A Ketchum's Journey Vol. 4

By tanishatribe1118

Ash and Hayley Ketchum are continuing their journey in following Ash's Dream in becoming a Pokemon Master. As... More

Alola to New Adventure
The Guardian's Challenge
Loading the Dex!
First Catch in Alola, Ketchum-Style
Yo, ho, ho! Go, Popplio!
A Shocking Grocery Run!
That's Why the Litten is a Scamp!
Lillie's Egg-xhilirating Challenge!
To Top a Totem
Trials and Tribulations
Young Kiawe had a Farm
The Sun, the Scare, the Secret Lair
Racing to a Big Event!
Getting to Know You!
Rocking Clawmark Hill
They Might Not Be Giants!
Crystal-Clear Sleuthing!
A Guardian Rematch
Partner Promises!
One Journey Ends, Another Begins...
A Shivering Shovel Search!
Getting the Band Back Together!
Alolan Open House!
A Team-on-Team Tussle!
So Long, Sophocles!
A Glaring Rivalry!
Pulling Out the Pokémon Base Pepper!
Lulled to La-La Land!
The Ol' Raise and Switch!
The Island Whisperer!
Treasure Hunt, Akala Style!
Big Sky, Small Fry!
A Crowning Moment of Truth
Currying Favor and Flavor
Trials and Determinations
Rising from the Ruins
Mimikyu Unmasked
Mallow and the Forest Teacher
Balloons, Brionne, and Belligerence
Mounting an Electrifying Charge
Alola, Kanto
When Regions Collide
A Dream Encounter
Now You See Them, Now You Don't!
Deceiving Appearances
A Masked Warning!
Night of a Thousand Poses
Mission: Total Recall!
Faba's Revenge
Family Determination
Revealing the Stuff of Legend
Rescuing the Unwilling
10,000,000 Reasons to Fight
The Professors' New Adventure

A Seasoned Search!

52 2 0
By tanishatribe1118

Narrator: This is Mallow's family restaurant, owned by Mallow's father. Say, it looks like the gang's all here! I wonder what's going on. Do you know, Hayley? Meeko?

Hayley: We're being taste testers for a dish Mallow's making. What kind of dish, she didn't say.

Meeko, patting her stomach: Lucar!

Narrator: Sounds delicious.

"Man, I can't wait." said Ash with his elbows on the table. "Wonder what we're going to get?"

"Pikachu! Lucario!" said Pikachu and Meeko.

"Hi, guys!" said Mallow, entering the dining room. "Thanks for coming over and sampling something from our brand-new menu!"

"So, is it ready yet?" asked Kiawe.

"Now, calm down. It'll be ready in no time." Mallow tells him. "Just relax."

Suddenly, Sophocles' stomach starts rumbling loudly. "I even skipped lunch to be part of this. I'm so hungry!" said Sophocles, causing everyone to laugh.

"Bounsweet." panted Bounsweet, carrying a glass of water to Ash.

"Pika!" said Pikachu.

"Hey, thanks, Bounsweet." said Ash.

"Helping out at work, huh." said Lillie. "What a sweet Pokémon."

"Bounsweet!" squealed Bounsweet, releasing Sweet Scent. Rowlet trills sleepily and smells Sweet Scent, getting close to Bounsweet.

"Bounsweet! Hm!" said Bounsweet, knocking Rowlet down.

"Bounsweet's working, so stay out of the way." Ash said to Rowlet, who trills.

"Oh! That smells so good." said Sophocles.

"Guess that Sweet Scent affected Sophocles too." said Lana.

"No way!" said Sophocles. "I wasn't talking about Bounsweet!"

"That's from the kitchen." said Kiawe.

"Yeah, youre right." said Ash.

"I can't wait anymore!" said Hayley, holding her Pokémon egg close to her stomach as they all smell the delicious food Mallow was making. "That smells so good that I want to eat it all."

