Red Moon Princess

By lunerloverrrrr

In a world where every royalty child is born with magical powers, depending on its kingdom, unexpected thing... More

Prologue
CHAPTER 1 : sirius
magical powers INTRO
CHAPTER 2: Azar the city of flames
CHAPTER 3 : The bird and the princess
Chapter 4: A lunari
CHAPTER 5: A lunari pt.2
CHAPTER 6 : Believe me
CHAPTER 7: fancy supper! or not
CHAPTER 8: Helios
CHAPTER 9: my mistake
CHAPTER 10: bye Azar
CHAPTER 11: Where's my gift?
CHAPTER 12: Time for a trip
Chapter 13: Neroliner
CHAPTER 14: Neroliner pt.2
CHAPTER 15: Moon cycle
CHAPTER 16: Apology
CHAPTER 17: seeking
CHAPTER 19: traitor
CHAPTER 20: awakening
CHAPTER 21: Moonwalker Maria
CHAPTER 22: Reality
CHAPTER 23: now what?
CHAPTER 24: Ready for the world?
CHAPTER 25: Guardian
CHAPTER 26: Fate

CHAPTER 18: to see the sea

43 23 14
By lunerloverrrrr

"What's this condition of yours, anyway?"

Maria stayed silent for a moment, contemplating over telling her everything or annoying her and saying no.
She didn't know it yet, but words and murmurs had travelled across Monaler a good while ago. Perhaps some reached other kingdoms.

Colderia already annoyed by the lack of cooperation on her side, asked again.
"I asked you a question."

"It's not a condition. I'm not sick. Why do you want to know?" Maria retorted.

"I'm just saying," she shrugged. "It doesn't take a genius to notice a 6-year-old still didn't awaken her gift."

Maria made an annoyed face at her cousin.
"Excuse me? I'm seven, turning eight in three days."

"Uh-huh."

"I'm serious."

"I'm Colderia."

The younger girl rolled her eyes at her cousin's snarky comment as she shifted to the side again, her back facing Colderia. 

After a beat of silence, Colderia's voice made itself known to the air in the room.
"You sure don't have any?" She inquired.

"Why are you so persistent on this? It's not your concern." Maria muttered quietly but loud enough for her to hear.

"It bugs me when I don't know something."

"Good for you."

"Hey..."

"Mhm."

"Tell me,"

Maria abruptly shifted in a sitting motion, glaring at her cousin.

"You're so annoying."

"I know." Colderia shrugged. "Now tell me."

"No. You tell me first."

"About what?"

"Why is the capital city divided from the palace?"  Maria asked, observing as her cousin's face had fallen a bit at her question.

"Atla is a beautiful city," Colderia responded, gazing at her cousin. "Well, most of it." She added.

"You didn't answer me. What did you mean by saying Atla is divided from the palace?"

Colderia took in a deep breath and shifted in her position as if preparing to speak out a big thing.

"Because of some rebellion organization. They want to take the throne and kill us all." She explained a serious look on her face as if punctuating the fact of her words.

"What?"

"Father is suspecting them of the assassination of my grandfather and grandmother,or he's sure about it,  He doesn't speak about that matter to me, but from what I've heard they might have a spy here in the palace, and they also  turned down two cities over, and they might try and start a war." Colderia sighed, running a hand through her black locks. As the only child of her father and because of her young age, she's not supposed to leave the palace nor attend her father's meetings.

"War?"

"It's just the rumours, nothing too serious."

Maria blinked, and her hands rested on her crossed legs, her face twisted in concentration.
She now knew why her mother had told her earlier to not wander off and to be careful.
But from what she felt the second she stepped into Neroliner was the peaceful and calm vibe it gave her. It somehow put her at ease.

"And then?"

"Father decided to split the palace off of the capital land  with the help of an earth awakeners.  the advice of Eyin." Colderia paused, looking down in concentration.

"The court decided against it, and so did i. but he insisted, saying it was better for us, and the palace would be more secure. So they finally gave in," she added.

