Tied to a Cervantes

By RedStilettoes

It is not wrong to run. It is not wrong to choose yourself. It is not a sin to rebel against everyone because... More

Tied To a Cervantes
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 37

479 19 2
By RedStilettoes

Abrianna

Vince and Vienna came back after almost two hours. They really went out to buy coffee because they came back holding two paper cups. Hindi ko alam kung sinadya nilang magtagal pero ngayong naririnig ko ang mga reklamo ni Vienna ay mukhang alam ko na.

"You know what? I still don't get it why you have to insist that we buy coffee in the mall eh meron namang malapit na coffee shop dito." She complained to Vince while walking towards Cervantes. She handed him the small paper cup. "You even pulled me anywhere."

"Magpasalamat ka na lang, Vienna."

"For what? For buying me coffee? I can afford, bro."

"Tanga talaga."

"Vince." Cervantes called out Vince which made the latter silent. Ngiting tagumpay naman ang babae. "What brought you two here anyway? Don't you have a class?"

Vienna shook her head. "It was cancelled, kuya so we came to visit you instead and I'm happy that ate is here too!" Malawak ang ngiti na humarap siya sa akin. "Ate we bought you pala my favorite iced cappuccino since Vince and I aren't sure of your favorite drink. Hope you'll like it." Sabay bigay sa akin nang paper cup.

"Thanks."

She beamingly smiled and sat beside me. "So, what's your favorite coffee drink, ate?"

Hinarap ko din siya ng maayos. "I actually don't have a favorite coffee but I go with any of the three– latte, cappuccino, and macchiato. So, this is fine with me."

"That's a relief."

Mahina akong natawa. "You know I would accept anything you give. You don't have to pressure yourselves."

"Weh? Kahit tae ibigay namin?"

"Vienna."

"Ang tanga."

I smiled. "Silly."

She pouted. "Sabi naman kasi ni ate eh anything."

"Bobo talaga kahit kailan."

"That's your ate Abrianna you're talking with. Choose your words properly. And Vince, language."

Vienna stuck her tongue out to Vince which ignited their twin conversation slach bickering. Hinayaan na lang namin sila ng kuya nila. I'm getting used to it now. Surprisingly though, Cervantes can perfectly work just fine. Nakakaya niyang magbasa at gawin ang trabaho niya nang hindi nagrereklamo sa ingay ng dalawa. Pinagsasabihan niya lang ang kambal kapag minumura na talaga nila ang isa't isa. Though, he would sometimes steal a glance at me which I always caught. Akala mo naman teenager para magnakaw ng tingin.

"Oh no sis. We're not on the same level. Uod ka butterfly ako."

"Tanga. Galing sa uod din lang 'yon."

"But it's pretty and it's flying. Duh."

"Huwag mo 'kong kausapin. Arte."

"Oh see, stressed ka na agad."

"Pinagsasabi mo."

"Kiss my ass."

Agad akong tumingin sa dalawa nang buglang tumili si Vienna. "Ang baboy, Xavier Vince!" She was wiping her arms while Vince was wiping his mouth.

"Sorry. Sorry." Kumuha din siya ng tissue at tinulungan ang kambal sa pagpunas sa kamay nito.

"Everything okay there?" They both glanced at me.

"Opo ate, huwag po kayong mag-alala."

I nodded and went back to what I was reading though I made sure that I can still seem them from my peripheral view. They were silently cleaning their mess. They also asked Grego for a mop which the latter gladly showed. I think Vince spluttered his drink on the floor. Cervantes was on his last meeting for today that's why he wasn't around.

"You change our top, Vienna. It's wet, too. You can use kuya's clothes. I'm sure he has some spare shirts in the closet."

"Ang baboy kasi, Vince. Ano ba kasi iniisip mo?"

"Wala ka na doon."

I heard Vienna scoff, followed by the opening of doors.

Grego was about to mop the floor when Vince stopped him. "Ako na po diyan kuya Grego." Kuya Grego? They're..close?

