a Primal Pursuit

XDeafening_SilenceX द्वारा

When the wolves took over the world over a hundred years ago, millions of humans were killed, with survivors... अधिक

coming soon
one
two*
three
four
five
six
seven
eight *
nine
ten*
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty *
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four **
twenty five
twenty six*
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty*
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty
sixty one
sixty two
sixty three
sixty four
sixty five
sixty six
sixty seven
sixty eight
sixty nine
seventy
seventy one
seventy two
seventy three
seventy four
seventy five
seventy six

thirty

4.3K 262 44
XDeafening_SilenceX द्वारा

Asra blinked. Once, twice, five times before his laughter bellowed and shook the room. My lips fell into a grimace, and I slapped his chest. He shut up, eyes blazing, as he stared down at me.

"Don't slap me."

"Don't laugh at me!" I shrieked. "I am telling you what is on my mind, and you laugh! Asra!"

He growled. "You even suggesting that someone in my pack is a spy, a traitor, is ridiculous."

"No, it's not!" I growled back, baring my teeth.

He blinked, shaking his head. "There it is again. A growl."

"I don't care about the bloody sound effects I am making, and I don't care about how good my hearing has got." Huffing, I held his gaze. "I am the Luna, so listen to me!"

He rolled his shoulders at the severity of my pleading, his jaw flexing as he gritted his teeth. I watched as his tongue darted out to wet his lips before he nodded once.

"Yesterday was a bad day for me." I began yet again, and he listened quietly. "Aside from our... misunderstanding, Caleb came to me before lunch, saying I had a phone call."

"A phone call?" His eyebrows furrowed.

"I thought it may have been you." I shrugged. "So I went with him to your office."

"Who was it?"

"Caleb said my brother."

"You don't have a brother." He shook his head.

"Exactly." I nodded, and he frowned. "It... it wasn't my brother; it was Darius."

Asra's entire body went rigid. "Excuse me?"

"Darius phoned and lied to Caleb, saying he was my brother and wanted to get in touch with me. Caleb didn't know otherwise, because he doesn't know about me, and accepted the call for me." I explained.

"What did he do?" He snarled.

"Caleb?" I cocked my head.

"No, the asshole." He bit back, and I flinched.

"Darius didn't have to do anything; all he has to do is say." I shook my head.

Asra's growling didn't subside, and despite being completely nude, I pushed him back onto the bed and straddled him. His hands fell to my lower back instinctively as I kneeled over him. Successfully catching his attention, he peered down at my body before looking back up at my face.

"Continue."

I rolled my eyes but obliged. "Darius threatened me, Asra. He said that he knew where I was and called me a whore."

"That fucking arsehole-I-Tulip, you are not a whore."

I shrugged, not agreeing with him completely. Who else let a man, and even his friend, use their body whenever they wanted? Who else gave it up even when she didn't want it? Me.

I grimaced. "He jeered at me, saying he knows where I am because he heard I was whoring myself to a pack of wolves."

"Who told him?"

"He said his contacts. Darius always has contacts and not friends." I shook my head. "I asked him why he was calling and..."

My breath was shaky as I trailed off, and Asra ran his hands up and down my spine to comfort me. His growling turned softer, pulling my body flush against him. It was weird how it worked, but I felt my heart rate settle at the comfort.

"He said, 'you know what I want' and warned me he won't stop until he has it." I gulped. "He thought I faked my death, that I escaped him by pretending the wolves got me."

"Well, they did, and tore you to pieces." He growled. "You are not a liar, Ailia, and you cannot give him anything."

I cupped his cheeks. "I know. That's not what upset me, Asra."

"Then what did?"

"He wants me, Asra, me."

Eyes dark, his lips curled as his snarl vibrated the room. "He cannot have you. You are mine."

I shuddered, my eyes fluttering closed at the primal need. Asra pulled me flush against him, rubbing his head into my neck and nibbling at my skin. His growling didn't stop, vibrating my body with warmth.

"Asra..."

"Mine."

"Yes."

"Mine." His growl deepened, teeth nipping at my skin.

"I'm yours." I reassured him. "Always yours."

His growls softened. "He cannot have you."

My heart fluttered, but I couldn't just agree when Darius was so powerful. "Darius has contacts, he has money, and he will do anything to get me back, Asra."

"I have more." Asra snapped. "He does not love you; he does not deserve you."

"But to him, I was his, that's the point. I was supposed to be his." I shook my head, sighing. "It seems he still thinks that."

A moment's pause before he spoke. "Did he speak of your sister?"

"No."

"Then she is the spy." He pulled away to stare at me.

