Diaries of a nanodroid in The...

Por Shadowpotato114

In a clandestine act of scientific subterfuge, a researcher absconds with a cutting-edge combat nanodroid, in... Más

1. The scientist
2. N.A.N.O.W.A.R.R.I.O.R
3. Where am i?
4. Bounty hunters guild
5. White fang.
6. Elise
7. Duke Arlen
8. Valardia
9. The axis
10. The frontline
11. The king's help request
13. The Royal Alchemist
14. Magic research
15. Floknethes battle
16. Western Therabilia
17. Nano's diary
18. Nano's Diaries part ll
19. The prince and Nano
20. Uprising
21. Diplomatic relations
22. Fall of Eurebia
23. Urban warfare
24. Welcome to the Therabilia Axis
25. Rewriting

12. The trial.

16 1 0
Por Shadowpotato114

Taran: noble title similar to queen or empress.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nano goes to the center of the court and proceeds to explain the functioning of the musket.

(Nano-1 breech-loading percussion cap rifle)

Nano: The Nano-1 breech-loading percussion cap musket features an innovative ignition system comprising a hammer and a cone. Within the cone lies a hollow channel extending into the rear of the barrel. Positioned atop the cone is a percussion cap crafted from copper and mercuric fulminate. Upon pulling the trigger, the hammer is released, striking the cap against the cone. This action initiates the fulminate, generating sparks that traverse the aperture in the cone and ignite the fire dust. Subsequently, this ignition sequence propels the projectile out of the barrel with remarkable force and precision.

Nano presents Mogens with an Iosfeldian musket, which operates via a unique flintlock system utilizing a stone infused with fire magic. With this weapon, Mogens demonstrates impressive proficiency, firing off three shots within a mere 60 seconds. However, Nano further astounds the court by entrusting Mogens with the Nano-1 musket, which enables him to achieve an astonishing seven shots within the same timeframe. This remarkable display of rapid-fire leaves the court in awe of the capabilities of the new musket.

Philas: did your creator make this new firearm

Nano: no, your honor, I did.

King Orpheus: it is true, your honor, he was the one who designed it, I saw the entire process.

Father Phalaung: here, Father Phalaung from Ingorkernian Theocracy, I talk regarding the production of these firearms, how big is the budget used to make this firearm?

Nano: probably 400 to 500 Vinosos.

Nano addresses the court, explaining the reason behind the low budget used in the research for the musket. He begins by introducing Edmond Behar, his creator, who was not only a skilled blacksmith but also a researcher in the fields of magic and alchemy. Behar made a groundbreaking discovery in a gold mine, identifying a peculiar substance he named mercury. Through his experiments, Behar found that when dissolved in nitric acid, a natural substance, and distilled, mercury produced a unique crystal.

Nano elaborates that ethanol, a simple liquor, was then added to this crystal, which was subsequently affixed to a small copper cap. He clarifies that he assisted Behar in his research, and upon Behar's passing, the responsibility and knowledge regarding the musket's production fell to him alone.

Nano assures the court that he is the sole individual aware of the intricate process involved in crafting these rifles. Moreover, he offers his expertise and support in the conflict with Valardia, proposing to construct additional weapons for the kingdom if provided with the necessary resources and support.

Philas: well, now that you've explained how this new firearm works, and by how you have shown your aid to the axis to defeat Valardia, lets hear what everyone has to say.

King Proetos: here, king Proetos from the Kingdom of Aberbargia, how much do you think the production of these firearms will cost to the axis?

Nano: 30 to 50 gold vinosos each, but the price could change if we consider the manufacturer, materials used, and craftsmanship, which is why i propose an idea to to be able to produce them at the same cost with the same materials.

The court gets interested in the idea and the judge asks nano:

Philas: and this is?

Nano: factories.

Queen Sahir al-khan: what are factories?

Nano presents a proposal to the court, suggesting the establishment of factories that operate similarly to workshops but focus on the mass production of specific goods. He emphasizes that this approach would help lower the production costs of muskets without affecting the final price for consumers. Intrigued by Nano's idea, the court decided to convene a vote to further discuss and consider its feasibility.

