{} ~ Once The DayBreaks ~ {}...

By CoffeeTheBeanycub

It's just your friendly cartoon pals! in there cartoon world! right? See their adventures right here! More

Chapter 1
Explaining of the au
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
small thing
Chapter A&D
Chapter A&D part 2
o-o
Chapter A&D Part 3
Designs.
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
HEHEH
Chapter A&D part 4
Chapter A&D part 5
o-o / Some art
importment
quick update
Chapter A&D part 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 7

347 7 5
By CoffeeTheBeanycub

The air felt chilling this morning, the critters already up and doing their jobs around the dome, keeping it up and working the best that they could. Ray was getting ready to go on a patrol of the outside, before he gets going he tells each of the critters where he was going so they don't get concerned. 

He grabs the dome key and heads over towards the door, the paint from the door pealing off from it not being repainted in such a long time. 

Ray walks down the darken halls it always felt so eery out there, he kept his weapon close to his side ready grab and  attack anything that tries to attack him. The outside of the dome started to corrode over the years, exposed wires, pipes coming from out of the walls, and the floor cracking and breaking in half.

Ray ducks over the pipes making sure his ears didn't hit the wires. Ray finds himself at the far reaches of the ventured areas of the outer dome, he wanted to go out too far but did wonder what else laid out farther.

He sighed sitting down, barely any of the monsters came out this far so he knew he was mostly safe. he grabs one of the pebbles from his side and throws it out into the dark abyss, it was eerie but he grew to not mind it I mean, how would he not? hes been here his whole life how, it was comfort not everyone understood the comfort about it. But that didn't matter, only he needed to. Only he needed too...

Drip

 His ears perks up as he hears the soft dripping of water, snapping him out of his thoughts. sniffing air,  the air felt very still to him, like it always did out there. Then a strong scent hits his nose making him scrunch, 

Lavender?

He glanced around confused about the overwhelming strong scent. 

Ray looked up to the darkness above a silhouette was in there, Ray squinted his eyes the only thing you could see was its eyes, observing Ray. Ray subconsciously grabs hold of the pipe, it eyes slit when seeing the pipe it crawls quickly back up into the darkness, the lavender scent going with it.

"What was that..." He said to himself, standing up he looks around to see if it had dropped down anywhere, no it didn't seem like it Ray sighs and begins to make his way back to the dome, his eyes scanning the area seeing if anyone was stalking him. He passes a door then pauses hearing it creak open? he turns towards the door, curiosity he goes inside though cautiously looks around inside the room.

He looks around for any marker to know that he had been inside this room before, there seems to be nothing its been quite a long time since hes found a new place to explore. he attempts to open one of the drawers but finds it was locked, he notices most of the drawers and cabinets were locked. Only a single one which had a blanket with some noticeable scratches Ray picked it up, that same lavender scent hitting his nose again, Ray placed the blanket down and looked around the room some more seeing a vent, the vent looked like it was opened before though messily put back on making it jammed. "Hm.." He thought to himself,

realizing he should be getting back he begins walking towards the door stepping on some hard object, Ray crouches down to see what it was, Scrap metal he sighed and picked it up could be useful for Elliot. Before he left he grabbed something out and marked the door, then finally he leaves heading back to the dome. the darkness made it quite hard to see the door but Ray managed. 

He finds the door, he opens it and goes through it, he closed the door locking it he puts the key away and begins to walk over to Elliot's makeshift workshop that he had created awhile back to fix stuff up, Ray placed the scrap metal down and looked at Elliot. 

"Here you go Elliot, found that on my patrol, thought it would be helpful." Ray hummed. Elliots looks over towards the scrap metal, and smiled walking over towards Ray.  "Thank you, did anything happen on patrol?" Elliot asked grabbing some pieces of scrap and putting it on the table, "Actually yeah, today on patrol I went out to the outer areas, something was out there it wasn't like any of the monsters we've met it had this lavender scent, though I couldn't actually see it it was too dark before I could do anything though it was gone."

Ray explained, Elliot paused what he was doing and turned back at Ray,  "Lavender?" Elliot just stared waiting a few moments before Ray responded. "Yeah it was weird." Ray said, Elliot sighed and just got back to work. 'Let the dog figure it out on his own.' He thought to himself, "Well imma go tell the others Im back. See you later Elliot." Ray said walking off. 

to check up one the others. Everyone seemed like they were doing okay, though Chichi had gotten himself hurt so Rosie was patching him up again . Ray sat down to think, he wanted to go out again and find out whatever that thing was, there was a sense of familiarity that he had lacked for a long time but he doesn't know why.

a few hours pass by and all the critters begin to head back to the house to eat and get to bed, Ray though seemed distracted, not really fully there that evening. "I hope everyone had a good day, I sure did." Penny said giving everyone a plate of food. "Yeah today was okay, not very eventful though." Hopps explained crossing her arms looking over towards Chichi. "Got yourself hurt again Chi? Really?" Hopps snickered, Chichi crossed his arms and gave Hopps a glare. "Look I didn't see it and fell okay!" Chichi explained embarrassed, making the other critters snickered.

