𝐌𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐚𝐢 𝐓𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐡𝐚�...

By advikaaroraaa

𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟏 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐁𝐈𝐃𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 Nuisance is her middle name Perfection... More

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜
𝐃𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞
𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐭
Part:1
1. 𝐆𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐬𝐞
2. 𝐄𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐲
3. 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫
4. 𝐁𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞
5. 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞
6. 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐤
7. 𝐆𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠
8. 𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐭
9. 𝐓𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐓𝐚𝐭
10. 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬
11. 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐇𝐞𝐫
12. 𝐂𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐞
13. 𝐌𝐨𝐨𝐧
14. 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭
15. 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬
16. 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
17. 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧
18. 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞
𝟏𝟗- 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐭 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
20. THE TEMPTATION
21. My Safe Place
22. THE SANGEET
23. THE WEDDING
24. THE RECEPTION
25. THE GUST OF PAST
26. THE BROKEN HEARTS
27. THE VIDEO CALLS
Part-2
28. THE PORTRAITS
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS
29. THE BEACH
30. THE NEW ARRANGEMENTS
31. THE JEALOUSY
32. THE PAIN
33. THE LUST AND ANGER
34. THE REVELATIONS
35. The First Meet
36. THE FAMILY DINNER
37: THE WARNING
38. THE DESTRUCTION
39. HAPPY NEW YEAR
40- BACK TO INDIA
41. The family kalesh
42. The Chaotic Family
44- Who Are You?
Important Announcement
𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟑
𝟒𝟓- 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝟒𝟔- 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐈𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟒𝟕- 𝐄𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥
𝟒𝟖- 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐆𝐢𝐟𝐭
𝟒𝟗- 𝐏𝐢𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬
𝟓𝟎- 𝐃𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐌𝐞 𝐂𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲
𝟓𝟏- 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲'𝐬 𝐊𝐢𝐜𝐤
𝟓𝟐- 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞
𝟓𝟑-𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐭
𝟓𝟒- 𝐄𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝟓𝟓- 𝐀 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫
𝟓𝟔- 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫
𝟓𝟕- 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐦𝐞?
𝟓𝟖- 𝐑𝐮𝐡
𝟓𝟗- 𝐀 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐄𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲
𝟔𝟎. 𝐈𝐟 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞, 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞
𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝟐

43- The Attack

53.3K 4.5K 784
By advikaaroraaa

A major plot twist is going to start from here. Make sure to comment down your opinions.
Chapter- 44 WHO ARE YOU? Is available on ScrollStack, you can access it through the link in my conversation board.

**************************************

                             Aadya's POV

It's been one and a half weeks since I introduced Rian to my family as my boyfriend. In these past few days, everyone got the much needed chance to interact with him and get to know him better. Ekaksh bhai, Ariv bhai and bhabhi knew him from before and that was a good thing because that made mumma and papa be a little more liberal towards accepting him. Papa tested him in every way. He used to ask him weird questions which made no sense but still Rian answered them all with sincerity. Mumma and him became good friends who sometimes even forget about me.

Haha, what a life.

In short these past few days were wholesome. Even at Ika's place, Ravi uncle and Sudha aunty accepted Gio and according to the updates she gives me everyday, the situation at her place is exactly the same as mine. Papa and Ravi uncle have become comfortable around the boys and from what I heard in the morning, they have planned a cricket session on Sunday. I am glad they are finally getting along.

But there is something which has been bothering me for the past few days, a feeling in my heart, a feeling that something terrible is going to happen. I don't want to believe it but the feeling is not ready to go away. Last night I had a nightmare where Rian was leaving without me. I was running behind me but he did not stop. I don't want to remember it again but I can't avoid it.

"Aadya, tell him, we can also play cricket perfectly fine." Bhabhi shook me from the side which brought me back from my trance.

I looked around to see everyone's eyes on me. We were sitting in the living room, discussing the cricket game, when I zoned out.

"Ofc, I was a pro at Cricket when I was a kid." I said and flipped my hair in pride.

