Secret of An Alpha: Repercuss...

By WONDERPSYCHO

(Sequel to Secret of An Alpha: Retribution.) Alpha Luke knows the truth. He is struggling to forgive his mate... More

Chapter One
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four
Chapter thirty-five
Chapter thirty-six
Chapter thirty-seven
Chapter thirty-eight
Chapter thirty-nine
Chapter forty
Part two - Recollection
Chapter forty-one
Chapter forty three
Chapter forty four

Chapter forty-two

615 49 5
By WONDERPSYCHO

The journey back to his Pack was filled with confusion and skepticism. Luke glanced at Peter a few times, but the man was as he knew him. He didn't seem to be holding a secret from his Alpha.

He did feel incomplete some months before, but he attributed that to his grieve. He never once thought of having a mate, even less, Rolus at that.

No. Rolus was not his mate. He was his sister's mate. When he thought of Rolus, a deep sense of hatred and loathing filled him. He didn't know why that feeling suddenly came, but it did. Anything to do with Rolus disgusted him.

If Rolus was his mate, then why didn't his Pack say anything?

Luke tried to remember something. He tried to remember ever seeing Rolus in a different light. Nothing came. It was like a blank wall stood between him and his memories. He tried to recall.

He didn't say anything for the remainder of the drive back, but his mind was filled with what Rolus told him.

They arrived at the Pack. Luke found Tamera waiting for them at the door. She met nervous eyes with Peter, who shrugged. Luke averted his gaze, not wanting them to see that he saw them.

"What did Alpha Rolus want?" Tamera asked, opening the door wide for them to enter. Luke took off his coat, then hung it on the coat rack.

"Wanted for me to stop attacking his Pack," Luke replied, heading to his office with Peter and Tamera on his heels.

"You agreed, right?" Tamera asked.

Luke stopped and glared at her. "Why would I do that?"

Tamera nervously looked at Peter, who shook his head in warning.

"Is there something I should know, Beta and Delta?" Luke snapped.

Peter looked away whilst Tamera tried to sputter some nonsense.

Luke continued to his office to find Shanell and Macey in the office. They stood up upon the door opening. "How did the meeting go?" Macy asked, eyes meeting Luke's.

Luke gestured for Peter to fill them in. He told what he heard Luke tell Tamera. To be fair, Peter left the meeting before they discussed anything.

Looking at his Council, Luke could see that they were uncomfortable and skittish around him. Was it because of the secret they held from him?

"He didn't say anything else?" It was Tamera who asked, arms crossed and eyes not staying in one place.

Luke narrowed his eyes, asking, "Anything like what?"

Tamera staggered under Luke's attention. "I don't know! I was not there!"

His Council was acting suspicious. They all did this. Everytime he came back from the other Pack after attacking, they all huddled in his office and asked questions. Now it made sense. Could Rolus be telling the truth?

"Peter, what's going on?" He addressed his Beta.

Peter shrinked under his eyes. He looked at the others as if asking permission.

"Beta, I hope there is nothing you all are hiding from me because there were some things Alpha Rolus brought to light. Things I hope you are not aware too. I'll asked you again my Beta. Is there something I should know?"

Peter looked like a deer caught in headlights. Luke could smell his fear and anxiety.

When no one said anything, Luke was disappointed. He didn't want to believe Rolus, but his Council didn't leave him with no choice. "Leave. When you're ready to tell me, my door is always open."

When no one moved, Luke sighed. He was not in the mood.

The past year, he's felt like something was amiss in his life. He felt like a facade was plastered on his whole Pack and nothing felt right. The only thing that felt right was the repulsion towards Rolus.

"What did Rolus say?" Tamera asked once again.

Luke shook his head. He was not telling them anything if they were not willing to be honest with him.
__________

The Annual Pack Meeting was in a week, so Luke was busy the last two weeks. It was only touch ups as they already prepared their documents months prior.

He didn't have time to think about Rolus. He has not attacked the other Pack since Rolus asked him to stop. He didn't even know why he listened to Rolus.

Maybe he was desperate for a mate so he clung to the possibility of Rolus being his mate. But then so many have come and claimed to be his mate, and they were lying. What made Rolus different? He ought to ask Peter. He needed to know if Rolus was telling the truth. Then... then... Then what?

No! Rolus was not his mate. Rolus was Lucia's mate and he killed her. The deep hatred he felt for Rolus was so unexplainable that it made him mad. He hated the man, but it was not like this before.

Luke shook his head, trying to rid the headache he felt when he delved too deep into his mind thinking about the other Alpha.
_________

Meeting the other Alphas at the Annual Pack Meeting has always been a chore, especially Alpha Zelda. She was clingy this time more than usual. He didn't remember her being all over him this way. The woman was practically glued to him now. When Leticia came, she headed straight for him.

He felt guilty because he refused her entry to his Pack months ago. So, when she was near him, he ripped Zelda's arm off him, then raised his hands.

"Before you say anything, I can explain," he said, removing the frown on his face.

"Then explain." She was glaring.

Zelda forcefully grabbed his hand and clasped them together. Luke didn't pay her any mind because he was focused on Leticia's anger.