"Lucar, Lucario!" squealed Meeko, sighing in delight. Pikachu walks into the kitchen, following the smell when Mallow picks him up.

"Pikachu. Pika?" said Pikachu.

"Hey, Pikachu! Would you mind helping me?" she asked.

"Pika?" Pikachu asked as Mallow picks him up.

"Mm." said Ash, daydreaming about the dish when suddenly Pikachu's thunderbolt flashed through the window. "What's going on in there?" Everyone gasped as Mallow comes out, singed from Pikachu's thunderbolt.

"Oh my." said Hayley as Mallow whimpers.

"Mallow! You're all burnt!" said Lana.

"Are you all right?" asked Lillie.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. Here!" Mallow said, chuckling as she held out a bowl. "My legendary Alolan stew is ready!"

"It's legendary?" asked Kiawe.

"I could eat it all!" said Sophocles and Hayley.

"Whoa! It looks so good." said Ash.

"It's a little bit burnt." said Kiawe.

"And I made this one for you!" said Mallow, setting down two bowls for the Pokémon. "My special Pokémon food recipe!"

"Wow, Mallow, thanks!" they all said, then digs into their food. "Mm!" After one bite, they suddenly screamed as they feel the thunderbolt in their food. "What happened?" asked Rotom.

"Well? Surprised? Like it?" asked Mallow.

"Mallow, what's in this stew anyway?" asked Kiawe, grunting as he lifts up his head.

"See, the kick at the end makes you want to eat more, right." explained Mallow. "That bold and tingly aftertaste is what makes Alolan stew so legendary."

"Its bold alright." said Lillie.

"Like a thunderbolt." added Lana.

"It feels like when Hayley and I get zapped by Pikachu." said Ash.

"Only, this is the first time we can actually feel it in our mouths." said Hayley as a spark of electricity went through her hair.

"Pika! Pikachu!" Pikachu said to the siblings.

"Did you...." Kiawe started to ask.

"Yup. For a finishing touch, I added a pinch of thunderbolt." said Mallow.

"All right, Pikachu, thunderbolt!" said Mallow, with a ladle in her hand.

"Pikachu!" shouted Pikachu, aiming his thunderbolt for the pot.

"Maybe I used a bigger pinch than I thought." Mallow added with her hand behind her head.

"I think your thunderbolt burnt my taste buds, Pikachu." said Hayley, tearfully as she pokes her tongue.

"Lucar?" asked Meeko, concerned as she rushes over to Hayley.

"Pika!" said Pikachu, hopping into her lap to take a closer look. "Pika-Pika."

"So tell us, what's in Legendary Alolan stew?" Lillie asked as Pikachu pokes Hayley's tongue.

"Well, it's like this." said Mallow.

"Hey! Welcome!" said Mallow's dad, walking into the restaurant.

"Dad!" Mallow called out.

"Good to see you again." said Lillie.

"Mallow's dad?" asked Lana. "Why is Alolan stew legendary?"

"Oh, well, why you ask? Then, I'll tell you." he said. "It was served long ago whenever there were festivals or ceremonies. Delicious! But the recipe had been forgotten over the ages."

"That is legendary." said Ash.

"Ever hear of it?" Lana asked Kiawe.

"No. That's a new one on me." Kiawe replied.

"Mallow, if the recipe was forgotten, how did you learn to make it?" asked Lillie.

"See?" Mallow asked, holding a recipe book in her hand. "From this."

"What's that?" asked Ash.

"A cookbook with the Alolan stew recipe. My older brother sent it to me!" said Mallow, opening to the page with the Legendary Alolan stew.

"You told me about him. Is he on a journey to learn about cooking?" asked Lana.

"Yeah! He said the recipe for Alolan stew was in an old manuscript he found while traveling." Mallow explained. "So he made a copy for me. Isn't that sweet?"

"What a nice brother." said Lillie.

"Yeah. He is! Its Yellow Nectar." said Mallow. "You need it to make sure it gets done just right. Yellow Nectar is the magic ingredient that leaves a real shocking aftertaste."

