CHANGES

By theeloverbratt

Who knew one interaction could change everything. More

MAIN CHARACTERS
SIDE CHARACTERS
1.
2.
3.
4.
5
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26
27.
28.
29.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.
88.
89.
90.
91.
92.
93.
94.
95.
96.
97.
98.
99.
100.
101.
102.
103.
104.
105.
106.
107.
108.
109.
110.
111.
112.
113.
114.
115.
116.
117.
118.
119.
120.
121.
122.
123.
124.
125.
126.
127.
128.
129.
130.
131.
132.
133.
134.
Editing

30.

959 31 3
By theeloverbratt

June 29th, 2022
Two Days Later

Ayariah Chanel Jackson-Anthony

After almost four hours of doing Eryss's hair, I am finally finished. She had been throwing up all morning, so it took longer than it usually would to do her hair. It's almost 2 pm now. We had to move from my room to my bathroom to get her hair done. I'm starting to think she's pregnant, but she claims she isn't pregnant and doesn't want to take a test. So of course, I told Trin and Yonna to bring one, but they think it's for me.

"Hey bitches" Yonna comes into my room.

"Hey," Eryss mumbles.

"Here's your test" Trin hands me the pregnancy test.

"I already told you, it's not for me"

"Then who else would it be-" Yonna pauses and looks towards Eryss.

"Oh my god. Jo said he was shooting that shit up"

"I'm not taking it 'cause I'm not pregnant" Eyrss shrugs.

"You a lie, my bathroom smell like vomit. Take the test" I pushed Eryss in the bathroom.

"I hate it here"

"Too bad, take it" I pulled the stick out of the box and handed it to her.

"Y'all gone watch?"

"We already know what that pussy looking like" Trin shrugs and sits on the sink.

"Nice and pretty, now piss on the stick" Yonna closes the bathroom door.

****

"What it say?" I turned my timer off.

The silence in the room is loud. So loud that I already know the answer. Looking toward Eyrss, as she stands at the bathroom door, I can see the tears falling down her face. I sit up and glance over at Yonna, then back at Eryss. Yonna gets up from my beanbag and takes the stick from Eyrss. The second she looks at it, she covers her mouth and looks up at me. She slowly walks to me and holds it out for me to read it. The two lines clear on the stick show pregnant.

"Can somebody speak what the fuck.?" Trin snatches it from Yonna.

"Oh shit"

"You going to keep it?" I ask Eryss.

"I don't know" Eryss mumbles.

"Are you gonna tell him?" Yonna ask.

"I don't know" Eyrss wipes her face.

"Would you get an abortion?" Trin ask,

"I Don't Know" Eryss raises her voice.

"Okay bring it down, 'cause I ain't get you pregnant" Trin spoke harshly.

"You right, but I don't know Trinity. Y'all asking question after question and I don't fucking know okay" Eryss's voice cracks as she starts crying.

Leaning against the headboard, I take a deep breath. I feel bad for Eryss because I know she's not ready for a baby. Although she's financially stable and can afford a baby, she still isn't ready. Both mentally and physically where she is in life. She's still in college and has been working her ass off none stop. The four of us don't believe in abortions, but at this point where we are in life none of us need a baby right now. Even though we have each other and can help each other, a baby is the last thing we need. Especially with what we trying to do with our lives.

****

Semaj Shauna Brown

It's a little after 9 pm and Im on my way home. Stopping at the red light, I picked up my ringing phone and turned the music down.

"Speak"

"Yea, try again" Yari's voice rang through my phone.

As I look down at my phone, she hangs up. Shaking my head, I glanced in the back seat to check on Nezhai. He shifts around in his seat once my phone starts ringing again. After answering my phone, I put it in the cup holder.

"What you do that for?" I stepped on the gas.

"Cause that's not how yo answer the phone"

"Man, what the fuck" Vonta sits up in the seat.

He's in the car with me. We had taken Nezhai and his little sister to Disney World. Kemiah, who's in the back seat sleeping, came with us.

