This Love

By jowanderstruck

Life has always been about survival for Madi Daniel, a young independent woman whose life was about to change... More

This Love
Chapter One- Suit Guys and Shiny Cars
Chapter Two- Busy Offices and Sexy Backs
Chapter Three- New Uniforms and New Jobs
Chapter Four- Work Lates, Past Talks and Manic Mondays
Chapter Five- Short Dresses and Drunk Perverts
Chapter Six- Car Sleeps and Unexpected Visits
Chapter Seven- Free Car Rides and Thumb Wrestlings
Chapter Eight- Boy Bands and Lunches
Chapter Nine- Fancy Hotels and Dinner Dates
Chapter Ten- Young Millionaires and Firework Displays
Chapter Eleven- Annoying Jerks and Hot Ramens
Chapter Twelve- Snobbish Bosses and Expensive Phones
Chapter Thirteen- Broken Glasses and Meatball Spaghettis
Chapter Fourteen- Korean Noodles and Hotdogs
Chapter Fifteen- Sharings and Messages
Chapter Sixteen- Hobbies and Sisters
Chapter Seventeen- Likes and Apologies
Chapter Eighteen -Big Houses and Abundant Breakfasts
Chapter Nineteen- Deliveries and Pedestrian Lanes
Chapter Twenty- Hospitals and 'Things'
Chapter Twenty-One- Fresh Strawberries and Chocolate Kisses
Chapter Twenty-Three- Changed Routines and Bowling Alleys
Chapter Twenty-Four- Cozy Bars and Singing Angels
Chapter Twenty-Five- Semestral Breaks and Student Loans
Chapter Twenty-Six- Resolved Issues and Hunted Pasts
Chapter Twenty-Seven- Farewell Kisses and Guy Best Friends
Chapter Twenty-Eight- I Love You's and Amateur Singers
Chapter Twenty-Nine- Midnight Lovers and Shy Fangirls
Chapter Thirty- Grand Birthdays and Surprise Engagements
Chapter Thirty-One- Rainy Nights and Estranged Fathers
Chapter Thirty-Two- Broken Hearts and New Addresses
Chapter Thirty-Three- Awkward Friends and Gold Packages
Chapter Thirty-Four- Peaceful Cages and Hot Professors
Chapter Thirty-Five- Hair Attachments and Posh Schools
Chapter Thirty-Six- Mellow Tunes and Heartbroken Drunks
Chapter Thirty-Seven- Smooth Moves and Lost Phones
Chapter Thirty-Eight- Drinking Buddies and Coffee Dates
Chapter Thirty-Nine- Rock Climbings and Jealous Exes
Chapter Forty- Ruined Dates and Childhood Homes
Chapter Forty-One- Parent Meetings and Walkouts
Chapter Forty-Two- Odd Fairytales and Sincere Apologies
Chapter Forty -Three- Ex-Fiancees and Empty Bedrooms
Chapter Forty-Four- Fashion Shows and Secretive Best Friends
Chapter Forty-Five- Fun Runways and Terrible Cooks
Chapter Forty-Six- Father Issues and Father Sides
Chapter Forty-Seven- Boyfriends
Chapter Forty-Eight- Nightouts, Business Meetings and Surprise Dinners
Chapter Forty- Nine- Memory Lanes and Yelling Ogres
Chapter Fifty- Graduations
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-Two- New Relationships and Meet-Up Plans

11.4K 402 39
By jowanderstruck

Dedicated to @LaughterLines_ for voting on every chapter at 3 AM (on my timezone). Seriously? You're wonderful!

Happy reading!

Chapter Twenty-Two- New Relationships and Meet Up Plans

If someone told me a month ago that I, Madi Daniel, Grade-A cynic and anti-social would be in a romantic relationship, I'd just laugh at the thought.

If someone told me that I would be in a romantic relationship with a god-like human being, I'd tell them it's impossible, absurd and a total hallucination.

Gladly, no one told me.

I ate up my words when I said I'd never like him. Like ever. Now I truly believe the saying 'Never say never.' At least when it comes to him.