"Dropping a caught ball and not being able to hold the bat properly, which was heavier than your weight and taller than your size, was such a pro behaviour, penguin." Chooza commented with a sarcastic smile.

I picked up a fistful of popcorn and threw it at him. How can he insult his sister in front of everyone? Also, I was good at cricket. He is just being mean. Let's not listen to him.

"I was a pro. Don't try to be oversmart, Chooze. You purposefully used to give me the bigger bat because you didn't want me to beat you." I huffed out angrily.

"Whatever lets you sleep at night, penguin." He mocked me and emphasised the word penguin.

"You know what, we will also play with you guys on Sunday. Fir dekhte hai kisme kitna hai dam." I announced and Manisha bhabhi and Ika came in support of my decision.

(Then we will see who is better.)

"Calm down, Dove. Who cares if you were or weren't a pro, for me you will always be the best in everything. Also, I don't know how to play the game, so you can always teach me." Rian pinched my cheeks and smiled at me.

"Hehe, don't worry babe, you have got yourself the best teacher." I giggled and covered my mouth.

"Awwwwww." Bhabhi and Ika awed at us while the guys cringed.

"What was so awe about this? Also, she has a name, stop calling her Dove and all." Ekaksh bhai made a bad face at us and said.

"Stop it, Aksh. Don't you see how cute they look together." Bhabhi responded to him and hit his elbow to which Bhai smiled at her and then glared back at Rian.

"It's okay, Manisha. I can understand. He got a better brother-in-law than he expected or deserved, that's why he can't take it in. Not your fault, brother." Rian threw a comment at bhai and folded his legs on one another and leaned on the sofa backwards.

"Huh, sure. Also, what's with you staying here? Hotel room book karne ke paise khatam ho gye to main de deta hun, idhar yeh mera ghar hai tumhara nani ghar nhi ki jab dil chaha muh utha ke aa gye." Bhai taunted him but I don't think Rian understood anything.

(If you don't have the money to book a hotel room, lemme do it for you. This is my house, not your grandma's home where you can come and stay anytime you want.)

"Bhai, that is rude. Please, stop." I responded before Rian could say a word. This was not fair to him. Bhai is being mean for no reason.

"Exactly, Aksh. You cannot say something like that. Apologies." Bhabhi said in a no nonsense tone and bhai looked at her softly.

"I am sorry." He apologised to Rian and then looked back at bhabhi with soft eyes.

"Well, I didn't understand a thing you said so I was not offended anyways, but being the great man I am, I forgive you, Ekaksh." Rian said and all of us chuckled.

We talked for some more time and then left for our rooms because it was almost midnight. I wished everyone and entered my room. Before I could close the door, a hand stopped it. I looked up to find Rian standing out. I immediately pulled him in and kissed him. It's been days since we spent some time together, alone because the guest room he was staying in is on the opposite side of my room. So, meeting on the balcony was also not an option for us.

He pinned me against the door softly and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and tangled my fingers in his hair. The feeling of having him this close to myself after so long felt so good. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me up. My legs curled around his torso and our lips stayed connected, working on their own. The kiss wasn't furious or intense. It was soft and passionate. This kiss was full of longing. It was more of a need than a want for both of us.

I finally broke the kiss at loss of air and looked in his eyes which held the same emotions as mine. Emotions of love, wait and relief. I pulled him in a hug and rested my chin on his shoulders. We stayed silently in that position for some time.

"Finally, I am home." Rian broke the silence and a smile immediately appeared on my lips.

I looked into his eyes and kissed them. I kissed his nose, his cheek, his forehead, his lips, his ears, his neck and his entire face. I can't help myself after staying away from him for this long.

"Finally, my home is here." I said, looking in his eyes.

"You missed me this much?" Rian asked me as he caressed my hair.

"You can't even imagine, I was desperate." I replied, trying to drink in every feature of his face.

"Is something wrong, baby?" He asked me with worry in his eyes. How can he read me so easily?

