Bound for Eternity

By Nymphetamine972

It is a fanfic, but knowing the web series isn't compulsory to read it, trust me. First chapters (1-3) got re... More

๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–™๐–Š๐–— ๐•ด
๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–™๐–Š๐–— ๐•ด๐•ด
๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–™๐–Š๐–— ๐•ด๐•ด๐•ด
๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–™๐–Š๐–— ๐•ด๐–
๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–™๐–Š๐–— ๐–
๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–™๐–Š๐–— ๐–๐•ด
๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–™๐–Š๐–— ๐–๐•ด๐•ด
๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–™๐–Š๐–— ๐–๐•ด๐•ด๐•ด
๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–™๐–Š๐–— ๐•ด๐–ƒ
๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–™๐–Š๐–— ๐”›
๐•ฎ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–™๐–Š๐–— ๐–ƒ๐•ด๐•ด

1 1 0
By Nymphetamine972

·:*¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨*:·

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖃𝕴

𝕷𝖊𝖙𝖎𝖈𝖎𝖆

·:*¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨*:·

I took an omelet out of the frying pan and bent it in half just to fill it with some vegetables, and a bit of sauce as well, turning it into something that reminded me of a taco. The smell of freshly brewed coffee filled the kitchen. Honestly, the smell alone was enough to wake me up. One sip of this heavenly drink could make wonders for me. I took a fork, ready to grab the plate and go to the table, until I jumped with a squeal, startled by the arms that wrapped around my waist.

''Oh my God Carm! You scared me!'' I almost yelled. How was it possible that I didn't hear her steps? I can't remind myself the last time it was audible, like a cat, she moved without a sound. Maybe she was floating in the air and I didn't even notice that?

''I thought you've seen me with a corner of your eye'' She laughed, with her lips almost brushing my ear. I could already feel the chills pierce through me, especially after recalling myself the last night. It's a good thing she could drive despite drinking alcohol yesterday.

The feeling of her body on my back snapped me out of my thoughts.

''I was busy with this omelet. I almost had a heart attack!''

She chuckled and picked a slice of tomato from the plate, which disappeared a moment later in her mouth. And again, the sight of her full, soft lips recalled me the kiss. I felt chills again.

''Lucky you that I am around, in case you focused on omelet again, so no one can sneak on you. Excluding me, obviously'' She murmured, causing me to sigh.

''As for someone who doesn't have to sleep, you usually wake up very late.''

''I don't have to sleep, but it doesn't mean I don't like to sleep'' She retorted and I rolled my eyes. Alright, it was logical. Somehow. Then she pulled off and went to the express, just to make herself a coffee as well. I would make it for her if I only knew she would get up earlier.

''I always wondered... You need blood, but you still can eat and drink normally?'' I asked, frowning, taking my plate to the table, and picking up my coffee on the way.

''Yeah. Not too much of course so that I won't vomit it. In the right amounts, I can do it. Just for the taste, cupcake.''

Half an hour later we were on our way to the company, listening in silence to another rock song on the radio. Then we entered the company, I checked how things were going and dived into my tasks. Creating a new offer, creating another one based on Carmilla's place where we wanted to have the tour. I had quite a challenge, dressing the place into very nice and alluring descriptions, to show the customer that this place is really worth visiting. I didn't even lie. This place was beautiful in fact. I think I'd love to visit it one day in the future.

Once I was done with it and I sent it to another department, just to know their opinion, I got up and left my office, feeling Carmilla's eyes on me. Not the first time this morning, already in the workplace, but I had to admit I enjoyed her attention. Something changed after that night. It turned into something really enjoyable, at least for me.

'' Hi Lou. How's the research for L'ile Louet?'' I asked Louis, coming to his desk and he checked the dashboard on the second screen.