As Nano is escorted out of the court to allow for deliberation, the members contemplate the potential benefits and drawbacks of his proposal. Some express concern about the impact on traditional craftsmen and the quality of goods produced in mass quantities. Others see the potential for increased efficiency and affordability, which could benefit both consumers and the economy as a whole.

After a thorough discussion, the court voted on Nano's idea, weighing its potential risks and benefits. The outcome of the vote will determine whether Nano's proposal moves forward for implementation or requires further refinement.

Court room pavilion.

Elise: so your idea is to make a standard musket to produce it in great quantities.

Nano: yes, and by removing unnecessary things like carved ornaments, we can decrease the amount of weight and lower the price.

Durin: sounds like the same thing made by Valardia, but their muskets are still decorated and look expensive.

Nano: quantity over quality, a great amount of firearms with the same quality of craftsmanship.

Thanh: speaking of which, it was true all that about your creator.

Nano: in part.

Mogens: in part?

Axis guard: Golem Nano, your presence has been requested in the court room.

Nano goes with the guard to the courtroom, leaving confused the group about his origin.

Philas: After thorough deliberation on your proposal for firearm standardization and mass production, we have reached a decision. However, before finalizing our verdict, you must undergo a trial period lasting a minimum of 200 days. During this time, you will be stationed at the Royal Research Building, tasked with addressing a common issue plaguing our city. If you can present a compelling solution by the end of this period, we will reveal our decision. This session is now adjourned.

With the judge's verdict delivered Nano nods in understanding, accepting the terms of the trial set before him. He prepares himself mentally for the challenge ahead, knowing that the next 200 days will be crucial in proving the validity of his proposal. As Nano leaves the courtroom, he reflects on the task at hand. He understands the gravity of the opportunity presented to him and is determined to make the most of it. With his mind focused and his skills honed, Nano sets out to tackle the city's common problem with innovation and ingenuity.

Research building

Nano proceeds to tell everything to Dregu, who remains amazed.

Dregu: fascinating, but 200 days aren't enough to come with something.

Thanh: I know, what if we go outside and explore the city so we can find something for nano.

Elise:fine, everyone, let's help nano with his trial, look at any part of the city, even the minimal problem should be reported to him.

Nano: you don't have to do this, the trial is mine.

Thorin: you're part of the group, and we help each other, and we have enough time to explore the city.

The group explains their plan to the king, who shows his aid to solve a problem the citizens have every day and gives everyone temporal permission to access every part of the city.

As the days passed, the group diligently surveyed the city, documenting every street, alley, and building, noting down any issues they encountered. Meanwhile, Nano devoted his time at the research building, sharing his advanced "alchemy" knowledge with Dregu, framing it within the scientific principles of Earth but attributing it to Behar and himself.

After a hundred days of thorough observation, the group's reports highlighted several prevalent issues plaguing the city. Among them were the deteriorating state of old buildings, rampant crimes such as robbery and slave trade, and the pervasive problem of waste management. Nano, particularly disturbed by the latter, recalled numerous instances of inadvertently stepping in animal and human waste on the streets.

Recognizing the urgent need for action, Nano resolved to address the waste management issue by proposing the implementation of a sewage system.

During the remaining days of the trial, Nano, his group, and several members of the research building worked tirelessly on creating and refining the sewage system proposal. Countless ideas were brainstormed, evaluated, and iterated upon until a comprehensive and efficient system took shape.

Given the vast size of the city, the team devised a plan to install disposal wells in specific building zones where residents could blackwater. Additionally, they proposed the construction of public restrooms, all connected to a central pipe network that would transport waste outside the city limits. Here, in designated areas of infertile soil, the waste would be buried deep underground.

As the proposal took form, considerations were made regarding the budget required for such an extensive undertaking. It was acknowledged that implementing the sewage system would necessitate a tax incrementation, which could potentially incite opposition from citizens. However, it was believed that with a well-articulated explanation detailing the benefits and necessity of the sewer system, public support could be garnered, mitigating resistance to the tax increase.

