what i want//steve harrington

By whateverdude_05

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆ 16 year old Jamie Henderson has a lot of tension with her ex, Steve Harrington. She wants nothing to... More

CAST
SEASON 1
001: Will Byers
002: The Party
003: The Photos
004: The Darkroom
005: The Tree
006: The Fight
007: The Walkie
008: Reunion
009: The Bathtub
010: Monster Hunting
011: Aftermath
SEASON 2
012: The New Guy
013: The Party
014: No more Sunshine
015: Apologies
016: Dart
017: Junkyard
018: Confused
019: Interrogation
020: The Bench Team
021: Tunnels
021: The Snow Ball
SEASON 3
022: Russians?
VALENTINES SPECIAL
023: Spycraft
025: The Elevator
026: Caught
027: Trapped
028: Bathroom
029: Rescued
030: Trouble
031: The Battle of Starcourt
UPDATE
032: Grief

024: The Vents

31 3 0
By whateverdude_05

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ What I Want ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗

3RD PERSON POV:

That next day Dustin would keep watch on those Russian guards while the others worked. When Dustin got back they all met at Scoops Ahoy where he told them what he found out.

Dustin said, "That keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the Russian with this keycard also has a massive gun. Whatever's in this room, whatever's in those boxes, they really don't want anybody finding it." 

"But there's gotta be a way in," Robin said.

"Well, you know...I could just take him out," Steve said.

Robin looked at him, "Take WHO out?"

"The Russian guard," He replied.

Both Jamie and Robin roll their eyes at him.

"What? I sneak up behind him, I know him out, and I take his keycard. It's easy," He explained.

"Steve, did you miss the part of how this guard is armed heavily?" Jamie asked.

"Yes, Jamie, I did. And that's why I would be sneaking."

"Well, last time I checked...you, um, how do I put this nicely? Have you ever, I don't know, won a fight?" Jamie asked.

"Okay, that was one time-"

"Twice. Jonathan beat the crap out of you junior year."

"That doesn't count."

"How does that not count? You also beat me up!"

"You hit me first!"

"Because YOU practically told everyone about my past..."

The two kept arguing while Robin turned her head and saw the vent. Dustin was trying to make the two stop arguing.

"That just might work," Robin said as she got out of her chair.

She ran to the front and grabbed all the tip money. Steve was shouting at her, asking what she was doing.

"I need cash," She replied.

"Well, half of that's mine," He argued, "Where're you going?"

"To find a way into that room, a safe way. And in the meantime, sling ice cream, behave, and don't get beat up. I'll be back in a jiff."

She then ran off to wherever she was going. Dustin was licking Steve's scooper and Steve took it out of his hands.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

Robin finally got back from her adventure.

"It is fascinating what 20 bucks will get you at the County Recorder's Office," She started.

She then laid a blueprint down on the table, "Starcourt Mall. The complete blueprints."

"Not bad," Jamie commented.

"So, this is us, Scoops," She pointed to their location. She then pointed to the secret room, "And this is where we want to get."

"I mean, I don't really see a way in," Steve said.

"There's not if you're talking exclusively about doors," Robin said as she removed the first blueprint revealing another. 

Dustin looked at the new print, "Air ducts."

"Exactly," She then walked over to grab a marker. "Turns out, this secret room needs air just like any old room. And these air ducts..."

With that marker, she drew a pathway from the shop to the room, "...lead all the way...here."

"Robin, you are one insane genius," Jamie said.

Steve grabbed a screwdriver and a latter to take off the vents cover. Dustin handed him a flashlight and Steve gave him the screwdriver. 

"Yeah, I don't know, man. I don't know if you can fit in here. It's like...super tight," Steve said.

"I'll fit. Trust me. No collar bones, remember?"

"Uh, excuse me?" Robin asked.

While the boys were switching spots Jamie explained, "Dustin has a condition where he was born with a genetic condition called cleidocrinal dysplasia. Basically, he is missing bones and he happens to have no collar bones."

"Cool."

"Steve, push me!" Dustin cried out from inside the vent.

"Okay," Steve climbed up.

"Not my feet, dumbass. Push my ass!"

"What?"

"TOUCH MY BUTT! I DON'T CARE! COME ON! HARDER! PUSH HARDER!"

"I'M PUSHING!"

Jamie is just laughing at the scene.

"YOU'RE PLAYING WITH MY LEGS!"

"I'M NOT PLAYING, I HAVE TERRIBLE FOOTING!"

"COME ON!"

"I'M GONNA JUST SHOVE YOU, READY?"

"JUST SHOVE ME?"

"ONE, TWO..."

"SHIT!"

"THAT WORK?"

"ONE MORE TIME!"

The bell at the front rang, it was none other than Erica Sinclair. Jamie and Robin both looked at each other. 

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

They asked Erica if she could fit into the vent. She climbed up the ladder and looked inside, then climbed back down.

"Yeah, I don't know," She said.

"You don't know if you can fit?" Dustin asked.

She replied, "Oh, I can fit. I just don't know if I want to."

"Are you claustrophobic?" Robin asked. 

Erica snickered, "I don't have phobias."

"Okay, well, what's the problem?" Jamie asked.

"The problem is, I still haven't heard what's in this for Erica." 

