Petal | tk

By NimraSajjad

Kim Taehyung comes to Seoul, finally getting to pursue his dream of being a florist, taking over the small sh... More

Character Introduction
Chapter 1: Peonies
Chapter 2: Discern
Chapter 4: Flute
Chapter 5: Venture
Chapter 6: Catapult
Chapter 7: Hawthorn
Chapter 8: Brusque
Chapter 9: Epithet
Chapter 10: Villa
Chapter 11: Finesse
Chapter 12: Obsidian
Chapter 13: Mundane
Chapter 14: Picturesque
Chapter 15: Faux
Chapter 16: Smudge
Chapter 17: Tomfoolery
Chapter 18: Meekly
Chapter 19: Sugarplum
Chapter 20: Prattle
Chapter 21: Uppercut
Chapter 22: Saturnine
Chapter 23: Hyacinths

Chapter 3: Cataclysm

5.6K 636 764
By NimraSajjad

Pic cred bt_art23

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

Taehyung wakes up groaning to his usual alarm and this is the morning he doesn't feel like waking up as enthusiastically as the other mornings even though there's a lot of work to be done today.

And the only reason for him being lazily whining in his bed is because the last night was not good. It wasn't good at all.

Taehyung has always been the kid who grew up with immense love. Being the only child of the of an only child that's his father and on the other side two sisters, one being his mother and other a loving aunt with an equally loving cousin.

Not to mention how much he was spoiled with love by his grandparents. Even if his family wasn't rich, a working class family yet they were happy. They are happy. He's happy to be born in this family.

He's been spoiled by love and not money. And surely the two upbringings are different, most of the times if not always.

So no one, no one has ever talked to Taehyung the way that guy did in the backstage room of the arena.

Jeongguk. Taehyung heard Yoongi call him Jeongguk when he told him to shut up.

Taehyung had a completely different thoughts about the guy when he was fighting in the ring. He looked like he owned the world and nothing could take away the win he was about to get.

So determined, that taunting smirk holding the determination and his knuckles held the power and proof of the fact that he was good at what he was doing.

Taehyung always admires such determined people as he was one himself.

Well all went downhill the moment that guy opened his mouth and the words that came out couldn't even me mistaken as an accident.

They held determination in them too. They also held the proof that what he was saying, he was meaning it. Taehyung couldn't be wrong on that atleast.

Taehyung never hates people. He thinks it's too strong a word, too dangerous a feeling to harbor, capable of destroying your own mental peace.

Taehyung never hated his professor when he yelled at him in front of everyone because he didn't submit his assignment even when he gave a solid reason. It was okay.

That same professor made him never be late on a work so he doesn't hate him.

He doesn't hate a bully he had when he was in school because Taehyung accidentally cut his hair and those bangs were an abomination and he was made fun of but that guy left the school and Taehyung never had a chance to hate yet another person.

He doesn't even hate his ex boyfriend. He's terribly annoyed and frustrated at him, absolutely tired of him and his bullshit tries of holding Taehyung from achieving his dream.

So yeah, Taehyung doesn't hate people. Too kind for his own good.

But Taehyung absolutely hates that Jeongguk guy and there's no other way he'd like to put what he's feeling about him.

And to make his day worse, that ex of his has texted him.

Tae
Sweetie
I'm sorry plz just listen to me
Im really fuckin sorry for being so horrible and not trying to understand you

Can we please talk?

They broke up a month after Taehyung's grandmother died. It's been six months and Taehyung was taking his floral designing course and his ex started a fight as to why Taehyung is still so caught up to the idea of leaving.

And Taehyung hated how he underestimated him and he's had enough. They were together for a year and the last few months had been nothing but petty fights and Taehyung had enough and broke up with him.

After that day, today is when his ex decided to text and Taehyung is already so pissed at someone to even bother with another asshole.

He has also ignored Yoongi's texts of asking how he was and he wants to talk last night. He heard the knocks and Yoongi could've entered the shop because he has the key but he probably realized Taehyung doesn't want to talk and left.

Taehyung wasn't expecting Yoongi to bother coming after him.

Anyways, he has a dealer to meet so he can finally submit his shop as the event organizer and begin the next step of his business. So he doesn't have time to be annoyed or frustrated.

Yoongi was already there when Taehyung walked downstairs. He was already creating a bouquet on order it seems.

"Morning." Yoongi mumbles as he looks at him. Taehyung only nods at him and is about to rush for the breakfast in the near Cafe when Yoongi calls him.

"I got you a shake and donuts. It's your usual so I hope you weren't craving something else." Yoongi says and Taehyung sighs, walking back.

