Unexpected Fondness┊saiki k x...

By angelsdecending

!! STORY BEING REFURBISHED !! - • PK High School receives another transfer student! Woohoo! His name is Ashe... More

important note
zero // information
uno // chapter one
due // chapter two
tre // chapter three
quattro // chapter four
cinque // chapter five
sei // chapter six
sette // chapter seven
otto // chapter eight
dieci // chapter ten
undici // chapter eleven
dodici // chapter twelve
tredici // chapter thirteen
quattordici // chapter fourteen
quindici // chapter fifteen
sedici // chapter sixteen
diciassette // chapter seventeen
diciotto // chapter eighteen
diciannove // chapter nineteen
venti // chapter twenty
fin // end (kinda)
xtra, one
xtra, two

nove // chapter nine

189 4 7
By angelsdecending

' YOU DON'T JUST DO THAT TO ANYONE. '

📍🎀📍

As a new year started, a wave of fresh students, all from various grades, would be entering the door. Would previous students care? Maybe, but it's very unlikely. Asher knew damn well he wasn't one of the people who did. He was far too nervous dwelling on his last interaction with Saiki.

God dammit, just thinking of it now had him fidgeting in his seat. What would he say? How would he react? Would things continue to be the same, or would it change? All of the 'what ifs' his brain was clouded with made it just a bit harder to breathe. And all he could do was wait until their next conversation.

The brunette had planned on speaking with the boy sometime today, hopefully sooner than later. However, the wreck his emotions were in were slowly convincing himself otherwise. He was afraid to upset Saiki any more than he already had. So, instead of following along with the plans he made that morning, he laid his upperhalf on the desk, waiting for the passing period to end.

'I haven't spoken to him since yesterday... Hopefully he isn't too upset.'

Without much thought, he picked up a pencil and began digging the lead into the wooden surface.

'I shouldn't be sitting here and moping. I should find him and apologize. Or, that'd just bring unwanted attention, doing that midday, huh?'

The lead of pencil had grown shorter and the dust made marks on his skin— not that he had even realized.

'Maybe I can find him after school. But he's probably avoiding... But it wouldn't hurt to try. Right? Maybe??'

"What are you doing?"

Snap.

Asher's body jokted, startled from the appearance of the man on his mind. His eyes glanced to the pencil, "Oh. It broke."

"Hm?"

"Oh, uh," he dropped the pencil and dusted its leftovers away, not thinking of the evidence it left behind on his skin. "Nothing. What's up?"

"Lets eat lunch. Together."

Asher shot straight in his seat, "Seriously!?"

"Stop being so loud." He shifted, beginning to turn around, "I'll go if you aren't up to it."

"No, no! Yeah, lets have lunch together. I won't be busy-- I'm not-- yeah," he awkwardly stumbled over his words, acting as if he ended that coolly.

And, at least in Asher's eyes, Saiki bought it. "Okay. Bye."

"Mhm.." He watched the pink haired boy walk away, releasing a small breath he didn't know he was holding in.

'He isn't mad! Or-- it didn't seem like it, which is promising.'

• ——— •

Sooner or later, lunch came around. Asher grabbed the little bad he had packed, waiting near the entrance of his classroom for a particular male. He had texted Aren beforehand that he wouldn't be able to eat with the "gang," leaving out the small detail that he'd be spending one-on-one time with Saiki instead.

"Let's go." When the two of them got together, Saiki immediately led them somewhere, and the brunette wasn't hesitant to follow.

Together, they sat outside of the building on one of the many benches around the campus. They were silent as they began eating, the only sound being their chewing and the soft wind that occasionally brushed past. Well, that and Asher's thoughts that were just as open to Saiki as they were to himself.

"I'm sorry," Asher blurted out eventually.

"I know."

"Yeah, but I'm really sorry."

"I get it."

"No, but--" Asher paused to clear his throat, using the moment to somewhat gather his thoughts. "I know it's not very... common for that sort of thing around here. And even if we might not've went all the way in for it, I recognize that I might've made you uncomfortable, and that's the last thing I wanted. I was just-- I knew I would have to be the one to make a move, and.. God, I don't know..."

Saiki clicked his tongue, his eyes pointed in the opposite direction of Asher. "That's not why I reacted like that. I was just taken by surprise, which isn't something I'm used to."

"Huh? Nobody's tried to kiss you before?"

"Well, no. But that's not the point."

"So you aren't mad?" Asher wasn't too focused on whatever the point may be at the moment, he was just relieve that things weren't weird between them.

"I suppose not."

"Thank god..!!" He leaned forward into his knees for a moment, attempting to hide the wide grin on his face. He paid no mind to the tumbling of his food on his lap.

"But," the brunette's excited shivers came to a halt, "Do you like me?"

"Oh- haha." Asher could feel a warmth rise to his neck as he combed through his brown locks. "I mean, I did try to kiss you. You don't just do that to anyone.."

