Finding Angels Wings|Disconti...

By darkdestiny

I will not be updating this story anymore. Ava is the last angel in existence. She now lives in a world where... More

Finding Angels Wings
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 2

690 21 7
By darkdestiny

Trying to write longer chapters! :D

^^^^^^^

Ch 2

Ava'

I sunk down into the soft plush chair, my body relishing in its comfort. I sipped slowly at my hot chocolate and I closed my eyes in bliss music playing softly in my ears. I was very much aware of my surroundings no matter how lost in my own world I may seem. You can never be too careful, was my daily mantra.

The coffee shop that I was in was one that I came to almost daily, it was one of the few coffee shops in this town that offered service to both supernatural and human. It was my little inside joke, since I passed at both why not establish it as my little safe haven. The people that came in here were mainly supernatural’s and trust me if you were a human you would be getting the dirtiest looks from these people. I felt their glares daily, simple minded idiots.  

Supernatural’s were allowed to mix together, we were never allowed to date obviously, have children or get married. We hardly ever did mix together though, although there were rare occasions when it happened a lot.

The owners of the shop were a witch couple, an elderly couple they were. Lowell and Gina, they were such friendly people to both human and supernatural. I absolutely loved it here and was thinking of getting a job here.

I heard the loud cling of the bell at the entrance of the shop and I felt the hair on the back of my neck rise. Ever so slowly I sat up and removed my earphones and opened my eyes. I haven’t been in this town for more than two months. I wanted to make this place my permanent residence for at least until I finished high school, I only had one year left.  I hoped these people didn’t cause trouble for me.

I stared at the men that had just walked in, something seemed off about them. They were human yes but their general vibe seems off, out of place. They wore black heavy duty raincoats and hard lace up combat boots. These men were not here for a cup of coffee. I slowly packed away my iPod in my little satchel as I tried to appear nonchalant. My senses were on high alert and as I lifted my eyes I caught sight of one of the men staring at me.

He looked at me dead straight in the eye and I felt myself shiver. His golden coloured eyes unnerved me and I stood up and made my way towards the corner of the shop where the vending machines were placed. I eavesdropped into their conversation.

“Have you seen, anything...weird around these parts?” asked one of the burly men. They spoke extremely softly, if it weren't for my high sense of hearing I would get nothing. Plus half the shop had emptied as soon as those men arrived. I sifted in my bag for loose change while they spoke.

“No, not at all,” spoke Gina in a very timid voice.

“You see, we have reason to believe that somewhere around these parts there lurks an endangered species.”

My breath caught in my throat, they couldn’t possibly mean...

“It’s a hybrid you see, we are a troop from the special supernatural forces located at the capital. We were sent out to recover...this uhh species is quite dangerous, to both human and supernatural. It is rumoured that this person, uhh species, is a hybrid of a dragon and witch.”

Holy shit, a dragon? Aren’t they supposed to be extinct? They died years ago in the Great War. I can’t believe there is a hybrid dragon and witch out there! Something was weird though, why were they discussing this in a coffee shop, in front of all these people. Unless...

I turned my head sharply to my left and my eyes landed on a hunched up form that was obviously listening to their conversation. It was a boy with light blonde hair a dark green hoodie. Could he be?

“We have reason to believe that the culprit is somewhere here in your coffee shop,” spoke the man.  His tone went from friendly to threatening in milliseconds and suddenly I feared for Lowell’s and Gina’s life since this man, well his force had the right to shoot anyone that did not follow the law. Even if they were innocent.

I acted quickly and jumped down into the seat next to the boy, I pushed him hard against the inside of the booth.

“If you jump up now and run they will catch you, I promise you,” I hissed at him. His silvery eyes stared at me shocked, I pushed him down harder into the seat and I watched the men to see if they noticed anything. They didn’t.  I knew who these men were, or where they were from more likely. They were from that special department deep within the special supernatural forces that dealt with the testing of supernaturals. The place of my nightmares.

“Sit the fuck down and keep the hell quiet, act normal or else you're toast,” I said to him softly, playing with the edges of my bag and pulling out my lip gloss. He reluctantly agreed and shut up pulling out his phone pretending to text.