"Wassup?" I quickly looked at him, before focusing on the road.

"One of the girls pregnant" He turns his phone to me.

A picture of a pregnancy test and legs is posted on Yonna's close friends saying "we having a baby". That was two hours ago, but who is pregnant?

"Well, it ain't my shorty" I shrug.

"Where you going?" Yari asks.

"Home, we went to Disney World. Aye, who is pregnant?" I picked up my phone.

"What if I wanted to go"

"Who pregnant?" I looked down at my phone.

"What you talking bout?" She moves the camera, so I'm only looking at her forehead.

"Shorty bout to lie on some dummy shit" Vonta grabs his drink.

"Her ass just put me on mute"

"No, I didn't" Yari laughs.

"Which one of y'all pregnant?" Vonta asks.

"Not me"

"Shit, I know that" I looked back in the back seat.

Nezhai starts crying and Kemiah starts waking up. She looks at him and hands him her phone. Focusing back on the road, I turned my attention back to Yari while he continued to cry.

"Don't piss me off" Miah mumbles.

"Yonna pregnant? That's all I need to know fam" Vonta looks in the backseat.

"Ask her"

"You playing" I put my phone in my lap.

"Tell him stop stressing cause it ain't her"

I glanced over at Vonta and he not even paying attention. Jit face is all in his phone. Zhai is still in the back crying and Miah trying to figure out why he just crying.

"Hoe ass nigga ain't even paying attention" I stopped at the red light.

"Fuck up, bitch. Ion even know why you talking"

"Im a loyal man" I pick up my other phone and start checking my messages.

"Nah yo ass over there deleting messages" Vonta chuckled.

"Yo, why you back there crying like a little bitch? Shut that shit up" I quickly look back at Zhai, then at the road.

"Cause his daddy a bitch" Vonta reaches in the back.

"You better stop talking to him like that," Yari says.

I almost forgot she was on the phone. Picking up my phone, I hand it to Zhai. He almost instantly stops crying and grabs the phone. Miah sucks her teeth and turns the video that was playing on her phone off.

"Yari come get him" Miah leans back to her side.

"What's wrong papa?"

Zhai doesn't respond, but he wipes his face. He doesn't have his hearing aids in, so he most likely ain't hear her. He looks up at me and back at the phone. He turns away from me, as he sniffs and rubs his nose.

Already knowing he not gone say anything, I grabbed my AirPods and put one in my ear. I waited for it to connect to that phone. The sound of her voice rang through my ear.

"I gotta redo your hair bud"

"You can do mine too" I blew my horn. "Nigga fuck is you doing"

"Watch where you going bitch" Vonta rolls down the window.

"Jit tripping" I briefly look at the car we are passing.

"Hey no road rage"

"It ain't road rage ma. Jit almost hit my shit" Looking at my other phone, I changed the song.

"I guess, but I'm bout to head out so ima talk to you later"

"Where you going?" I asked reaching back for my phone.

Grabbing my phone, I looked at Yari. She looks good as fuck. The red hair looks amazing on her. Just when I'm about to take a picture of her, she puts her phone down.

"We going out to eat, then to the club"

"What club yall getting into?" I pulled into McDonald's drive-through.

"My brothers, duh"

"Welcome to McDonald's, what can I get you?"

After ordering our food, I pulled up to the next window. We got our food and I pulled off. Looking down at my phone again, I saw Yari was now walking outside.

"You driving?"

"Nope, bye" she hangs up.

Focusing on the road, I made my way to madukes crib to drop off Kemiah and Zhai. I wanna pull up on Ayariah while she out cause I ain't seen her all day. Lowkey missing her ass.

****

Comments..?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.7K 1.6K 13
❝This is just my truth,❞
66.1K 1.2K 40
read to find out❀️
250K 17K 30
"I thought that I was dreaming, when you said you loved me. The start of nothing." Published; Dec 24th 2023
12.4K 433 12
"losing someone close to you makes you not want to get close to anybody, but what if there was somebody who changed that? "