''Good. The only thing left is picking the accommodation and hiring a leader, for which we have some options. I'll send it to you in an hour, probably half an hour'' He said with a satisfied smile, delight visible in his green eyes. He always enjoyed showing me his capabilities, and proving himself, even if it wasn't needed. Even if it was about such details. Even when I didn't ask for comparisons. I was planning to do it on my own, but knowing him, I could expect it.

But the delight faded as he noticed something or rather someone. A moment later I felt an arm wrap around my waist and lips on my cheek. Even without the smell of the perfumes, I could tell it was Carmilla.

''L'ile Louet? Such an underrated place. Good idea, honey'' She said to me, visibly showing off in front of Louis. I wouldn't say that's all she wanted, if not, last night's kiss or dance wouldn't have happened. She just used every occasion to stick a needle into Louis.

''People nowadays tend to be overstimulated. French countryside, a beautiful lighthouse, nature, and some other attractions to get some rest... Who wouldn't want that, right?'' I replied in a normal tone, but I could swear I was blushing. I wrapped my arm around Carmilla's waist as well. I lied to Louis and now I had to suffer the consequences. It's not that I didn't want to do that. It's just the fact that I could feel everyone's eyes on us.

''Oh I would. Certainly. Imagine a midnight, moonlight, lavender around us... Doesn't it sound so good?'' She murmured in her low tone. The vision of it alone was enchanting, imagining it... Oh, dear God. She knew how to stimulate my imagination.

''Oh, I forgot I was supposed to be anywhere else'' Louis muttered, obviously not pleased with Carmilla's showing off.

''I would order a coffin to solve this problem, but I'm busy, sorry'' She answered and I glared at her. She only made her innocent expression, ignoring the man's snort, before he left the place. I was just about to tell her a few words, ask her to not be so harsh on him, but then Andrea came to me with her phone.

''Boss? It's Ryanair's manager, they change the route and he wants to discuss it with you''

''Tell him I'll call him back in a few minutes'' I replied and turned on my heel just to go to the office. I quickly found this trip's documents and then called him, discussing what exactly changes, so I can apply it to our offers and send the information to other departments.

The rest of the work passed in quite a calm way. Carmilla seemed to be focused entirely on something, so I didn't interrupt her, told Louis to do some stuff with his team, and had two appointments with the sales director so I could learn more. After all, I was supposed to take over his job when he retired and it was quite soon. We also discussed some things, before I went to the kitchen. A moment later Sarah came in.

''Look whom we have here'' She started with enthusiasm. ''How's the big love going?''

At first, I wanted to sigh, but then I thought a little and smiled shyly.

''It's... Fine. We had fun tonight and... We even kissed...'' I replied, just to hear her snort a moment later.

''Wow, you went to bed and you're surprised you kissed your girlfriend for a hundredth time?''

In the first moment, I blushed completely, in the next one I realized the way she understood that and shook my head eagerly.

''No! I meant we were out and there we kissed! And truly that kiss in the bathroom was the first! And... Accidental, by the way'' I muttered in response, trying to keep my voice low. Now I had to remember how well Carmilla could hear things.

''And you're still... Ah, never mind. You're the couple anyway, I heard Louis complain about this to Suzanne. He was really hoping for something. How can someone so handsome be so dumb?'' She replied with a sigh, preparing a coffee for herself, but then she grinned at me. ''I knew you wouldn't be a long-time single. And... Well, you both fit each other perfectly. Like an angel and the devil, if you know what I mean''

The heaven in you meets the hell in me. And yet her smirk to her words. The memory of last night came storming in and I could my cheeks burn again. Why was I starting to act like a teenager who fell in love for the first time?

''Oh, did I hit the nerve? It may be a nice roleplay idea, you know?'' She chuckled and headed to the exit.

''Sarah!!'' I almost yelled to her back before she left.

We came back home two hours later. All I thought now was to just get something to eat and some green tea to that, just to finish this day decently. I went to the living room, where I fell freely on the sofa with a sigh. The change of the route was apparently a much bigger deal than I originally thought. We had much more details to set and organize, but now it would all be fine.

