The Forgotten Paladin

By ARazzleDazzle

Y/N has been trapped inside a cell her entire life, once she escapes she starts her search for for her family... More

Prologue: I'm free?
Chapter 1: An unexpected meeting
Chapter 2: an abyss of red
Chapter 3: Who are you?
Chapter 4: Understanding
Chapter 5: Visions
Chapter 6: Betrayals
Chapter 7: Liberation and Lost memories
Chapter 8: Prisoners no longer
Chapter 9: Part of the team
Chapter 10: Unveiled secrets
Chapter 11: Corruption, mind and castle
Chapter 12: A second goodbye
Chapter 13: Crossroads
Chapter 14: Secrets unkept
Chapter 15: An old nightmare
Chapter 16: Dark secrets
Chapter 18: Flood gates
Chapter 19: A new foe, or friend?
Chapter 20: Quick goodbye
Chapter 21: Grief
Chapter 22: an awakening
Chapter 23: An awakening part 2
Chapter 24: Trapped
Chapter 25: Mistrust
Chapter 26: The lost are found
Chapter 27: Provoking Danger
Chapter 28: The truth resolved
Chapter 29: An intermission
Chapter 30: Space pirates
Chapter 31: The blade of Marmora
Chapter 32: Trials of Marmora
Chapter 33: Ultimate Plan
Chapter 34: Near Escape
Chapter 35: Best laid Plans
Chapter 36: Best laid plans 2
Chapter 37: Black Out
Chapter 38: Lost and Found
Chapter 39: Conflictions
Chapter 40: New foes
Chapter 41: Disorder
Chapter 42: A new encounter
Chapter 43: A glimpse of the past
Chapter 44: A haunted reunion
Chapter 45: Lost ends meet
Chapter 46: Tailing a Comet
Chapter 47: The Legend Begins
Chapter 48: Code of Honor
Chapter 49: Farewells
Chapter 50: Uncovered Truths
Chapter 51: Merging
Chapter 52: Begin the Blitz
Chapter 53: Thunderstorm
Chapter 54: Old Conversations
Chapter 55: A calling
Chapter 56: A tyrants end
Chapter 57: Unsettling Feelings
Chapter 58: Kral Zera
Chapter 59: Bloodlines
Chapter 60: Razor's Edge
Chapter 61: New findings
Chapter 62: Fearful Vengeance
Chapter 63: Cosmic chase
Chapter 64: A new lion

Chapter 17: The black Paladin

79 1 0
By ARazzleDazzle

Y/N: " Zarkon, this ends now..."

ZARKON: "Indeed it does. For you."

He raises his sword higher and I barely dodge its mighty cut before it clangs to the ground.

CORAN: "Y/N! Get out of here now! Shiro we need you now!"

SHIRO: "I'm on my way, just hold on!"

I grab my sword from the sheet and I charge forward dodging falling debris.

Y/N: "You are a monster! You've taken so many lives!"

ZARKON: "Have you not done the same?"

I scream and run forward plunging my sword towards him, he fights back with his sword. Sparks fly as our swords crash together.

ZARKON: "You can never defeat me, Soon enough Voltron will be mine."

Y/N: "I won't let that happen."

His sword breaks mine in half and I see scarlet, burning blood seethe from my arm. I groan in agony as I barely dodge another slash.

SHIRO: "Y/N I'm coming to get you!"

Y/N: "It's not over yet Zarkon, I won't stop until you've paid for what you did."

Before I know it I'm taken by the black lion along with Keith in his lion.

I watch as his menacing silhouette fades through a wormhole.

ALLURA: "alright paladins, time to get out of here"

HUNK: "hello? What's going on? I don't see a wormhole!"

CORAN: "The galra barrier is blocking our ability to make one! They have us completely surrounded!"

Suddenly, the barrier goes down, we stare in shock.

PIDGE: "what just happened?"

HUNK: "Who cares? Wormhole!"

We begin to move through the wormhole but a magical beam of power cuts through the portal and it turns an evil purple colour.

SHIRO: "Coran, what's happening?"

