love you all!']

I look out of the window and watch the city fly by us. I couldn't believe I was in Tokyo. We were driving to the stadium to take a look at the place and figure out all of the choreography on stage as well as test out some of the fireworks we were going to be using during the show.

The whole ride, I was on Twitter, seeing what the fans were saying about the show in two days.

'@JessUpdts: tour starts tomorrow which means new songs live, new hq pics, and STUFF TO UPDATE ON'

'@jesslove: IM SO EXCITED MY SHOW IS IN SIX DAYS WTF IT USED TO BE LIKE A HUNDRED'

'@USSteele: THE WORLD AIN'T READY FOR THE 11:59 TOUR FR'

'@JessicaSteele: RT @EllaEyre: BIG NEWS! I'm opening for @JessicaSteele for her European tour! Super excited and make sure you buy tix! ❤️😝'

•••

Inside the stadium, we tested/watched the fireworks that'd go off during the show. Afterwards, we walked around the stadium and the stage for a while, getting a feel of everything. This place was massive and the stage was incredible.

After a couple of hours, we were beyond exhausted and decided to settle at our hotel for a little bit before going out to celebrate Harry's birthday. I decided to stay in Harry's room for the time being.

"You brought Scrabble with you in your luggage?" Harry asked incredulously, sitting up in the bed as I start setting up the board on top of the sheets.

"Yeah, why not? Something's gotta keep you busy on the road," I respond. Harry chuckles and shakes his head.

I pick my letters and then hand the bag over to Harry who picks his.

"You can go first, birthday boy," I say.

He smirks. "Alright then. Let's see..."

He tucks his bottom lip in his mouth as he rearranges his letters on his letter stand. Then he places the tile pieces on the board one at a time.

N. U. D. E.

I can't help but giggle. I lay out my pieces after him, connecting them with the "e" he laid down.

E. A. T.

"Dirty scrabble, eh?"

"That's not dirty. You just made it dirty, Harry!" I shout, laughing.

He grins and I note how his eyes crinkled at the corners. We both take or more letters and I wait for Harry to play a word.

A. S. S.

I hold in another giggle. Okay, I see how it is.

I went for a less inappropriate word: F. U. N.

We took out more tiles and Harry seemed amused at the letters he had. I saw why when he laid out his next word: T. I. T.

"Oh my goodness," I mutter to myself. I place my letters over the "d" in "nude".

B. E. N. D.

I watch as Harry's eyebrows rose as he stared down at the board. He laid down his word: S. E. X.

This went on forever and ever. After we couldn't think of anymore dirty words and we ran out of letters, we started the game over. After an hour or so, someone came pounding on the door.

I got up to answer the door while Harry contemplated his next move.

I opened the door to see a Gemma Styles standing with a duffle bag in her hands.

"Gemma!" I shout and tackle her in a hug. I was definitely not expecting her tonight. Her hair was now an ombré of brown, then blonde, and then a light shade of pink. It really suited her.

"Hey, love!" She exclaimed.

I pull away and hear Harry come from behind me.

"Gems," he says softly. I stand back and watch fondly as the siblings hug each other tight.

"Hey, Haz, happy birthday."

"Thanks."

She pulls back and turns over to me. "And happy belated birthday to you, Jess."

I smile. "Thank you."

She sat down at the bed and glanced down at the scrabble. She laughed. "Is this like a kink of some sort or..."

My eyes widen. "No! No."

At the same time, Harry says, "Yes."

I hit him in the shoulder and he winces and clutches it.

"Anyways, we're leaving soon to go to dinner with some of the crew. I just need to get ready," I inform Gemma.

She nods. "Sounds fun."

I excuse myself to my room so that I could change into warmer clothing for dinner. Afterwards, I text everyone who was coming to the dinner, to meet us down in the lobby. Then, I grab Harry's present and go back to his room.

When I knock on the door, Harry answers and looks down at the gift bag I was holding in my hand. A small smile appears on his face.

"No gifts, Jessy," he whines.

"What kind of girlfriend doesn't get her boyfriend a gift on his birthday?" I counter.

He reaches down and brushes his lips with mine. "I've got everything I could ever want right in front of me."

"That's the cheesiest thing I think I've ever heard you say."

"I agree," Gemma says from behind him. I smile at her and she grins back. "Let's go!"

•••

There were loads and loads of paparazzi just following our cars to the restaurant. Even though I didn't like seafood all that much, most of us who were going did, so we decided on a sushi place.

There didn't seem to be any people crowded in front of the place, so we parked our cars not too far and walked. Harry kept a steady hand on my waist and Gemma walked beside Harry, laughing at what Patrick had just said about the last time he had seafood.

Soon enough, fans appeared from across the street, now in front of me, with phones in their hands.

"Jess! Jess!"

I smiled and stopped to take some pictures with them. I told everyone to continue inside to get our table, but Jane and Harry stayed with me.

