Whispered Promises of Love

By abeerwrites_

In life, there are certain people you shouldn't fall in love with. But the heart wants what the heart wants... More

Character Aesthetics
Family Introduction
Dedication
Chapter 1: Blunder
Chapter 2: Apology ? Or Not.
Chapter 3: Flashbacks
Chapter 4: Family
Chapter 5: FunCity
Chapter 6: Date
Chapter 7: Stranger ?
Chapter 8: Chanda
Chapter 9: Surprise
Chapter 10: Good Day
Chapter 11: Slaps and Plans
Chapter 12: Road Trip
Note.
Chapter 13: Face off with the Past
Chapter 14: Revelations
Chapter 16: Breakdown
Chapter 17: A second chance ?
Chapter 18: Rangeen
Chapter 19

Chapter 15: Home

74 10 50
By abeerwrites_

It's almost been 2 weeks since I got home, and not gonna lie, I love it here. Erum is so happy surrounded by her people. It felt great to see things getting settle down for me. I wake up late & I have no work. Ahh the happiness.  Yes that's my version of getting things settled.

Wajdan's fiasco was settled down as well, he was behind the bars as all of his dirty laundry was out in the open. He was into extortion, trafficking and all the women he had sexually harassed came out and gave their statements against him. In short, he was royally screwed, so I need not worry about him for the time being. I am guessing this has something to do with a certain CEO, but I am not getting into that, hum ek dusre se door rahe wohi accha hai.
(It's better if we stay away from each other)

"Maaa" Erum jumped on me making me push those thoughts aside.

"Yes, my babyy." I tickled her, and she let out a little giggle.

"Maa said to get ready, we go."

"Where baba ?"

"Didi, get ready. We are going for dinner." Ayesha barged in my room.

"Okay but where ?"

"Dii, please give me your denim jacket. It looks good on me, anyways." Niha came in as well.

I rolled my eyes at her, and asked her to get it from my wardrobe.

"But where are we going ?" I asked again.

"Girls we are leaving, we won't fit into one car anyway and Wajih's in the service centre. Sabih said he will send a car for you guys." Papa informed.

Sabih uncle ? When did they get in touch ???

"When did this happen ?" I voiced out my surprise.

"We have no time for that. Erum will you come with us bacchay ?" Papa asked her.

"Yes, with Waj mamu. Ma please change dress." She said turning towards me.

I quickly changed her into a baby pink frock, and brushed her hairs and tied them into a pony and added a clip.

"Wow. Princess." I kissed her cheeks, and she gave one of her sloppy ones back.

"Is my bubba ready ?" Waj came in, seeing her all dressed up he carried her, and went without sparing a glance our way.

"Be quick." He shouted behind him though.

"Today's going to be so amazing." Ayesha said while lining her eyes with kohl.

"I know right. I am so excited. Where are we going by the way ?" Niha asked.

I did not bother to grace her with an answer.

"Subhan bhai's place. Idiot."

"Ohhhhh. Kabhi na hone wale jiju ? Now I am more excited." She squealed.

I guess that's the title he earned.

What am I going to do with these people ?

"I am done." I gave myself a last look and was satisfied. I sat on the bed waiting for them to be over when the doorbell rang. Must be the driver.

"Niha, get the door." I ordered. She gave me a nasty look but obliged nonetheless. I gave a glance around my room and it was nothing but a glorious mess. I hate it.

"You will be cleaning this when we get back." I glared at my sister.

"When did they get in touch by the way ?" I asked her.

"Ma had taken auntys number when she met Sara at the airport." She said.

Yep, make sense.

She went back to fixing her hair, I let her be and walked out.

"Who are you ?" I heard Niha asked.

"It must be the driver, who else." I said, eyes on my phone, joining her in the living room.

"But di, he is too hot to be a driver. And I feel like I have seen him before." She said thoughtfully. I looked up from my phone and boom.

"What are you doing here ?" I made my way towards them.

"I am ready chalo chalo." My sister came running.