"Nothing much. I am having some negative thoughts in my heart. I have not been able to sleep for the past few days because of nightmares......." I tried to control my tears, "Rian, everything will be alright, na?" I asked him slowly.

"You trust me, Dove?"

"More than I thought I am capable of."

"Then trust me, everything will be alright. Nothing can go wrong when you are by my side." He whispered and caressed my cheek and hair.

"Let's go to sleep." Rian spoke and carried me to the bed. He laid me down and joined my side.

I cuddled into him, finding comfort in his arms.

"Rian."
"Yes, Dove."

"You won't leave me alone, will you?" I asked, playing with the hem of his t shirt.

"Can a body survive without its heart? Can a body live without its soul?" He asked in return.

"No."

"So, how can you even imagine that I can leave you and then live without you? The only thing that can pull us apart will be death." His words gave some peace to my restless heart.

Even though the words are coming from his heart, they are not reaching mine.

"You sure you won't leave me, na?"

"If I do, I give you the right to come in front of me, slap me and put some sense in my foolish brain for leaving you." As soon as he said that a sad chuckle left my mouth.

"Let's hope the day never comes."

"Trust me, it won't."

I snuggled into him closer and he held me near his chest. We did not speak much but it seemed like today, words were not even necessary. His touch, smell, warmth and his entire presence made me feel at rest. We slept in each other's embrace and spent the night together. There were no nightmares tonight, it was complete peace and warmth.

:・゚:.˚。・゚:.:

"I am telling you, let's get their Roka done. Adrian's parents are also coming today. We can talk to them about this and finalise it." Mumma suggested when papa was being amandant to not get me married so soon.

"But it's too soon." Papa replied to her.

"I am not asking you to get them married but Roka sounds good." She persisted and he sighed before looking at us.

"What do you guys want?" Papa asked us patiently.

I looked at Rian who looked back at me with a smile.

"Anything she wants, I want." He said, looking at me which got my cheeks to turn scarlet.

"Roka doesn't sound like a bad idea to me." I replied to papa who smiled at us.

"But what exactly is Roka about?" Rian asked us out of curiosity.

"It's a function to celebrate the union of two families. Both families meet and exchange gifts with each other's and then later on the relationship is made known to the relatives and friends. It's just a celebration, more like an engagement ceremony." I told him what I knew and after that mumma added a few extra information she knew of.

Rian nodded and agreed happily. After breakfast, Rian along with Ariv and Ekaksh bhai went to the airport to fetch his parents. Meanwhile, Bhabhi and I went to choose my dress for the Roka. I called Ika to tell about this and Sudha aunty also agreed to get Ika's Roka done. They will be coming over in the evening. After two hours, the boys came back with Rian's parents and Amelia.

"Oh my god, I am so happy to meet you again, Aadya." Mrs Williams expressed and hugged me.

"It's so nice to meet you too, Mrs Williams." I hugged her back with a smile.

"Oh cut out the formalities now, sweetheart. Call me mom like Adrian and Amelia does."

Words fell less to express what I felt by her one statement. I didn't expect that response from her but it felt like I needed it.

"I am so excited for you two. Oh my lord, please get married fast." Amelia squealed happily which got a chuckle out of everyone.

"It's been long, Amy. How are you?" Bhabhi asked her, giving her a hug.

"Oh, I have been perfectly fine. I missed you all so much." She replied and greeted the others too.

Ekaksh bhai and bhabhi has spent a lot of time with the Williams when they were in New York and that's why they are very comfortable around each other.

"So, Amelia, are you seeing someone?" Ariv bhai asked her but his gaze was fixed at Rian.

Oh, my brothers, don't start again.

"Please, let's not even talk about that. Last time I mentioned a guy, your friend and his father started planning the poor guy's funeral. I guess I will stay single all my life." She sighed and I remembered the day and how Adrian and Mr Williams were so against the idea of Amelia dating someone.

