The Avengers: Forever Young.

By TheMindOfSophie

Tony, Steve, Bruce and Thor end up de-aged after another fight against Loki goes wrong. Steve is turned into... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 2

6.5K 221 486
By TheMindOfSophie

At 6:00am Clint decided that he should get out of bed, so he would be there before the de-aged avengers woke up.

As he walked into the kitchen for breakfast he realised he wasn't the only one up at this time.

"I thought I would make them pancakes for breakfast." Natasha spoke up, surprisingly fully awake at this time of the morning.

"Didn't even know you could make pancakes." Clint mumbled as he was still really sleepy.

"I don't." Natasha replied and moved slightly to the side to show a Stark Industries tablet sitting next to where she was cooking; it displayed a recipe for homemade pancakes.

"yum." Clint smiled to himself, looking over the recipe. He was just about to turn around and made his way over to the dining table, when he crashed into a small figure. "Oh! Oh god, Bruce! Buddy I am so sorry, I didn't hear you come in!" Clint gasped as he helped the small boy back onto his feet. He was shocked that the boy was even up at this time, though he was shocked he, himself, was up at this time.

Looking at Little Bruce Clint realised that the kid looked like he hadn't even gone to bed at all. The small boy's hair was a crazy mop of curls, sticking up everywhere, and his big brown eyes accommodated two dark shadows proving his lack of sleep.

"Morning Bruce! Did you have a nice sleep?" Natasha asked without looking towards the two others in the room.

"Did you have any sleep?" Clint asked after her. This made Natasha turn to inspect the small boy, who obviously hadn't slept.

Little Bruce shrugged without making eye contact with the two adults. This just proved the question right even more.

Clint decided to let the subject slide, picked up the small eight year old and carried him to the dining table to sit the boy next to him, ready for when breakfast would be served.They would talk about the sleeping problems later.

Just as they both were comfortable sitting at the table, with Natasha still cooking in the kitchen, Tony decided to walk in. The teenager looked dead tired as he walked passed, heading to the kitchen.

"Hey Kid" Clint greeted with an amused smile. Teenage Tony just continued walking as if he didn't hear the older man. A few minutes later the kid returned, looking a lot more awake with a mug of coffee in his hand.

"Hey Clint! Morning Brucie." He greeted the two as if they didn't see him walking like a zombie before. It was a surprising contrast.

"Did you have a good sleep Tony?" Clint asked making conversation.

"Sure did! Comfy bed, did future me choose it? I have great taste in beds." Tony replied in one breath, before taking a massive gulp of his coffee, finishing the drink.

"Must have chosen the coffee as well, because that was some great coffee!" He said enthusiastically, this made Clint let out a chuckle.

"You actually did choose both of those things, and I agree with the coffee being great but I have to say that I have better taste in beds than you do."

"Yeah right! I bet you do." Tony said with sarcasm.

"Yep."

"I highly doubt that."

"I thought you were a genius."

"I am which is why I have better taste in beds than you."

"pfft, future you doesn't even go to bed!"

"Oh my god! Both of you shut up!" Natasha shouted as she placed a plate of pancakes on the table. "Breakfast is ready." She then said, sitting down and placing a pancake on her own plate in front of her. They all started right away with eating, Clint taking note of how Tony took the smallest one but not mentioning anything about it.It was spent in silence until Natasha broke it.

"Tony has better taste in beds." This resulted with a scoff from Clint and a big smirk from Teenage Tony.

About 15 minutes later, they were finished eating and at this time Steve decided to walk in.

"Hey Steve, there's some Pancakes here waiting to be eaten by you for breakfast." Natasha sent a smile his way.

"Oh wow! They look and smell fantastic, thank you." The Blonde teenager grinned, taking a seat and placing a pancake carefully on his plate.

"Good morning everyone." Steve greeted politely.Everyone at the table sent a version of good morning back except Bruce, who just continued to sit quietly.

"Everyone apart from Steve finished with their plates?" Natasha asked, standing up and lifting her own plate up at the same time.Everyone nodded and she collected the plates to place in the dish washer.

It was about 2 hours later and everyone was off doing their own thing. Thor still hadn't woken up.

"I guess we all got up a bit early, maybe the kid likes to sleep in." Clint came up with explanation, "Like normal people." He added.

"I used to sleep in, but now I'm used to getting up early to train. I want to be a soldier." Teenage Steve replied to Clint's hypothesis on Thor's sleeping habits.

"You... In the army?" Tony chuckled, "Have fun getting in." he said, sarcasm apparently has been Tony's best friend since childhood.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Steve turned and frowned at Tony, who was spread out on the couch, teaching himself how to use a Stark Industry Tablet.

Tony looked up and grinned, "You know you have to be a particular height to join right? And you're not exactly huge."