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

They went out to the front where Steve was forced to make her whatever her heart desired. Steve had made her a banana split but she said it needed more fudge. He rolled his eyes and went back to add more fudge.

"All right," Robin said, "You see this?" 

As she pointed to the map, "This is the route you're gonna take. Then we just wait till the last delivery goes out tonight. Then you know out the grate, jump down, and open the door."

"Then you find out what's in those boxes?" Erica asked.

"Exactly," Jamie answered.

"Mhm, and you say this guard is armed."

"Yes, but he won't be there," Dustin said.

"And booby traps?" Erica added.

"Booby traps?" Robin asked.

"Lasers, spikes in the wall?" 

"What?"

"You know what this half-baked plan of yours sounds like to me? Child endangerment."

"We'll be in radio contact with you the whole time-" Robin started.

"Ah, ah, ah! Child. Endangerment."

"Erica? Hi. Uh...we think these Russians want to do harm to our country. Great harm. Don't you love your country?" Dustin asked.

"You can't spell 'America' without 'Erica'," She responded.

Dustin thought about it, "Uh, yeah, yeah. Oddly, that's, uh, totally true. So, so, don't do this for us. Do it for your country. Do it for you fellow man. Do this for American...Erica."

"Ooh! I just got the chills. Oh, yeah, from this float, not your speech. Know what I love most about this country? Capitalism. Do you know what capitalism is?"

Jamie, Robin, and Dustin replied, "Yeah."

"It means this is a free market system. Which means people get paid for their services, depending on how valuable their contributions are. And it seems to me, my ability to fit into that little vent, is very, very valuable to you all. So, you want my help? This USS Butterscotch, better be the first of many. And I'm talking free ice cream, for life."

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

The mall had officially closed. Robin, Jamie, Steve, and Dustin were at the roof spot from the night before while Erica was in Scoops. 

Robin used the walkie, "Erica, do you copy?"

"Mhm. I copy. You nerds in position or what?"

"Yeah, we're in position. It's all quiet here, so you've got the green light."

"Green light, roger that. Commence Operation Child Endangerment."

"Can we maybe not call it that?"

"See you on the other side. Nerds."

They all waited patiently for Erica to give them the heads up she was alive. While the waited Jamie leaned against Steve's shoulder and he played with her hair. After around 15 minutes Erica responded.

"All right, nerds. I'm there."

"Do you- Do you see anything?" Robin asked.

"Yeah, I see those boring boxes you're so excited about."

"Any guards?"

"Negative."

"Booby traps?"

"If I could see them, they'd be pretty shit traps, wouldn't they?"

"Thank you for that."

They could hear her kick the cover off and land down.

"I'm in."

Steve was so relieved, "Oh, God."

Just a few seconds later the doors opened and out walked Erica. 

"Free ice cream, for life," She yelled to them. 

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

When they all got into the room, Steve opened up one of the boxes. Inside was an odd-looking metal container. He popped the lid open where air hissed out. Inside of that were two more lids with steam rising. 

"That's definitely not Chinese food," Steve commented.

He went to grab the lid when he said, "Uh, maybe you guys should, you know, stand back."

The girls rolled their eyes and stepped back.

"No," Dustin said.

"Just...just step back, okay?"

"No."

"Step back. Seriously."

"No! NO! If you die, I die."

There was silence. Steve just shrugged his shoulders and opened the thing. He pulled out a weird slime-green color substance, definitely some sort of chemical. 

"What the hell?" Steve asked.

"What is that?" Robin asked.

Just then the whole room moved. 

"Was that just me, or did the room move?" Dustin asked.

Erica whispered, "Booby traps."

Just then the sound of mechanics started to move.

"You know what? Let's just grab that and go," Jamie said and took the thing from Steve. 

Steve put the container back so it looked like no one took anything. Dustin went to the buttons and pressed the open one. No response. 

"Which one do I press, Erica?" He asked.

"Just press the damn button, nerd."

"I'm pressing the button, okay?"

"Press 'open door',"

"I'M PRESSING 'OPEN DOOR'!"

"JUST OPEN THE- PRESS THE OTHER BUTTON!" Steve yelled.

Steve started pressing every button but nothing happened. Everyone kept yelling at each other to move or press a different button. Just then a red door moved shut. The lights cut for a second then the whole room started moving and everyone started screaming. 

Steve looked to see that the walls were moving down like an elevator, "Oh, shit."

╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

A/N:

Hey guys! I really am trying my best to come out with a new chapter every day. It's difficult to balance writing this and all my other schoolwork. I may make uploads every other day just to relieve some stress. I hope you enjoyed it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

358K 7.3K 33
In which Billy's old friend from California moves to Hawkins I don't own any of the Stranger Things characters. I only own my original characters and...
406K 12.7K 26
❛ we told you this was melodrama. ❜ season two fem!oc x steve h. © -dedroses 2019.
136K 2.4K 62
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ 𝙄𝙉 𝙒𝙃𝙄𝘾𝙃 . . . the 007 escapes to a new world and befriends a strange group of teenagers who on...
177K 1.9K 4
"I told you, to stay in your own lane." In which, Steve and Billy weren't just in competition for the King of Hawkins status. Lenny Henderson was q...