"Really?" Bhai smirked and looked at Rian with a raised brow.

At this point even Rian knew what was coming his way.

"I guess we should plan your brother's funeral too." Ekaksh bhai threw a comment in the conversation.

"You have my full support." Amelia announced and went to stand beside both my brother's.

They were having so much fun in teasing my baby. Insensitive people.

"Bhabhi, you know what, I think it's been long since you made bhai sleep on the couch of your room. What do you think about tonight?" I asked bhabhi who smirked at me and then looked at Ekaksh bhai.

My eyes moved towards him and saw all the colour drain away from his face. His smirk was gone and it was our time to smirk now.

"Tonight sounds like a good idea. I can have the bed, all to myself and someone can sleep on the couch." She said and bhai immediately ran towards her.

"Isha, I did not say anything. Please, don't do that."

"I heard you, Aksh. You can take the couch tonight."

Both of them had a banter before leaving for their room. After that Ariv bhai showed Mr and Mrs Williams one of the guest room and I took Amelia to my room. Everyone freshened up and then gathered together in the living room, in the evening. We discussed about the Roka and his parents agreed almost immediately.

Everything is happening so perfectly and still the negative feeling is not going away. It feels as if something will snap and everything will fall apart any moment now. Everyone is so happy. Rian, Mumma, Papa, Bhai, Bhabhi, Amelia, Mr and Mrs Williams, all of them are joyed and looking forward to the Roka. Mumma called panditji immediately and made him finalise a date for the Roka. And by god's grace tomorrow is a perfect date.

It's too suspicious to be true.

It's too suspicious how everything is just falling perfectly in our plates.

Maybe god finally wants me to be happy after all I have gone through. Yes, that's what's happening. Don't think negative, Aadya. Everything is and will be alright.

:・゚:.˚。・゚:.:

                         Adrian's POV

What is this feeling? It's weird. Something feels off. It's like the universe is trying to tell me something which I am not able to understand at all. Today is the Roka and after that everyone will go for some shopping for the official engagement ceremony. It's a good thing, isn't it? Then why does it not feel good.

That night Aadya was also talking about the negative feeling she is having. It's like everything is happening perfectly but the signs are telling otherwise.

I shake my head and walk out of my room after looking at myself in the mirror for the last time. Ekaksh was waiting for me outside along with Ariv and Gio.

"You took so long dressing up as if it is your wedding and not Roka." Ariv commented, looking at me from top to bottom.

"You see, my love is going to see me in these traditional clothes for the first time, so I have got to look my best." I winked at him who just snickered.

"You look good. Now, let's go or else we will be late." Ekaksh's dry compliment got a chuckle out of me.

We made our way downstairs, in the living room, where everyone was gathered. It was decorated in the shades of pastel pink and white. I greeted Mr and Mrs Sharma who looked very happy to see me. They made me sit on the sofa which was in the middle and brought some plates with sweets in one, a red powder, curd and some rice in the other.

I talked to my parents for some time who were overwhelmed and happy about all this. They spend time with the Sharmas and learn about how things are done in their culture while uncle and aunt also ask mom and dad about the rituals which will happen according to the Catholic style. We have decided to get married in both our cultures. Amelia is getting along with everyone really well and I am glad because she does not always like new people. Everyone was waiting for Aadya to come downstairs so that the functions could start.

"There she is." Mrs Sharma announced and all of us looked at the staircase.

I moved my eyes towards the stairs and they stuck there when her beautiful sight came into view. She descended down the stairs in a white embroidered lehenga. Her hair, parted in the middle, moved a little due to the wind, covering her beautiful face. She tucked them behind her ears and looked up to meet my eyes. Her brows lifted in question, as if asking me how she looked and I could do nothing but gaze at her gorgeous self. If I could, I would have taken a hold of her hand and took her with me to get married, right at this instant. The day I get married to her will be the luckiest day of my life, the day which will make me the luckiest man in the world, the wealthiest man who has everything one can ask for.