"Thanks. You didn't have to." Taehyung says and Yoongi only shrugs.

"You do that for me all the time so it's nothing." He says.

"Yeah sure and I'd believe it's got nothing to do with what happened last night." Taehyung slurps on the shake. Yoongi raises his eyebrow.

"What makes you think that?"

"Very perfectly timed." Taehyung utters. Yoongi sighs.

"I had no idea he'd be like that. You weren't even supposed to meet him and I'm sorry because I took you there---".

"I insisted on going. Someone else being an extremely bad person isn't your fault." Taehyung says.

"He's---not a bad person but what he did was so uncalled for and you didn't deserve that. How are you?" Yoongi asks.

"I'm okay and stop being his advocate. I don't want to talk about it and want to forget---those words." Taehyung says and Yoongi nods.

"But that doesn't mean I don't want to see the band performances. I really loved them and would love to see them again." Taehyung smiles playfully.

"You're insufferable." Yoongi goes back to wrapping the flowers.

"Tell me hyung, do all of you live together? Like in a frat or something? What other job do they do except playing in a band?" Taehyung asks, curious again.

"Jimin and Hoseok share an apartment. Jin has his own in the next building because there were no more left or he'll be in the same building." Yoongi says. It's like he can't say no to Taehyung and that's quite alarming.

"You and Namjoon?" A smile makes his way to his lips when he says Namjoon's name.

"We live one floor down Jin's floor. We share an apartment. We've also known each other the longest." Yoongi replies.

"Oh." Taehyung bites his lower lip because he can know a lot about Namjoon through Yoongi.

"Which area? You should give me your address in case of any emergency." Taehyung says innocently.

"Our building is at the beginning of Hannam."

"Woah. You guys have apartment in Hannam. I knew you were rich." Taehyung scoffs.

"This shop is also in Hannam." Yoongi raises his eyebrow.

"It's barely in Hannam. This neighborhood doesn't count in it." Taehyung says and he knows he's right.

He's almost tempted to ask where Jeongguk lives and the thought of wanting to trash his place comes right after.

"Do you go to out for drinks a lot?" Taehyung asks.

"We all frequent Nova. Some restaurants but mostly Nova." Yoongi replies.

"Wah I'm so jealous. Nova is like one of the biggest clubs in Hannam and you frequent it. Must be nice." Taehyung sighs.

"Wanna go there?" Yoongi offers, a playful smile on his lips.

"Right. I might not even be allowed and can't afford. I'm not the one who lives in the richest part of Seoul. It's you." Taehyung utters.

"I didn't ask you to tell me where I live or whether you can afford it now did I?" Yoongi utters.

"I don't think I should take advantage of you like that." Taehyung chuckles nervously. He becomes conscious in front of Yoongi. He always does in front of people with money, people with reach and it's clear Yoongi is one of them.

"Do you want to go there?" Yoongi asks again, firmly this time.

"What if he'd be there?" Taehyung says immediately and Yoongi knows who he's talking about.

"You don't have to interact with him. Besides he'll get drunk and find someone for the night someone in the club." Yoongi shrugs. Taehyung frowns.

"Is that so?" Taehyung mumbles.

"I'd go." Taehyung says in such determination that Yoongi is startled for a moment.

"And I'm not scared of him. I was caught of guard last time. It won't happen if I see him this time." Taehyung says.

"I took you to the arena and now the club and if something happens again, I'd feel like it's my fault too." Yoongi says. "Maybe it's not a good idea."

"I'll go now and don't go back on your words." Taehyung points at him. "And besides it's like they say, history doesn't repeat itself, it rhymes."

And Yoongi thinks it's not a good thing if the situation rhymes even a little bit like last night.

-----------------

"Where's Yoongi?" Jeongguk asks as he slowly swirls the drink in the class.

"He said he'd be a bit late." Jimin replies.

"He's still at work." Namjoon tells him.

They're sitting in their usual booth at the second floor of Nova and Jeongguk mostly has to go downstairs to find his prey for a night because that's where the majority of people are, well majority of easy people.

Easy to manipulate. Easy to buy. And Jeongguk knows its the same everywhere. He just avoids the second floor because people there are the ones on the richer side of scale and most of them could recognize him so he stays out of trouble.

He doesn't want the daughter of some rich asshole friend of his father to be crying after he didn't want another night with her. Nope.

"What's his obsession with flowers anyways?" Jeongguk asks.

"It's just a hobby." Namjoon replies.

"He doesn't have to work." Jeongguk shrugs.