With a corner of my eyes, I could see Carmilla at the door, leaning on the door frame and looking at me.

''What's up?'' I asked with a frown.

''I should have a drink. From you. Do you remember what I've said? Drink less but more often, so you don't feel it as much as recently?'' She replied and I could feel the chills again. The memory of the last bite was still alive in my mind. I remembered it, I knew she had a point. I stuck out my arm for her, watching her come towards me, but she moved the arm away to my surprise. Then she straddled me, taking her seat on my lap, face towards me.

''Not from the arm, cupcake. It's not the best spot. It will be much easier and measurable if I drank from... Somewhere else'' She said, almost whispering and moving my hair aside, to reveal my neck. I swallowed the gulp in my throat. Now this sounded even more serious than I initially thought. ''This place is actually perfect, Let.''

I felt the chills again, just from her voice and touch alone, wondering how could she make me freak out so easily. She stared at me as if looking for a green light. I took a big breath and nodded, I didn't want to see her having the seizure again.

''You will barely feel it, don't worry'' She whispered, leaning towards me, laying her hand on my shoulder. She took it away, undecided, just to place my hands on her shoulder blades. ''You can even dig your nails if you need to.''

I did as she said and kept my hands on her body, letting her lead me through this. I felt the chills again when Carmilla's breath brushed against the skin on my neck and the moment later, I groaned when I felt the sudden sting there before it went numb. I could feel her sucking on my neck, but the pain was gone. I closed my eyes, allowing her to do what she had to do. It was a weird feeling, it felt strange, to let her drink from me, now completely free willingly. On the other hand, I could feel chills going through my whole body, from head to toe. Her sitting on my lap increased the feeling.

After a few minutes, she pulled away but remained on my knees. She bit her wrist and moved it to my mouth.

''Now drink, so you won't have a scar'' She told me. I nodded and took a few sips, feeling this metallic taste in my mouth again. It felt even weirder than just letting her drink from me. She smiled as if she were proud, and then she pulled away her wrist. We stared at each other in silence, interrupted only by the ticking clock in the corner until she took a breath.
''How do you feel now?''

''Better than the last time'' I replied with a nervous smile.

''See? I told you if I drank less, but more often, you wouldn't feel as much'' She shrugged. I nodded, I couldn't agree more. She leaned towards me, staring into my eyes, causing shivers to go through my body again. I leaned again, causing our lips to connect again. I closed my eyes, letting go, feeling the metallic taste of blood again. I remembered it was my blood, but for some reason, I didn't care that much about it now. Finally, our lips parted, and I looked into her brown, chocolate eyes, breathing rapidly. I could hear my heart beat faster with each second, faster than I thought it was possible.

''At first I felt the sting of pain, then I felt it going numb'' I noticed feeling stuck on looking into her eyes.

''Yes, my saliva has its quality to numb the bitten place'' She nodded, placing her hand on mine. I could notice she felt chills as much as I did now.

''Like a mosquito?'' I asked, causing her to laugh shortly.

''Yes. Pretty accurate comparison''

''At least you're not that annoying. Well, not now. The day you came to the company I thought I would kill you'' I chuckled.

She smiled in response, pushing the strand of my hair behind my ear.

''Yeah... I could tell you were losing your mind, but honestly, I couldn't help myself.''

Thirty minutes later I was preparing the dinner, moving around in the kitchen, working on the perfect spaghetti. I didn't really have a better idea, so I thought of something simple. Carmilla was also right, I didn't feel that weak now, even after half an hour since the bite. My neck was clean as well, not even a little scar. Maybe she should sell her blood as a perfect medicine?

No, despite being risky, it is surely much more complicated. There had to be a catch, a condition, or something that couldn't be healed. Plus, there was surely a reason why the existence of the vampires was still a secret. No one spoke of it globally, after all.