"I've heard of that nectar, but it's not in season now, so you can't get any." said Lillie.

"Right. That's the reason I tried using a Thunderbolt as a substitute!" Mallow explained.

"How's Hayley's tongue, Pikachu?" Ash asked.

"Pika, Pika." said Pikachu, patting Hayley's cheek.

"I feel better now. Thanks, Pikachu." said Hayley, hugging Pikachu.

"Cha." squealed Pikachu as Hayley pulls back. "Pikachu."

"Lucario." said Meeko, butting her head against the mouse.

"Pikachu really cares about Hayley, doesn't he?" asked Lillie.

"Yeah, he sure does." said Ash. "Pikachu, Hayley and Meeko have a special kind of relationship."

"That's because Pikachu's special to us." said Hayley as Meeko nodded.

"Pi-Pikachu." said Pikachu.

"It makes no sense, no sense at all." said Kiawe, referring to Mallow using Pikachu's thunderbolt as a substitute. "Thunderbolt? Come on! What kind of an idea is that?"

"Hm. Uh...I wanted to perfect it and make it a signature dish for my family's restaurant, but..." said Mallow.

"Bounsweet!" said Bounsweet, hopping into Mallow's hands.

"You're right! Let's keep trying until we perfect it." Mallow said to Bounsweet.

"Bounsweet!"

"I want seconds!" said Sophocles, finishing the stew. "It's so tasty! The zapped flavor makes it spicy. My mouth is wired with great taste."

"Should we be concerned about him?" asked Hayley as random electricity was in his mouth.

"I think we should be." said Mallow as they gasped.

"Skipping lunch does amazing things." commented Lana.

"Say! I'll cook something up for you guys. How about that? It's on the house!" said Mallow's dad, causing his daughter to sigh.

"Really?" asked Lana.

"Sure!" he said. "I've got a reputation to live up to!"

"You're eating again?" asked Rotom as they cheered.

"Yeah! Time to eat!" they all shouted when Mallow's dad finished cooking up something for them. "Thanks for all the food!"

"Thank you too!" said Mallow, as her friends left the restaurant.

"My tummy's very happy." said Sophocles.

"Careful on your way home, guys." said Mallow's dad.

"Right!" they said.

"See you!" said Kiawe, getting on Charizard's back and taking off.

"See you at school! Bye-bye."

"Hey! Rowlet!" said Ash as Rowlet takes off after Bounsweet.

"Huh?" Bounsweet was chased to a window before finally knocking Rowlet into the ceiling fan.

"Pika." said Pikachu.

"I worry about you, Rowlet." said Hayley.

"Pikipek!" said Leilani.

"Cario." said Meeko.

"Oh, man. Come on." said Ash, picking Rowlet up.

"Hey, Ash, Hayley, thank you for today." Mallow said to them.

"We should be thanking you!" said Ash, with Hayley nodding.

"Pikachu! Lucario!" said Pikachu and Meeko.

"Hey. What did Lillie mean when she said Yellow Nectar isn't in season right now?" Ash asked.

"Oh, not being in season means...." Mallow started to explain.

"Don't worry, Mallow. I'll explain." said her father.

"Huh?"

"You can only get Yellow Nectar at a certain time of year with one exception." said Mallow's dad.

"Uh, exception?" asked Mallow.

"That's right! I'm sure." he said. "At least that's what Grandpa said."

"That's clear." sighed Mallow.

"I know! Let's go look for it tomorrow!" said Ash. "I'll help you out, too!"

"So will I!" said Hayley.

"Pikachu!" said Pikachu.

"Lucario!" said Meeko.

"Yeah? Really?" asked Mallow.

"Yeah! I want to try legendary Alolan stew for real!" said Ash.

"And without the thunderbolt this time." said Hayley.

"Mm-hm." Mallow said, chuckling. Out in the forest, Team Rocket chuckled as they finally finished their base. "Finally." said Jessie.