"You don't have to fight either but here we are." Namjoon chuckles. "And as we all know, it's a side hobby of his."

"Yeah yeah." Jeongguk gulps the liquid down, gestures for the guy to bring another.

"He's been spending loads of time in that little shop ever since that new boss took over." Jeongguk says bitterly. "Suspicious."

"You and your stupid conclusions of things that can never happen don't even surprise me anymore, JK." Seokjin utters.

"I agree." Namjoon chuckles again.

"You're asking for him just so you are sure if Yoongi is mad at you or not." Hoseok mumbles.

"He doesn't get angry at me." Jeongguk smirks.

That smirks immediately gets wiped off his lips when he sees Yoongi and it's not because of Yoongi that his frowns turns into a glare but because of the person following him as they walk up the stairs.

"And you think I shouldn't be jumping to conclusions?" Jeongguk laughs bitterly. "He even brought him here."

"And I'm always the bad guy." Jeongguk looks at Namjoon who gives him a stern look.

"Don't speak anything of you're not going to apologize for last time. Not a single thing." Namjoon says, now smiling at Yoongi and Taehyung.

"Of course you'll take his side." Jeongguk's jaw ticks at the uncalled favoritism.

"Taehyung, hi." Namjoon smiles and Jeongguk almost smirks the way the new guy blushes like a fucking teenager.

"Good that you joined us. Last time wasn't so ideal." Seokjin laughs and ignores the way Jeongguk glares at him and doesn't see how Taehyung tenses.

"Jeongguk." Yoongi nods at him for the sake of acknowledgement and Jeongguk nods back.

Taehyung sits between and Jimin and Hoseok who ask him for a drink and he declines politely.

"I don't drink." Taehyung says apologetically.

Gosh, Jeongguk's got so much to say but he'll let Taehyung enjoy his sweet time here a little more. It's so obvious it's his first time here.

Taehyung's eyes meet Jeongguk's for a moment, the smile he was holding on his lips at something Hoseok said falters a bit and he looks away as if looking at Jeongguk is a sin.

"Have a light drink, Tae. You can't have a shake here too." Yoongi chuckles and Taehyung looks at him almost bashful.

Jeongguk watches it all in amusement, lips hidden behind his fingers and sometimes the glass. His eyes on Taehyung who's eyes are on Namjoon most of the time.

"An avid milkshake lover then?" Namjoon asks and Taehyung nods, smiling at him.

"Well it's a shame because I don't think we have them here, do we Jeongguk?" Namjoon asks and it's a normal question, no motive behind it.

But Taehyung being here makes nothing normal. Yoongi shouldn't have brought him here.

"I didn't decide the whole list of liquids when it was building." Jeongguk replies.

"It's fine. I really don't drink and don't need anything." Taehyung says and Jeongguk hates his smile. He absolutely hates it.

"What are you doing here then?" Jeongguk utters and Taehyung looks at him, that softness and that smile now done and a fiery look in his eyes.

"I came here with Yoongi hyung so it shouldn't concern you." Taehyung replies and diverts his attention from him altogether.

Jeongguk was about to reply when someone stops closer to him. A girl.

"Jeongguk, hi." She utters and Jeongguk closes his eyes to stop the frustration getting higher and higher because he doesn't want anything to do with her anymore.

But some people just don't know the meaning of a simple 'no'. He doesn't want to sleep with her again, nor want to go on a fucking date with her.

He doesn't fucking do dates.

"Before I say something that'll make you cry again, leave." Jeongguk says. Taehyung watches with keen eyes at the scene.

"I just want to talk for a moment, please." Her hand rests on Jeongguk's shoulder and he's so quick to shrug it away that it startles her and even Taehyung.

"We all know you don't want to talk."

"Just go with the poor girl." Jimin chuckles.

"Why don't you go with her? Will he be fine even though he too is way too high for your standards." Jeongguk says and Taehyung feels the embarrassment instead of the girl.

Sick words. So sick.

"I lowered them once for you but it's not happening again." Jeongguk mumbles. Taehyung hears Namjoon sigh loudly as if he's done with it all. It means this has happens so many times.

"Just, go." Jeongguk doesn't even look at her. She is fuming when she leaves.

"Just listen to her." Hoseok says. "She seems quite determined to get you."

"I know what she wants and you weren't the one who could smell her right now. She was with someone and now wants to get it from me." Jeongguk scoffs.

"Besides, don't wanna fuck a wh*re." Jeongguk mumbles and Taehyung suddenly feels his whole body jolts with fire for a second.

He was waiting for his chance, any attempt to get some revenge on what happened a night before and fucking hell, Jeongguk is so vile.