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

"Alright. Just call me if you need anything." Vince started cleaning up their mess. Lihim na lang akong napangiti dahil doon.

A few minutes passed by before Vienna came back. She was now wearing a white long sleeve polo. It was obviously big for her but she was able to pull it off nicely with her mini skirt and white sneakers.

"You can put your sweater in my bag, Vienna." Hawak-hawak niya kasi ito at mukhang hindi alam kung saan ilalagay dahil hand bag 'yong dala niya.

She sheepishly smiled. "Okay lang po, ate?"

"Of course."

"Thank you, ate. You're the best!"

Vince came back after returning the mop and eyed Vienna from head to toe. "Ganda ng suot ah. Hindi ka na mukhang lumpiang pinipiga ngayon."

"Excuse me. Maganda rin kaya outfit ko kanina."

"Sinabi ko bang pangit?"

The door suddenly opened and revealed Cervantes looking handsome with his specs on. He pushed it up his nose bridge and it made my cheek burn hot especially when our eyes met. I wanted to raise him an eyebrow like I usually do but staring at him with his glasses on was impossible. Nakakadagdag intense 'yong may nakaharang sa mata niya. Kadalasan kasi ay tuwing kaharap niya ang screen ko siya makitang naka-glasses.

I tried to stay unbothered as I looked back at my book but I think staying calm while I can still feel his intense gaze was challenging. Parang binabasa niya ako and I think I won't be able to hold much of my calm demeanor. Ang init at bigat ng tingin niya.

Nag-angat ako ng tingin and I wasn't shock anymore when he smirked. He knew that I was affected with his gazes. I knew it. 'Yong tingin pa lang niyang nanghahamon ay malaman na. Mabuti na lang at nakaya ko pang irapan siya bago muling nagbasa.

"What happened to you?" Nagtaas muli ako ng tingin at nakitang nakatingin na siya kay Vienna.

"Vince was disgusting earlier, kuya. Binugahan niya ako nang iniinom niyang tubig at sa damit ko pa talaga. I have to change my sweater and charan! My second ootd!"

Cervantes scanned her. "Well, you look way better with that polo than your sweater."

"Told yah, Vienna."

Vienna's joyful air vanished. "Ba't ba kayo ganyan? Maganda din naman 'yong top ko kanina ah."

"Maganda ba 'yong mukha kang naiipit sa sikip ng damit mo?"

"Kaya nga tinawag na fitted 'yon kasi masikip and hindi kaya ako naiipit."

"Yeah but you literally looked like one. You don't even appear comfortable with it." Cervantes pointed out.

"But I am!"

Cervantes sighed. "Look at me in the eyes and tell me that you were comfortable with the sweater you wore earlier, Vienna."

It took Vienna a second before she faced her kuya. "Fine, I wasn't comfortable–"

"See?"

"–but it looks great and I'm happy with it! Ate!" Vienna glanced at me and I knew that look very well.

"So, comfort over fashion. Is that it, Vienna?"

"Kuya naman eh!"

"Answer me, Vienna."

"Luke.." I intervened. He was starting to give that strict tone again.

"Si ate na nga ang mag-explain sa'yo, kuya. Mas ma-gets mo pa." Vienna then sat beside her twin. Hindi na rin pinilit ni Cervantes ang kapatid at tumabi na sa'kin.

"Take it easy on Vienna." I whispered to him. He sighed kaya iniba ko na muna ang usapan. "How's your meeting?"

"It went well. We talked mostly about this quarter's progress and so far, everything is going smooth. We just gotta keep grinding more." He started to play the ends of my hair then his eyes went to the book I'm holding. "You were reading?"

I nodded and showed it to him. "Saw it in your shelf so I gave it a try. It's nice. I like how the writer explains his point, very precise. No wonder you've finished it." I showed him the highlighted sentences and phrases, including his written notes. "Look. You even have your annotations there."