"Ray how was your day, you haven't really spoke much about it." Ella asked looking at Ray, "Huh? oh uh, it was okay." Ray said looking at his plate of food. Elliot stared at Ray, then back at the other critters. "Well that's good!" She said humming.

After supper everyone head to there rooms, everyone soon being asleep.

Ray thought was awake thinking, he sighs looking out his window he wasn't really tired, and curiosity was getting to him. he wanted to know where that vent lead and whatever that silhouette was. he growled to himself and stood up. "You know what imma go see." He said to himself. He grabs his pipe and opens his door, sneaking out of the house. he begins to make his way towards the dome door, and opening it going through it. He begins to head back to that room. He soon makes his way to it, opening the door and going through it making sure this was the room.

"This is a bad idea... Maybe I should of done this in the morning..." He started to regretting going out here at such a later time,  but then shook it off telling himself it will be fine, he walks over to the vent pulling it open. He crouched down looking side to side making sure nothing was there before crawling through the vent, 

 he makes it to the end of the vent, opening the vent cover and leaves the vent standing up. He looks around noticing it was a small room, the room seemed like any other but in the corner there was a blanket and some pillows like someone had been sleeping in here. Ray walks over smelling that lavender again. "Has It been sleeping in here?" He mumbled to himself, he had a sense of pity. Ray places down his flashlight on the tiled floor.

He notices there being, bloodstains while looking he realizes this room didn't have any exits exempt the vents. "Weird.." He said to himself, his ears perk up to something exiting the vent. He pretends to not notice them there, sensing them moving closer towards him he catches it off guard by grabbing a hold of them. the darkness in the room made it hard to make out who it was, Ray squints seeing the figure struggle, trying to break free from his grip he used his foot and pushed the flashlight closer seeing the figure better.

...

...

...

Nova? 

Ray lets him down as Nova rubbed his neck, "Nova?! You're alive?!" Ray eyes filled with tears, he goes up to hug Nova. Nova uncomfortable by the sudden hug pushes Ray away. "Sorry.. I missed you!" Ray noticed Nova being a little taller than him, Nova grabbed his own arm looking away his tail dragged along the floor. "The others are gonna be so happy! Come on let's go!" Ray grabs Nova hand, Nova doesn't follow, making Ray stop but he keeps his hand intertwined with Nova's, 

"Why are just standing there?.. Come on!" Ray tried to get Nova to follow, Nova looked away again thinking for a moment he shakes his head, looking back at the confused Ray. "... Is it because it's night?" Ray asked, Nova nervously looked away debating what answer he was gonna give.

He looks back and nodded at Ray. "Oh! well I can get you in the morning then!" Ray said his tail wagging, "Then we all will be together again!" Ray smiled. Nova just stared not saying a word. 

Ray let go of Novas hand but before he left he hugged Nova tightly, making Nova uncomfortable again though he more subtly pushed Ray away. Ray grabs his flashlight and leaves, he didn't want to he just wanted his best friend to come back with him now. But he had to wait the night. 

He gets back to the dome and soon makes it back to the house, he realizes it was actually getting early was he really out there that long? He thought to himself, he decided to put his stuff away and begin to make breakfast for everyone.

Soon some of the critters begin to wake up and head down into the kitchen noticing Ray being up already. "Oh good morning Ray." Elliot was the first to get up the other critters were all mostly asleep still. Ray hummed and looked at Elliot. "Hello Elliot!" He said in a chipper tone. "Your chipper, whats got you so happy?" Elliot asked then slightly smelling the lavender coming off of Ray from earlier, though mostly the vanilla cancelled it out. "Why do you smell like-" Elliot then realized. "Wait. Ray." Elliot said staring at Ray, Ray looked at Elliot. "What?" He asked being a bit oblivious. "Why were you out last night." He crossed his arms, Ray stopped what he was doing

he didn't look at Elliot. "Uh- what do you mean? I wasn't out, its dangerous out there." Ray tried to brush it off, "Uh huh.." Elliot didn't believe Ray for a second, he then sighs and looked over towards the food. "What are you making anyway?" Elliot asked. "Pancakes." Ray responded going back to making the food.

Soon everyone was awake and the pancakes were done, everyone had a plate and they all sat in the living room today. Ray was munching down on his food quite quickly, Chichi noticed and looked over, but decided not to say anything. 

After breakfast everyone got to their jobs Ray heads out again, he was excited to see Nova again wanting to see him again, Ray leaves beginning to head towards the room Nova seemed to sleep in. Ray thought about it, why was he sleeping on barely anything. Why haven't he came back? it probably isn't comfortable to sleep in the cold and floor. 

Ray walks into the room finding the vent and crawling through it, seeing Nova sleeping cramped up in the corner. 'Oh Nova...' he thought to himself, he goes over to Nova sitting down next to him. "Nova? you awake?" Ray said trying to wake Nova up, Nova gets startled awake looking at Ray. "Morning, come on let's get to the dome now!" Ray said, standing up waiting for Nova to get up too. Nova stands up and looks at Ray, he was holding onto his arm. "Okay follow me." Ray said going to the vent and crawling through it, Nova goes through the vents following Ray though he kept his distance.