"And that's enough?" Maria breathed out. "What if they attack the palace in large numbers?"

" those rebels know better than to try and win the throne face-to-face. They might be on to something, I'm not sure."

Maria chewed her lip and looked down at the floor as her thoughts raced through her mind this was all over her head and capacity of understanding, but one thing she hated was injustice, it was one of the few things that could make her upset, and it seemed that this whole rebel situation was incredibly unfair in her opinion.

"So you have no idea what they want, or how many people are involved?"

"Not that I know of, father doesn't tell me anything."

"I see," Maria mumbled, looking down at her hands.

"Now your turn."

It was Maria's turn to sigh as she stole a glance at the white ceiling above her.
She didn't know where to begin, but then again; it wasn't that complicated.  She never really thought about getting her powers, for she didn't feel pressured but rather a little bit excited. Whenever she sees her parents using their gifts or the noble kids showing off their weak magic. She would have patiently waited but as she realized how powerless and unspecial she was when she realized other royalty kids had already awakened their powers when she realized her father had questioned her as if he was not expecting her to get one; she'd never been more pressured.

"What do you want to know?" Maria mumbled.

"Everything."

"Everything what?"

"Right from the start," Colderia answered.

"Well," maria breathed out, eyes darting across the room.

"It all started with a bird."

"A bird?" Colderia was taken aback by her statement as she didn't entirely expect such a thing.

"I went to see the bird of fire. He wasn't nice so he tried to cook me alive, I tried to run, he grabbed me, and tried to burn me, in the last second a blast of energy escaped my palm, but I didn't hit him." Maria casually explained. Ignoring the very confused face of her cousin.

"Hold on a moment. You mean to say that you met a phoenix?"

"Yes, and then-"

"Wait, a good moment. You met A pheonix?"

"Yes, and he-"

"A phoenix?"

"What's wrong with you?" Maria's face scrunched up into an annoyed scowl as to why her cousin kept interrupting her interesting story.

"I'm sorry, I'm just a bit surprised." She mumbled. "So, you went to Zaria and met the Elemental Animal of Fire?"

"Yes, I did." Maria proudly nodded, feeling slightly better, now that at least she achieved something in the eyes of her cousin.

"How did it look like?"

"He was beautiful. In a deadly way."

"Wait. You said a blast of energy escaped your palm? Doesn't that mean you awakened your gift?"

Maria's lips curled up into a bitter smile.
"That's the thing." She mumbled.

"What do you mean?" Colderia inquired.

Maria took in a breath and started explaining everything that had happened to her since the second she stepped into Azar till they arrived in Neroliner.
After a beat of silence, maria waited for the words to dawn on her cousin's mind.
Colderia spoke, "That's odd and confusing."

"And hurtful," maria mumbled to herself.

***

Maria stepped out of the room, her eyes roaming up and down the hallway. She and Colderia were in. She could feel the stares of the guards at the sides watching her every move. But it wasn't something Maria was unaccustomed to, and she'd always had a way of dealing with it.

With her long pale brown hair, the way people watched her was nothing out of the ordinary for her. And for now, she didn't feel too bothered by it as her mind was somewhere else entirely.

"Who are the people we're going to meet?" Maria mumbled loud enough for Colderia to hear.

"Why are you asking me? I haven't seen them."

"Could've answered nicely."

"Then stop asking me stupid questions," Colderia answered, rolling her eyes.

"You're stupid."

"No, you are."

"No, you are."

As the bickering of the two girls continued to the meeting council, they were met by the Queen upfront at the door.

"Let's get inside." She stated, nodding at the guards to open the door.

"Well, I'll leave you two then," Colderia said, turning on her heels to leave.

"No, you're coming with us too, Colderia," Yvanna replied, making her bit the inside of her cheek as a response before replying with a simple nod.
The two guards opened the door, revealing the Queen and the two young princesses to the people of the room.

Both Fardre and Ellis stood up, showing their respect as the three of them made their way inside the room and to the setting where they should sit.

Calder cleared his throat, standing up as well.