"What!" I gasped. "No, no, no it's not Arabella."

"It must be."

"Asra, it can't be Arabella. She doesn't know how to use a phone. It's not her."

"It would make sense. She was supposed to marry him, and you brought her back here."

"It can't be Arabella; she wouldn't do that to me." I glared. "She knows the man he is; she wouldn't force me back into that."

"How can you be so sure?" He cocked his head. "Your town, your own mother, turned against you."

"Check your outgoing calls." I shrugged, ignoring his truthful words.

I trusted my gut.

"She could've sent him a letter."

"To arrive within the same morning of you leaving? Think, Asra, it can't work." I explained. "He will know that Arabella is gone, and no doubt would've taunted me about her disappearance, but he didn't, which means he doesn't know it was me. Right? I cannot break a window."

"Perhaps. But you say he is smart." Asra grumbled. "My pack is strong. It cannot be one of them."

"I know it is, but not everyone is happy, surely? How else would Darius know when to call me and that you were not around? How else did he get the number?" I muttered, glaring at his chest.

Sudden realisation dawned on me, and my eyes snapped back to his with unease. Asra stiffened, realising the same thing as I, as his eyes narrowed.

"I will interrogate Caleb."

My jaw tightened, thinking of the dark-haired male. He knew little about me, but surely even he would've thought about questioning my so-called brother and what he wanted. To let the call through was rather suspicious.

"It has to be that way." I nodded. "It may not be him, but..."

"I am sorry." He sighed.

"Huh?" My eyes widened when he grabbed my cheeks.

He kissed me tenderly. "I am sorry for leaving you in the night and I am sorry that it put you in danger again. I will never leave you alone."

Confused, I stammered. "Wai-Wait..."

"It is my fault that phone call happened, and it is my fault for leaving you so vulnerable."

"Asra..." I sighed. "That's not your fault."

"I am meant to protect you, Tulip." He frowned, rubbing his thumb across my cheeks. "I promised nothing would happen to you after Blake, and I have failed you."

"Asra, I am uninjured. I am okay." I cupped his hands. "Just a little shaken up, but nothing I cannot handle."

"He scared you."

"A lot of things scare me." I tutted. "Cars and elevators scare me. You going to destroy those, too?"

"If I have to." He frowned, head snapping to the door.

"Asra!" I laughed softly. "That is not the point I am trying to prove here."

"Then what is?" He cocked his head.

I inhaled deeply and his hands rose with me, eyes confused. "Darius is smart with his word choice, but I will not allow myself to fall into that haze of fear again. I know he cannot hurt me. He does not have that hold on my heart, because my heart is not his."

"He can hurt you, though." He disagreed.

"No, he can't." I repeated. "I have you, and I know I am safe with you, Asra. You have my heart, and no matter what Darius may say, he cannot tarnish it because it is in your possession."

Asra growled softly. "I have your heart?"

"Metaphorically." I smirked.

His eyes softened, that familiar night sky blinking back at me. "You are so strong."

"For admitting facts?" I laughed.

"No, for fighting me." He smirked in return. "Everybody else rolls over, but you hold your own. As a luna should, I'm glad you are not weak."

"That is why I know Darius cannot hurt me. We have a united front." I teased.

He breathed a laugh. "Might have to change your name to Diamond."

My nose wrinkled. "That is an awful name, Butterscotch."

Asra's laugh broadened until he was smothering me with kisses and pulling me tighter to him. My heart fluttered as the passion grew. The nakedness of my body and bare boxers of his was causing a lot of friction. When I pulled away for breath, his lips fell to my throat, tasting me.

"You are mine." He growled, nipping my ear.

I lowered my head, my breaths shaking with exertion. "I am yours, but you are mine, Alpha. You sure you can give yourself up to me?"

He paused at my teasing, his pupils expanding and shrinking as he stared into my eyes. His hands loosened around my waist, the heat of his skin burning through mine.

"I am yours, Ailia."

My heart fluttered, a wide grin lifting my cheeks. "Are you?"

"Yes." He nodded. "I am no one else's."

I think my stomach did a front flip and got stuck in the tumbles. I couldn't stop the fluttering or falling as I tripped over my own feelings. Admitting he was mine was a big step. The stubborn, egotistical male was mine.

"Good." I breathed. "And I am yours and no one else's."

And safe to say. I soon gobbled his accompanying groan in a wave of passion as we fell onto the bed.

Half an hour later, I was exiting yet another shower. I kept my hair out of it, not wanting to deal with the drying process again. The waves were always knotty and crazy and needed a lot of taming after so much showering.