"Subhan bhai." She squealed. I rolled my eyes, kaunsa Virat Kohli aaya tha jo itna uchal rahi hai yeh ?
(He's no Virat Kohli for her to bounce around)

"Ahhh. Subhan bhai." Niha drawled and mouthed a not bad and winked at me.

"Papa said uncle will be sending a driver." Ayesha asked.

"Woh, driver had left early, and papa didn't know that. So." He shrugged, but his eyes never left mine.

"Chale ?" He asked.

"Yes." We replied in unison.

We followed him out and what do we see. Is that a fucking MayBach ? In an instant Niha had her phone out and started clicking pictures. This girl never gets tired.

Subhan gave a light chuckle, and I went to sit in the car. Out of nowhere my sisters came and pushed me and got inside.

"Heyy." I shouted. I will kill them, and go to jail very happily.

"Well, I guess that leaves you to sit right next to me. May I ?" He said, getting the door for me.

I sat without a word. Wow, the interior is so freaking cool.

"Jiju done. Jiju doneee." Niha whispered.  I shushed her.

As the car eased on the road, my sister started the conversation.

"So bhai, you are the driver uncle was talking about ?"

"Driver toh kaafi hot." Niha whistled.

He gave a boyish grin and my heart stopped. Yes I am dead now.

"Agar passenger seat pe yeh madam ho, toh driver banne mein kaisi sharam."

"Oh my god. He is not even trying to hide it." Niha squealed like a baby.

"Niha." I warned her.

"What Niha ? She is stating facts only." Ayesha said.

"So bhai, when are you planning to ask for her hand ?" She asked him.

"Hand ? Hand se mera kya hoga ? Mujhe toh puri ki puri chahiye." He looked at me for a moment before focusing back on the road.
(What do I do just with her hand ? I want the whole of her)

I rolled my eyes at that. He is getting way too ahead of himself. But why the hell am I not fighting back is the question I don't want to go in depths of.

"Your cheeks are matching the colour of your dress. Suits you." He whispered, when the two ladies got busy with selfies. I looked down at my dress to see I was wearing a blush pink kurti set.

I didn't reply, instead turned to look out the window.

Why is doing all this now ? What is the point ?

I am not the one to hold grudges, but he broke my heart. And I am not sure if it's even fixed from the last time he broke it. I have nothing against him, but I do have something against him.

See, this is why I do no want to think about him. He messes with my head.

My sisters fried his head off with all the chitter chatter, and he was not a least bit irritated. He was always the patient one among us, old habits die hard I guess.

There was a commotion in my heart, the feelings that I had suppressed for so long are threatening to come out and I am torn between the pain he inflicted and the love I had for him. Or have. I don't know.
__________________________________

"There is no other place like our own country and city." Sabih uncle said.

We were all gathered around in the living room after dinner. After Uncle, Subhan had taken over and had not once let him down. His words. They had shifted their HQ to Bangalore now from Canada, but not everything has been finalised it seems. Boring business talks, so I had tuned out the rest.

"Yes, nothing like our people." Aunty added.

"Bhai, shadi ka kya scene hai apka ?" Ayesha asked. Why does she even open her mouth ?

"I am saying him since a long time, to settle down. But he never listens. Work, work and work. Taken after his father only."

My mom chuckled at that.

"You should get married beta, you won't be getting any young here on." My dad gave his two cents.

"I need time." He said, not meeting anybody's eyes.

"I think bhai already likes someone." Sahil added.

"Same." Samiya and Sara chorused.

"We have no issues if he likes someone, we will happily welcome her. I want to see him get married. We are not getting any younger, and I am not keeping well as it is." Aunty said, her voice at an edge.

"Mom."Four glaring eyes looked at her.

Uncle and dad were now engrossed in their own topic, hardly paying any attention to us.

"I will look a girl for him." My mom said.

I rolled my eyes. Kyu ? Aapne theka le rakha hai ?
(Why have you taken a... theka ?)(IDK. Sorry 😭)

"Bagal mein chori, shehar mein dhindora." Sahil muttered, but he wasn't very subtle about his volume.
(The girl is right beside us and we are searching around the city)

"What chori ?" Aunty asked confused.

