𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙉𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙑𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙖𝙗�...

By hibutbye12

She has a rough awakening in the box, only to find out she is the only girl in the Glade. Despite being menta... More

Introduction/Notes
The Box's Surprise Delivery: Ch.1
Meet the Leader: Ch 2
A Few Puzzle Pieces: Ch 3
New Order: Ch 5
Minho & His Maps: Ch 6
Memories or Dreams: Ch 7
What's Real?: Ch 8
Bickering: Ch 9
Sweet Mornings: Ch.10
Lake Day: Ch. 11
GRWM: Ch. 12
Truth or Dare: Ch 13
Asleep: Ch.14
Rough Day: Ch.15
Minho's A Third Wheel: Ch.16
Perspectives: Ch.17
Too Desperate: Ch.18
The Changing's Flashbacks: Ch. 19
Wake up: Ch.20
Gathering: Ch.21
Talking Again: Ch.22
Hair Drama: Ch. 23
Greenie: Ch.24
Confessions: Ch. 25
Conversations: Ch. 26
Oh! : Ch.27
Guilty: Ch.28
Unexpected: Ch.29

Rise and Shine: Ch 4

150 10 44
By hibutbye12

Alby's bed had turned out to be much more comfortable than I expected. And besides for my slightly sore muscles and small headache I was feeling refreshed. I woke up because of some laughing boys in the room next door, but I didn't mind. 

No one else in the Glade was up so I took some time to myself and got ready. I braided my hair- which I thankfully remembered how to do- and put on a basic but comfy outfit right before a bell sounded. People began making their way to the kitchen and I followed.

___________________________________________________________

"Goodmorning, Alice!"

"Morning, Frypan."

"Ready for your big day?"

Huh.

"You get to try out for some jobs! Plus, I think Alby said there's gonna be a Gathering for you."

Ohhh, right. 

"Yeah, yeah. Which job will I be trying out first?"

"Not sure. You've probably gotta check with Newt 'cause Alby was supposed to supervise you, but he's busy with Minho today." said Frypan as he served me a breakfast plate.

"Alright, thanks. See you soon!"

     I ate breakfast alone since I really wasn't in the mood for talking yet. Still, I got a lot of glances from boys eating all around me. That only made me hurry to check in with Newt even more.

___________________________________________________________

     Newt already took me to tryout for the Cooks, Sloppers, and Track-Hoes. None of which I was good at. I knocked over a bunch of dishes, kept dropping cleaning supplies, and according to Zart, I was "planting the seeds too slowly." It's not my fault that all the different berries looked so interesting!

Now, it was time for the Med-Jacks. I was really only looking forward to this because I would get to hang out with Jeff. He seemed nice.

"JEFF I'M DYING!" screamed a younger sounding boy. Clint and Jeff were about to start training me, but that was clearly interrupted. Did my first patient really have to be someone who was dying?!

Newt opened the door of the Med-Hut and revealed a boy who looked about 14 years old with dirty-blonde curls and blue eyes. He was a few inches taller despite seeming younger than me.

Newt sighed, "False alarm! It's just Noah."

(A/N: IT'S WALKER SCOBELL YALL 💪💪)

I hadn't met this kid before but everyone seemed pretty annoyed by him judging  from how they rolled their eyes. 

"What's wrong this time, dude?" asked Jeff. 

"When I was working with Gally, he randomly got super close to my face and his eyebrows scared the shit out of me-"

"Language!" Newt yelled. 

"- but I was working pretty high up so I literally fell off the ladder! Just look at my arm!"

Once he raised his right arm up, I could see the large forming bruises and minor scrapes.

"Not too bad. I think you can handle this one, right Greenie?" 

I nodded at Clint whilst Noah quietly muttered, "not too bad" to himself a few times. 

The first logical step I could think of starting with was cleaning up the scrapes and icing the bruises. As soon as I touched one of Noah's scrapes, he start yapping to Newt.