Michael Madrid.

Bossy, stalker, sweet and gorgeous.

I still can't believe I said yes to being his girlfriend. As soon as I did, a wave of overwhelming emotions exploded inside of me. He made me feel something so foreign. I wanted more. I needed more.

Michael's lips curved into a huge grin once he realized I uttered the answer he was hoping for. I mean how can I say no to a flying banner with balloons? But I think it's more of the sincerity I saw in his eyes that made me say yes. There was something about the way he looks at me that was intense and genuine. I felt like he could see right through me. That look will be planted in my mind for quite a long time.

We stayed longer in the park. He was lying down on the mat with his head on my lap. I stroked his soft smooth hair then trailed my fingers on his face. I remembered the day I wanted to touch his stubble and now I can. Lucky me.

"Enjoying the view?" he whispered as he popped his eyes open. I was startled as my face was inches away from his. I swear I saw his eyes twinkle as he gazed at me. "Because I am."

Three.

Two.

One.

Heart racing, check. Stomach fluttering, check. Cheeks blushing, double check.

Shoot. When will my body stop responding this way whenever he says something sweet? Honestly, I don't think it will stop.

"You said girlfriends are complications. You sounded like you don't plan on having one." I stated a few minutes later. It was just a few nights ago that he said that to me. I wondered what changed. "Why the sudden change of heart?"

"You came along." he quickly replied with certainty.

"Why me then?"

He sat up and leaned his forehead into mine while cupping my face. "Because there is something about you that I know I won't find in anyone else. I can't lose you, angel. I will hold you as long as I can."

Gah!

That rendered me speechless.

Who wouldn't be?

"Now it's my turn to ask."

"Ask what?"

"Why did you say yes?"

"Let's see. You're a bossy hard-headed controlling stalker. Why did I say yes?" I teased and he arched a brow. "You make feel things." My voice was softer now.

He makes me special. He makes me want to see the world differently. He makes me trust him.

"You make me feel like I deserve to live and not only survive. When I'm with you, I don't feel like a burden. You know. I am just... Me." I swallowed realizing the depth of my words so I said, "And I can't seem to get rid of you."

"And you'll never be able to."

"What if I said no?"

"Easy. I'll do whatever it takes for you to say yes."

Michael was begging me to stay with him for the rest of the day. But I was insisting on coming home. Kyla has been waiting for me. Besides we've already spent three days together. I don't want him getting tired of me.

"Mr. Madrid, I never would've thought you'd be a clingy boyfriend." I teased him.

"Oh trust me, Miss Daniel. I'm nothing but clingy. If I could tie you around my waist so you'll never get out of my sight and get hit by cars, I'd do it."

I laughed. "Are you trying to be scary?"

"No. I'm trying to be sweet."

I squinted my eyes at him and moved my lips to the side. "Not working."

David pulled over right in front of the gate. He opened my door while Michael got out of his. I unlocked the gate but not entering yet. Michael pulled out something from his pocket and handed a phone to me. It was the replacement for my cracked one. I accepted it willingly and he looked surprised. Perhaps he thought I'd argue. My mood was too good for bickering. With Michael, I'm pretty sure there will be another times to banter.

"Call me if you need anything. Tell me when you feel any pain. Understand?" He handed me my backpack which I immediately slung into my shoulder. I nodded about to turn around but he grabbed my wrist. "Wait. Don't go in yet. I wanna look at you longer."

"We'll see each other tomorrow, Michael. I could pass by your office after my shift to say hello."

"Yeah, you should."

"I should get in now." I insisted and we both smirked as I mirrored him. "See you tomorrow."

Without a word, he cupped my face, rubbing my cheek with his thumb. Yup. He liked doing that to me. He was probably amused by the fact that half of my face fits in his gigantic hand. "I miss you already."

Swoon.

With that, he planted a soft kiss on my left cheek. I am not washing this cheek ever. God, I sounded like a sappy love-sick teenager.

"Bessss!" Kyla's voice broke our eye contact. She was running to me and immediately palmed my face.

