Rude [Harry Styles]

By londonstars

[COMPLETED] "Why are you so rude?" "Maybe because that's who I am or because people like you deserve... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Thirteen
Epilogue

Twelve

11.3K 687 304
By londonstars

"H-Hi," I stuttered nervously. He said she was coming this weekend, not today! I even looked hideous and what I was wearing was not very impressing at all.

She giggled and sat on the couch. I was speechless and did not say another world, she patted for me to sit next to her. "I do not bite," She said.

I chuckled and sat next to her. I did not know why I was nervous, Harry should be the one who was freaking out. Maybe that was why he called, of course. "So, how long have you been dating Harry?" Shit!

Harry never talked to me about that information, I mean what if he told her that we had been dating for years or month. I did not want to ruin this, but I still did not know what to reply.

"Didn't Harry tell you?" 

"Nope. Harry did not tell me anything because when I called him, he surprised me that he has a girlfriend."

"Oh, why are you surprised?" I acted dumb and at the same time I was thinking of what to tell her. I had to make up stories and lies so she could believe me.

"Didn't he tell you?" I shook my head. "I mean he never had a girlfriend for a long time."

"Oh, right. He told me, but I did not think that was true."

"Why?"

"Because he is handsome and any girl would fall for him." I wanted her to feel like I was really his girlfriend, but I did not know how because I had never been one. I thought about talking about him good and maybe that would work. "But I did not date him for that. He is very kind and sweet, he has a big heart." I smiled.

"I am glad that he finally found the one." I was glad that she forgot her question and I changed the subject. Her eyes went down to my shirt and she smirked. What the hell with people looking at my clothes and smirking today? 

"Nice shirt, Gemma. Looks beautiful on you." I decided breaking the silence and complement her about her style. Her shirt was nice on her, I did not lie.

"Aw, thank you! You too." 

"Thanks. I borrowed it from Harry." There was another silence shared between us. 

"I hope I am not a bother, but how did you meet Harry?" 

"Um, It is funny actually. We were in a store and we fought for a beanie on who saw it first." I smiled remembering that moment. She chuckled as her eyes went wide in surprise.

"No way! You fought? On the first day you met? Wow." 

"Yeah! And, then the manger came and he stopped us."

"Who got it at the end?"

"No one." We burst out laughing. 

"You are really nice and funny," She said nodding. 

"Thank you. You are nice too!"

"You know what, we need to break the uncomfortable silence between us and you seem very sweet. So... I will tell you some of Harry's embarrassing memories." She smirked evilly. 

"That's what sisters are for, Gemma." I guess we were going so well, she kept telling me about some of his moments and events when he was young. Like once he wore a bra and took a photograph of it. Or when he wore her clothes to a play. I kept laughing and she was so funny and a good company to have just like Harry.

I heard the door being slammed, I turned my head and saw Harry standing there with bags and wide eyes. "Babe!" He screamed with a grin. I glared at him, knowing that Gemma would not see it because she was behind me.

"Hey," I smiled and stood up helping him with the groceries. After we put the stuff in the kitchen as Gemma was in the living room turning on the TV, Harry looked panicked.

"Oh my god, what happened?" 

"Nothing, we just talked about... Stuff." I chuckled and shrugged my shoulders.

"What stuff?" 

"Harry! I am so hungry!" Gemma screamed from outside. I laughed and he rolled his eyes. 

"Okay, I will make dinner now!" I remembered her telling me about Harry spending so much time on lunch when it was a simple sandwich all the time. I giggled and he turned around from the stove and looked at me raising his eyebrows.

"What?"

"I just hope you don't spend too much on making a sandwich," I said giggling. He gave me a confused look not getting it. When I was about to walk I noticed that his eyes widen when he figured what I meant. He caught my wrist and stopped me.

"Are those stuff you talked about were..." He paused as I smirked.

"I don't know, maybe your embarrassing memories when you were young?" He silently groaned and then shut his eyes. "Aw, you were so cute." I pinched his cheek as I walked back to Gemma.

We waited for Harry to make the dinner, Gemma and I were so hungry. I missed breakfast and lunch, so of course, I was so damn hungry. 

"Dinner is ready, ladies." We went to the table in the kitchen and sat on the chair, our plates were full of pasta and veggies. 

"Hmm, healthy. Except the pasta part," Gemma said chuckling. I smiled and started eating. I glanced at Harry and he was staring at me. When his eyes met mine, he looked down quickly.

"Oh you forgot to answer me, earlier. How long have you been dating guys?" Gemma repeated her question, and I was glad that she asked while he was there so Harry could answer.

"For five or six months." I realized that I had known Harry for almost four months. That was so fast, time did run fast. 

"Wow, long enough." Harry half smiled and took a sip of water. "But thank god this time you chose the right girl." 

"Thank you, Gemma." I thanked her smiling and I was glad that nothing bad happened, I was not rude and everything went right.