"Finally." said James.

"Finally." said Meowth.

"The new Team Rocket secret base is a reality!" all three said.

"Wobbuffet!" said Wobbuffet.

"We pulled it off." said Meowth with tears in his eyes.

"After large bouts of hibernation!" said James.

"So, now we can finally concentrate on our main mission!" said Jessie.

"This time we're going to catch that Twerp's Pikachu and his sister's Riolu for sure." said James.

"With piles of Alolan Pokémon. Maybe more!" added Meowth.

"Wobbuffet!"

"So, let's get cracking!" said Jessie. "Team Rocket, off we go!"

"Yo, ho, ho!" said the boys.

"I'm tired." Jessie said, feeling exhausted. "Let's save it for tomorrow."

"Yo, ho, oh." The next day, Ash and Hayley join Mallow in the forest behind the restaurant. "All right, where should we start looking, Mallow?" Ash asked.

"You both okay with this?" asked Mallow. "My dad wasn't exactly clear with his explanation, you know? We may be walking all day and find nothing."

"I'm okay with it as long as I'm not stuck inside all day." said Hayley.

"Fear not!" said Rotom. "When it comes to daunting challenges, leave it to me! Beginning search for Yellow Nectar. Oricorio, Pom-Pom Style."

"What does that have to do with this?" asked Mallow.

"And that particular Oricorio?" asked Hayley.

"My data shows that Yellow Nectar is Oricorio's favorite." explained Rotom. "So, we find an Oricorio and follow it."

"Oh!" said the girls.

"That makes more sense." said Hayley.

"It'll lead us to where we find that Yellow Nectar." said Ash.

"Correct!" said Rotom.

"Smart thinking, Rotom." said Hayley.

"But our current chances of finding Oricorio are down to 8%." Rotom tells them.

"You know what, I'll take 8%." said Ash.

"Me too." said Hayley.

"Mm-hm." said Mallow.

"All right. Let's do it! We're all set." said Ash as Mallow and Hayley cheered. Mallow looks in a hole of a tree while standing on Ash's shoulders. "Anything?" he asked.

"Nothing." said Mallow. Leilani and Rowlet asked their friends on where they can find an Oricorio. "Find anything?" Mallow called out.

"Doesn't look like it." said Ash.

"Anything?" asked Ash as he held Hayley's hand while they went inside a cave.

"Nothing." said Mallow when she turned to see a set of glowing eyes coming from a Golbat, causing them to scream.

"Man, remind me not to go in there again." said Ash.

"You got it, Ashy." said Hayley.

"Five hours have passed since we began our search." said Rotom. "The chances of finding it now are 0.3%."

"So what?" asked Mallow. "I'm determined to find some yellow nectar! And then I'll cook that stew the right way and make it our restaurant's signature dish!"

"Wow, you're pumped, but why is a signature dish so important in the first place?" asked Ash.

"Huh?" said Mallow.

"I mean, your menu's full of tasty stuff already." he tells her.

"Don't forget mouthwatering." added Hayley.

"My dream is to make our restaurant the number one restaurant in Alola." said Mallow.

"Wow, that's a big dream." said Ash.

"That's bigger than my dream." said Hayley.

"A great signature dish would bring in customers from all over." Mallow explained. "I want more people to enjoy Dad's cooking."

"You're right. That's a great idea!" said Ash and Hayley.

"Once I perfect it, you both can be the first to sample it." said Mallow.

"Bounsweet." said Bounsweet.

"Just leave it to me!" said Ash. "I'm going to find that Yellow Nectar for you for sure!"

"Mm-hm!" said Mallow.

"A signature dish?" asked Jessie as she and her fellow members were hiding in the bushes.

"Some big dream." said James.

"Yellow Nectar. Sounds like we could sell it for a lot of moolah!" said Meowth.

"Slight change of plans." said Jessie. "Why find the nectar when we can steal theirs?"