"Where are you going?" Asra wondered as I moved to the front door.

I shrugged on some shoes. "To work."

His eyes glanced at the clock. "You are?"

"Yes." I laughed. "Lunch takes a lot of prep, you know."

Asra shrugged, taking the initiative and opening the door for me. I passed under his arm with a soft smile, and he joined me, his hand snaking around my hips.

"What are you going to do?" I wondered.

"I am going to speak to Caleb."

I noticed the way his voice came out harsher, and I pursed my lips. "When?"

"I have changed my day around. I will speak with him now."

"Oh." I muttered. "I see."

His hand tightened on my waist as we stepped into the elevator, pulling me closer. "He is already waiting for me."

"In your office?"

"No."

"Oh, where then?" I frowned.

"The interrogation room."

"The int-what? Asra..."

The doors dinged on the ground floor and we stepped out. I frowned at him, shimming out of his grip. He cocked his head, watching me without an inch of emotion.

"Yes?"

"You will not hurt him, will you?"

"If he is a good guy, no."

"How will you know that?" I pursed my lips.

"I will ask him questions and see if he is lying." He shrugged. "If I command him, he will have no choice but to tell the truth."

I swallowed harshly. "That easy?"

"That easy."

"And if he is good?"

"I will let him go."

"You mean you will apologise." I stated.

His eyes narrowed with confusion. "What?"

"Apologise for not believing he was a good pack member."

He hummed, but didn't comment. I rolled my eyes, annoyed the alpha male wouldn't even think to excuse his behaviour.

"If he is good, apologise to him." I repeated.

"I don't apologise." He shook his head. "It is weakness."

"Asra, it is the right thing to do. It is respectful. Accusing someone of something like that..."

"Okay, fine." He huffed.

If he was a dragon, there would be smoke coming out of his ears; he was so hotheaded.

"But if he is bad, I will not go easy on him."

"You won't kill him, will you?"

He didn't answer right away, staring into my eyes with uncertainty. I swallowed, and his eyes dropped to the motion in my throat.

"Asra?"

His jaw flexed. "No, I will not kill him."

"Okay." I exhaled. "Let's hope he is a good guy, then."

"Being the bad guy would solve a lot of problems. Gets him right away instead of searching for a damn rat." His lip curled with a snarl.

"It's okay. I'm fine; it was just a phone call. You will figure it out. I know you will." My hands wrapped around his biceps.

That same curious cat watching a bird expression came over his face as he stared down at me. I smiled softly, squeezing his arms before taking a step back.

"What happened to no touching?" He mused.

I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "I don't know what you're talking about."

He grinned, hands coming to grab me. He lifted me up like a doll and I squealed as he brought me to his eye level. I was dangling, my feet swaying in the air as he held me away from his body like a toddler.

"You are infuriating."

"So, I have been told." I crossed my arms, defiant.

"You made me sleep and wash alone."

"That I did."

"You're a naughty human." He hummed.

"You're an annoying-ass dog."

He growled softly and pulled me flush against him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, my legs around his waist. Hands sloped down to my ass, squeezing the soft flesh as he leaned into kiss me. My lips parted, allowing his mouth and tongue to explore as his hands kneaded my flesh. Before we could really get into it, again, there was a squeak.

"Really? Right here? In the foyer?"

I pulled away from him to look down at Mya. She stood with a grimace on her face, and Arabella was beside her, actively not looking our direction. Asra growled, grabbing my cheeks with one hand and pulling my mouth back to his. I laughed against his lips, letting him kiss me again for his ego before pulling away.

"I have to work, and so do you." I told him.

He frowned, but set me down softly. I bounced on my toes, realising how high up I had been when looking at Mya before.

"Have a good day, Tulip." He murmured, passing me by.

I blushed softly, ignoring the smirking tease Mya was sending me. "Bye..."

When he turned the corner, Mya was latching onto my arm. "Oh, you have to tell me everything."

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

45.4K 2K 84
As Lycan's were hunted and killed off a thousand years ago, now humans, and werewolves shall learn what a true Lycan is. All things made a new, now i...
923K 27K 30
"Slowly, little moon-- I'm not going anywhere." ***** Marked wolves were the only wolves that could conceive an A...
569K 3.3K 7
"Why are you following me?" She eyes me suspiciously, like she doesn't trust someone wanting to say hello. "I want to know your name. Mate." There...
878K 32.6K 53
♔︎𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐀𝐥𝐩𝐡𝐚 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠 & 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐞♔︎ ❝𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚜𝚘 𝚋𝚊𝚍? 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚕𝚘�...