"Such double standards." Taehyung utters, his voice straining a little because he's so angry at the guy in front of him.

"Sorry?" Jeongguk utters.

"Why does she gets to be called a wh*re for sleeping around and not you? You do the exact same thing." Taehyung says.

Jeongguk is looking at him in a delirious way.

"What is it, that word. Oh right---". Taehyung's lips curve into a faintest of smirk.

"A manwhore." Taehyung says.

"What did you say?" Jeongguk asks, his voice so faint yet to dangerous.

"Doesn't feel nice being called an insult right? In this case, I am not a hooker yet you are a manwh*re." Taehyung feels so disgusted saying this word. He hates himself but he had to. He just had to.

He knows he's not made for this place or such people so he had to have his revenge even though people like Jeongguk might not even think of such words as insults.

And the way Jeongguk laughs proves his point.

"What's got your panties in twist? You mad the one you want ain't fucking you so you get all petty?" Jeongguk smirks.

Taehyung doesn't know why Jeongguk would say that even. He doesn't want any one like that and if he picked up his little crush on Namjoon then this is once again a sick thing to say.

"Why are you trying to hide your anger by being cool huh? I know it messed with you when I called you---".

"I don't have to pretend in front of you. If Yoongi hadn't brought you here, I'd let you know without losing my cool how you shouldn't run that mouth in front of me." Jeongguk says and Taehyung scoffs.

"That's it, we're leaving." Yoongi says to Taehyung because it's better to just leave rather than talk this out.

"Please do. And don't bother doing charity work next time, Yoongi hyung. Some people can't afford to be here for a reason." Jeongguk says and Taehyung's ears ring with those words just like that night.

"Goddamn it Jeongguk!" Yoongi exclaims.

"No wonder why he didn't want a drink." Jeongguk utters.

Because I can't afford it? Taehyung thinks. He doesn't know. All he knows that Jeongguk has become the first person in his life he absolutely loathes.

Taehyung's body is on autopilot. He gets up, his hand reaches for the drink in front of him and then on Jeongguk's face.

He hears collective gasps around him.

"Taehyung---". Someone calls him, probably to make him stop but he's not listening.

Taehyung's hand shakes so much that the glass he's holding falls and breaks. He watches Jeongguk lick his lips and then tongue at his inner chin, the moment of shock he had is now gone and now he looks at him in a way that feels like his mere gaze is enough to ridicule his entire existence.

With shaking hands, Taehyung takes out the money, doesn't know how much but he had enough to afford one drink atleast and he throws them at the table in front of Jeongguk.

"For the drink." Taehyung says and his voice shakes so badly that it feels like he might cry.

Jeongguk gets up and even with a few steps between them, Taehyung takes a step back, a momentarily fear in his eyes and Jeongguk notices. Of course he notices.

"Contain your excitement, you might need them to go back to your little shop of flowers and we don't want you begging for a free ride too now, do we?" Jeongguk utters.

"Why don't you add them to your jar of how much people you ridicule just to boost your ego?" Taehyung utters.

"Jeongguk, Taehyung---". But Jeongguk raises his hand to male Yoongi stop.

"Let me have the full experience of it, hyung because it's not like he'd be coming back. Such entertainment doesn't come daily." Jeongguk smirks.

"Entertainment? Gosh how sick must you be in the head to have such mentality? It's a wonder how any of these are your own friends." Taehyung says.

"Yet they are. You trying to force yourself in here won't work, hmm? So give up and grow flowers and sell them. It's all you'll ever do." Jeongguk utters, flicking the money back at Taehyung.

Taehyung never knew he needed someone like Jeongguk to bring his bad side out. A side he is hating so much. But he cannot allow Jeongguk to ridicule him and his work because whatever he says, it's nothing compared to what he gets.

"Your parents must be so proud of you." Taehyung utters and he's done. He wants to leave.

He doesn't expect his words to complete flip the situation to more worse than it already was.

Jeongguk's eyes go furious. With two powerful strides, he's in his face and Taehyung stands over the broken glass as he stumbles a little, his eyes widen in fear at the sudden move, hands flying on his chest, almost about to push Jeongguk away.

"Jeongguk---". Namjoon touches Jeongguk's arm to pull him away but he shakes it away and stays rooted.

"Let me get this through you, flower boy. You're little insults aren't gonna faze me. I've been so fucking patient with you but you're no one special whom I will tolerate any longer." Jeongguk utters, his voice low and menacing.

"Whatever pathetic eye flutters you use to get people to your side won't work on me and if you're doing all this to get my attention then just say so, I'm sure we can find you someone to take care of you." Jeongguk whispers the last words.