"Yeah!" they whispered.

"Boun." squealed Bounsweet as it was being chased by Pikachu and Meeko.

"Hey, we're leaving!" Mallow called out. Bounsweet releases Sweet Scent, causing Rowlet to follow and get hit.

"Wow. Hard to tell if they get along, or not." said Mallow.

"Good point." said Hayley.

"That's it!" said Ash. "That gives me an idea!"

"Uh, what kind of idea?" asked Mallow.

"A way to find an Oricorio." said Ash. "Oricorio can fly too, right? So if we can get Bounsweet to use Sweet Scent a bunch, it might come after it like Rowlet."

"That's a great idea." said Mallow.

"It's his best one yet." said Hayley.

"Cario." said Meeko.

"Go for it, Bounsweet." said Mallow as they found a tall rock.

"Bounsweet!" squealed Bounsweet, releasing Sweet Scent.

"Whoa check that!" said Ash and Hayley.

"Pikachu! Lucario!" said Pikachu and Meeko as Rowlet trills and takes off.

"Pika! Pika!" said Pikachu.

"Lucario!" said Meeko as she and Pikachu held onto Rowlet.

"You can do it, Bounsweet!" Mallow called out.

"Bounsweet!" said Bounsweet, giving it her all as flying Pokémon came around.

"They're gathering." said Ash. "Yeah."

"Bounsweet?" asked Bounsweet, looking at the Pokémon around her.

"See it?" asked Mallow.

"No." said Hayley.

"Not a sign." said Ash.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said as Rowlet snores behind him.

"Cario." said Meeko. Rowlet opened its eyes and takes a look at a Pelipper, who takes it into its mouth. Rotom, on the other hand, starts taking pictures of the Pokémon gathered around them before seeing an Oricorio coming up to Bounsweet.

"Huh? Guys? Over there!" said Rotom.

"Huh?" they said as they see Oricorio staring down Bounsweet.

"An Oricorio." said Ash.

"Boun! Boun!" said Bounsweet, jumping up and down as Oricorio trills. "Bounsweet."

"It's leaving." said Mallow.

"Let's follow it!" said Ash.

"Come on, Bounsweet." said Mallow as they ran after it. "Slow down."

"Come on, Oricorio, wait for us!" Ash called out.

"Yeah! Some of us are younger than others!" said Hayley.

"Pika! Pika!" shouted Pikachu.

"Cario!" shouted Meeko.

"Oricorio!" trilled Oricorio, as it looks over its shoulder before flying faster. "Oricorio!"

"Don't leave, please?" begged Mallow when Bounsweet had an idea.

"Bounsweet!" shouted Bounsweet as she releases Sweet Scent, bringing Oricorio towards her.

"That did it!" said Ash.

"Bounsweet!"

"Ori?" asked Oricorio. "Oricorio!"

"No, not that!" said Mallow.

"Bounsweet!" Bounsweet said, sending another round of Sweet Scent.

"That did it!" said Ash.

"Bounsweet!"

"No!" shouted Mallow as Oricorio flies away.

"Bounsweet!" Over and over again, Bounsweet uses Sweet Scent on Oricorio until Mallow, Ash and Hayley tired themselves out from running. "So....much...running...." panted Hayley.

"Lucario!" said Meeko.

"Slow down." Mallow panted after Oricorio. A tired Rowlet and Rotom were hovering over ground as they went after Oricorio. "Huh?" said Ash, looking up.

"Bou...Bounsweet.....Bou...." groaned Bounsweet, as she falls from the sky.

"Bounsweet! Bounsweet, you tried so hard!" Mallow said, catching her. "Thank you so much!"

"Yeah, thanks! We'll handle this." said Ash.

"Oricorio!" trilled Oricorio as it heads into a cave with water running through it.

"Over there!" shouted Rotom.

"Ri! Ri! Oricorio! Oricorio." said Oricorio, entering the cave and the others followed.

"Huh?"