"I have plenty more years to prepare myself." Steve defended himself.

"You'll need more than that! I mean look at you, but who knows maybe they'll pull another Captain Amer- Wait." Tony froze and stared at Steve with eyes wide, he seemed to have realised something.

"You alright, Tony?" Clint asked with a slight laugh at the boy's facial expression.

"You're name is Steve?" Tony asked the other teenager, ignoring Clint.

Steve looked confused and his frown at the other deepened, "Yes..."

"Steve Rogers?"

"Uh, yeah."

"Shit!" Tony swore sitting up from his laying down position. "You are fucking Captain America!"

"Language!" (hahah "I get that reference!") Natasha spoke up from her location on the single seater.

"Sorry mum." The brown haired teenager sent an innocent smile towards the woman.

"Who's Captain America?" Steve asked confused.

"You in the future." Clint filled him in. "You'll find out."

Steve decided to let the whole conversation go and sat on the same couch as Tony, keeping a distance though as he was still annoyed at the other boy.

Just then Thor decided to make an entrance, "A very good morning to all of my friends!" He spoke quite loudly and enthusiastically for someone who had just woken up.

The rest of the morning was spent actually quite quietly.

Everyone was surprisingly comfortable in the tower already and was doing their own thing around the house;Steve was reading a book about Planes.

Tony had disappeared, mentioning that he was going exploring.

Thor, who had been fed, was rummaging through a massive toy box S.H.I.E.L.D had given them yesterday for the younger Avengers.

And Bruce was playing with a Hawkeye action figure that Clint had given him, "check out this awesome guy!" He had told the quiet boy.

Clint and Natasha decided that it was safer to keep the mini avengers away from the public for many reasons, so they were spending the day in.

Everything was going peacefully until Thor decided that he wanted a turn playing the Hawkeye action figure. "Young Bruce, I will trade you my sword for the tiny man" Thor suggested to Bruce, pointing at the toy with the toy sword in his hand.

Bruce who was apparently now really attached to the toy Hawkeye shook his head vigorously and turned around so his back was to Thor.

"I do believe you have spent enough time with the tiny man, it is Nobel to share." The young Asgardian tried again.

Clint had a feeling he had probably been told that about sharing quite a bit.

Again Bruce shook his head and remained with his back towards Thor, he continued on playing with the toy.

Thor frowned and walked around so that the back of Bruce was no longer facing him. "You are not being fair." The older boy declared.

Bruce just continued playing.

Getting ignored angered Thor, letting out a grumble; he bent down and snatched the action figure away from the hands of Bruce.

Bruce gasped in shock, he stood up and tried to grab the toy back but Thor being taller held it up high so he couldn't reach. "Thor, don't be cruel! Bruce, maybe let him play with it for a bit; you've had it for a while." Steve spoke up trying to help settle things back down.

But Bruce didn't listen and pushed Thor down with a surprising amount of strength, and grabbed the toy back in the others boys moment of weakness.

"Hey!" Thor yelled out and fought back.The two were officially physically fighting and getting quite violent, until they were stopped by Steve coming in between them, "Stop! That's enough, both of you!"

"He wasn't sharing!" Thor yelled and lashed out at Bruce at the same time. That was when Clint came up between them.

"That is it!" he took hold of the action figure, "none of you get the toy! I did not expect this from you guys! Thor you are twelve years old, I would've thought you would have handle the situation with a bit more maturity. And Bruce! You've had the toy for plenty of time; it would've been nice of you to share! And there was no need to get violent! If you have problems come to me!" Clint told them harshly, an angry look upon his face. "This toy stays with me! I'm very disappointed in both of you." he continued before walking back to where he was seated with the toy in his hand.

Thor sighed picked up his sword and quietly resumed half playing with it, looking ashamed of himself.

Steve let out a deep breath and sat back down on the lounge, continuing with his reading.

Bruce, upset, ran out of the room. This made Clint feel a bit guilty.

Just then Natasha returned from where ever she disappeared to. "I just had a meeting with Fury."

"What?! When? Just now? Why didn't I see or hear you leave?" Clint asked, feeling really confused.

"I just returned then." She replied simply, "we need to talk in private."

They both found themselves in the kitchen, Clint leaning against the bench and Natasha standing opposite.

"So, this is going to sound crazy but Fury wants us to send the de-aged avengers to school." Natasha said, going straight to the point.

Clint stared at her a for bit, frowning slightly. "What? Why? That sounds a little bit dangerous... And a bit random."

"He thinks its good training; saying that it would help us know how to really look after kids, help gain knowledge in case something happened in the future." Natasha explained, she thought it was silly as well.

