I'LL MISS YOU

By OneSaltyCowgirl

(IN HEAVY EDITING!) 19 year old Dalila Hutson, a Barrel Racer and horse trainer, has a tramatic fall off her... More

Charecters
Authors Note
Prologue
Start from the Beginning
Night out pt-1
Night Out pt-2
Imported Perlino
Champagne
Look what you did.
Visit
Run Home
Wash pt1
Wash pt2
Brother
Weight
Broken
Bloody bed sheets-Waylons POV
Words were shared
Bye Bye Blue Roan
Is that You?
Midnight Ride
Sight to see-Waylons POV
White Hairs
Caspian
You didnt mean it.
Fucking crazy horse
Knee Weakening smile
Shopping is dangerous
Dewy
I Love
I Mean It
Yellow Ribbon
Clowns
Parade
Go Home
Good Morning Girlfreind
A week
The fianl goodbye
READ

Take her Home.

7 0 0
By OneSaltyCowgirl

I've felt light headed all day and Karters been trying to convince me not to run all day but I've got to be ready in 20 minutes.

I'm in a nice lightweight dark green button up with a black tank top under it.

I finish uo brushing and cleaning up Bullet.

I braid his main and braid his tail putting in a Red and Yellow ribbon just incase.

I finally put on his pretty red serape saddle pad and his saddle. I do the cinches just enough so it doesn't slide right now.

I put on his regular leather breast collar that has skulls stamped into it.

Along with the matching skull bridal, with red serape bit coveres.

I don't kid when I match things, and I do a diffrent color most the time.

Today's red.

I put on his red serape bell boots and sports boots, and tightened his cinches before getting on.

My head spins as I get on and nausea takes on, I breath deap and my head sets straight again.

I sigh and straighten, and open my eyes.

"Hey you good?" Karter asks setting a hand on mine.

I nod "Yep, peachy." I tell him and smile.

"I've got to go, don't loose Dewy like I did." I tell him with a small laugh.

He laughs and goes and sits down on the bleachers with the stroller and Haze.

I watch him walk over and sit before, I turn and make my way to the arena.

Everyone's warming up now.

I walk and trot both ways with a small canter, before we start.

Bullets antsy, more than usual before a run at the house.

I know it's his first tike back running in public, but he's acting weird.

He makes out a weird throaty noise before hunching and-almost-bucking up.

He does it again, and again finally getting both legs up and jolting me forward.

The nausea comes back in a wave like a smack to the face.

The other girls stare at me, like I'm insane-fair point though.

I'm jolted forward again.

Bullet continues, to buckskin up evry two to three minutes or so till it's are turn.

We make it down the alley and I feel eevyerthing coming in waves again, the feeling I had when they said Lilly was dead, the feeling I had when we took that fall, evrything.

I tense up.

I can't do it, it's diffrent at home and diffrent when I'm on another horse.

But here evryone would see it happen-again-and I would loose my favorite thing again.

I toughen up and push the thoughts back.

I've got to do it. If not for myself or Bullet for Grandpa.

I promised him I wouldn't give up and .ake it at least to the, PRCA.

I breath in and out and the nausea push back and I let him go.

Bullet tried forward for the the first barrel, he takes it smooth and heads for the right one.

He tucks a big much dut doesn't tip the barrel, thankfully.

He heads for the third and finally barrel turning it sharp but smooth.

I exhale, and close my eyes opening them again.

I give him his head and tap his sides before sitting there and letting him do his thing.

Once we get back in the alley he slides about 6 inches to a stop.

We settle and the rest of the time goes by before the event is almost over for the day, just like the Roping yesterday at the end all the girls and horses run three laps around the arena one trotting, one loping, and the last at a gallop.

It's unusual for most, but I've done it before here when I was younger so I'm used to it.

I sigh before getting back on Bullet.

All the girls enter the ring and we go from tallest to smallest with Bullet and me second to first.

We make the three laps smoothly, until the final one and I notice some people are shuffling horses behind me.

I see a chesnut behind me that I memories earlier. Another stallion, I saw the taik ribbon and made a note of it.

I stiffen in the saddle aware that a fight could occur, and I grip my reins tight.

Im relived as we exite the arena without commotion, till we don't.

I thought for once today wouldn't be so eventful but like the rest of my life it's proven wrong.

My eyes widen when I here a voice call "watch out!" Behind me and I turn franticly and the Stallion behind us jolts forward.

He slides past Bullet with his head and tail held high, the girl grips the reins hard and pulls on his mouth. I wince for the horse.

He stopped abruptly and starts sliding and backing up, everyone sits there in shock as we watch the girls horse go to the back of the line and then goes against the bit jolting forward again.

Everyone gasps as I girls tossed forward and we watch as the horn jabs her stomach.

I wince and give in, i walk Bullet out of line.

I know everyone sitting there could have done something but wouldn't relying on someone else to so I guess today I'm the someone else...

I trot Bullet infront of the girl, her horse let's out a deep throaty noise and Bullet winnys to him.

Not time to make freinds bud.

I look to the girl and the horse starts prancing forward, he slams Bullets chest his his own and Bullet lurches back.

I don't blame him.

I stay in my seat as best I can but the unexpexting girl slide.

I watch the chestnut lurch back again and the girl slides with.

He looks panicked and evrything happens fast, the stallion reaches out eith his teath at Bullet and snapping at him like a dog Bullet lunges with having enough, I know it was a bad idea to try to help the girl but I felt bad seeing as she seemingly didn't really know what to do.

She's young in her teans and I can tell she's a good Racer by watching her runs but horse sence wise maybe she's lacking a bit.

But I feel for the girl.

Bullet lurches back and the chestnut let's out another shrilling noise.

He swings his hind toward up, and in doing so swings the gurl off, I panic and Mt eyes widen, I grip my saddle horn as the chesnut swings his left hind leg at Bullet.

The gurl screams but gets off the ground and stands next to another girl that looks to be about her age.

The stallions reins go flying over his face when he swings back around to face us.

His eyes are wide, and his nostrils are flared.

Thankfully to Bullets hieght he gets a burst of confidence and firmly walking forward to the other horse.

The stallion seems to crumble and his eyes soften.

I reach down and grab his reins firmly, the seemingly deflated stallion follows me and the rest of the girls out of the arena.

As I get off of Bullet the girl walks forward with a shy face.

She looks very remorseful.

I give her a sympathetic smile.

She opens her mouth but I answer knwoing what she's gonna say.

I hand her the reins "don't worry about it. You did good." I tell her and she smiles.

"Thank you so much." She says.

"No problem." I give her another sympathetic smile and we part ways.

****

HATE IS THE ONLY WORD I CAN USE TO DESCRIBE THIS!! IVE RE WROTE THIS THREE TIMES AND HATE IT ALLL!!!.

I'm sorry I apologize for your eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 46 14
Alex is a 17 year old barrel racer who is moving into a new home away from everything she knew. Even tho the move is hard, she puts her focus i...
64.8K 1.8K 25
"We went around the third barrel and running the home stretch. In those last 3 seconds I saw him. in those same 3 seconds, Trigger's knee gave out, c...
250K 5.4K 19
April and Rose have always been the good girls. Still virgins at age 19 and still hadn't had a boyfriend or their first kiss. They have always been u...
62 6 8
Emilia is a country girl who grew up around animals, especially horses. After her accident that caused the death of her horse that was caused by a bl...