In addition to the main sewage system, there was a proposal to construct open-air sewage channels. However, this idea was ultimately discarded due to concerns that such channels would be susceptible to becoming dumping grounds for all types of trash. Nonetheless, the concept was archived for potential use in a rainwater disposal system.

Another consideration was the size and placement of the sewage system infrastructure. It was suggested that instead of constructing large channels, a smaller, more precise system could be implemented. To avoid the risk of collapsing the heavy stone roads, it was proposed to route the sewage system beneath the sidewalks, where the ground was less likely to shift or give way. This approach would ensure the stability and longevity of the infrastructure while minimizing disruption to the city's thoroughfares.

City of Shatatighens

In the city of Shatatighens, at the behest of Count Urzoras, efforts have been made to provide aid to the refugees from Betforge. Additionally, stringent security measures have been implemented to thwart any advancement by the Valardians. However, there is growing concern as reconnaissance teams dispatched toward West Haven have failed to return. This development has raised alarm in the Duchy of Calumia, signaling the potential encroachment of Valardian forces toward the city.

Valard, capital of Valardia

Meanwhile, in Valard, Korrin Sothaunn receives perplexing news regarding the frontline situation.

Korrin Sothaunn: I have some concerns about our attack on the Duchy of Calumia.

Army Warlord: what is it that worries you, my Korrin?

Korrin Sothaunn: as per this correspondence, Betforge has been decimated before the arrival of our primary forces. The reports indicate that the scout teams dispatched alongside the dragons suffered total casualties. However, a peculiar observation emerges from the remnants of the city's infrastructure. Despite the grim aftermath, the number of soldiers accounted for in the city appears to exceed the count of bodies recovered. Furthermore, the bodies discovered have been interred in impromptu graves, suggesting a deliberate effort was made to bury them. Warlord Marhaul, do you not find these circumstances rather perplexing?

Warlord Marhaul: indeed, my Korrin, but I do not have any idea of what could have happened.

Korrin Sothaunn: furthermore, the missive details additional distressing revelations. It mentions the deliberate destruction of vital resources: food and weaponry were set ablaze, water reserves contaminated with blackwater, stone structures razed using fire dust, and crop fields laid to waste. Curiously, there's a conspicuous absence of carts, horses, or any semblance of documentation amidst the debris. This leads me to surmise that the inhabitants fled, orchestrating the destruction to prevent the city from being utilized as a stronghold by our advancing forces.

Warlord Marhaul: but why-

Korrin Sothaunn: if it's not yours, it's nobody's, the Axis really is desperate. Anyways, the past is the past, what is the situation with our workshops?

counter: well, they are operating at maximum capacity, however, we are short in coal for the blast furnaces. and our research team has found a new type of material to protect the paper cartridges from water.

As the conversation between the council members continues, Iren, the Valardian empire's Taran, emerges from the fortress and proceeds towards a small building nestled amidst the conifers outside the city. There, she utters a hushed password to gain entry, revealing a dark elf who grants her passage. Inside, a subterranean stronghold comes into view, with dwarves meticulously carving the rugged stone and goblins directing the laborers. In one chamber, a human is seen removing the shackles from several non-human individuals, enslaved under Valardian rule. Iren proceeds to a room where she once again provides a password, granting her access to an office where individuals resembling spies are gathered.

Iren: gentlemen, I have urgent news for the Axis.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story by Enyorableroveler114

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

50.2K 2.7K 55
Getting Isekai'd to another world is indeed awesome, especially embarking on an adventure as a hero to defeat the Demon King, who turns out to be a w...
130 39 41
How will you feel if your parents never believed in you? How will you feel if they never wanted you? How will you feel if the society trampled upon y...
196 12 81
-There's why? !!! If I had known that something like this would happen to me, I would have prepared! I would read more about plants, I would have don...
55.6K 1.9K 55
Danielle Carpenter has lived a life some might call boring, but she'd always loved language, and however much her parents might say specializing in O...