They get out of the room walking to the dome, Nova crossed his arms looking away from Ray. Ray glanced at Nova, Nova bumped into him because he had stopped Nova looked at Ray confused. "You alright?" Ray asked, Nova nodded. Ray begun to walk again both now were at the dome door, the light from it showed Nova much better. "..." Ray stared at Nova, grabbing his arm to look. "Why didn't you tell me! You're bleeding!' Ray said, Nova moved his arm away. "Let's go to Rosie first so she can patch you up, okay?" Nova nodded, the two enter the dome the others hadn't actually notice Ray had left at all. Ray grabs Nova's had and brings him to the door, Ray enters first to see Rosie and Ella talking together. "Hey Rosie?" Ray called out, Rosie and Ella pause their conversation and both look at Ray. Rosie tilts her head, "I have someone that needs patching up, just don't freak out." Ray explained, "Why would Ros-" Nova walked through the door, the two were stunned then Rosie stood up and ran over to Nova hugging him tightly, Nova pushed Rosie away. She grabbed his hand bringing him over to the couch, then Rosie leaves and grabs her medic supplies. Ella was checking the arm for any infection when Rosie came back.

Ray sat down while the two patch Nova up, though Nova wouldn't allow the Rosie to check his back and chest for any injuries which annoyed her but she decided not to push for it. "Where did you go Nova..?" Ella asked, Nova doesn't answer just looking away uncomfortably. Ella looked at Ray hoping he had some type of answer. "Nova hadn't said a peep to me since I found him." Ray responded looking at Nova, "Hm... this wound wasn't by any of the normal monsters.. which is weird." Ella whispered to Rosie, Rosie nodded. 

"Have you told the others Nova is back?" Ella asked Ray, Ray then looked away nervously laughing. "No...-" He rubbed the back of his neck. "Oh dear.. this is gonna be something.." Ella muttered, "Well Nova, you should go rest. I would suggest your old room but we got locked out of it a long while ago. So uh..." Ella thought, "He can take my room for a bit." Ray suggested, Nova looked at Ray. "Oh If you're sure Ray then Nova you go rest in Ray's room." Ella explained, Ray stands up and grabs Nova's hand bring him to his room. "You just rest here Nova, I can go ask Penny if there's some food she could make up." Ray said, Nova nodded looking away from Ray his tail lazily dragged across the room, Ray then leaves Nova alone, heading into the kitchen. 

"Penny?" Ray called out, Penny paused the organizing of the pantry and looks over to Ray, tilting her head. "Oh hey Ray." Penny smiled, "Uh could you make something, like a sandwich or something." Ray asked, Penny stared for a moment, a bit confused. "I mean sure I can, I can make a grilled cheese." She said rubbing the back of her head, then went into the pantry and begun grabbing the indigents for a grill cheese. "Why though? we ate not to long ago." Penny asked. "Uh- you'll understand in a bit trust me." Ray said, he didn't exactly know how to explain that Nova was here and also alive. 

Soon she finishes handing the grill cheese to Ray. "Here you go Ray." She hummed begging to clean up the mess in the kitchen. "Thank you!" Ray thanked her and left the kitchen going upstairs to his room to give the meal to Nova. "Hey Nova? I got you some food." Ray said, Nova was laying on the bed curled up (like a cat), he sits up and looks at Ray. Ray walks over to Nova placing down the food on the bed. "There you go." Ray hummed sitting down, Nova stared at the food for a few moments before picking it up and taking a bite, is eyes dilate seeming to be enjoying the taste of the food. 

It was later now Nova had been sleeping for most of the day, though Ray and the 2 others that knew hadn't told the other critters about the return of Nova yet, waiting till everyone was present. Ray was downstairs helping Penny put away supplies. It was getting lunch time so everyone was gonna be heading inside relatively soon, Penny and Ray finish up putting the supplies away. "Okay now that's done I can start some lunch!" She said humming, Ray smiled then left heading upstairs to check up on Nova. 

YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN CHAPTER 7, IT IS ALMOST 3K WORD CHAPTER I AM SO VERY PROUD OF MYSELF. MY BABY BOY IS BACK AND IM SO HAPPY TWT HES THE GREATEST GAY KITTY. 

though my beautiful readers, I have plans for that cat. EVIL LAUGHTER INSUE (IT IS 5AM AGAIN WHEN I AM FINISHING THIS)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 232 28
Okay the cover is completely random- ANYWAYS- This fiction is like, headcannons- but also very cannon!!!- Itll be from where- SPOILERS!- theodore is...
44.3K 898 37
Catnap, one of the smilling critters, who has betrayed them all over prototype 1006, was now back to normal as he wasn't under prototypes Control any...
4.6K 107 8
**DISCLAIMER. Does not follow traditional lore or theories that make the involved characters "off-putting" for the situation. They're all of proper m...
1.6K 36 10
All the Critters are 20 -21 in this to make it easier for everyone while you're 19- 20. I DID THE COVER!!!! I DID IT WITH PICSART!!!!!!!! One day whe...