CORAN: "The integrity of the wormhole has been compromised, it's breaking down!"

LANCE: "What does that mean?"

CORAN: " It means we have no control over where we're headed!"

Everyone is sent flying out of the castle of lions, we break out of the wormhole, shattering the sides of it.

My side is still seething in pain but I stumble through to the cockpit where Shiro is desperately trying to control the lion.

Y/N: "What's happening Shiro?"

SHIRO: "I've lost control of my lion, we're plummeting through space!"

Y/N: "wait there's a planet up ahead, but we're not slowing down..."

SHIRO: "Y/N hold onto something!"

I grab his chair and cling to it as we crash into the hard surface.

We're completely stranded on an unknown planet. 

Y/N: "Shiro, are you okay?"

SHIRO: "Yeah, takes more that falling out of a corrupted wormhole to kill me." He groans as he forces the words from his mouth. 

Y/N: "Shiro what happened? You're injured!"

SHIRO: "It's nothing, come on let's go to higher ground."
Y/N: "Wait a second." I am hesitant to unravel my bandages but I know he needs them more than covering my arms. I begin to take them off, I hand them to him. "Take these, wrap your wound or it will only get worse."

SHIRO: "Thanks Y/N." I see him look at my arms but he doesn't ask. 

Y/N: "Shiro."

SHIRO: "Yeah?"
Y/N: "I can see why Keith looks up to you, you're a great leader, and... a great friend."

SHIRO: "I wish I was a better leader, I feel like I'm failing you all, I mean, look at us, we're stuck on a random planet with no hopes of rescue. And I let you and Keith almost get yourselves killed."

Y/N: "Shiro, if it wasn't for you Keith would still be sitting alone in his shack and I would probably be dead. Or worse."

SHIRO: "How do you know about Keith's home?"

Y/N: "I don't think we should be worrying about that right now, more about that."

I point at his wound, he gives me a weak smile. 

Y/N: "Come on, it's time to find Keith."

Shiro holds the chair for support and we haul ourselves out of the black lion. 

SHIRO: "Keith, are you there? Keith? We've got to get to higher ground."

We begin climbing up a sandy slope, everything around us is dead or dying, the air whispers tales of pain and baron lands. Every footstep echoes around us, every small sound makes us jump. The intercom goes static, Shiro groans as we take more steps.

KEITH: (breaking up) "Shiro, are you there? Answer me!"

SHIRO: "Keith, I'm here. Keith." he groans again, clutching his side in agony. 

KEITH: "shiro, it's keith."

SHIRO: "Keith. Keith I'm here. I'm okay."

KEITH: "You made it."

SHIRO: "It takes more than a glowing alien wounds, a fall from the upper atmosphere and crashing into a hard pan surface, at what I'm guessing is about 25 metres per second squared, to get rid of me. How are you?"

KEITH: "Not good, my lion's busted, wait, what wound?"

SHIRO: "It's nothing."

KEITH: "Hang on, I'm coming." 

Growling sounds start echoing around us, snarls prick the back of our ears.

SHIRO: "On second thought, you'd better hurry." 

Y/N: "What are those things?"

SHIRO: "I don't know but it looks like trouble to me. Wait, what happened to your intercom?"

Y/N: "It uhhh it got fried while I saved the castle of lions from fully falling apart. You're welcome by the way, I totally saved all of your asses."

SHIRO: "I'm going to ask about that later, but now doesn't seem like a good time to have a talk."

The ground begins to shake beneath me and I plummet down the side of the sandy hill. I ground as my open wound stings.

SHIRO: "Y/N! Are you okay?" He slides down the side to help me up.

Y/N: "Yeah, I'm fine, but i think we should be more worried about that situation."

Growling, scarred creatures edged closer, every scrape of their claws on the ground etching horrifying images in my brain.

KEITH: "Shiro what happened?" 

SHIRO: "There's several creatures."

We edge from the menacing creatures but we don't have anywhere to run to, I watch as Shiro clings to his side with one hand and his robotic arm lights up in preparation. One of the creatures lunges towards me and I jump, it's head crashing into the rocky surface. Shiro ducks into a cave.