"Pika? Lucario?"

"Where are we?" asked Mallow.

"Oricorio!" said Oricorio, flying down to a field of flowers as the trio gasped. "Ri! Ri! Oricorio!"

"Wow, is that the Yellow Nectar?" asked Ash.

"After all that running was worth it!" said Mallow.

"You're right." said Rotom.

"You said it!" said Hayley. As Pikachu and the other Pokémon squealed, another Oricorio appeared. "That's a Baile Style Oricorio." said Rotom.

"Ori! Ori! Ori!" trilled the Baile style.

"Cor! Corio! Oricorio!" replied the Pom-Pom style as Baile Style Oricorio drinks the yellow nectar.

"Oricorio!" said Baile Style Oricorio, transforming into Pom-Pom style. "Rio!"

"So that's how the Oricorio do it." said Hayley.

"Hey, Rotom, what's going on?" asked Ash.

"It transformed from Baile Style into Pom-Pom Style." said Rotom. "Um, um, Oricorio can change its form by sipping the nectar of flowers that only grow here in Alola.

"Come on!" shouted Ash.

"Right!" said Mallow and Hayley.

"Pikachu!" shouted Pikachu.

"Cario!" said Meeko.

"Awesome." said Ash. Suddenly, a net below them activates capturing all but Bounsweet inside. "Bounsweet! Bounsweet!" Bounsweet cried out to Mallow.

"What's going on?" asked Ash.

"I'm being squished here!" said Hayley.

"What's going on is certainly not you." said Jessie.

"The nature of Twerps is they don't have a clue!" said James.

"The beauty so radiant, the flowers and moon hide in shame. A single flower of evil in this fleeting world. Jessie!"

"The nobly heroic man of our times! The master of darkness fighting back against a tragic world! Its James."

"It's all for one and one for all! A glittering dark star that always shines bright! Dig it, while Meowth takes flight!"

"Team Rocket, lets fight!" said Jessie and James.

"That's right!" said Meowth.

"Wobbuffet!" said Wobbuffet.

"Team Rocket!" shouted Ash.

"We wrote the manual on success!" said Meowth.

"Did they really publish one?" asked Ash.

"I don't remember them ever publishing a manual on success." said Hayley.

"How do you know?" asked Mallow.

"I know someone who publishes stuff." She tells her. "They would need someone to at least read it first before it goes to the publishers."

"Will you shut up over there!" shouted Meowth, waving a fist at them.

"Lucari!" shouted Meeko, using Psychic on Meowth to drop him on his head.

"Duly noted." said Meowth, getting up from the ground.

"Nectar-napping! It's the thing we do best!" said Jessie.

"Take it, Meowth." said James.

"Dig it! This sucker works great on Yellow Nectar as well!" said Meowth holding one of their machines.

"Versatile and creative." said James.

"Save the sweet talk for later!" said Jessie as Meowth steams over to the Yellow flowers.

"It's nectar city!" said Meowth and starts sucking in the flowers with his machine.

"No!" Mallow cried out. "They're taking them all away!"

"You've got a front row seat for the fun!" said James.

"No!" shouted Mallow.

"Stop it now!" shouted Ash.

"This isn't what I call fun!" shouted Hayley.

"Bounsweet! Bounsweet!" scolded Bounsweet as she jumps at James' feet.

"Who's this boinger?" James asked as he picks up Bounsweet.

"I wouldn't care if you gave me money." said Jessie.

"Out!" said James, tossing Bounsweet aside.

"Boun! Boun!" said Bounsweet, being tossed to the ground and gets back up to release Sweet Scent. "Bounsweet! Bounsweet!"

"Everything is beautiful!" said Meowth, sighing and relaxed.

"(Trills)" said Rowlet, relaxing into the net.

"Lucario! Pikachu!" said Meeko and Pikachu, glaring at Rowlet.

"Hey!" Jessie said to Meowth. "Get your head out of those fluffy love clouds."

