The Love Diary

By Just_abit_Bookish

This year I'm choosing to love. Myself. Life. Someone new. Come along on the ride... More

Monday 1st January
Tuesday 2nd January
Wednesday 3rd January
Thursday 4th January
Friday 5th January
Saturday 6th January
Sunday 7th January
Monday 8th January
Tuesday 9th January
Wednesday 10th January
Thursday 11th January
Friday 12th January
Saturday 13th January
Sunday 14th January
Monday 15th January
Tuesday 16th January
Wednesday 17th January
Thursday 18th January
Friday 19th January
Saturday 20th January
Sunday 21st January
Monday 22nd January
Tuesday 23rd January
Wednesday 24th January
Thursday 25th January
Friday 26th January
Saturday 27th January
Sunday 28th January
Monday 29th January
Tuesday 30th January
Wednesday 31st January
Thursday 1st February
Friday 2nd January
Saturday 3rd February
Sunday 4th February
Monday 5th February
Tuesday 6th February
Wednesday 7th February
Thursday 8th February
Saturday 10th February
Sunday 11th February
Monday 12th February
Tuesday 13th February
Wednesday 14th February
Thursday 15th February
Friday 16th February
Saturday 17th February
Sunday 18th February
Monday 19th February
Tuesday 20th February
Wednesday 21st February
Thursday 22nd February
Friday 23rd February
Saturday 24th February
Sunday 25th February
Monday 26th February
Tuesday 27th February
Wednesday 28th February
Thursday 29th February
Friday 1st March
Saturday 2nd March
Sunday 3rd March
Monday 4th March
Tuesday 5th March
Wednesday 6th March
Thursday 7th March
Friday 8th March
Saturday 9th March
Sunday 10th March
Monday 11th March
Tuesday 12th March
Wednesday 13th March
Thursday 14th March
Friday 15th March
Saturday 16th March
Sunday 17th March
Monday 18th March
Tuesday 19th March
Wednesday 20th March
Thursday 21st March
Friday 22nd March
Saturday 23rd March
Sunday 24th March
Monday 25th March
Tuesday 26th March
Wednesday 27th March
Thursday 28th March
Friday 29th March

Friday 9th February

0 0 0
By Just_abit_Bookish

I woke up to a text from James. He must have finished his night shift late because he text me he was going to get some sleep, 10 minutes before my alarm went off.

I went downstairs and popped some bread in the toaster and fed the boys. I spread the butter across the toast and dolloped some jam into the centre of both.

I settled onto the sofa and put the TV on. People have always called me crazy for getting up an extra half an hour early to have breakfast and just relax a little before getting ready for the day.

This doesn't tend to happen as much anymore because I now get up much earlier for work. But when I work from home, I can actually fit this in.

I put my plate on the coffee table and smiled at the boys laying in the floor nearby.

I took the boys out on my lunch break. It was grey and cold, but the rain seemed to be holding off and so we took a nice stroll around the town. Duke decided today in the walk that every leaf, every bin and every post was the most interesting thing he's ever encountered. Chester sniffed and moved in, Duke was trying to push his nose through everything.

I closed my laptop and was tidying up when there was a knock at the door. The boys echoed it, running towards the door, tails wagging.

I opened the door to see a bunch of flowers. Which then moved to reveal James standing there smiling at me.

“Alice… I've bloody missed you.” He flashed his teeth in a large grin and then grabbed me round the waist with one arm and spun me around.

I squealed and laughed.

“These are for you.” He hands me the flowers and then bends down to pick up a bag I hadn't noticed. “And I brought something special for dinner.”

“Oooo” I said while trying to peep into the bag. He pulled it closer to him.

“It's a surprise.” We went in and James went straight into the kitchen.

I followed behind and found out my vase and set about putting the flowers in.

“So am I allowed to help you cook or…” I said, turning to look over at him. He spun around and walked towards me, taking me by my shoulders. He walked me back into the living room, gently encouraged me to sit on the sofa and he handed me my book from the coffee table.

“I will let you know when dinner is done.” He went to walk away but turned back. Then he put one knee on the sofa and one hand on the back of the sofa, and lent in and kissed me. He put his other hand on the back of my head and pulled me closer briefly before pulling back and looking at me.

He went back into the kitchen and I sat reading. I glanced towards the kitchen every now and again, at the noises and the smells coming from that room.

There was a bang. Followed by a shout of “everything's fine”.

I heard Duke get told off for putting his nose on the counter. Definitely trying to take an ingredient.

I also heard a few shouts of “ouch” and “fuck”.

“Dinner is served.” I had gotten so engrossed in my book I hadn't realised he had set the table and lit a couple of candles.

“Oh James. This is so sweet. Thank you.” He held my chair out and pushed it in for me as I sat down.

He then disappeared into the kitchen and came back with some drinks. It looked like he had a beer and I had a cider, in a gin glass, because fancy.

“For tonight, you have steak and pancetta carbonara, with garlic bread on the side.” James said, putting on a fancy voice and setting my plate down and then a plate of garlic bread down. He nipped back into the kitchen and then came back out with his.

“This looks incredible.” We cheersed our glasses and tucked in.

“Oh my… that's delicious.”

“Really?” I nodded vigorously at him with another mouthful.

“I have something to tell you…” James said and I was instantly worried.

“What is it?” I put my cutlery down and took a quick sip of my cider.

“I applied for a promotion position in London and I found out today… I got it.” I watched him for a moment before responding.

“Are you happy?”

“Yes. I wanted this position for so long and I've worked really hard for it… but also no. Because I met you.” He spoke very slowly and looked down at his plate of food as he said the last.

“Well here's to you. Congratulations!” I held up my drink and smiled at him. He hesitantly held his own drink up and clinked it against my own.

“I’m sorry I didn't mention it before. I really didn't think I would get it.”

“Hey, I get it. Don't worry. Tell me about it.” I asked, keeping enthusiasm high in my voice. He told me about the position, where he would be based and his new responsibilities. As he spoke he became more enthusiastic and I was so happy to see his joy.

I really like him. And I'm so happy for him.

We finished dinner and I insisted on helping James to tidy up. I had Alexa put some music on to lighten the mood and we danced and washed up, putting things away while shaking our hips.

Everything by Michael Bublé came on and James turned around and grabbed me. We started to slow dance in the kitchen, him spinning me under his arm every now and again, and he finished with a dip. I was laughing slightly as he pulled me up to him.

“Alice…” he was looking at me with so much pain and affection.

“Not tonight James. We'll talk about it tomorrow.” I put my hands up to his shoulders and kissed him. He quickly responded by wrapping his hands in my hair and walking me back against the counter.

In a flash he had hooked his arms under my knees and lifted me to sit on the edge of the counter.

Our clothes came off slowly this time and left a trail up the stairs as we tried to make our way to the bed, disconnecting as little as possible.

Tonight we didn't think about James' new job. And I pushed it out of my mind that this will end soon.

I let myself just enjoy him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.2K 869 56
I'm a firm believer in surrounding yourself with things you love. So I surrounded myself with prettymuch and this is what happened. \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\...
501 68 19
It feels like we are in hell when we are all alone.. When we leave our bestfreinds and start for a new life... When everything seems to be new.... Al...
592 30 27
My cousin broke her heart. I'm going to be the one to fix it. I'll do everything I can to. *mature themes, language, trigger warnings* Started: May...
1K 2 24
"𝑲𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒓 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆." 𝑶𝒏𝒚𝒙 𝑮𝒂𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝑱𝒐𝒉𝒏𝒔𝒐𝒏 doesn't know what it's like to have someone love her. She wants to f...