"Yeah, I mean I do feel lucky to have her." I looked at Harry as he spoke to his sister, but looking deep into my eyes. "She is amazing and she has a big heart." I looked down at my food and could not contain the smile to form on my face. After we ate and I had to admit that he did cook very well, we sat in the living room chatting and laughing.

Both of them are very nice and reminded me of Nathan and I, they were both different yet so alike. She was better than Harry at jokes too, and she definitely loved Harry. 

All of a sudden, Gemma stood up. "It was nice meeting you!" I was surprised that she was leaving. I thought that she was going to stay for a few nights.

"What? Are you leaving already?" Harry and I stood up.

"Yeah, I have a flight to catch." She chuckled hugging me. "And, I want to see you again so soon." I hugged her back and when we pulled away she smirked. I smirked back looking at a terrified Harry then back at her.

"Sure, love! As long as we shop and talk about those stuff we talked about today." 

"I am really scared of that smirk." We laughed and Gemma left after we talked for a minute or two with her.

Harry sighed and sat next to me on the couch. "That went well!" 

"See, I told you, Eve."

"I really liked your sister, she is so nice!" Harry smiled.

"Thanks, she likes you too. All of my past girlfriends, she treated them badly, actually." I chuckled. I felt happy that I was not rude and that finally, I made people like me.

"Thank you, so much."

"It was my pleasure. I am glad that everything is okay now," I said standing up. Harry frowned and got up groaning.

"Do not go, please!" He whined making me laugh. 

"I have to go, I spent all day with you."

"What? Are you bored of me?"

"Starting to." I laughed again as he pouted his lips. He gave me the puppy eyes making me give up for the first time. "Fine!" He grinned.

"Movies and ice cream?" I was the one grinning, I loved both of those things. I nodded as he went quickly to the kitchen to get the ice cream as I waited for him to come.

"Okay, what do we watch?" I asked when he came back with chocolate ice cream and two spoons.

"Hm, how about the notebook?"

"Old." He gave me a look like I was insane. "How about titanic?" I asked joking.

"Oh, that is not old. That is ancient." 

"Hey, Leonardo Dicaprio will be sad if you said that to him."

"And, what about Ryan Gosling then?" We laughed and I took a spoon of the ice cream. "I know that we will fight because of choosing, so let's watch the hunger games better." I nodded smiling at how wise he was. He sat back next to me and we started watching the movie.

 I did not watch the movie before because I had never got the chance, so I thought of watching it with him. In the middle of the film, I was yawning as I felt Harry rest his left arm behind me on the couch. I looked at him and he was not paying any attention to the TV. It seemed that something was wrong because he looked in deep thoughts.

I decided to break the silence and zone him out of his own world. "That is an old move, Styles." He shook his head and looked at me confused. "I mean I thought you had better moves than that."

"What?" He raised an eyebrow at me. 

"Resting your arms behind me?" I pointed at his arm and he got what I meant. He pulled his arm off and laughed.

"I was thinking, sorry."

"Yeah, I noticed. What is wrong?" I paused the movie and turned to look at him.

"Nothing, just play the movie." I shook my head. "I feel guilty."

"What? Why?" 

"Because I lied to Gemma." I sighed and put my hand on his shoulder as leaned his arms on his thigh, but turning his head to me. "I really wanted to show her that I could love and have a girlfriend. I wanted to prove that I am a really good boyfriend."

"You did show her that."

"No, I lied."

"Harry, do not blame yourself."

"What if she comes the next time or when I go back to London, what am I going to tell her? That I broke up with you or that I did not even have a girlfriend?" 

"No, you will have a better girlfriend. A real one." He chuckled. "Oh, do not laugh. Really! You will have an amazing girl that you love, and she will be the one. Harry, you are not a player or a loser at love. You are very romantic and have a big heart, you just have to wait for the right time and the right girl will come to you." I smiled reassuring him.

After a short silence he spoke. "Do you really mean that?" I nodded. "Did you also mean it when you said that I am handsome?" I gave him a confused look then my eyes widened.

"Oh my god, did you hear what I told your sister?" He nodded smiling. "How? You were not there."

"I was about to open the door, but your words stopped me." I pulled my hand away from his shoulder, and hit him on his chest making him laugh.

"That is rude, you know." 

"Oh, you would know better." 

"Hey!" He laughed harder, leaning his head back and closing his eyes. He had a very cute laugh, I smiled as he stopped laughing and looked at me. 

He did the same thing he did at the dinner, jus locking his gaze with me.

"Have I ever told you that you have beautiful eyes? Deep blue. So beautiful like the ocean or a diamond." He was distracting me because all of a sudden I felt his breath hitting my face and our faces were inches apart. 

He looked at my lips and my eyes went wide when I realized that he was about to kiss me. I panicked and stood up quickly. He looked up frowning.

"I-I have to go." I opened the door and ran down the stairs quickly, ignoring his calls behind me.