By now the entire coffee shop was empty besides us, the men and the owners. I needed to get him out of here, I didn’t care who he was but I would be damned if I let someone fall into the same fate that I did years ago. I felt the scars twinge on my back, god I hated that place.

Silently I gripped his arm in mine and whispered to him softly, “I know what you are, we need to get out of here, we’re going to act like a couple. Got it?” he nodded.

“Why are you helping me human?” He asked his voice was soft, almost musical. I sighed softly.

“I'm a gift from God, so shut up and let’s get going,” I muttered dryly.

“Where’s your insignia?” I asked, he lifted up his hand and showed me the star on his wrist. This was going to be a bit of a problem. I slowed down my breathing and placed my hand onto my own wrist and I wiped it over it a few times and a silver star appeared on my wrist. The joys of simple magic! I giggled slightly.

“What the fuck?” hissed the boy, I shrugged he wouldn’t tell. He looked down at my wrist then at me, a shocked and almost terrified look on his face. We slowly stood up from the booth and I leaned into his body acting like a long time girlfriend. He slipped his hand into the back pocket of my jeans. Oh wow, playing the part really well aren’t we?

“Where do you two think you're going?” asked the burly man and we stopped and turned around. I put on my best innocent girl face.

“Excuse me officer?” I asked softly.

“Where are you two going?” he asked again, a bit harsher this time.

“My boyfriend and I are just heading home,” I said as politely as I could. The other golden eyed man eyed me warily. I turned my friendly gaze to him, my Cheshire cat like smile making him step back a bit. I noticed Gina and Lowell giving me odd glances but they said nothing and kept their cool.

“Insignias!” he yelled at us and the boy next to me was quick to comply as he lifted up his sleeve and showed them his wrist. I slowly lifted up mine and showed it to him.

He stared at us for a little while longer trying to determine if we were lying or not.

“You may go,” he said gruffly. I sighed softly in relief as we carried on walking to the doors and exited it with the soft clang of the bell. I could hear it coming before it even happened. The two loud shots rang out through the air and two bodies thudded to the floor harshly. Closing my eyes in a silent prayer I whispered softly.

“Peace be with you, Gina and Lowell.”

This was our life. This is how we lived. This was the world now.

^^^^^^

I carried on walking with the boy, his hand still in my back jean pocket and mine firmly wrapped around his waist, he was much taller than me by at least two heads and I felt dwarfed in his embrace. I kind of liked it.

We carried on walking until we thought it was safe, we rounded the corner and all of a sudden the boy held me up against the wall by my throat. I was dangling in the air and I couldn’t breathe. His silvery gaze was hard but I couldn’t help but notice the tremble in his words as he spoke to me.

“You know what I am! They’ll find me! You’ll be put in danger and they’ll kill you, I'm sorry but I have to end your suffering now before they do,” he spoke to me angrily as he lifted a silver dagger high into the air. I acted quickly kicking him hard in the stomach putting my extra abilities into it as I grabbed him by the shoulders and pinned him hard against the wall.

His face clearly showed that he didn’t expect it but in all honesty I was tired of supernatural’s treating me like shit when all I do is fucking help them!

“You listen here and you listen good,” I hissed at him pulling him back and slamming him hard against the concrete wall. Even if he was a dragon he stood no chance against me. His magic wouldn’t even affect me either.

“Those men are probably at your house now ransacking every little thing that you own. If they find you let me tell you, you would rather wish that you were dead! They will take you down to their deep and dark facilities and they will test you! They will perform experiments on you, they will beat you, mock you, belittle you, it’s a destiny worse than death. You need me boy! So if you dare pull a stunt like that again I don’t care if you are a mix between a dragon or a motherfucking unicorn, I will end you,” I hissed the last part at him before dropping him to the floor harshly.

I’ve just had enough today, really I should stop this shit now before I end up getting to involved just like I did in the other town. Keep it together Ava!

The boy looked up at me, wisps of his white blond hair falling into his eyes. He stood up on shaky feet and hung his head low. There was something about this boy, I could sense it. I had to keep him safe; I just had this weird feeling about it. My instincts had never let me down before.