"Nothing." Subhan and I said together.

"Awwwww. Cutess." Niha gushed beside me.

"Uncle." Erum was pulling his shirt now.

"Yes butterfly ?"

"You said you will marry ma and make babies." She said innocently.

I choked on the air I was breathing. And Sahil, he spat the water he was drinking.

All eyes were on Subhan now, who looked like a deer caught in headlight.

Wajih had a mortified look on his face, it was almost comical. Serves that idiot right for spewing nonsense in front of a kid.

"You lie ?" She asked him.

"No, I was not lying." He is making it even more embarrassing.

I shot a look at the youngsters who were stifling their laugh.

My father cleared his throat, and shared a look with me. I just shrugged in return. I was not even concerned. Embarrassed yes, but I did not let it show on my face. Any reaction from me will be held against me in the court of my siblings and his, so I was not taking any chance.

It was his mess, let him deal with it.

"What is she saying ?" Aunty asked, breaking the silence.

"I was just.." He trailed off. I so wanted to punch on his beautiful face.

"Do you guys like each other and want to get married ?" Uncle asked. Oh my god, it's getting even more awkward now.

"No." I shouted horrified.

"Then what is erum saying ?" My mother asked, narrowing her eyes at me.

"Maa, she is just a kid. She must have misheard." I saw him heave a sigh of relief. I saved his stupid ass.

"Yea-ah. That must be it." He stuttered. He turned to me, and mouthed a thank you, which I ignored.

"But uncle say." My daughter said, and came to me. I kissed the side of her head and settled her on my lap.

Nobody seemed convinced but they did not prod any further and went back to their talks.

I was in middle of my conversation with the girls, when Sahil nudged me with his feet.

"What ?"

He didn't say anything, instead pointed his finger to where Waj and Subhan were talking animatedly.

"Bhai pakka kuch bakwaas kar rahe honge to get him on his team." Sara added.
(Brother must be spewing nonsense to get him on his team)

"Bhai looks a lot relieved though." Ayesha pointed out. Yes, he did. What is he saying ? I'll ask him later about it.

"Okay, I think we should leave now." Papa said getting up from his seat, and uncle followed.

"Yes, it's kaafi late." Ma said. We all got up to leave.

"Sahil beta, will you drop the girls off ?  Subhan must be tired." Aunty said.

"No no ma. I will drop them off." He hurriedly said.

I heard muffled laughters, but I did not have it me to scold them. I know for a fact that, this is going to be my life, until and unless he gets married. But the thought of that didn't sit well with me.

__________________________________

Car Aesthetic

Aayra's outfit

Erum's outfit

Niha's outfit

Ayesha's outfit
______________________________

Eid Mubarak to everyone celebrating today. May the blessings of Allah be showered on you and your loved ones. 🤍✨🌙

Hope you liked the chapter, and do not forget to like and comment. 💗

And to the people who like & comment, know that I love you. And it really means a lot and makes me want to update. So this chapter is dedicated to you guys. Thank you so much.

Let me know your thoughts on the chapter please. 🤍✨

PS: Just because you are struggling, doesn't mean you are failing. Keep going. 🫶🏼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 3.9K 47
A princess but abandoned by her own family. A would be wife but abandoned by her own would be husband. A sister but doubt and hated by her own real...
22.1K 732 28
"Arranged?." I asked. "Yes. " She replied. There comes a time in your life when you feel utterly guilty of leading a life you never wanted. But the...
19.7K 2.8K 41
Unedited! Wherein one is deeply in love while the other has vowed to never fall in love again. **************************************** Arjun Raicha...
11.2K 458 29
This story is a slow burn with full on chemistry 😉 Enjoy 💕 *•°*•°*•°*•°*•°*•°*•°*•°*•°*•°*•°*•°*•°*•°*•°*•°*•°*•°*•°*•°*•°* Deep down my heart know...