I didn't realise when she reached near me but I am not complaining. She greeted everyone and took a seat beside me.

"How do I look?" Dove whispered slowly and asked me.

"Just like a dream. A dream which I never want to end." The words left my mouth before I could even process. It was true though. She looked mystical, just like a dream.

"You are so poetic. By any chance, were you a poet in your past life?" She whispered again.

"I can be anything you want me to be. Doesn't matter who I was in my past life."

A smile brightened her already glowing face and she stared at me with her twinkling eyes. I wish I could pause the time and live in this moment forever. It feels as if this is all I have to keep with myself.

"You are compelling me to become a poet for you too. My eyes can't seem to handle your beauty in them and words seem to have fallen less to describe you. Are you sure you have not done any black magic?" She complimented me with a hint of tease in the words.

"And yet again you confused my charm with black magic." That got a chuckle out of her, making my heart laugh.

Soon, the ceremony started and the Roka was done. Our families exchanged gifts while I made her wear the ring again. The memory of that night hit both of us and I saw her cheeks turning crimson. After the Roka was done, we took an hour break before leaving for the market. The official engagement ceremony was meant to take place on the coming Thursday, so everyone decided to do some shopping for it.

:・゚:.˚。・゚:.:

                       Author's POV

The entire family of the to-be bride and groom were out shopping. They visited the malls and got dresses for themselves and each other. After that they went to an Italian restaurant to eat something. The families got to know each other better and were very happy that their children found each other and fell in love. They couldn't be more happy. Finally, they left for the local market to get some necessary items for the function. The elders were at one side of the market while the youngsters were roaming around on the other side.

Suddenly, a gunshot was heard and birds flew in flocks. Everyone got alert and looked around for the source of the gunshot. One after another heavy firing started in the area. Goons in black masks and black clothes filled the market. Ekaksh immediately called his guards who informed them that they would be there in five minutes. Everyone started hiding to save their lives. Ekaksh held Manisha's hand and ran to one side. Ariv saw Amelia standing alone, so he helped her hide while Adrian protected Aadya.

They were running to hide behind a shop when suddenly one of the goons stood in front of them. He pointed his gun towards them.

"Aye, kaha jaa rhe dono? Chalo rokda nikal jaldi se." He shouted at them. Fear was clearly visible in Aadya's eyes while Adrian was angry beyond a point.

(Where are you two going? Come on, take out your money.)

"What do you want?" Adrian asked him, trying to control his anger.

"Angrezi bolta hai angrez ki aulaad. Ruk saale." The goon spoke with frustration.

(You are blabbering in English, son of an englishman.)

He moved his finger towards the trigger and pointed it at Aadya. Ekaksh and Ariv came out from two sides and hit the goon on his head. They snatched the gun from his hand and shot him in his leg. Everyone in the market was running here and there while the other goons were shooting random people. The men tried to protect the women and get them out of the situation when suddenly a gunshot was heard and Aadya screamed. The bullet was pointed towards her but she kept standing straight, without any injuries. Ekaksh ran towards her and looked at her with concern.

"What happened, princess? Are you alright?"

"Bh- bhai." She whispered and pointed towards the ground where an injured Adrian was lying, with heavy blood flowing from his head and stomach.

*************************************
The third part of the book will start soon. Comment down your opinions and what do you think will happen later on 💖

Follow me on instagram for reels, spoilers, and announcements.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 13K 14
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐨 "𝐑𝐞𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐝" 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 �...
26K 1K 41
𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚 I'd sworn off of love and men after the fiasco that was my last relationship. Until I spent one steamy and passionate night with a dark...
755K 22.7K 40
• BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES • • COMPLETED • • STANDALONE • ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...
50.6K 3K 36
𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐇𝐈 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐖𝐀𝐋♡ Bow to the Queen Before Speaking ~ A Beauty with Brain, Sassy Attitude with a Kind & Unique Personality. At just the age...