I stopped a taxi to drive me back and while I was there, I kept thinking about what just happened. What the hell was that? We were just friends, how could he do that? Did he like me or something? How could he like a rude girl like me though?

___

The past two weeks I did not talk to Harry, I tried avoiding him as much as I could. I was not mad at him, I was confused. He tried calling me, texting me and even voicemalling all the time, but I just ignored everything. But I did not have to ignore him anymore because he stopped everything after his last voicemail. He said that he was not going to bother me anymore, although I was embarrassed from him, not bothered.

I was nineteen and still did not have my first kiss. What if I was bad at kissing? What if he was just confused and after that he would forget it and act fine? What if we became more than friends? I was scared of everything and I watched a lot of drama TV shows and movies.

I walked downstairs as I just woke up feeling exhausted from sleeping a lot. I did not even call Ashlee for two days and I was sure that she was worried because I always called her. I entered the kitchen and a note was left on the kitchen's table caught my sight. 

I read it and it was from mom, she said that she drove Nathan to the school, but I had to pick him up because she was on a work trip for two days. I sighed and turned on my phone, I got a text message from Ashlee and a missed call from Liam. I was sure that Ashlee was going to ask about me, but Liam? That was weird, he never called me just texting.

Then it hit me, there was no sight of Harry's name. I was sad and not used to it, I sighed again and I did not bother to call Liam back. I knew he was going to talk Harry and I wanted to avoid that topic because I had to explain, I could not tell him about my problem. No one knew that I did not have my first kiss than Ashlee, she the only one knew.

I eat breakfast and got bored, I decided that I was going to dad. I promised mom that I would talk with him, so I went up to my room and got dressed quickly. I took my keys and I saw my mom's car keys beside it. I raised my eyebrows confused and I saw another note. 

God, she allowed me to use her car, but she also wrote use it in only emergencies. 

"Sorry mother, that is a promise that I can not keep," I smirked and got the keys. I went to the garage and the car was there. I ran to it and opened the door, I hugged the door not caring if I looked stupid, although I was sure I did.

I put the key and started the car heading to dad's company. After I arrived I parked the car and did the old routine, sneaking in without anybody noticing. I went to dad's office and knocked on the door, I did learn from last time.

"Come in," I heard his voice. I took a deep breath and opened the door. He did not look up, he probably thought I was the secretary.

"Hey dad," I said waving when he looked up with a shock expression.

"Evelyn?" He smiled, surprised. I smiled back and he stood up, walked to me and pulled me in a hug.

I hugged him back, wrapping my arms around him tightly. "I am sorry."

"It's okay, I understand." I pulled away and looked down embarrassed, he pulled my face up by my chin and kissed my forehead.

"I could really apologize to her, I really am sorry." He smiled wider and raised his eyebrows.

"Is this a joke?" I chuckled and shook my head.

"No, I swear. I changed, I really did." He nodded.

"I know, sweetie." 

"How?" 

"Your mother." I was really thankful for her because she made it easier for me, with no tension between him and I.

The door behind us got opened and I turned around, Elizabeth was there was a shocked expression just like dad's one earlier. I chuckled then smiled at her. 

"Um, Hello."

"Hi, Elizabeth." 

"I will leave you two then-"

"No, please, come in!" I said stopping her, she walked towards us and closed the door behind her. "I wanted to apologize. I was so rude and sad, so I hope you accept my apology." 

"I will if," She paused as I raised my eyebrows at her. "You will have dinner with us sometime soon." I smiled wider and nodded.

"It will be a pleasure." She smiled and hugged me. After I sat with them for about fifteen minutes, I looked at the watch and I realized that I needed to go to Nathan's school to pick him up. I was already late.

"Sorry, I have to pick up Nathan." I stood up immediately and went to the door.

"Eve?" I stopped when dad called me and turned around.

"Yes?"

"Tell him I said hi and that I love him, okay?" I nodded smiling that he was my father. I was wrong about him all along, but I was glad that everything was okay between us now.

I drove to the school as fast as I could, I parked and went to the school to get him. I saw him sitting on the bench but not alone. I saw him laughing and my eyes went wide. What was he doing here? Their eyes went up, looking at me when they notice I was there.

"Harry?" I did not see him for a while and it was normal, it happened a lot. But this time I thought he was never going to talk to me or even wanted to talk to me. And, this time I really missed him more than any other time.

"Hello, love."

A/N: Two chapters left! Ahhhh! Sorry for any mistakes. xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9M 149K 44
Harry Styles will be playing your love interest. Those were the words Amber dreaded to hear. With a lot of bad history between them, the last thing t...
90.7K 3.5K 71
"I don't know what to do. How do I fix her, when she won't even look me in the eye?" "Do you still have that box she dug up?" "Yea, why?" "I think yo...
1.1M 37.6K 63
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
214K 6.1K 83
!!!!!WARNING!!!!! This is the first time I'm writing a fan fiction... Please don't expect anything much...My English may not be good but i hope you...