"I've been busy and I didn't want any disturbances. I'm sure you understand, right?"

"Busy doing what? I hope you're not planning to have a small ceremony, right? I should be the first to get the invitation," she said, smiling. She hugged Luke tight, rocking them back and forth.

Luke hugged her back, but he was confused. When she let go, she must have seen the confusion on his face because her smile disappeared.

"You are having a ceremony, right?"

"What ceremony?" He had to ask.

"Your mating ceremony, of course!"

"What mating-" Luke stopped himself, now registering what Leticia said. He stood there frozen, at a loss for words.

"I hope you are going to have a ceremony. Right?"

Luke couldn't reply. He was shocked. Fortunately, Peter came. Or unfortunately because Leticia addressed him.

"Peter, please convince your Alpha to do the mating ceremony. Please?"

Peter looked from Leticia to Luke, then back and forth again. He looked uncomfortable. He better be because now that Leticia has given him an opening, he was going to cease it.

Peter panicked when Luke grabbed his hand and pulled him to the side.

He let go when they were a distance from the others, staring at Peter expectantly.

"What?"

"What?" Luke asked back. His heart was beating harder than ever, afraid to hear the news from Peter. He was afraid that Rolus was right. That he was right all along. That he was the one rejected and Rolus didn't say anything all along.

"Did Rolus tell you?" Peter asked, voice shaking.

Luke was shaking. He was petrified when he asked, "Is it true?"

Peter looked around, for a way out. Luke didn't need anymore confirmation. His legs were shaky, and Peter reacted in time to catch him before he could fall.

"Sorry, Luke. I was going to tell you, but I-"

"Are you alright, Luke?" Rolus asked, touching Luke's shoulder.

"Don't touch me," he said, voice venomous.

Rolus staggered back, the hurt in his eyes angering Luke more.

Peter ushered Luke to their car, saying something about Luke not to the meeting. Luke felt like he was underwater. Everything happened, passing him by.

He put his head on the dashboard and closed his eyes. He couldn't feel anything. He felt like he was drowning, and there was no one to save him.

When he awoke, he felt disoriented. When he checked the time, he saw that the meeting was still in progress.

He looked at his face on the mirror, checking to see if he was still proper. When he saw the sweat on his face, he grabbed the tissue and wiped it. His mind was muddled, but he was functioning alright. He saw it best to show face at the meeting.

He got out of the car, then went to the entrance. When he entered, he saw that the meeting was over. Peter was by his side when he saw him.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, holding his shoulder.

Luke was mad at Peter, but he contained himself. He didn't want the other Alphas to see that they were fighting.

Alpha Christian came to them, asking how he was feeling.

"I'm fine now," he replied, glaring at Rolus when he was about to come over.

Alpha Christian seemed to notice and chuckled, asking, "Trouble in paradise?"

If he didn't respect the man, Luke would have glared at him.

"Congratulations, Alpha Luke. Both of you actually. It is always a joy to see Alphas having their mates. I am happy to officiate the ceremony, if you will have me. I know the last time I did that, Rolus ran away." Alpha Christian laughed dryly.

Luke looked at Rolus in surprise. Rolus looked away, his cheeks becoming pink.

"I'll never forget that day!" Alpha Zelda said, coming up beside Luke and standing too close for comfort. "He ran away from his replacement mate. Now, come to think of it, he was running after you. Oh, wow! And you should have seen poor Tamara!"

"It's Tamera," Alpha Leticia corrected, pulling Zelda to her side, probably to get her away from Luke since Rolus was growling.

Luke turned around to face Rolus. He was definitely growling.

"Well, be sure to send out those invitations. It's been a year. We all want to celebrate with you," Alpha Christian said. He bid everyone goodbye.

Leticia followed after, with the promise of coming over to the Pack. As for Zelda, she was glaring at Rolus like it was his fault that her and Luke couldn't get together.

And Luke just realised that Rolus came with his Gamma. The man was standing behind Rolus, avoiding his stare.

"Give me a call, alright?" Alpha Zelda said, smiling at Luke.

Luke nodded, just to get her to leave. When she left, it was just the four of them left. Luke didn't know what to do or say, but what he knew was that being in close proximity made his wolf want to tear the other Alpha apart. If they were truly mates, then why did he feel this way?

There was no love from his side or care. All he felt was deep hate.

When Rolus sat down, he expected Luke to do the same. Luke didn't, but he didn't leave either. He just wanted answers.

Peter and Zachariah seemed to have a silent agreement to excuse themselves. The room became stifling the moment they left.

Luke had a half a mind to leave too, but restrained himself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

547K 8.9K 15
Luke has been head over heels for his brother's best friend for longer than he can even remember, but he's never had the courage to do anything about...
26.7K 2.2K 69
After being cursed never to find his mate, Alpha Kendrick of the Tala pack has accepted that he will have to rule without anyone by his side and has...
986K 49.1K 57
Book Two in The Cure Series Charles Black is the alpha. He was just apointed the alpha a year ago, and he is already messing it up. A female had ent...
116K 4.8K 21
Book is very unedited! Torrence the soon to be alpha of the Eastern Sen Pack, finds his mate and future Luna of the pack. A tall blonde haired omega...