My Father's Wife (GXG)

By shelovesali

When Rhaenyra's mother passed away after attempting to give birth to a son for the king, her father decided t... More

My Father's Wife
CHARACTERS PRESENT
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
My Father's Wife Trailer
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56

Chapter 6

491 18 1
By shelovesali

"Good morning, princess." The maids bow down as the princess walk past them after giving them a only a single nod while rushing her way up the castle.

She rushed her way through the halls directing her to the king's throne. Once the guards had seen her they automatically opened the door, revealing the first thing to see is her father sitting on the throne with his hand, Julius standing right before him to the side and beside him is Caspain.

They all look towards the furious Rhaenyra who stopped walking before her father who has this frown on his face, concerning to see his daughter in such a mood.

Julius spoke, "Princess Rhaenyr-"

"What were you thinking?" She raised her voice towards the king that shocked the three of the men inside the throne room. She had just found out about the king's sudden decision by the gossip she had hope was only just a rumor outside the castle and by the question of her friend Dorcas who she left immediately after hearing the news.

"Remarrying? As if my mother hadn't just died 5 days ago?" She spoke furiously.

"It is necessary, Rhaenyra." The king said.

"Necessary? Have you got no shame? A little bit of grieving and respect for my mother, your wife is too much to ask for?" She leaned her chin down and her head back a bit as a look of offense is plastered on her face.

"You will speak such no disrespect to the king, young lady." Says the hand of the king. Rhaenyra ignored him and did not remove her eyes away from her father.

"Grieving will do nothing, I must move quickly for the safety of the kingdom." King Viserys replied.

Rhaenyra let out a sigh of disbelief, "And who might you be remarrying?" She bit her lip in as she waited impatiently for her father's answer. The king opened his mouth, but for a second, nothing came out as he stared at his daughter.

"The lady Alicent Hightower. Daughter of Otto Hightower." He answered.

Rhaenyra's lips parted and her eyes widened in surprise, this expression was quickly covered with rage and furious, "My mother's young friend?"

The king did not respond.

"Is this a joke?" She glanced at Julius who only looked at her blankly.

The princess clenched her jaw and slowly nod her head before looking back to her father as the realization came in that this is really his decision and it can never be changed.

"Alicent is old enough to be wed, she is 27 now. Her late husband died so I do not see why I cannot remarry the lady." The king informed.

She gave him a disappointed stare for a long time before speaking sternly, "You go remarry that woman who my mother trusted and who used to carry me way back when I was ten.. but I will never accept her as a person she'll become."

With that, she turned her back, ready to walk towards the exit.

"Where are you going?" The king asked

"Anywhere. I need to be somewhere else other than this place that's suffocating me." She replied without looking back as she continued to walk, the guards has already opened the door for her.

"The lady Alicent will be here soon, Rhaenyra. You must come!"

She did not reply as she exited the room rushingly.

Once the princess is out the room, The king's hand spoke after they all watched Rhaenyra leave, "You should keep an eye on the princess, your grace."

The king whipped his head towards Julius' direction with a frown, "What are you talking about?" His face looks offended.

"Forgive me but I see anger and hatred in your daughter's eyes.. wouldn't she.." He paused for a moment, "Rebel?"

"Rhaenyra is nothing but a rebel, Julius. Keep your mouth shut before I get you out of this room." He hissed and leaned back on his chair while breathing heavily.

Julius bowed and apologized before glancing at his son, Caspain.

Outside the castle, there is Rhaenyra in her dragon riding suit along with the other knight guards behind her as they're to approach the dragonpit. Rhaenyra's face stayed the same with the pain, anger, and hatred about the situation and towards the king. As she thinks about it she tries to prevent a tear from falling out from her eyes.

"Rhaenyra?" A voice called out from behind making the princess turn around to the familiar voice.

"Dorcas? What are you doing here?" She halt as she turns to face the blonde behind her who's rushing her way towards the silver head.