No, not the left cheek!

She was studying the cuts on my face and arms. "Oh my god! What happened to you?"

"I'm fine, Ky. No need to worry."

"Yeah, right. Getting hit by a car on the pedestrian lane if fine." she remarked before turning to Michael. "Thanks for taking care of her."

"I'll see you tomorrow, angel." he said kissing me on top of my head. Another kiss! This must truly be my lucky day. Wait. He kissed me in front of Kyla. Now, I've a got a lot of explaining to do.

We watched as Michael's car drove off. Kyla's mouth was wide open in shock when I turned to her. "What the hell was that?"

*****

"No!"

"Yes."

"No!"

"Yes, Kyla! Yes."

"Oh my god!" Kyla squealed. I just dropped the bomb that Michael and I are officially together. I guessed it was a good thing that Lisa and Ali were also around for my announcement. It'll save time retelling the story. They decided to order pizza and Ali made some mango shakes.

We were now in our room sharing three boxes of pepperoni and four cheese pizza and sipping our cold drinks. Kyla was sitting by her study table, Lisa lying on her front on the bottom bed and Ali and I sitting crisscross on the floor.

"Awww. We're so happy for you." Ali pressed her head and body to mine as she hugged me with one arm. Her other hand was holding a huge slice of pizza. "I think I'm gonna cry."

"Hey! That's my line!" Kyla yelled.

We spent the rest of the afternoon talking about Michael, my accident and more of Michael. I was quite surprised to remember everything that happened with Michael. From the smallest detail to his grand gestures, everything was vivid in my memory.

Kyla showed the others his photos online. They didn't stop teasing me after that.

"We have to meet him before the sembreak." stated Lisa, looking determined.

"Um,"

"Come on, Madi. If he wants to be your lover, he's gotta get with your friends."

The rest of us burst into laughter. "Did you just quote Spice Girls?" I said in between laughs.

"Yes." she admitted proudly. "So are we meeting him this weekend or what?"

Kyla was mum and only watching me possibly enjoying my misery. She knew Ali and Lisa wouldn't stop pestering me.

"Fine. I'll talk to him and we can plan on something."

"Don't worry, honey. I got that covered." Lisa winked at me and they all giggled like thirteen year olds.

The next day, Kyla and I were supposed to have lunch with the guys at our usual spot. On our way, she received a text from Lisa inviting us to eat with them. We decided it'd be nice to introduce them to the band and expand our circle so we all agreed to meet at The Luncheon.

The guys were already there when the four of us arrived. They were already munching on some breadsticks and laughing loudly. When they spot us walking to their direction, everybody fell silent. They all stood in attention, sweet boyish smiles etched on their "innocent" faces.

"Oh please! You guys were acting like monkeys a second ago. And now you're suddenly the shy type." Kyla snorted realizing what the guys were trying to do.

"Quit it guys. The innocent look doesn't suit any of you." I playfully rolled my eyes at them. They pouted like little puppies left in the park making us chuckle.

"Band people, this is Ali and Lisa." Kyla announced. "Girls, The guys will introduce themselves."

They all stood in attention.

"Caleb, guitar, head-turner."

"Lucas, drums, drop-dead gorgeous."

"Rico, vocals, awesomely handsome."

"Matt, bass, panty-dropper."

"Oh my god! Seriously?" Kyla lightly punched Matt on the chest. "You're making us regret introducing them to you."

The guys held out their hand for our friends. Lisa stepped forward but instead of shaking their hand, she leaned close to them one by one. "Lisa, head turner," she said seductively to Caleb. "drop-dead gorgeous," she whispered in Lucas' ears before turning to Rico saying, "awesomely beautiful" lastly to Matt who swallowed hard when Lisa touched his lips with hers "and brief-dropper."

The girls and I were biting our laughs. That's what they get for being assholes. They thought they can mess with Lisa. Now they know. You don't mess with a party animal with a resting bitch face. Go Lisa!

"Nice to meet you guys! Can we order now? I'm famished." Lisa yelled before pulling a chair.