"She's right. Don't you want the boss's Persian out of a job?" asked James.

"I'm fine! Just messing with your heads." said Meowth, shaking his head out of Bounsweet's attack.

"Bounsweet! Bounsweet!" shouted Bounsweet, angry that Meowth threw off her Sweet scent. "Bounsweet!"

As Bounsweet went up in the air, a white glow surrounds her. "Boun.....sweet!" said Bounsweet as she starts to grow arms and legs. Her four leaves on her head dwindled down to two. "Sweet!"

"Boun...Steenee! Steenee!" exclaimed Steenee.

"What just happened?" asked Mallow.

"Bounsweet evolved!" said Ash and Hayley.

"I care a lot now!" said a shocked Jessie.

"Boinger's cute now!" said an equally shocked James.

"Steenee. The fruit Pokémon. A grass type." said Rotom. "Steenee's hard sepals are developed for protection, making its Double Slap move very powerful."

"Steenee! Steenee! Steenee!" shouted Steenee, sending glowing leaves from a green circle towards the net.

"Yeah!" they cheered once the trio were free.

"Success, eh?" asked James.

"I guess our manual for success got plagiarized." said Meowth, his cheeks red from the Double Slap.

"Now Rowlet! Use Peck!" shouted Ash.

"Rowlet!" trilled Rowlet, heading straight for Meowth's machine, releasing the yellow nectar into the air and caused it to exploded.

"Quick, Steenee, use Double Slap!" shouted Mallow.

"Stee! Steenee!" shouted Steenee, as she Double Slaps Jessie and James, then Meowth and Wobbuffet. "Steenee!"

Team Rocket groans as they fell back. "Steenee!" said Steenee, proud to show off her power.

"Retreat. Retreat." said Jessie as they climbed up the side cliff, groaning.

"Okay, Pikachu. Use thunderbolt!" shouted Ash.

"Pika!" said Pikachu.

"Meeko, use Earthquake!" shouted Hayley.

"Lucario!" shouted Meeko, punching the ground, causing the ground to break. Just before it hits Meowth and Wobbuffet, Bewear blocks both attacks. "Huh?" asked Mallow, Hayley and Ash as they see Bewear take off with Team Rocket.

"We're off with a chubby cheeked blast." said a dispirited Team Rocket.

"Wobbuffet." said Wobbuffet.

"I said it before and I will say it again, I do miss them blasting off into the sky." said Hayley. "As a matter of fact, I actually like seeing them blasting off into the sky."

"Lucario." said Meeko.

"We all do, Hayley." said Ash as they turned to face the flowers so Mallow can collect the Yellow Nectar. In Hayley's backpack, her Pokémon egg slightly begins to glow faintly.

"Steenee." said Steenee as Mallow chuckles.

"Pika!" squealed Pikachu.

"Lucario!" said Meeko.

"(Hoots)" hooted Rowlet.

"The waiting's over...." said Mallow, once they were back at her family's restaurant. "...this time for sure! The real legendary Alolan stew is finally served."

"Steenee." said Steenee, bringing a couple of bowls to Ash and Lana.

"Looks great! Thanks, Steenee." said Ash.

"Thanks a lot." said Lana.

"Steenee's having more fun helping out now that she's evolved." said Lillie as Mallow chuckled.

"Steenee." said Steenee.

"Pikachu!" said Pikachu.

"Lucario!" said Meeko.

"Dig in, everyone." said Mallow.

"All set, Mallow! Let's go!" the others said as they dig in. Their Pokémon stared up in suspense, wondering how it tastes. "How is it?" Mallow asked, nervously.

"Delicious." exclaimed the others causing Mallow to be happy.

"Yay!" cheered Mallow as Steenee squealed happily.

"The tingly aftertaste is so good." said Lillie.

"Its legendary yummy." said Mallow as Hayley nodded with her mouth full.

"Seconds please?" asked the boys.

"It's really good, Mallow." said Ash.

