Whispered Promises of Love

By abeerwrites_

In life, there are certain people you shouldn't fall in love with. But the heart wants what the heart wants... More

Character Aesthetics
Family Introduction
Dedication
Chapter 1: Blunder
Chapter 2: Apology ? Or Not.
Chapter 3: Flashbacks
Chapter 4: Family
Chapter 5: FunCity
Chapter 6: Date
Chapter 7: Stranger ?
Chapter 8: Chanda
Chapter 9: Surprise
Chapter 10: Good Day
Chapter 11: Slaps and Plans
Chapter 12: Road Trip
Note.
Chapter 13: Face off with the Past
Chapter 14: Revelations
Chapter 15: Home
Chapter 16: Breakdown
Chapter 18: Rangeen
Chapter 19

Chapter 17: A second chance ?

67 11 22
By abeerwrites_

I felt someone outside our table, so I peeked my head from behind the curtains only to see a man rushing out. I came out to see who it was, and it was Subhan. Well, I could never be wrong about the man who is giving me sleepless nights lately, could I now ?

"He couldn't have heard what I said right ?" I asked Ehana, an unknowing feeling lurking within me.

"Who ?"

"Subhan."

"Ooh damn. Let's go out and check." She said and got the bill.

We paid and left the restaurant, and we made our way to the parking. Where else could they have gone anyway ?!

My heart shattered into thousand pieces or more, I couldn't tell at this moment, as I saw him on his knees. I could just see a side of his face from where we were standing, but I felt the pain etched on his face which mirrored the one I felt in my heart.

I couldn't hear what he was saying, but the way his body was shaking from all the crying he is doing, I am sure he is not in the right state.

My feet carried me forward on their own accord but Ehana stopped me.

"Why ? Why now ?" She asked.

I opened and closed my mouth like a fish, because I didn't know why.

"You want to lose this ? I have never seen any man crumble like this let alone in front of people. He really loves you and I actually think he deserves a chance."

I opened my mouth but she cut me off.

"I know he has wronged you or has broken your heart in the past, and I'm not trying to minimise what you went through. But think about it, he's reaching out now, admitting his mistakes, and is guilty of what he has done. Think about it." She said giving me a pat.

Seeing him broken like this after everything he has put me through, stirred up a storm of unknown feelings in me. A part of me wanted to run towards him and wrap my arms around him and just forgive and forget everything and kiss the hell out of him, but the other part of me, the part that carried the pain and betrayal from before couldn't bring myself to do it.

After what seemed like forever he wiped his tears, and I caught Sahils eye.

They spoke for a little while, and then Sahil sent him and the other guy before approaching us.

"Hey." He said.

We exchanged pleasantries and he asked about Erum and then got to the point.

"I wish you didn't have to see that. I never saw bhai this way ever." He said rubbing his eyes, as to stop him from crying.

I took a step forward a hugged him, and he wrapped me around his arm.

"Please give him a chance Ayru, I don't know what was in the past, please sort it out. I never want to see bhai this way ever again." A few tears dropped on my shoulder and I pulled away.

"I do-don't know what to say." I said hesitating.

He wiped his eyes and face, and then looked at me pleadingly.

"Just give him another chance. As far as I know bhai, he will go to any extent to get you to forgive him. He was already planning something, and he was determined. But today as he heard you say that you didn't need him, it broke his confidence."

"Don't let his confidence down. I know I am asking for too much, but.." He stopped mid-way.

"This is the same exact thing I have been saying to her. She has been through a lot in the previous marriage, but you can't stay like this forever, at some point you will need someone, if not for you for Erum. She is too young. She needs a dad. And Subhan is your answer. To everything." Ehana said, siding with Sahil.

"He loves her so much, even now he was saying how he has come to love Erum as his own." Sahil filled in.

"Erum is too young, don't you think she needs a papa ? Who will be there for her as she grows up ? Who will accompany her to school ? I know you are a strong, independent woman who is more than capable of supporting her daughter, but we all need a father at some point in our life."

They have really got me thinking, should I give him a chance ? Is he really regretful of what he has done ? Am I ready to take a new step towards a new beginning ?

"I will think about it." I said sighing.

"Okay, I will get going then." Sahil said, leaving us alone after making sure that we would be fine going home by ourselves.

"Chalo." Ehana said taking my hand and we moved towards where her car was parked.

She and Elyan had come home to stay for 2 days as Faris was out of town for some business thing. And with Elyan in our place, it was not just a house, it was mad-house. So we both sneaked out for dinner and some alone time.

We reached home in a few and I stopped for a minute to take a look at the scene in front of me.

My daughter was a clown. Yes, they dressed her up as a clown. A little red dot on her nose, those frilly socks, and a colourful clown frock.

"Why, why, why would you do this to my daughter ?" I asked walking towards her.

"Maa, look clown." She giggled twirling in front of me.