"Good sirs, I would like you to meet Maria Sirius Lortha Princess of Lunalurse, and my daughter, Colderia Ocearic dray of Neroliner."

"It's my pleasure, Your Highnesses," Fardre stated, bowing his head.

"Girls, these are two of the finest scholars of Neroliner. Greet them." Yvanna announced.
Both girls did a low courtesy, nodding their heads. They didn't quite think about why they were meeting these two man because they'd have always been called out to greet different people on different occasions, mostly nobles or families of great impact.

"God bless you, future Queens of great kingdoms." Fardre nodded, bowing his head again.

As the greeting ended, the elders found themselves chatting and exchanging historical information with each other. Both girls sat next to the Queen, casually putting on polite smiles when one of the elders cracked a joke.

Maria had found herself noticing Fardre stealing glances in her direction and sometimes watching her a bit longer than necessary. His gaze wasn't dirty nor was the intention, but a mere curiosity of those pure silver eyes that looked like a moon swimming in the blue sky.
He pondered over the fact of why such a princess born from pure royal blood of an ancient holy family was born giftless, or perhaps he couldn't dare reach that conclusion for a Sirius descendent can never born without a gift. 

"We shall excuse ourselves, your majesties," Fardre announced, standing as did everyone else in the room.

"Thank you again, you've been a great help," Calder replied, extending his hand to which Fardre took it gladly.

"Both Ocearic and Sirius families appreciate you both, Sir Fardre and Sir Ellis," Yvanna added.

"It's been our honour, My Queen," Ellis answered.

Later that night, maria and her mother were in her room, as Yvanna explained everything that had gone between the scholars and her. Maria found herself not being able to keep the bubble of excitement that tickled her stomach from exploding. Not only did she find a solution, but also she'd travel across the sea. And as a child who never sailed through it as shocking as it may seem, it was a big deal for her.

Passed the days she'd cry to her mother when she was 3 or 4 years old, telling her that she wanted to awaken water, even now as an seven-year-old, she still loves that element the most.

Fast forward to the next day, when she woke up shining like one of the rays of sunshine in the summer skies.
She ate breakfast and occasionally fought with Colderia, although it was more teasing rather than an actual fight. The girls found themselves starting to enjoy the company of the other. Although they won't admit it any time soon.

Up in one of the balconies of the palace stood Calder with his advisor Eyin, watching over the girls who were playing in the garden with Yvanna sitting not so far away from them, in case things take a wet turn.

"Perhaps you shouldn't send them all three only, Your Majesty."

Calder turned his eyes to the man he grew up learning from and a close companion of his late father.

"Speak your mind."

Eyin's tired brown eyes shifted towards the garden, especially on Maria, who was chasing Colderia with a bug.

"Maybe you should add another person who knows the lands more than anybody else. Someone who could survive a sneak attack and know where to take them to assure their safety in case anything happens."

Calder raised a brow at his statement. He knew where he was going with this but decided to ask anyway.

"And who might that be, Eyin?"

"I believe I'd be the perfect example if you let me that is, My King."

Calder paused in his words, his gaze lingering on him for a second before he shipped it away and to the garden below.

"You know, I trust you," Calder muttered.

"And I never betrayed your trust."

"Protect them well."

"I shall."

The sun hugged the sky of Atla with its warm rays two times since that day.
Colderia heard her aunt talking about going to the temple with Maria. Feeling a bit sad that she wasn't briefed about this she confronted her father about it, begging him to let her go too, but he was too busy worrying about the near future and what the next hours would unfold to listen or let her go with them.
Eventually, she gave up on him and left.

Colderia always had a sense of adventure. She always wanted to travel,  see the world, learn new things, and visit other kingdoms, but her father was too quick to crush her dreams.

Always saying the same words: "You're a child. It's too risky. Even if you're old enough, I won't let anything happen to the soon-to-be-crowned princess.  Colderia Sometimes would feel like a prisoner more than a princess.

