Kidnapped By Mistake (COMPLET...

By iamnotyourdoll123

My name is Rosabelle Johnson and this is my love story. It's tragic and hopeful all at once. I was a normal e... More

Author's note
Chapter 1 (edited)
Chapter 2 (edited)
chapter 3 (edited)
Chapter 5 (edited)
Chapter 6 (edited)
Chapter 7 (edited)
Chapter 8 (edited)
Chapter 9 (edited)
Chapter 10 (edited)
Chapter 11 (edited)
Chapter 12 (edited)
Chapter 13 (edited)
Chapter 14 (edited)
Chapter 15 (edited)
Chapter 16 (edited)
Chapter 17 (edited)
Chapter 18 (edited)
Chapter 19 (edited)
Chapter 20 (edited)
Chapter 21 (edited)
Chapter 22 (edited)
Chapter 23 (edited)
Chapter 24 (edited)
Chapter 25 (edited)
Chapter 26 (edited)
Chapter 27 (edited)
Chapter 28 (edited)

Chapter 4 (edited)

2.2K 65 2
By iamnotyourdoll123

"Okay, Sam let's go." I lifted the heavy trash bag and opened the back door. She followed shutting off the lights and locking the door. We carried the trash to the bins and then wandered in the direction of the street.

"See you later!" She called heading in the opposite direction towards her house.

"Bye!" I called following the streetlights to my house. I stayed close to the street and well away from the alleys wary of their pitfalls. I glanced over my shoulder catching a glimpse of someone moving. I stopped turning back and staring into the darkness. Taking a step forward I peeked around the corner into the alley. It was empty. "This is stupid," I growled lowly to myself and started walking again. Coming up to the house I searched my pockets for the house keys. When I couldn't find them I stopped searching all of my pockets more frantically and finally looking at the ground around me thinking I might have dropped them. "You've got to be kidding me!" I groaned in frustration slamming my hand against the door. The locked door.

"Need a hand?" a familiar voice called from the street. I leaned my forehead against the door closing my eyes and reopening them before turning around.

"No, I'm fine." I crossed my arms over my chest and glanced past Troy's head to the street. "What are you doing here?" I demanded.

"Well, I remember some girl I met in the woods mentioning if we met again under different circumstances she might like to do 'that thing' again." He came closer stopping at the bottom of the stairs.

"Oh yeah? That was before you abandoned me in the woods." I held my ground and grit my molars together.

"I didn't..." He trailed off not finishing his sentence.

"You didn't what? Leave me to fend for myself surrounded by a pack of wolves? Because I was there and you did, you all did. So I suggest you leave now because it's my turn. Except I'm not abandoning anything I'm kicking you off my lawn." The anger was something that my higher brain function could hold onto and use to overpower the insane urge to run down the stairs and throw myself into his arms.

"Fine I thought you needed a hand but clearly I was wrong." He growled.

"Not every girl is a damsel in distress," I muttered to myself as the familiar Disney line from Hercules filtered through my mind. I'm a damsel, I'm in distress. I can handle this.

"What was that?" He turned back to me.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" My head turned as Robert came from the alley behind the house. He turned on me, "Get inside now."

"Umm..." I started gesturing to the door.

"I said inside now!" He barked out. I backed towards the locked door standing with my back to it.

"But-!"

"God Dammit Rosabelle! For once in your life listen to me."

"Okay, I would but..."

"Stop yelling at her." Troy snarled.

"Don't tell me how to talk to her, and while you're at it get the hell off my property." Robert turned on him and stalked closer.

"Robert!" I called. "Stop it."

"Go inside! Now!"

"I can't," I yelled back at him. "I can't go inside I'm locked out, hence why I'm still standing here watching you idiots talk about me as if I can't hear you." I snapped jogging down the stairs to stand between them. Robert reached into his pocket and pulled out his keys thrusting them at me. He put his hands on my shoulders and physically turned my body to face the house.

"There now go inside." I wanted to argue but there was something going on here that I knew I didn't understand right now. But I would figure it out, I vowed. I threw a quick look at Troy before heading up to the front door. I opened it and slipped inside, but before I closed it completely I stopped pressing close so I could hear what they were saying.

"Stay the fuck away from my sister, you hear? And while you're at it get the hell out of my territory." Territory? I didn't have much time to ponder that before their conversation distracted me.

"You can't stop me from seeing her and you know it." Troy taunted. "Pack laws indicate that I have a right to my mate." Mate? My brow furrowed further at their strange talk. Packs? Mates? And territories? This was some strange gang talk as far as I was concerned, not that I knew anything about gangs.

"She's not your mate." I could practically hear Robbie's teeth gritting together from here. "You may think that she is but there's no way in hell my sister would be mated to the likes of you."

"She is mine. Ask her she'll tell you." I narrowed my eyes at his sure tone.

"That's impossible she doesn't know."

"Doesn't know what?" Yeah, doesn't know what? I thought.

"Never mind it's none of your business anyway, now leave before I call the guardians." What the hell was he talking about? I had more questions than answers at this point. Hearing my brother move towards the door I scrambled away into the living room not bothering to shut the door fully. Either way, he'd probably know I'd been listening. I paced waiting for his footsteps to reach the door. I looked up when he slammed it shut.

"Why were you talking to him?" He snarled before I could ask him the questions that were burning on the tip of my tongue.

"He came into the diner while I was working, I was telling him to leave right when you got here." I explained sitting with my knees pressed to my chest on the couch. I decided to leave out the part where I actually met him in a forest. The less my brother knew about that the better.

"What did he say to you?"

"What do you mean?"

"What did he tell you about why he was here?"