"Jess, we need to get going. You're going to form a crowd and there's no security," Jane told me, touching my shoulder.

I hug five or six of the fans and say goodbye. I then take Harry's hand and follow them into the restaurant. I don't miss the camera flashes capturing everything.

"I love you, Jess!"

"Jess!"

I turn and wave before going through the doors.

"You okay?" Harry asks. I know he's just making sure.

I nod. "Yeah. Perfect."

We sit down at the tables and are immediately served. I wasn't sure what I was going to eat because of my disliking of food from the sea, but I just order what Harry does.

"So, I think it's totally appropriate to share some embarrassing childhood stories of Harry's since it is his birthday," Gemma says, smirking.

Harry shakes his head and laughs. "Don't even, Gem."

"Now you definitely have to tell us," James coaxes, leaning forward onto his elbows.

"Gemma, shut up," Harry interjects, glaring at her.

"Oh, hush up, Harold. I'm not going to tell them about the many times I caught you wanking off in your bedroom," Gemma affirmed.

I covered my mouth to keep myself from laughing.

"Let's talk about the band you were in when you were in high school."

My mouth dropped open and I turn to my left. "You were in a band?!"

I saw the blush creep up his cheeks as he stuffed his mouth with a California Roll.

"Oh, yeah. The White Eskimos. He was the lead singer," Gemma added.

"The what?!"

Harry used to be a singer?!

Harry put another sushi in his mouth and took a drink of his iced tea, looking down at the table.

"He was a great one, at that. I believe he still is."

"What the fuck, Harry?"

"I haven't sang in years," he informs.

"You don't just forget how to sing. Why'd you stop?" I asked.

"It wasn't taking me anywhere and school got busier. I wanted to get into photography, too, so..."

"You should sing at rehearsals tomorrow, dude," Patrick tells him.

"Bloody hell. No," Harry shot down instantly, shaking his head.

We kept pushing Harry to give us a little something with his voice, but he continued to say no. After we finished eating, we all passed out presents over to Harry to open.

He got a photo album from Anne that she's obviously given to Gemma. Gem got him a thermos and a new duffel bag for traveling. Patrick, Devin, and James had all gotten him electronics of some sort. Then, he began opening my present, taking out Saint Laurent sunglasses as well as two patterned, button up shirts.

He gave a huge smile while he opened the gift bag and seemed to really like what he got from me. He placed a kiss on my cheek and tried on the glasses.

"Thank you, Jessy," he said.

"Sorry it's not as awesome as what you got me..."

"This is way too much, honestly, Jess."

I shrug. Sure, it left some sort of a dent in my not so millionaire bank account, but it was for Harry and the tour would soon take care of it.

"Birthday?" One of the workers comes up behind us with a desert of some sort and a lighted candle on top.

The grin on Harry's face could light up the whole city.

We sing happy birthday very loudly and all record it and take pictures. Harry blows out the candles and we all cheer.

Harry puts his arm around my waist and pulls me in. I lay my head on his shoulder, watching as Devin and James fight over who gets the first bite out of the desert. I was afraid one of them were going to hop onto the table.

"Happy birthday," I whisper to him. He pulls back and brushes his lips with mine.

"I love you," He grins.

"I'll love you back if you sing tomorrow," I joke.

He rolls his eyes. "Eh..."

I laugh and sit up straight again in my chair.

At the same time, I look over at Jane who's staring behind me. Curious, I turn my head to see where and what she was looking at. Out the window, I could see paparazzi furiously taking pictures.

I feel all the blood drain from my face. I wasn't paying attention at all to the fact that Harry and I were showing plenty of affection right in front of them.

I guess we were going public a lot earlier than expected.
________________

Not too proud of this chapter tbh, but it's only a filler because of tour next chapter!! NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE BETTER. I hope you enjoyed it anyways and I'm sorry for the late update. I had my concert on 7/11 in Santa Clara 🎉

AND HARRY THREW WATER AT ME AND I WAS DRENCHED AND IT WAS THE BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE. NIALL KEPT LOOKING OVER AT ME AND LOUIS WAS ALWAYS ON MY SIDE OF THE STAGE😍

Let's also pray that this Louis rumor blows over bc the whole thing is just fishy tbh.

Okay, have a nice day/night & thank you for being the best people ever.

COMMENT VOTE SHARE FOLLOW AND STUFF

Twitter: @wtvrharold
IG: @harry.reckless
xx

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

1M 54.6K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
801K 15.4K 55
[Book 1] Not many people are lucky enough to have a close and genuine friend in a person as Olivia Masterson does in someone as remarkable as Harry S...
183K 3.8K 25
"I can feel you take control of who I am and all I've ever known." A story in which a healing young woman falls in love with the man who shines as br...
638K 17.2K 59
The sequel to Adore You. This is not a stand alone book, so if you have not read the first book, this story will not make sense!! * Sometimes there a...