*****

The guys took notice of the cuts on my head and arm. I had to rehash last week's accident.

My bruise and cuts have lightened miraculously because of some cream that Michael bought for me. He said it was from his dermatologist.

Still, that didn't stop the others from noticing. Rico looked most worried of all. He volunteered to take me to work this afternoon. I declined but he was quite insistent.

As our food arrived, I felt my phone buzzed inside my pocket. I suppressed a grin when I saw it was from Michael. He also sent me a greeting this morning and an apology message saying he can't pick me up himself because he had a breakfast meeting. I sensed the disappointment in the tone of his text but I told him it was alright. Still, he had David drove us to school.

MSB: It's lunch time, angel. I hope you're eating a decent lunch.

I can't help but roll my eyes and smile at the same time. I guess now that we're together, he will be more conscious of how I eat. At least, he was trying to be playful about it. Along with the message were tiny fork and knife and different smiley faces.

ME: Trying to keep your promise, I see. Yes. I was about to dig in a full plate of chicken pasta before you texted.

I replied using the chicken, pasta plate and a smiley with its tongue out.

MSB: Trust me, I don't break a promise. That's good to hear. Lucky you, I have a plate of unknown sandwich in front of me. :(

ME: You call sandwich lunch?! Haha.

MSB: Good point. I think I have to speak to my assistant about my own decent lunch.

ME: Uh-oh. I hope I didn't get Carlos into trouble.

MSB: Nah. The only trouble one is YOU.

ME: Oh, Mr. Madrid. I can be A LOT of trouble alright.

I was waiting for Michael's reply when Ali called my name. If she was saying something, I didn't hear it because I was preoccupied at the moment.

ME: Gonna eat now. See you later. Oh and I have something to tell you. Pls. eat more than a sandwich. Practice what you preach and all. Haha. X

I looked at Ali. "Huh?"

"I said, it'd be a great idea if the guys join us on Saturday." she explained.

"Oh." Is it? A great idea? I mean Michael was not a huge fan of Rico. He calls him the band guy as if he was puking instead of talking for crying out loud.

"We'll spend the afternoon together, grab some dinner then watch them perform. What do you think?" Lisa interjected.

"Um,"

"Awesome! It's a plan guys!" she yelled. All I could do was protest silently with my mouth open.

Kyla, who was sitting beside me squeezed my thigh for assurance. She leaned into me and whispered, "Don't worry, bes. I'll be right beside you. Or behind you because obviously he will be beside you. Just make sure I don't pass out after a couple of beer."

"Thanks that's really comforting to know, Ky. Wait. What beer?"

Apparently, Lisa's meet-up plan involved beers, chips and a bowling alley. Yes, a "brilliant plan" as she liked to describe it. Michael Madrid, CEO in a bowling alley? I can't picture it yet.

Telling Michael about this would be harder than I thought.

"I'm sooo excited!" Lisa squealed sending me a wink. I threw her the most genuine smile I could but I knew I didn't look genuine at all.

Yay. Exciting.

Hey awesome people! This chapter was supposed to be posted last week but it got deleted from my phone. Yup. First time, I tried to update using my phone and then Poof! it was gone. So back to updating using ONLY my laptop. Hope this was better than what I wrote first.

Anyways, last week, I also felt ecstatic because my story has reached 5000+ reads. It feels amazing! It was also #700 on ChickLit so I feel like jumping and screaming because of pure joy! Haha.

All of these happened because of all my awesome readers! Thank you guys for spending time with my story, voting and writing comments. I love you all!

Please keep supporting This Love. VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE. FOLLOW?

PS: I may have a new story soon. It's all in my head so I hope I could put it into writing. So stay tuned!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 365 20
Madeleine finally thinks she might have a chance and might actual deserve it. But she's still cautious when it comes to falling in love, but now she...
286 71 7
Life will surely strike you in the hardest way possible that you would hesitate to get through it or just give it all up. You would think that love i...
750 13 37
Nyeli Life Is Nothing But Down She Ready To End Things But One Night Changes Her Entire Life Read More To See Where Her Journey Leads