He checked the book for a second then handed it back to me. "I remember. I read this one when I was in college. You're right. It was really good. I actually bought the author's other work after reading this"

I met his hot eyes. "For real?"

The side of his lips slightly curved up. "Yup, but this one's my favorite, my top recommendation."

"Vince, tara bili ulit ng kape." Pareho kaming tumingin kay Vienna nang bigla itong magsalita. She had that disgusted look. "Hindi ko gusto ang nakikita ko."

"Wala ka sa nakita ko kanina." It was so soft. I wasn't able to catch it.

"What is it, Vince?", asked Vienna.

"Your ate and I are simply talking, Vienna." Cervantes said.

Vienna crossed her arms. "Talking but you looked like you're already dying to kiss ate, kuya! Gosh! I think I wouldn't stand it if ever I'll caught the two of you kissing. Baka mukbang pa makita ko."

Biglang naubo si Vince. Our eyes met and it made me smirk. "Agree ka ba do'n, Vince?"

His face blushed that made me laugh.

It was five in the afternoon when we all left for dinner. The twins were using one car, Vince's driving while I Cervantes and I were tailing them. Mom called earlier and told us that dinner is in their house kaya sabay-sabay na kaming pupunta doon. Bukas na lang kunin 'yong ginamit kong sasakyan.

Dahil na rin rush hour ay mabigat ang traffic. Sobrang ingay din dahil sa naghahalong busina ng mga sasakyan at sigawan ng mga tao. There was even almost an accident on our side. We even have to call Vince to take it easy because he seemed to be inviting accident, too. Umaatras at umaabante siya gayong siksikan ang mga sasakyan. Muntik niya pa nga niya kaming masagi. 'Yon pala ay gago raw 'yong nasa harap nila. Everytime it should move forward, it would pull backward instead kaya umaatras na rin siya para makaiwas.

When we reached their house, Vince slammed the door loud. Nakita ko naman ang pag-irap ni Vienna dito habang bumababa. They were both silent as we entered and that meant only one thing. They fought. Their parents noticed it that they asked. Vienna was the one who explained.

"Ayaw kasi kumalma ni Vince kanina, mom. Kita niya ngang konti na lang eh sasagi na 'yong kotse namin doon sa nasa harap namin eh hindi pa tumigil. Gusto pang sabayan. Naghahanap ng aksidente."

"Mukhang gago kasi. Alam na ngang traffic eh atras abante pa ang laro. Tangina niya."

"Vince, language." Dad said.

"Kaya nga eh! Alam mong gago sinabayan mo pa. Anong pinagkaiba n'yo?"

Mom came near me and initiated a hug while Cervantes kissed her on the cheeks. "Hi, mom." It made her smile.

"Oh 'di ba? 'Di ka rin makasagot?"

"That's enough, kids. Take this as a lesson instead. And Vince exercise patience and control when driving kasama mo mana ng kapatid mo o hindi. It's not helpful to drive when mad or irritated while you Vienna, be calm in reminding your twin when he's driving so it won't add up to his situation, alright?"

The two nodded but it wasn't enough for mom. "Understood?"

"Yes, mom."

We had a casual and normal dinner. The twins were not that lively at first but as the dinner went on, they began to go back to their usual interaction. No sorry was heard but their action already spoke it. Their parents asked us about our trip and we both gladly filled them with the details. Nagkwento rin ang kambal sa experience nila at nakakatuwang makita at marinig ang kadalasang asaran at pagtatalo nila.

A few days passed by when Cervantes suddenly asked me about my plans of going back to work. This was actually my internal dilemma. I'm still confused on where to start. Should I work in our company now or in someone else's? Hindi ko alam. Ayoko kasing magtrabaho samin ngayon kahit gusto ko pero hindi rin ako okay na magtrabaho sa ibang company.

"It's fine with me if you haven't decided yet, love. Don't rush it. Take this moment instead to unwind and enjoy. And if you finally thought about it, whatever your decision is I'll support you."

