My Father's Wife (GXG)

By shelovesali

When Rhaenyra's mother passed away after attempting to give birth to a son for the king, her father decided t... More

My Father's Wife
CHARACTERS PRESENT
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
My Father's Wife Trailer
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56

Chapter 30

373 8 3
By shelovesali

"Your grace! It's fantastic you could join us!" All heads turned around to Alicent and Caspain's direction after Lurther made an acknowledgement to the queen.

Alicent smiled at him, "Of course." She glanced towards Rhaenyra and Corwyn. The boy stood up and bowed to the queen, "A pleasure to meet you, your grace. It would also bring me much joy if you were to give me permission to marry your daughter." The man spoke.

Rhaenyra's corner lip tugged downwards in a disapproved look. She quickly fixed her face in realization, "I very much well appreciate your curtsy, young man. However, princess Rhaenyra and I would still have to discuss about it." She forced a smile before looking at Rhaenyra who's lips are parted. 

Caspain kept throwing sharp glares towards the boy who once sat again beside Rhaenyra. Corwyn noticed this and raised one eyebrow at Caspain, causing the blonde to scoff and clench his jaw before looking away.

"I was wondering where you were. You weren't in your chambers earlier." Alicent spoke down to Rhaenyra who frowned at this.

"You were looking for me?"

Alicent inhaled deeply, "I was hoping to have a conversation with you but it can wait." She forced a small smile before approaching her brother and Luthor, leaving Caspain with Rhaenyra and her suitor.

"Princess," Caspain took a step towards Rhaenyra and asked for her hand to which she gladly took before Caspain brought her knuckles to his lips, planting a soft kiss on it. Seconds longer on purpose. He leaned back to give her his signature smirk before glancing at Corwyn beside her. The young boy looked displeased and annoyed at Caspain. Perhaps he felt intimidated with his confidence. Perhaps.  

"Were you with the queen?" She smiled up towards the blonde. Caspain licked his lips to think of a better answer, "Uh, I happened to pass by her while I was roaming around and so then I led the queen here, letting her know of what is currently happening." He smiled. 

"How are you?" He asked

"I'm well, thank you. Lord Corwyn here is just telling me tales and experiences from his life since you left." She glanced at the man beside her. Corwyn nodded with a small smile.

Caspain nodded without a word, he spoke after nodding, "Fun." He grinned for a flash second sarcastically before walking away towards the elderly's conversation. 

Rhaenyra was taken aback by his unusual action and thought for a moment of his weird reaction.

Princess Rhaenyra sat at the table along with the Hightower siblings and Luthor along with his son, Corwyn. The maids are placing the dishes in silence, carefully avoiding to hit the candles. All sat in silence until one cleared their throat and spoke, "Your grace, I have heard about the culprit who have been murdering few people in the city. Deraumond? We would like to help you." Luther spoke as he looks at her in concern.

Alicent nodded softly in appreciation, "Your offer and voluntary will be rewarded and expressed in gratitude, Lord Lurther." 

The Largent nodded in response. Caspain suddenly entered the dining hall, causing Alicent to hit him with a confused glare. He came in casually and bowed, "Your grace. I was invited by the princess." He smirked towards Rhaenyra who gave him a sly smile. 

Alicent eyed the princess before giving him a confirming nod. He made his seat next to the princess and glanced at Corwyn who seemed to be displeased at the thought that Caspain was sitting next to the Targaryen and not him. He placed a scowl on his face while Caspain seems to be satisfied with this reaction and feeling of pride. 

"Don't feel too proud, Ser, it might also be your downfall one day." Rhaenyra whispered beside him when she leaned in a bit close with smiles on their faces, "I may not be interested with him romantically and is trying to rant him out but don't get all too cocky." 

Rhaenyra and Caspain took their time mumbling beside each other back at the gardens about how Rhaenyra find Corwyn charming but yet still uninterested with the thought of having romantic feelings. Caspain and she agreed to make a plan of eliciting an anger out of Corwyn to push him away but it seems like the boy is holding up well.

Alicent and Corwyn both gave them disapproving glares when they watched her whisper him something by leaning in but both decided to carry on with the dinner. Alicent couldn't help but think if this is some kind of a small punishment from the gods- her struggle with her emotions and stress due to thinking, thinking all about Rhaenyra. She felt played by the seven gods, like a child being picked on. Her emotions had been all at once in one certain events or place. Discomfort, awkwardness, anxiousness, anger, frustration, and excitement. Those all are within her and most of it she feels at a same time, her emotions and thoughts are getting the best through her. It was something that she wasn't good at back when she was still a kid. Manage plenty of emotions and thoughts. 

All dined in and emerged on political conversations, especially Alicent's brother and his friend. Also, Lurther obliviously annoying the queen by asking her if she could mention to the king about the matter of their proposal and request of the princess and Corwyn's hoping wedding. Alicent, not wanting them to see behind the facade by her smile, she nodded and tried her best to look intrigued and subside any negative reactions.

She sipped from her goblet of wine and took a moment to look at Rhaenyra who is currently eating, she nervously poked the inside of her cheek with the tip of her tongue before speaking, "Rhaenyra, see me to my chambers after dinner." 

The princess' head along with the others piqued. The others didn't pay much attention and went back to eating but Rhaenyra was the one to stare at the queen the longest. 

There it is again. She has a doubted feeling and a doubt in her purple eyes. Alicent saw it. 

After everything that has happened, after not being alone with the queen Alicent for a few days and being invited to her chambers suddenly- it struck her with nervousness and anxiety. Her curiosity never left. Her curiosity always stayed beside the thrill and fear when it comes to Alicent, and she felt bad to say that's she's there for it.

"Yes, your grace." She spoke with no energy before sipping the soup from the spoon she placed in her mouth. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.7K 2.3K 12
Having claimed the wild beast Cannibal, Aerys Targaryen was more dragon than man, just like his Father, Daemon. Something his parent took pride in...
148K 3.5K 42
Before the union of Rhaenyra with Ser Laenor Velaryon, an event etched forever in memory took place when Daemon claimed Rhaenyra's innocence in the h...
21.5K 738 12
« "In the dark ages, magic was a weapon, love was a mystery and adventure was everywhere." » «Daenys targaryen, the adopted daughter of princess Rhae...
344K 11.7K 65
Enola being Lord Otto Hightower youngest and favorite daughter with 15 years of age, younger than her sister Alicent by 2 years and princess Rhaenary...