After some time the meal was ready and I was just taking the plate, ready to ask Carmilla if she wanted to eat a bit of it too, but my phone rang. It was my mom. I picked up the phone.

''What's up Mom?''

''Leticia... Listen...''

I could already hear she was crying. I froze, already feeling something really bad happened.

''Mom? What's going on?!''

''Honey, listen... Dad is in the hospital. He had an accident. He's in a critical state.''

I dropped the plate, hearing the loud sound of the shattered porcelain. At the first moment, I didn't know what to say. Was it kind of a joke? It was not the first of April, she would never do such a prank. With the corner of my eye, I could already see Carmilla, alarmed by the noise.

''What happened?'' I asked with a quivering voice.

''We came home and... He was going to the barber like he always does on Tuesdays. He...'' Her voice broke. ''his brakes failed and he... He crashed with the building.''

I could feel my throat squeeze, tears came to my eyes. I took a big breath, not knowing what to say. My heart sank completely, my mind began already imagining his car, him, covered in his blood behind the steering wheel. But I couldn't cry now, my mum needed me. As much as it was hard for me, I had to carry on.

''Mom... Listen, I'm on my way, okay? Which hospital it is?''

''It's St. Bernard Parish''

I looked at Carmilla, who was looking at me all the time. She nodded. Something told me she heard the whole conversation. Her perfect vampire hearing surely let her.

''I'll come as soon as I can''

''Alright, honey. See you soon''

The moment I hang up, I burst into tears, dropping the phone on the table. I hid my face in my hands. I didn't even feel the blast of wind, when Carmilla in a second came to me, closing me in her embrace.

''I heard everything. I'm so sorry, darling. I will drive, okay?''

I didn't know what to reply. My mind came into ruin in one second, it all fell like a house of cards. Of course, I had in mind the fact, that accidents happen every day, I can have one tomorrow as well, but... Critical state? It was almost like getting killed. The tech fails many times, depending on device, and quality, but everything can fail.

''It's okay, take your time, Let. I'm here with you'' She whispered, not waiting anymore for my response. I sobbed, trembling in her embrace. It felt so hard to breathe, if not Carmilla, I guess I would simply fall to the ground. I would stay here forever, but my mother needed me. We needed each other. I gathered all the strength I could.

''Let's go. She can't be alone there'' I muttered, doing my best to control my voice.

''Sure'' She replied, grabbing her purse. She reached out to me and I took her hand, tangling our fingers together. Besides my mother, I also needed Carmilla. Luckily, she was all the time with me.

We entered the car and the moment she turned the keys, the music started going, but she paused it.

''You can play it'' I replied with a raspy voice, but she didn't play it anyway. We drove in silence. With the corner of my eye, I could see she was thinking intensively about something.

''Did you piss off someone recently? Or seriously hurt someone in the past?'' She asked all of a sudden. I moved my gaze towards her. I could see in my reflection ruined make-up, and red eyes. I looked pathetically. At least I didn't really care, already feeling like shit.

''Not really... I mean, I broke up with Louis, but on good terms'' I replied, doing my best to focus. But did she mean someone tried to kill him? ''You don't think it's an accident?''

''First, someone tried to kill you. Now when I am with you, your father has an ''accident''. Right before he goes to the barber, what she does regularly on the same day. Doesn't it look suspicious to you?'' She explained and honestly, now I felt even worse. So it wasn't just an accident. Someone almost killed him. Or killed him if he won't get better. I sobbed at just the thought of it. ''I mean... Sorry, I should have waited with that idea.''

''It's fine'' I replied, but voice-breaking. Definitely not a good liar. ''Could you go faster, please?''

''Doing my best''

Twenty minutes later we were in the hospital. I almost run in, quickly asking where I can find my father. He was in the operation block now and I joined my mother, who was sitting and crying. I hugged her immediately, sobbing with her.