"Go back to your flowers, do whatever the fuck you want where you belong. This place isn't for you and I know you're aware of it." Jeongguk utters.

"And don't concern your little head with who I fuck and what double standards are here, your worth doesn't allow you to even understand it all yeah?" Jeongguk utters and only Taehyung knows how hard he tried not to give this bastard the satisfaction by crying.

"You should be ashamed of yourself." Taehyung whispers and lets his hand touch the filth of his chest just to push him away and then rush towards the stairs.

Jeongguk lets his resolve crumble and his foot collides with the table with a force that has everything toppling and breaking on the floor.

"If you ever fucking bring him here or in front of me---I swear---". Jeongguk stops himself because it's Yoongi. He doesn't want to say anything to Yoongi.

"What will you do? Do I even need to hear it?" Yoongi utters.

"You shouldn't have fucking brought him here." Jeongguk says, his face almost red.

"I know." Yoongi says and then he's leaving too, following Taehyung.

Jeongguk feels like he would explode. The fucking nerve of that guy!

Your parents must be so proud of you.

Jeongguk will go insane because Taehyung's words aren't leaving his mind and they won't for a while, he knows that.

"Get me a fucking drink!" He yells at the bartender. He needs a strong one and only then he might forget these words.

"What the fuck is happening." Namjoon whispers and sighs, running a hand in his hair.

-----------------

Taehyung stops the moment he exits the club and takes a deep breath. He could feel the sobs threatening to shake his body and he doesn't know how long he'd tried not to let it happen.

Not even for a second more as tears burst from his eyes and he starts crying.

He covers his eyes to stop himself from crying, taking deep breaths but with every breath, there's a new sob that leaves his lips and more tears fall.

He looks at his fingertips where the tears shine and they feel so out of place, so inappropriate and unwelcomed as if him crying was something so, so wrong and that too over someone he doesn't even know.

This wasn't in his plan of coming to Seoul. He wasn't supposed to be crying like an idiot because he couldn't handle some harsh words. He should handle them, he should be strong.

He is plenty strong. He knows he is but he never knew he was this sensitive too.

He wipes away his tears once again, vainly looking at his shaking hands and then using the sleeves of his shirt to cover his eyes and let it stay there for a while.

It's okay. You're going to be okay.

He'll never see that guy again. He'll forget and he'll move on.

So what if that guy has more money, it's not like I'm broke. I'm fine. I'm happy and I'm well.

That guy must be so miserable to turn out this way, no love must surround him yet it surrounds me. That's all I need.

I don't need to be crying because of him. Not anymore.

Taehyung takes a deep breath as he wipes his tears for the last time, scolding himself to be crying because of a person who doesn't deserve these tears.

But another sob threatens to leave his lips because of the shame and embarrassment he feels.

He went there to call out that guy for sleeping around yet having the nerve to call others insult but he got his self respect tainted right onto his hands.

"Taehyung." He jumps at the voice. Yoongi.

"Leave me alone." Taehyung utters.

"I'll drop you off." Yoongi says.

"You don't have a car." Taehyung mumbles.

"I do. Namjoon drives recklessly so it's me who drives it mostly and it's parked right---".

"I don't want any more of your privileges. I'll take the cab." Taehyung says. He doesn't want to be rude to Yoongi but he doesn't know what he's saying.

"Don't say that. I---".

"Please, hyung. I want to go by myself." Taehyung says and doesn't wait for Yoongi to say more. He walks towards the parking while booking a ride.

He's had enough of everyone and everything for today.

Never knew he'd ever be thinking such crass thoughts.

First time for everything, I guess.

Yoongi stays outside until Taehyung gets inside the car and leaves.

And Yoongi needs to talk to Jeongguk.

----------------

Pic reds to rightful owners

^This edit lol but gosh this was such a random collab we never knew we needed! Tae has an ability to make everyone whipped for him and not to mention Jackie Chan! ❤

A movie together when?👀

^Aigoo babies💜💜

^Valid gukk valid💜

^only Kim Namjoon 😂

^oh okay...🔥💜

------------------

Hello loves. How are you all?

Hope you liked the chap.
and...woops hehe

Have a good day and peaceful night.
Bye...
خداحافظ۔۔۔

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 50.1K 54
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1M 18.7K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
101K 6.2K 10
taehyung finds the home he never had in jungkook's arms.
77.2K 3.1K 35
Sequel to Wait For Me To Come Home It's been twenty-one years since Lauren let Camila sat down at her table, twenty since Camila had almost died, and...