"What 'something' will happen in the future that would involve us taking kids to school? What if people find out they're the avengers? What if Loki finds them? This sounds like a stupid idea." Clint said crossing his arms.

"I mentioned that to Fury but he didn't budge. He wants the kids to start next week; he's already contacted the schools." Natasha said with a frustrated look on her face, she had a bad feeling about this. "Maybe we can talk to Fury again about it later on this week." She told Clint.

Clint nodded and sighed, "This is all so crazy." Natasha breathed out a 'yep' in agreement.

"Come on let's check on the kids" she told him heading to lounge room.

In the lounge room Thor was running around jumping on all the furniture with the same sword as before and Steve was still reading, this time a book about war.

Natasha frowned, "Where's Bruce?"

"Oh... Yeah he uh ran out, he was a bit upset after a fight with Thor." Clint informed her.

Natasha frowned and turned around to look for the boy.

Natasha looked everywhere. All the rooms, the bathrooms, the gym and even under all the beds and tables.The last place she hadn't checked was the lab, walking to the door she could hear sounds from inside the room.

Natasha pressed the button to open the door, entered and found where the sound was coming from. Inside Teen Tony was working on some invention he had come up with since he had disappeared.

"Hey Tony, have you seen Bruce anywhere?" She asked the kid.Not expecting anyone else to be in the room, Tony jumped in surprise, nearly fell off his chair and sent his experiment crashing to the ground.

Natasha laughed out loud, "I didn't mean to scare you Tony!" she chuckled.

Tony just smiled and shook his head, dropping down and picking up his now broken experiment. "Nah sorry, I haven't seen Brucie Boy anywhere."

Natasha bent down and helped Tony with the pieces of his creation. "That's alright, I'm sorry I made you break your invention." She told him softly.

Tony shook his head and sent her a grin, "No, no that's alright! It was shit anyway. I'll help you find Bruce!" After packing up the mess in the lab, Natasha and Tony went off to find Bruce.

They were about to exit the lab when Natasha stopped, "Wait, I've looked all over the place. He might be in here." She told the other.

Tony spun around, a thoughtful look on his face. "I didn't hear him come in, though he doesn't exactly make a lot of noise." They searched every corner and under every bench. Natasha was about to give up until Tony spoke up.

"Natasha! I found him!"

Natasha ran over to where Tony was leaning into a large cupboard."Come on Brucie, come out! It cannot be comfy in there." The brunette teenager spoke out to the small boy.

Natasha walked up and stood next to Tony, looking into the cupboard. "Hey Bruce, It's nearly lunch time, you need to come out and eat!" The small boy didn't respond.

Tony hummed and sent Natasha a cheeky grin before moving himself inside the cupboard opposite Bruce. "Yep wow, definitely not very soothing in here." He chuckled.

Little Bruce looked up and just stared at Tony, the teenager stared back. "You could have at least taken a pillow with you, made it more comfortable for yourself."

"Tony! Just help him out." Natasha demanded.

"Come on Brucicles, Its lunch time! I'll give you a piggy back to the dining table! It'll be cool." Tony tried, but the small boy just whimpered and curled into himself.

The teenager sighed and looked at Natasha, seeking help.

"Bruce, whatever happened between you and Thor, I'm sure it'll be all forgotten." Natasha spoke up, sitting herself on the edge of the cupboard with them.

"Yeah!" Tony agreed, "And if it's not, you've got me on your side!" he added.

"Tony, you don't even know what they were disagreeing with!"

"Yeah, but Bruce is my favourite." This statement made Bruce look up, a look of surprise on his face.

"Bruce is cool." Tony continued.

Natasha shook her head, a small smile appearing on her face. "Come on guys, we need to get to the dining table before the others eat all the food" She said as she stood up from the cupboard.

Tony climbed/fell out of the cupboard and then turned back to Bruce, "Come on buddy, don't leave me to eat my lunch alone with those annoying people, that doesn't include Natasha who is beautiful and is my second favourite person." He said with a smile as he held out a hand to Bruce, who hesitated a bit but ended up accepting the hand and climbing out.

Once he was out Tony turned around and bent down, gesturing for Bruce to hop onto his back for a piggy back. Little Bruce giggled, actually giggled! That was the first sound Natasha and Tony had heard from the kid and this made the two smile brightly.

"Off we go!" Tony shouted excitedly as he strutted off with Bruce on his back, Natasha laughed at the two and followed them to the kitchen with a big grin on her face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.9K 774 42
Mal is confused. She should be happy. She has the love of her life, her best friends at her side in Auradon. But why does she still think about the I...
1M 17.7K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
986K 39K 48
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
3.4K 80 8
A/N: so just so you'll know I'm basing this story on the movie not the book. Stiles gets tossed from the FBI program. He goes to a coffee shop in Qua...