"Thank you." It meant so much to me that he wasn't rushing me especially that I heard a position was actually already been reserved for me since the beginning. Hindi ko alam kung ano 'yon pero sa ngayon ay ayoko munang alalahanin lalo na't hindi ko pa alam anong status ng company ng ama namin. It's stable I heard but who's handling it now? That's my question.

My mom's effort was poured out in father's business. She left a legacy in there and I don't want that to totally go down to waste. I wanted to continue it. That's the main reason why I wanted to work in our business after everything that my father did.. but I just can't yet. Not now.

I mentally sighed. How I wish it would be easy to just process and make peace with pain, heartaches, and doubts? But of course, life doesn't work that way.

Marami pang bagay ang sa totoong lang ay hindi ko muna pinipiling isipin at pagtuunan ng mansin ngayon kasi mabigat sa dibdib. I may seem to be avoiding them again, trying to run away, but I just want a time for myself to gain my peace and collect my thoughts. Up until then, I think I would be fine staying in the house. Emotional development shouldn't be rushed. Time is needed. And I'm happy that Cervantes is giving me that. He may not be aware of it but the fact that he's not forcing me on things gives me peace.

It was Friday night when Cervantes brought me out for dinner. Pambawi niya daw sa dalawang gabing late siyang umuwi at hindi ako nasabayan for dinner dahil sa overnight meetings niya. As much as he wanted to move those meetings the next, unfortunately, his schedule and his fellows' scheds didn't permit it.

"I hate the idea of not joining you for dinner." He looked complaining, but to himself though, that even if I say that I understand why, it wouldn't console his feelings. It made me giggle.

"Alright, do whatever that could help you with it then."

A stuff guided us to our private room. While looking around, I can't help but feel that it's been a while since we went out for a fine dinner.

Cervantes pulled me a chair. "Thank you."

After stating our orders, the waiter left.

"I heard it wasn't easy to reserve a private room in here." This was also the same place he brought me the first time we went out for dinner, just a different room.

"I'm friends with the owner."

"Friends. Like really friends? Not business partner or colleague?" I clarified. He slowly nodded and it made me confused. "I've never seen you with a friend before nor heard you say you have a friend." It made him laugh a little. "What's his name or her name?" I would know the name of his friend if I knew the owner of this place. Unfortunately, I don't.

"It's a guy, love. He's Caleb Anderson. He just came back to the country after a few years that's why."

"Is he a Filipino? The name Anderson sounds foreign."

"Yes, he is, love. It was his great, great grandfather who is half-Australian."

"How did the that two of you meet anyway?" This is the first time I'll hear about his social life so I'm intrigued and kinda excited.

He sipped an amount from his glass wine first. "We met in college and instantly, became good friends. Unfortunately, he had to fly to Canada after our graduation to take care of his uncle who looked after him since he was in high school. We still kept in touch though, even until now. Two years later he came back and founded this place. Then, went back to Canada again."

"Was he also in Canada when we first came here?"

"Yes, love. I actually told him to come here later so I could introduce you to him."

I'd be happy to meet someone he calls friend. It wasn't that long when our first course was served. We heartfully enjoyed it and continued talking. In the middle of having our dessert, his friend finally came.

Though Cervantes mentioned that it was his great great grandfather who is half-Australian, one can actually say that this man has some foreign blood. He got a sharp pointed noise, a light brown pair of eyes, a nice tan complexion, tall and quite muscular figure, and a dark brown hair. For someone with less than 10 percent of having a foreign blood, he surely doesn't look like one. I doubt he doesn't have someone special in his life right now.

"Love, this is Caleb Anderson. Caleb, this is my beautiful wife, Abrianna Galvez-Cervantes."

He was the first one to extend his hand. "Finally, I've got to see you in flesh, Abrianna."

He looked genuinely happy. Confused, I still shook his hand. "Please, just call me Brianna."

Seeing my confused eyes, he smiled and his deep dimple showed. Damn. Whoever gets to capture this man's heart is lucky enough to be the reason of behind his dimple. "Your husband always mention you so.."