"Yeah. A huge difference from last time." said Kiawe.

"Though I thought the other one was good too!" said Sophocles.

"Thanks to every one of you." said Mallow as Steenee collects the plates. "It's all because we finally tracked down some yellow nectar. Thanks to Ash, Pikachu, Hayley, Meeko, Rotom Dex, Rowlet and Steenee."

"Steenee!" said Steenee.

"I'll be depending on you, Steenee." said Mallow. "You're the best." Just then, Sophocles' stomach grumbles again.

"Pika? Cario?" asked Pikachu and Meeko.

"Oh, no!" said Sophocles. "My tummy's sad knowing we won't ever eat this stew again. I hear you."

"Oh Sophocles." said Lillie.

"Your stomach actually rumbles when it's sad?" asked Lana, skeptically.

"It's not that easy-to-get yellow nectar when it's not in season, but please don't worry!" said Mallow. "It won't be our signature dish, but it's going to stay on our menu as our seasonal dish!"

"All right!" cheered Sophocles.

"I'm glad to hear that." said Lillie.

"Even so, my goal of creating a signature dish for my family's restaurant hasn't changed one bit." said Mallow. "I'll have more menu tastings for all of you to look forward to!"

"Awesome! Can't wait, Mallow." said Ash.

"Steenee!" said Steenee, releasing Sweet Scent and once again, Rowlet heads for Steenee.

"Pika! Pika!" Pikachu said, trying to stop Rowlet, but this time Rowlet gets slapped in the face by Steenee.

"Pikachu." Pikachu said to Rowlet.

"Uh, Ash, where's Hayley?" asked Lana, noticing that the youngest Ketchum was missing.

"She was right here." said Ash, looking down at her empty chair, wondering where she went.

"Found her." said Kiawe, pointing to a corner of the restaurant as white light surrounded Hayley.

"Lucario!" Meeko exclaimed and runs over to her.

"The egg! Its hatching!" said Hayley as a Pokémon with red feathers and tilted its head to the side.

"Oricorio!" said Oricorio, stretching out its wings.

"It was an Oricorio inside the egg." said Hayley.

"And a different one at that." said Ash.

"Which Oricorio is this one, Rotom?" asked Hayley.

"Oricorio, Baile style, a fire and flying type." said Rotom, showing them the Oricorio from earlier. "This Oricorio has sipped red nectar. Its passionate dance moves cause its enemies to combust in both body and mind. It wins the hearts of its enemies with its passionate dancing and then uses the opening it creates to burn them up with blazing flames."

"Cool!" said Hayley.

Narrator: Bounsweet's strong determination to help Mallow, has caused it to evolve into Steenee, and so, along with her Pokémon Partner, Mallow's quest to create a signature dish goes on as the journey continues.

Hayley: Hey, wait a second!

Meeko: Lucario!

Narrator: What?

Hayley: You forgetting something, dude!

Narrator: Oops!

Hayley, placing a hand on her hip: That's right, Mister! My first Alolan Poke-egg hatched and you didn't seem to mention it.

Meeko, walking off screen and flips the narrator upside down: Lucario!

Narrator, gets dropped on his head by Meeko: Ouch! That hurts!

Meeko, walking back into frame with paws in the air: Cario! Lucario!! Lucario!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

241 9 1
Months after the conclusion of the Pokémon World Championship Masters Tournament, Alola Champion Ash was in need of a vacation. He didn't want to go...
7.4K 196 44
Join Ash on his journey of the 10 regions and become the Pokemon Master. Ash and 12 girls harem. Part 2 of the series: Johto.
43.5K 710 17
Faced with his greatest challenge yet in the Master's Eight, Ash will need to become smarter and stronger than ever to succeed. Will he usurp Leon's...
3.5K 187 48
Join Ash on his journey of the 10 regions and become the Pokemon Master. Ash and 12 girls harem. Part 8 of the series: Ancient Sinnoh/Ultra Dimensions