“What’s your name?” I questioned, tying my blonde hair up in a ponytail. Gosh, the lovely stormy weather was gone replaced with a hot, humid weather. I pouted, I loved the rain.

“Holden,” he said his head still bowed down low.

I nodded slightly, he looked lost like a sullen child reprimanded by his mother.

“How old are you, Holden?” I asked as I made my bag comfortable on my hip and scuffed my ballet shoes slightly on the floor.

“I’m seventeen and I go to Marshall High down at Creak Brook Avenue,” he was so obedient now that it kind of freaked me out. Marshall High, I would be attending that soon school as right now it was their summer holidays and I was enjoying these last few days of freedom.

“What about you?” he asked, “ I haven’t seen you around these parts before.”

I shrugged, “I'm nineteen this is my senior year I happened to start a year late, my name is Ava, the reason you don’t see me around here is because you're not looking around very much. I come to Gina and Lowell’s shop almost every day.”

He drew in a breath and looked down at me his eyes slightly watery, “Are, you know, are Gina and Lowell-“

“Dead?” I asked, my gaze softening. He nodded still a bit teary, I sighed.

“Look you're going to have to get used to death ok? The world we live in isn’t exactly homey and loving you know? I may be human but I know the dangers of the world and what the supernatural’s go through, I'm no idiot,” I said.

“How, how did you get that insignia? You can’t possess magic you're only human!” he said disbelief coating is words.

I patted his shoulder, “You shall found out in dear time so just shut up for now and don’t ask silly questions. Let’s go to your home and try and save some of your possessions, yeah?”

He shook his head a slight smile playing on his rosy red lips, “I don’t know why I trust you human,” he whispered softly.

I shrugged a devilish smile playing on my face as we walked,” It’s my charm, I am irresistible!” I joked. He shoved me playfully. I glanced at him from the corner of my eye, taking in his stiff posture and slightly scared look. I knew that feeling and I guess this one would be sticking around for a while.

^^^^^

We had gathered what was left of his belongings, he head a tiny wooden home in the middle of the woods. His home, as I had predicted had be ransacked and half burned. We were able to collect a few of his sentimental belongings and some of his clothing along with a hiding place where he kept most of his money.

I'm not sure why I was so concerned about this boy, maybe it was his young (yet strikingly handsome) and naive face. He had a sort of stunning beauty, he had the type of face that when he walked past you, you would find yourself stopping and gawking. Maybe it was the fact that he was a dragon? Were dragons meant to be so strikingly beautiful?

“Hmm, dragon boy, I have a question,” I said lazily as we walked through the forest, no one was here I could tell, my senses were on high alert and I felt no disturbance in the air. Normally if I am in extreme danger my wings would twitch and I would become, more deadly, if you will.

He raised his eyebrow quizzically at his name.

“Yes?”

“Well, why are you so, uhh, why are you so you know? Strikingly beautiful, your beauty is unparalleled, you're so damn noticeable!” I said a rush, slightly embarrassed as I felt my cheeks heating up slightly. It wasn’t natural his beauty. Everybody had flaws, everybody had to have flaws! I myself was far from imperfect, I was too damn short, with a nose that did not match my slender face and blonde straggly hair which you could not style in any form or manner!

He smirked at me slightly, running a hand through his almost white hair.

“Dragons are beautiful creatures and so are witches. They’re all quite beautiful aren’t they? Now put two and two together and what do you get? A devilishly handsome creature such as myself! I'm not always this beautiful I’ve just let my charm that I cast around myself go as I somehow feel comfortable with you,” he blushed slightly. Aha! Pretty boy is blushing!

“Pretty boy is blushing!” I taunted as I skipped away from him.

He blushed even harder, his red skin easy to see as he was so pale. We made it out of the forest now, we were sure to cover our tracks. Now to get to my little safe house, of course I would not take him to my main living quarters but rather a place where no one would suspect us or see us coming.

We carried on walking and made it into the more peace filled and country side of town. The sun had set by now and the moon shone down upon us. Ah, the moon goddess, so beautiful. Crickets chirped in the undergrowth, the loud flapping wings of bats could be heard in the air above us, our bodies were covered in a luminous glow as we got closer to my safe house.