"So, Newt, don't you think it's pretty funny how I'm the Greenie's first ever patient? It's literally a sign. Look, we're already bonding!"

"Noah- you're always in the Med-Hut. Quit being delusional. She's just cleaning your wounds!"

"Aw c'mon, man. You can't deny it! I'm clearly getting rizzy. I'm the rizz master!" 

I could have sworn I heard Newt chuckle, but he managed to keep a straight face.

"Just watch me. Hey Alice, are you a Med-Jack? Cause I'm dying for you."

Jeff walked into the wall after hearing that. 

"Are your eyes the Maze? Cause I'm getting lost-"

"Bloody hell, Noah. That's enough, you're good to go."

"I almost wish I wasn't done treating him, he's a funny guy!" I laughed.

"SEE! I'M LITERALLY MORE RIZZFUL THAN ANY OF YALL EVER WILL BE! NEWT, CAN SHE PLEASE COME TO THE BUILDERS NEXT? PLEASE!"

"I'll consider it. Now go on before Gally gets all angry."

Noah got up and winked at me before shutting the door behind him. 

The moment he left, Clint, Newt, and Jeff bursted out laughing. I was confused considering how serious they were two seconds ago but couldn't help joining in. 

"That kid's unbelievable, innit Alice?"

Seeing Newt smile for probably the first time since my arrival only made me laugh harder. 

___________________________________________________________

     My work in the Med-Hut actually went great! I stayed there for another hour or so, and during that time I managed to treat a few injures and a sick boy pretty quickly. It all felt so natural to me; I was even able to make a few herbal medicines that neither Clint or Jeff had thought of before. 

A feeling of sadness washed over me as Newt walked me to the Builders. At least Noah might keep me distracted from Mr. Eyebrows.

"Hey, she-bean! Let's move it. We've got quite a bit of work to do if you want your hut done on time." 

Gally was working on my hut! My own hut! It was near the woods, but not too far from the Homestead. This was perfect. By the looks of it, they were starting the roof and adding finishing touches to the walls. Newt went to talk with Hank and Dan, two other Builders, when my attention was drawn upwards. 

"OW!"

"SORRY ALICE! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!"

Noah dropped at least three nails on my head. 

"Yeah! I'm fine!"

"Sorry about that, Greenie. The kid's pretty clumsy, but he's the only one light enough to work on the roof without making it all come crashing down." 

Little does Gally know I'm just as clumsy.

A slight gust of wind flew by and some pieces of paper went along with it. An idea came to mind, so I jumped up to Gally and grabbed the pencil from behind his ear, (which made him look like Bob the Builder by the way) and chased after the flying pages. I probably looked more childish than Noah.

Once I got a hold of a blank sheet, I didn't hesitate to start drawing. These Builders seemed pretty lost on how to make a cool looking building. No offense, but they were practically making a square. At least add some detail to it!

"Yo, Greenie! You gotta get back to work. No free- NEWT! COME LOOK AT THIS!" Gally shouted.

I had drawn out a new building design that was able to give me more space and my own bathroom without wasting too much extra supplies. 

"Oh, wow. That's really bloody good, Alice. It's brilliant. Unlike Gally."

Maybe I would be able to fit in with the Gladers. 

(A/N: what job do we think she'll get? Or will she get her own job? *winks like Noah*)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 23 12
Y/n, a girl who was put into a Maze completely full of boys had to grow up fast and work twice as hard her whole life to keep up and prove herself wo...
471K 11.1K 32
She awoke in a dark box with no memory of the past. She soon learns that she is the only girl in the glade, and outside the stone walls, lies an ever...
22.1K 768 36
"We are never getting out of here are we," I said to my best friend without the slightest bit of hope. "Come on, Teddy. Don't think like that," he s...
112K 2.2K 36
Raven. The only thing she remembers. Raven wakes up in the box just like every other person entering the glade. There's just one thing different. Sh...