Eyin made his way to the throne room, where Calder was meeting with a high-ranked guard. Perhaps talking about security and whatnot.

When Eyin made his presence known to the room, Calder permitted the Guard to leave them alone.

"Everything is set, my king," Eyin stated, clasping his hands behind his back.
"I've chosen the most trusted guards, I sent the word to check the forest in advance. Everything is going well." He explained as he watched Calder descend from the throne seat.

"We've also contacted the scholars, and all three are awaiting us in the North temple."

A beat of Calder's heart sighed in relief. He hoped things stayed that way.

"Very well, then. Tell my sister to be ready. We'll depart soon."

"As you say, Your Majesty." Eyin bowed his head slightly and took his leave.

On the other side of the palace, Colderia was trying to win her auntie's awakener so she could convince her father to let her go with them.

"I don't even remember the last time I walked past these walls! " Colderia cried out. "Please tell Father to let me go."

Yvanna sighed, resting her head in her seat and glancing up at the tree they were sitting under.
"He won't let you because he doesn't want it. It's because it's dang-" Colderia cut her off. She despised that word so much now.

"Dangerous, I get it." She rolled her eyes, crossing her arms. "If it's as dangerous as everyone is making it, then why are you going?"

Maria simply sat there watching their interaction and decided to chime in.
"It's because we need to."

"We finally have hope, Colderia. We have to do it." Yvanna added.

"Then please let me come with you." She pleaded tears about to fill her eyes. Yvanna shifted her gaze away. She knew how hard it was for her to stay here and never leave. She couldn't imagine how lonely she'd been feeling. 

"I'll see what I can do." She whispered, standing up as she left the two girls alone.

"Why do you want to go so bad?" Maria asked, genuinely curious.

"I'm sick of this place."

"Just that?" She narrowed her eyes, looking at her, to which Colderia just shrugged in response.

On her way to the throne room, Yvanna was met with Eyin, who explained everything to her.
She asked him to tell Ko who was standing there in the garden next to the two princesses. Reaching her way to the throne room, she tried to convince her brother to let Colderia come with them, but his immediate answer was no, and he wouldn't budge. Yvanna finally gave up on him too, after a while both of them made their way back to the garden, where Calder convinced Colderia to stay after he promised to take her with him sometime in the future.

"Are you sure she'll be okay?" Yvanna asked as she watched her walk away.

"She would be fine." Calder shrugged. "Now, let's leave." He clapped his hands. "You know the plan?"

"Stay alive?" Maria chimed in, making them chuckle.

"In other words, yes," Calder responded with a chuckle.

Maria, Yvanna, Ko, and Eyin made their way to the back of the island of the palace where the land met the shore.

Maria looked up at the huge wooden ship that would take them to the other side of the island. Although it wasn't as big as she believed it'd be, to her, it was big enough to get excited by and hop on the second her eyes detected it. Yvanna soon followed her daughter to the ship, followed by Ko, and last, but not least Eyin.

"Set sail!." Eyin called out to the captain.  Maria was in awe as the ship started moving through the water, giving the feeling of levitating across the free air.

Halfway through the sea and as the island of the palace disappeared into the horizon, sudden movements in a nearby wooden box made everyone glance its way, especially Ko, who withdrew his sword, getting close to it.

A hand made its way from the box followed by the other one, till it was obvious who they belonged to as the guilty face made its appearance.

"Colderia?"

"Hello, everyone."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170 1 15
*Content Introduction* Living secretly as a maid in the duke's mansion, cursed witch Lina. On a night with a full moon, transformed into a beauty, sh...
36 5 9
#450 in general fiction 01.12.2024 #63 in paranomal romance 01.12.2024 #10 in supernatural romance 01.12.2024 #6 in new fiction 01.12.2024 ...
1.6K 122 44
To be a teen in a small town is easier said than done, especially when you don't have the easiest life. Two girls - the Sun and Moon face the challen...
742 9 12
Finally he's directly in front of me I cant bare to look into his eyes, to look into an Alphas eyes is a direct challenge. I see his hand abruptly ra...