She looked cute but that's besides the point.

"Who's idea was it ?" I asked hands on my hip.

Three hands pointed towards Elyan, I should have known it was him.

"Yeah right. Blame it on me." He said sarcastically.

"Who was the one that ran out and searched for a frock from store to store ?" He said, rounding on Niha.

"And who was the one who said she could do the best clown make up ?" He continued, passing by Ayesha giving her a look.

I glared at the two of them.

"Lastly, who was the one who made her hair and also made that little hat from scratch ?" He now stopped in front of Wajih and shook his head.

"And I am the one who is always blamed." He took a seat now, clasping his hands together and waited for my reaction. And reaction I will give.

I went towards where the shoe stand was kept and took one out, and threw it at Wajih.

"Owww. Crazy shoe lady." He yelled and ran.

I took hold of Ayesha and niha's ears and twisted them.

"Didi sorry, sorryyy." They shrieked.

"Maa, it fun. I love it." My daughter came to their rescue and I bent to her.

I booped her nose and asked,

"Do you love it here baba ?"

"Yes, I never want go."

"Okay, I will let them go."

Wajih had come back from his hiding now.

"I mean admit it, it was funny. Wasn't it ?" Elyan asked.

I stared at him for a moment before giving in a laughed, and everyone joined.

Hearing the commotion, papa came from his room shushing us.

"Thahira is sleeping, what is the matter with you all ?" He asked.

I stepped a aside for him to see his grand daughter, and he shook his head in disbelief, but a smile threatened to break.

"Seriously, this has to be Elyan." Papa said, making all of us laugh.

He went back to sleep, and Elyan forced us to watch a movie.

I excused myself to freshen up and entered my room.

The moment I shut the door, I allowed myself to cry.

I brought my knees to my chest and put my head in between and poured my heart out.

I remember the pain as if it were etched into my very being. The sharp ache in my chest that made it hard to breathe, the stupid memory of him breaking my heart felt like it was yesterday. I had felt like the world has lost it's colour.

I tried to mend the pieces of my broken heart, only to get into something else entirely different. Marriage. If Subhan had broken my heart, Wajdan broke my soul. He was nice for the first week in our marriage. I let him hold my hand, or occasional kisses here and there but nothing more. I couldn't bring myself to it.

The moment I told him I needed time to consummate our marriage, he turned into a beast. He raped me, forced himself on me..I remember how..

My train of thoughts was broken by constant knocking on the door.

"Kitni der ? Come fast." Wajih shouted.

"Give me 5." I replied and ran to the washroom and fixed myself.

I returned to the living room to see spared beds were all set, so it was decided we will be sleeping here together.

We put golmaal and had a blast watching it, with Elyan and Wajih's mimicry to the scenes.

"Feeling better ?" Elyana whispered beside me.

I just nodded in response. I didn't want to talk about it now.

Erum came to me after a while, and slept on my chest.

I looked at her and Sahils words rang in my ears.

Should I give him a second chance ? For my daughter of course.

We all know who needs him more than the daughter, a voice inside me pointed.

And she is absolutely wrong. Or right ?

_______________

RCB ke jeet ki khushi me 😭😭💃🏻💃🏻
I swear seeing them lose back to back matches was so heartbreaking, but here we are now. 😭🤌🏻
I wrote this chapter entirely in like 1 hour so pardon me if it's not up to the mark. 😌💗

Also do vote and comment guys. Atleast vote, the chapters get around 50 reads, but just 6-8 votes. It's very disappointing. Makes me want to shut everything and go to sleep 😭

Anyway, enjoy!

P.S. With patience you grow, you heal and you shine. 🫶🏼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 357 14
𝖡𝗈𝗈𝗄 𝟤 𝗈𝖿 𝗌𝖾𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗌 #𝙰𝚁𝚁𝙰𝙽𝙶𝙴𝙳 𝙷𝙴𝙰𝚁𝚃𝚂 (This series contains arranged marriage stories only) 𝗩𝗶𝗵𝗮𝗮𝗻 𝗦𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗶𝘆𝗮 ...
19.2K 2.7K 41
Unedited! Wherein one is deeply in love while the other has vowed to never fall in love again. **************************************** Arjun Raicha...
7.5K 1.3K 21
𝐶𝒉𝑎𝒉𝑎𝑡 ♡ 𝐼𝑛𝑘𝑖 𝑐𝒉𝑎𝒉𝑎𝑡 𝑚𝑒𝑖𝑛 𝒉𝑢𝑚 𝑖𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑒 𝑘𝒉𝑜 𝑔𝑎𝑦𝑒 𝑘𝑖 𝐶𝐻𝐴𝐻𝐴𝑇 𝐾𝑜 𝑠𝑎𝑚𝑗𝒉𝑛𝑒 𝑠𝑒 𝑝𝑒...
163K 9.8K 22
Arranged/ Forced Marrige