''The doctor... He said that the next hours will be crucial for him. He may... He may...'' She tried to keep on, but her voice broke. I knew what she wanted to say. He may die until tomorrow. I sobbed again, just thinking of it. I tried to stay positive, but it was too difficult. Carmilla sat on my side, not saying anything. She wasn't calm, but she was silent.

''It's my fault, we came home together, maybe I could notice something, warn him, maybe then he would...'' Mother kept going, but her voice broke again and she trembled in another sob.

''You couldn't know something will be wrong right after, Mom. You can't predict the future'' I replied, deciding to not mention Carmilla's suspicion about it. She was already a mess, I didn't want to make it worse.

''I almost lost you and now... This...'' She forced her words out of herself. Maybe she was a bigger mess than I thought.

''Mrs. Creed! Leticia! How is he?'' I heard Louis' voice, out of breath. He probably ran all the way here. I raised my head to look at him, deciding to speak for Mom this time.

''The next hours will tell us everything'' I explained, barely controlling my voice. He hid his face with a hand, also upset with the news. Carmilla's face on the other hand was like a stone. In this situation, I could only tell, what chaos she could have inside her head. She glared at Louis with despise, typical of her, but didn't tell anything. For her, it also had to be touching.

The next four hours came and the surgeon came out. We immediately got up, so desperate for the news. Hoping for the good ones like a suspect, who can't wait to hear if they're judged free or if they're imprisoned with sorrow for the rest of their life.

''For now, it's fine, but Mr. Creed is still in a bad condition. We did what we could, we stopped the internal bleeding and balanced his state, but it's still not over. The next hours will be deciding'' He explained. I was so jealous of his calm. I knew he had probably hundreds of situations like this, but still.

''Thank you, doctor'' I replied, 'cause my mother just looked away, as if not sure if it's good or bad news.

The time kept going, we sat later by his bed, hoping he'd open his eyes, and tell us it was okay. The dawn was coming behind the windows, my mother seemed to be completely exhausted. She was older, after all.

''Mrs. Creed? Leticia? I think you should rest and get some sleep, despite the graveness of the situation, you should take care of yourselves as well''

''No. I won't leave the hospital until he wakes up and he's all fine. He has to be'' Mother replied and we knew her well enough to know how stubborn she can be.

''Then maybe we could grab a coffee? Take a breath outside. Just for a moment?'' He suggested to us. I shook my head, but Mom hesitated.

''Alright'' Her voice seemed so weak, raspy after hours of weeping. With his help, she got up and they left, leaving us three alone.

I didn't even look at any of them, still drowning in my thoughts, thinking about possible scenarios, thinking of what I'd do if he died. What would my mother do if he passed away? But Carmilla's quick movements caught my attention. She took the syringe out of the cupboard, but then she hesitated and came closer to him.

''Carm? What are you doing?'' I asked with a croaky voice.

She sniffed when she was right next to him and frowned. Then she threw away the syringe.

''Fuck! Does your father drink vervain or something?''

I frowned as well.

''Yes, why?''

''I thought of healing him with my blood, but since he drank vervain... It may end up even worse. Vervain harms the vampires'' She explained. I stared at her for a moment, sheepishly, until I realized. Yes, her blood could heal. I nodded.

''He always said that vervain scares off evil spirits'' I murmured.

She sighed impatiently and sat next to me, embracing me with her one arm.

''He'll be fine, you'll see. By the way, his blood smells just fine. It's not the scent someone who's going to die has'' She said, trying to cheer me up. I managed to give her a slight smile, appreciating her efforts.

''Thank you, Carm. For everything you do''

I hugged her tighter and so we were sitting. Even after my mom and Louis came back, we just kept sitting, praying, or hoping for anything.