"I ran as soon as I heard you were to ride Syrax." The blonde panted, holding onto the sides of her dress. "What happened? Where are you going?" She looks at her friend in concern.

Rhaenyra stared at her for a good second before forcing a small sigh, "I'm only to clear my head. Dress nicely later in the evening as I'm to invite you to a dinner along with the lady Alicent Hightower."

Dorcas frowned, "Wasn't she your mother's young friend? Isn't she a bit late for the funeral? I mean, it isn't that a long travel to take for almost a week but-"

"She'll be the new queen of the Seven Kingdoms." Rhaenyra blurted. "My.." She paused, "Father will marry her."

Dorcas froze, her eyes widened at the realization. "She used to hold you back when you were a kid." She leaned in to Rhaenyra as she speaks in a hushed tone.

"I know." She gave her friend a look with no expression on her face that seemed to disturb Dorcas.

"Doesn't it bother you, Nyra?" She placed a hand on her friend's arm.

"It does.." She paused, "In every. way. as possible." She emphasized each word as she forced a harsh smile on her face. She inhaled sharply before licking her lips and looking down, "Listen."

She looks up once again to meet her friend's eyes, "I'll only be gone for a few days but I-"

"What? But the dinner later in the evening?" Dorcas interrupted as the princess was cut mid sentence, her lips stayed parted as she was about to speak the next words.

"I won't go." She mumbled.

"You won't go?"

The princess nodded, "But without you I have no reason to be there, Nyra." Dorcas said.

Rhaenyra sighed, "Please go, I know you would like to eat such fine dishes."

Dorcas shook her head, "Those such fine dishes would mean nothing if you're not there. Who am I to talk to? It would be unwieldy and uncomfortable to me. I will just lose my appetite."

Rhaenyra stared at her as if thinking for a moment, "Dorcas." She sighs, "I really can't face them yet."

"But I'll be with you, remember? Just don't make eye contact with the king and the soon to be queen and you will be fine." Dorcas grabs both hands of the princess

"I'll be with you, Rhaenyra. Please reconsider. I will wait until later in the evening for you.. but if you do not make an appearance-" She slowly let go of Rhaenyra's hands and sighed, "Then I'm afraid it would make me feel saddened and upset."

Rhaenyra frowns in worry, "Dorcas, sister-" She tries to utter a word but finds it difficult to say something to her dear friend. She sighed desperately, "I..It really is hard for me so please understand if I wouldn't be able to make it."

Dorcas only nodded in understanding but still upset at the possibility that her friend might not come.

Rhaenyra grabbed her friend's hands once again and searched for her eyes, "Do not be upset with me. I just.. it's still really hard for me."

Dorcas only forced a smile that didn't reach her eyes, "I understand..princess."

The silver haired girl looked offended at the sudden use of her title but she ignored it and nod, letting go of her friend's hand. "I will see you soon, dear friend." She backs away slowly

Dorcas bent her knees a bit, not making eye contact, "Safe travels, princess."

Rhaenyra's face screams pain but her pain and anger towards her father stands on top. She slowly turned around after giving Dorcas a one last glance before she and the knight guards continue their way towards the dragonpit.

ANFTA

Here comes the lady Alicent!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

654K 21.8K 101
Rosalie Hightower is Lord Otto Hightower youngest daughter, his pride and joy, she was the only one who could understand him and his ambitions but l...
298K 13.3K 77
Ara Targaryen would have been labeled a bastard if it wasnt for her twin brother Daeron. Eyes as green as the forest and hair dark like her mothers...
292K 11.2K 48
Enemies to lovers. OOC Rhaenyra ⚠️this was my first hotd fic so keep in mind some canon/universe details may be wrong and characters may act ooc bec...
349K 11.8K 101
Enemies to Lovers. 𝗔𝗘𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗚𝗔𝗥𝗬𝗘𝗡 𝗙𝗔𝗡𝗙𝗜𝗖𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 ...and she wondered, did they go from lovers to enemies or from enemies to lo...