SHIRO: "Y/N, come on! Over here!"

I start to run past the gnashing creatures, suddenly rocks fall down in front of the cave and I'm trapped on the outside. Alone. 

Y/N: "You might want to tell Keith to hurry it up."

KEITH: "Minor delay, but I'm on my way. How are you?" Shiro looks through the crack in the cave and sees me shaking my head, I back away slowly from the creatures and try to give Shiro a reassuring look. 

SHIRO: "I'm all right, but I'm trapped in a cave and some nasty- looking creatures have me cornered." He got my hint, good.

KEITH: "Stay put, I'm on my way, I just have to figure this out."

Some of the gnashing creatures bash against the wall of the cave in frustration but the others keep their yellow, piercing eyes on me, blood thirsty looks written over their faces. 

Y/N: "You want me? Come and get me!" I start running in the opposite direction of the cave, now all of the monsters have run after me. "Shiro, now's your chance! Dig your way out!"

SHIRO: "Y/N, whatever you're doing stop! They'll kill you!"

Y/N: "Not necessarily." I think back to the glowing bolts of lighting shooting from my hands, I think of how much energy I lost. 

I watch as the monsters surround me. 

Y/N: "Guess it's show time." Shiro is still pre occupied inside the cave so he shouldn't see. 

I let the feeling envelop me, rushing through every fibre of my being. A large bolt of red, glowing lightning strikes from the sky, not killing them but enough to blind them for long enough. I run to the cave and begin digging Shiro out.

SHIRO: "What happened? I heard a bang." I help him out and he clutches his side in agony again. 

Y/N: "No time for questions, we need to get-" 

A monster grabs me from behind and throws me down to the rocky ground. 

SHIRO: "Y/N!"

KEITH: "What's happening over there shiro, I heard a loud sound. Are you okay?"

SHIRO: "You better hurry, we're- AHH!" a monster hurls him across the ground. Now both of us are surrounded. 

KEITH: "What do you mean we- Shiro? Shiro!"

The blood thirsty creatures gnash their broken teeth, circling us like some kind of game. 

Y/N: "What do we do?"

SHIRO: "What we can, fight."

His arm light up and I grab my dagger from my pocket, one monster lurches towards Shiro and I see the agony in him, I step in front, shoving my dagger into its scaled neck. 

Y/N: "I've got your back Shiro." 

SHIRO: "And I've got yours." 

We quickly run out of energy as more monsters start attacking. 

We hear a growl echo through the chasm, wind blowing what was remaining of the bandage on my other arm completely off. 

KEITH: "Patience yields focus." The black lion takes the monsters out in one swoop of its claw. 

I nearly cried in relief. I grab Shiro's arm as he begins wobbling in pain.

Y/N: "Hold on just a little longer, Shiro."

SHIRO: "Thanks for saving me. Both of you."

KEITH: "You'd have done the same for me. How's your wound?"

SHIRO: "My wounds great. It's getting bigger all the time. Just trying to lighten the mood."

KEITH: "Hang in there. When Allura and Coran find us, they'll fix you right up."

SHIRO: "If I don't make it out of here, I want you to lead Voltron."

KEITH: "Stop talking like that. You're going to make it. Huh?"

The green lion flies through a worm hole, we're saved. The relief almost makes me faint, but I hold everything together for now.

PIDGE: "I heard you guys needed a ride."

SHIRO: You have no idea."

This one was a litttttle long, but I hope you enjoy it! I managed to get my friends into voltron, I'm so proud : ')

Have a great day! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.5K 780 17
Keith is under the impression he's not wanted, so it only makes sense to him that, should the situation arise, he would be the better candidate for b...
53 0 29
Set 15 or 20 years after the end of Voltron: Legendary Defender, this story follows what happens when the lions return to Earth and choose new Paladi...
7.7K 289 12
Everyone got use to being heros as voltron and living in space, everyone has a reason to keep fighting and everyone has a pass or a secret they hope...