In the morning the police officer came and then it turned even worse. They analyzed the car and told us it wasn't an accident. They told us also, that they had found the same footprint they found near the lake, the first time someone tried to kill me and the second time when the culprit tried to shoot me down, near the janitor's room, near the staff's exit door on the outside. Carmilla was right, someone tried to kill him like they did with me. However, this news seemed to make my mother's condition even worse, cause she completely burst into tears. The police psychologist took care of her for now, before they would interview her when she felt better. I was now alone with Louis and Carmilla.

''How are you feeling?'' He asked, looking at me and Carmilla. The vampire held my hand to support me. I just opened my mouth to answer, but then I heard my phone ring. Then I saw my father's assistant and I sighed. The company, of course. I picked it up.

''Ms. Creed?''

''Yes, Mr. Neveu?''

''I heard what happened. I'm sorry for your father.''

''Thank you. I assume you're not calling just because of this?'' I replied, knowing better.

''Yes. Mrs. Creed told me she's off for the next week, she's not in the state to take care of the company-''

''I will take care of it, as the next one to inherit'' I cut him off and the moment he took a breath, I knew it was not going to be easy.

''Well, before the accident your father changed his will. The condition on which you have to be married to take over the company'' He explained and I could already feel my blood starting to boil.

''Yes, to take over. Now I'll lead due to his absence...''

This time he cut me off.

''He made it very clear you have to be married to steer the company at all. Not only to just take over. I'm forced to give the lead to the board members.''

I froze. The board members? Half of them were focused on only their money! I also knew that their ideas weren't really good. If not my father, this company would go down in rankings.

''No. This is my family's legacy, something, my father wants to have fine when he wakes up and now you're fucking kidding me. I am the one supposed to lead and regarding the situation you should let me lead anyway!'' I growled, getting already up. From sadness and despair, right into madness and anger. My mood was at its best.

''I'm really, seriously, sorry. The law is the law and I can't ignore it.''

I just opened my mouth to reply, but he hung up. I would wipe the floor with him if I was there. Right now. How could he? I combed my hair with my fingers, thinking of what to do, what to say. I looked around, stopping my gaze at the concerned expressions of Louis and Carmilla. I didn't manage to say anything before Louis got up and then knelt on one knee in front of me.

''Marry me then. Someone has to steer the company and guard your family's legacy. A marriage out of convenience, we'll divorce the moment everything will be fine'' He said. He would surely grab a ring if he only had one by himself.

''No. Marry me''

With eyes opened even wider, I looked at Carmilla, who knelt in front of me as well, just like Louis did. She brought the ring, hung on the chain, that was under her shirt. Took it off it, before she laid it on her hand.

''Leticia Adelaide Creed, do me this honor and marry me. Out of convenience or not, regardless of it. Our souls are already bound and we shall face any other trouble as we do all the recent time. I don't think it's a coincidence, I know you also don't think it is. I won't let you walk through this darkness alone'' she said, staring into my eyes. ''So please, do me this honor and marry me.''

My jaw dropped open right when Louis was finished, but now... My heart kept beating as if it wanted to burst out of my chest. On my left was the man who was once, as I thought, the love of my life. The one my close-to-death father wanted me to marry. Something to which I reacted so harshly, those were basically my last words to him, when I was mad at him, because of his idea. On my right was the woman, who turned my life into chaos just to show me the beauty of it, who gained my heart and my soul, but the one I couldn't call even my girlfriend, because we didn't set it officially. Marriage at this moment was too much. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

480K 6.8K 51
The night after her parents death, she's forced and threatened by the Queen at the age of ten to get engaged to the princess whose father is the murd...
41.2K 2.9K 51
A Taylor Swift fanfic - Mรกire never expected a wrong number to change her life forever. At first, she didn't think much of it, but when the unknown c...
147K 6.5K 50
Harper Bardot is a twenty-one year old senior Business Administration Major with a minor in marketing who is hoping to get her dream internship at Th...
439K 13.2K 30
My life was simple and easy. A bit lonely but I liked it. It wasn't until I literally crashed into the one who would change my life forever. My world...