A smile slowly went on my face. "I see. Well, I would get mad if it is someone else he's talking about."

I threw a teasing side glance at Cervantes. My heart reacted when our eyes met. He looked proud and it felt like something tickled my stomach. I thought I finally got over with this feeling but I guess no. It was always there. Hindi ko lang pinagtutuunan ng pansin. I smiled at him then glanced back at Caleb.

"Why don't you join us for a wine? My husband and I would be happy to have you. Cervantes lips tugged up then gently rubbed the side of my waist. He nodded at Caleb.

"It would be my pleasure."

I'm amazed at how Cervantes handled me and his friend in a table. I didn't feel left out when the talk sometimes shifted to business and I also didn't notice Caleb being uncomfortable with how Cervantes looked after me. In between those times, Caleb filled me with a few details of their college life. I thought he was the kind who would cover for Cervantes but I was wrong. It was like his goal was to embarrass his friend in front of me. I would just laugh at how Cervantes would grinned as well as he remembers his college days.

In some cases, topic about exes or girls are intentionally avoided. It is like a taboo when someone's girl is around the guy's friend. To show respect I guess. But in our situation, when Caleb mentioned some girls name, it didn't bother me nor did it made me jealous or overthink for a moment. Maybe because Cervantes also didn't show any reaction that would make me overthink about it. And the way Caleb tell the story, there's nothing to be worried about. It was just like a random name that was mentioned for the sake of a story. Nagpaalam na rin si Caleb pagkatapos dahil may gustong kumausap daw sa kanya.

It was another typical unproductive day for me but so far it was giving me the break that I need. I missed working that's for sure but I knew as well that I have to take a pause for the mean time. As soon as turned off the stove and served my lunch on the table, the door bell rung. We seldomly have visitors. And if it were the twins they wouldn't ring the bell, they'll open the gates themselves. Curious who might it be, I went out to see.

Without checking who it might be, I opened the gate and there stood father in his corporate attire. He looked all serious and one wouldn't miss the authority and power that surrounded him. Behind him were two SUVs and his guards. To say that I was shock is an underestimation. I was in a raging storm. My emotions were going haywire and I have no idea what to do first.

"I see. You still haven't gotten yourselves some helpers and guards." The first words he uttered. Kung hindi pa siya nagsalita ay siguradong hindi ko siya yayayain sa loob. "May I come in?"

Opening the gate, a bit wider, we both entered inside. His guards stayed outside. We were both silent but his eyes were wandering around. I motioned him to take a seat on the coach.

"Water? Coffee?"

He shook his head. "I won't stay long."

Tumango ako at umupo sa harap niya. His eyes were busy gazing at me. "I received the wine you've sent." It caught me off-guard. I wasn't really expecting anything from him when I asked Nema to deliver the wine in the mansion. Tumango na lang ako bilang tugon. He must have sensed the uncomfortable air between us because he cleared his throat then look away for a brief time. A few minutes passed by yet he wasn't still saying anything.

Drawing a heave sigh, I finally asked him. "What do you need, father?" I was still trying to calm my troubled emotion because of his sudden appearance.

His eyes stared back at me. A sad small smile formed on his face, emphasizing some visible wrinkles at the end of his eyes. "How are you, princess?"

•••••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

526 26 12
He fell first she fell harder Bookish romance. . . . . . . . . . . . Okay so this is a normal love marriage but with a twist if your looking for dar...
211K 8.2K 41
"Don't be rude Brat", the jerk husband of mine whispered in my ears. I rolled my eyes but my temper was rising and rising. "You can't wait to kill me...
94.4K 2.3K 45
Completed Enrique She was a kid... a damn kid. I became her friend because my father asked me to befriend a girl 14 years younger than me, and I di...
3.6K 152 20
"Stay away from me, don't talk to me except if it is about my son or about something very important. And lastly don't fall in love with me" he said "...