"Umm... he didn't because I didn't talk to him beyond telling him to leave. Why? Is there something I should know?"

"No, but stay away from him. He's no good."

"Says who?" I demanded.

"Says me. You know your older brother." I rolled my eyes before sobering.

"How do you know? Are you doing something dangerous?"

"What? No." He insisted.

"Then how do you know he's dangerous?" I stood up and crossed my arms over my chest.

"I just do, I know guys like him."

"So now you know guys like him? What else aren't you telling me?" I accused.

"What do you mean?" His brow furrowed into a confused frown.

"What don't I know?" My lips pinched into a firm line.

"What?"

"Don't play dumb. I heard you two talking. What don't I know?" I watched his expression searching for the answers in his gaze.

"It's not important right now. Don't you have school tomorrow?" His change of subject was noted in my mind as I switched my line of questioning.

"Fine, try this question on for size, what are guardians?" I changed tactics.

"I will explain later it's late now, you should get to bed." His demeanor of calm cracked and his hand came up running through his hair.

"Fine." I walked away frustrated and headed upstairs to my room.

*****************

The next morning I put my hair in a bun and threw on some jeans, a grey tee shirt and a belted jacket. I hesitated before walking down the stairs. My anger had caused me to toss and turn all night long while I'm sure he slept like a baby. I knew he hadn't left yet because I always heard the door slam when he did. I walked into the kitchen ignoring Robert. I grabbed an apple and a granola bar before leaving taking my book bag from the front door. I walked outside letting the screen door slam behind me.

"Rosie! Wait."

"Can't I'm late." I lied pulling my headphones out of my bag and shoving them in my ears putting my playlist on shuffle. I walked past the car and continued down the drive and onto the street. Normally he'd drive me to school but not today. I knew that he was keeping secrets but I assumed that they pertained to his job and that he'd at least be honest with me about me.

I walked through the downtown streets to my school. The parking lot was filled with "the cool kids" who stood around and did god knows what. I walked past all of them and entered the building heading straight for my locker and hopefully my friends. Opening the locker I pulled out the books I needed for first and second class. Slamming the door I turned heading in the direction of Jozelle's locker. She wasn't there so I continued on to my class sighing. In class I pulled out my notebook and pen. The bell rang and people slowly dribbled in, I kept glancing at the door waiting for my friends but strangely they didn't show. Looking around I realized that half the class was empty of students. It was Friday so that didn't really surprise me but what did was the lack of notice from my friends. They usually texted if they were going to be late. That only added to my anger, which simmered throughout the class and into the next when they didn't show again. By third class, I was expecting to spend the entire day alone, but a bunch of people showed up including Jozelle, Maybella, and Audrey. I threw a glance at them but then looked at my paper starting to write down what was written on the board.

After class I picked up my things and left, heading straight for my locker.

"Rosie, wait!" Jozelle followed me out into the crowded halls.

"What? So you can explain how you three clearly ditched me?" I didn't turn around carrying my head high.

"Will you just listen?" I had to stop because I was standing in front of my locker.

"Fine. I'm listening." I didn't look at her focusing on the combination lock holding my stuff hostage.

"Come on I know you're not mad at me." She pleaded from beside me.

"Yeah, actually I am." I threw a glare at her before yanking open my locker and shoving my books in it.

"Okay, but you're really actually mad at your brother."

"How would you know that? Seriously is everyone I know a mind reader?" I swiveled my head looking at her intensely.

"I ran into him this morning, which is partly why I was late and then I got called in for a work meeting which is the other reason I'm late."

"That's a convenient excuse." Some of my previous fire had dulled seeing as I could find no fault with her reason.

"Yeah well, the truth often is," She said. I shut the locker and leaned against it facing her. "So, you wanna tell me why you're so pissed at Robert?" She grinned her blonde hair bouncing in its ponytail as she shifted positions.

"He knows something about me and has known for a long time. I asked him about it but he won't tell me what the hell is going on."

"Maybe he has a good reason."

"Why are you defending him?" I asked curious what was going on. Maybe Robert was sneaking away to see Jozelle? My face formed into a frown as she adjusted her books in one arm to hastily swipe some blonde hairs away from her face.

"No reason, I just think that everyone deserves a chance to be heard." Hmm... I couldn't find fault with her reason so I left it alone.

"Well, all I can say is that he'd better have a good reason because once he tells me I'm going to beat him for keeping it from me." She laughed and I couldn't help but smile.

"Well good luck with that endeavor, I can't say I'll help but I would love to see that."

"Stick around and you will."

We both walked out of the school heading to her car. Audrey and Maybella were already there waiting for us.

"Are you mad?" Maybella asked timidly.

"I guess I forgive you, but just this once." I teased as we got in the car. We headed for a familiar lunch at Mabel's something that was our routine for the entire senior year. It all started with a failed exam and the only cure was Mabel's milkshakes. Ever since it had been a much needed reprieve from the monotony of attending the same classes everyday. We walked in to the familiar lunch crowd and the same waitress, Carol, taking our orders.

Only this time it was different.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 45.9K 44
||Highest ranking-29 in werewolf|| • Find the rewritten version on my profile, it's not complete yet but it's written better than this original• I g...
223K 5.1K 22
Francisco's P.O.V. I'm Francisco The CEO of a technical company, Im 28 years old and I still haven't found my mate. After a rough day at work I go to...
55.5K 1.8K 32
Pack destroyed. Father dead, mother dead, sister dead. Little Brayden is left alone. If it weren't for the teenage Alpha that finds him and takes him...
529K 32.9K 32
Wolf's Peak Book 4 Fate only gives a shifter one mate in their lifetime but rarely will she give a second chance mate. Fate has watched Adrian find a...