The only response he received was a shrug before going back to enjoying his food.

'That's it? Is he really that unaffected by my confession??'

'I'd rather not deal with that now. Or ever.'

"Uhm, Saiki--"

"Yo, pal! Buddy! Fancy seeing you two here!!"

"Asher, you seriously left me with these idiots for Saiki!?"

"Asher! Saiki!!"

'Dammit..'

'The first time I've ever been a little glad to see them.'

• ——— •

The three boys joined Saiki and Asher for the rest of lunch, causing the two of them to be unable to talk about that anymore, to the pinkette's luck. Aren and Asher walked home together like they typically did. It was silent, but it was to be expected. They didn't always have something to talk about, but that was okay. It was a comfortable silence. Seeing as the two of them were already close enough to be brothers, they've also gained that "sibling's intuition."

Aren could sense something was up from a mile away.

"Ash, what's up?"

"Huh?" Said male raised a brow to the sudden question. "What'dya mean?"

"You're giving a weird vibe right now-- and ever since earlier, actually."

"The hell?"

Aren sighed. "I mean, it feels like something's up. You can spill to me, dude. It's brothers' code to share secrets 'n shit to each other."

"Right.." Asher shrugged. "I dunno.. I'll let you know, though, when I get everything more sorted out. Yeah?"

The male nodded. "M'kay. Also, me and Kaidou and Nendou decided we're gona plan something for Saiki's birthday. I'll invite you to the group chat so we can talk about it later."

"Alright. See 'ya," he waved the purple haired boy off while he walked in another direction, towards his house.

Asher got home to an empty house, his mother most likely off at work. Better for him, anyways. It was still a little awkward between him and his mother, and he wanted to avoid that situation for the time being...

The brunette now laid lazily in his bed, avoiding any work he should be doing. A certain pink haired boy prevented him from doing so, running circles in his mind.

'I wonder if he likes me back. I mean, it's extremely unlikely, but maybe there's a chance? Never say never, right???'

He rolled over to he side, grabbing his cell. 'That reminds me. Maybe I should ask about Saiki's birthday, I need to prepare for that soon.'

chat name
strawberry vs chocolate

asher
hry

kusuo
hi

asher
OMG

you've never answered
so fast before

kusuo
bye.

asher
NO IM SORRY

pls dont lead pls im sorry

plspls

kusuo
what do you want?

asher
you're bday is coming upright

when is ur bday

kusuo
what?

asher
when is your birthday

kusuo
august 16th

why

asher
oh shit LMFAO

kusuo
what does that mean?

asher
nothing, nothing

i just wanted to know

do you have plans for christmas??

kusuo
besides spending time with my parents,
hopefully not

asher
well, you should definitely come over
to my house for christmas

just so you can meet my mom

i feel bad for making her do all of that then
making you leave

kusuo
you didn't make me leave, i left because
i wanted to

asher
its my fault tho

but wtvwtv

make time for me on christmas

kusuo
maybe

lets talk later

asher
okayyyy

Asher's ears felt a tad bit warmer than normal.

'Maybe Saiki and I will hang out on Christmas, and share gifts and drink hot chocolate together and all that gooey shit... I need to get him a good gift.'

On the other side, Saiki's eyes lingered on his screen.

'... Idiot.'

📍🎀📍

Like I said when I was first writing this, tooooo many time skips.

I'm not necessarily fixing the story, just rewriting what I previously had so there are little to no mistakes and it makes a tad more sense.

I'm too lazy to go around and fix the story as a whole. lolz

love randomly coming back with wavering motivation to write

COMING BACK IN 2024 W A RANDOM SPUR OF MOTIVATION BABES lolzzzz

i may or may not fix the precious chapters with different banners. most likely not. lol.

i'm more comfortable w wattpad formatting, but i may just move myself fully to ao3. sighs, sobs, pukes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.7K 2K 48
"I would go back in time just to kiss you again." "𝑰 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒅𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒎𝒆." "𝗜𝗳 𝗶 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱, 𝗶 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹, 𝗺𝘆 𝗹𝗼...
34K 7K 47
Started- May 07 2020 Completed- July 26 2020 Highest Rankings #1 in lekki (4/08/2020) #1 naija stars (5/08/2020) #5 in secondary school(17/07/2020) #...
9.7K 636 35
Nathan is a poor Alpha who grew up in the slums and was only allowed to attend the prestigious Rosemary Hall boarding school due to a stranger's kind...
236K 6.4K 17
• Saiki Kusuo x Female Reader • Ψ•Ψ ❝ᴡᴇ'ʟʟ ʟᴇᴛ ꜰᴀᴛᴇ ᴅᴇᴄɪᴅᴇ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ, ꜱᴀɪᴋɪ ᴋᴜꜱᴜᴏ.❞ ♧ » • (L/N) (Y/N), one of the newest students to join the infamous...