“Here we are,” I said proudly standing in front of a large oak tree.

“Where, there's nothing here.”

“Dear Holden, I would suspect more from a flying creature such as yourself. Look up sweetheart and you shall find what you seek,” I said mischievously.  

I began scaling the tree as I made my way up to the top. I heard Holden following slowly behind and his grunts of exertion as he tried to keep up with my monkey like skills.

“The view up here is amazing!” I said enthusiastically.

“Trust me, I'm getting a pretty good view myself,” he chuckled and I instantly blushed.

“Pervert!” I yelled out as I reached the platform. A few seconds later Holden was standing next to me as we gazed out at the scene before us; grass rolling on top of one another in lazy dance, the rustling of the trees instantly calming me. Look further beyond we could see the bright lights of the town flickering in a crazy fashion. The air was crisp and clear of any pollution out here in these parts.

“You live in a tree house?” he said flatly staring at me.

I shrugged, “Home away from home.”

“Where are your parents?”

“Six feet under,” I answered as I opened the door to my wooden home. Everything was dark and I gently moved around the house flicking on the electrical lamps. Sure I didn’t have electricity but you had to make do with what you had. My little house was small with a tiny table and two chairs in the centre of the room surrounded by two counters, a fridge and a mouldy stove. The musky scent of the wooden flooring drifted up to my nose and I inhaled deeply. I loved this place. I gestured to the slightly worn out couch, well ok, more than slightly worn out. It must have been a very bright yellow coloured couch but as the years had gone by it turned more into a dirty mustard colour. It wasn’t exactly fashionable but it wasn’t that bad.

“I’ll sleep on the couch tonight you can take my room, the bathroom is right next door and yes I do have plumbing and it’s not disgusting I used magic to help me with it. Don’t ask just pee and get over it. “ I walked towards the small cupboard in the corner and retrieved a pillow and some sheets. It wasn’t odd for me to help a supernatural in need, I did it often. It was just something I liked to do.

I had built this place in a matter of two weeks, two long hard and back breaking weeks. But here it is now, still standing, still disguised and so safe. It was just the perfect haven.

“I can’t thank you enough for your hospitality, you just take your room I’ll sleep on the couch,” he said kindly, his silvery eyes shining with honesty. God I could not get over his beauty.

“Take my room! You need it more than me, goodnight Holden.” I whispered switching off some of the lamps.

“Goodnight Ava,” he responded.

“Holden?” I asked before he went to bed.

“Yes?”

“What happened to your parents?”

He sighed, “They met the same fate as yours did.” And in that moment we shared something, a common struggle had just formed between us. No matter how bad this world was you would always find someone who struggled just as much as you did you just had to hold onto that person and fight through it together and never let them go.

And that's exactly what I planned on doing.

^^^^^

How do you like it so far? Do you guys like Holden? Hmm a dragon? Why is Ava being so kind to him? Do you guys like Ava?

Sorry for any mistakes!

I'm planning on only uploading a chapter once I have the next one that way you won’t be kept waiting!  How does that sound? Oh and a pov change around every two or one chapter maybe? Maybe some Dante action, heh heh?

Thank you for reading lovely!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.1K 860 38
Another union bullied crossover
19.5K 412 41
What If Chloe lukasiak has a twin sister who is the favorite?
56.6K 1.3K 16
Captain Henry Donnager expected a quiet career babysitting a dusty relic in Area 51. But when a test unlocks a portal to a world of knights and magic...
99.6K 1.6K 19
bl . Taekook πŸ”žπŸ”₯ αž”αž˜αŸ’αžšαžΆαž˜:αž€αŸ’αž˜αŸαž„αž€αŸ’αžšαŸ„αž˜18αž†αŸ’αž“αžΆαŸ†πŸ™ αžŸαžΌαž˜αž’αž—αŸαž™αž‘αŸ„αžŸαžšαžΆαž›αŸ‹αž–αžΆαž€αŸ’αž™αž–αŸαž…αž“αŸαž˜αž·αž“αžŸαž˜αžšαž˜αŸ’αž™πŸ™πŸ”₯