Lonely Hearts Club

By EloiseMunson

Eddie Munson has no time for a personal life, let alone a romantic one. He has no time - between the shop he'... More

Knight in Shining Armor
What are the Odds?
This One is Different
Shakespeare
Out of Practice
Making Impressions
Liquid Courage
Walking
Psychopaths and Making Time
Movie Education
The Bet
Making Moves
Mystery
Just One More
Keeping Tabs
Breakfast
The Mystery Girl
A Promise
Eyeliner
Secret Girlfriend
So Cute
First Night Out
Clear-Headed
Stratosphere
Evaluation
Caught
Chances
The First Morning
We've Got Time
Starting Over
Two Hooligans
Parties
Productive
Cool Big Brother
Meatloaf
The Words
What Did You Say?
Lucky
Skimpy
Squandering Youth
Bad at Being Mad
This Happy
Sprinkle Cake Day
Big Night In
Your Fault
Responsibility
A Wreck
Bad Moods
No Crying
Big and Romantic
Just As Insane
Plenty of Time
Interrogation
Home

Impressive

271 25 1
By EloiseMunson

I was sitting on the couch, waiting for Maggie to get back so I could talk to her about staying with Alexa tonight. I was trying to figure out how to have the conversation with her without raising any alarms. I was practicing my speech to myself, and I leapt up when the front door swung open.

Maggie was giddy and goofy, just like I was when I left any interaction with Dolly. I felt a wave of protectiveness when I realized that she was this way because of a Harrington boy. I took a breath – I wasn't supposed to know she was dating Matty. She grinned at me as she traipsed to the kitchen.

"Hi, weirdo," she chirped as she pulled a gallon of juice out of the fridge. I leaned against the kitchen counter, smiling back at her.

"You're in a good mood," I started, crossing my arms. I snapped my fingers as she started to put her mouth to the bottle. "Get a glass, you heathen."

She rolled her eyes but went to the cabinet to get a glass out. She poured herself a cup of juice and took a sip.

"Who were you coming from seeing?" I pushed, hoping she would open up. I could tell she had just seen Matty – not just based on her mood, but because of how meticulously her makeup was done. Her face turned red, and she shrugged.

"Just the usual suspects," she answered vaguely. I smiled wider – she was so much like me sometimes it was scary. I nodded, playing along with her for now. Dolly said that Maggie was going to be fine, and I needed to trust that.

"Well, speaking of those usual suspects – do you think you could stay the night with Alexa tonight?" I asked, trying to remain casual. She furrowed her brows.

"Why?" she snapped, suddenly on guard. Shit – I was worried this was going to be her reaction.

"Because I am not going to be here tonight," I answered calmly. Her face twisted into a smile.

"Oh, really?" she exclaimed, walking over to me and punching my shoulder. I smiled back at her.

"Yes, I have plans," I said. She smirked.

"With your secret girlfriend?" she teased. I rolled my eyes.

"Can you go to Alexa's or not?" I pushed. She crossed her arms.

"Who's your secret girlfriend?" she questioned. I raised an eyebrow.

"Who's your secret boyfriend?" I shot back. She turned bright red and started stammering. I ruffled her hair. "You've been in an uncharacteristically good mood lately."

"I just, well, um, okay, hold on—"

"Kid, it's okay," I assured her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. She smiled nervously.

"I can stay at Alexa's," she agreed. I felt a shock of excitement – I could really spend the whole night with Dolly and sleep in with her like she wanted to. I kissed the top of Maggie's head and smiled at her.

"Thanks, Mags – I am about to head out, so just make sure to lock up," I said. She nodded and gave me a quick hug.

"Where are you taking the secret girlfriend?" she asked as I dropped her and went to collect the small bag I had packed to spend the night at Dolly's.

"I'm not telling you – you and Alexa will show up and try to crash," I joked. She laughed and nodded.

"Fair enough," she agreed. I swung my bag over my shoulder and grabbed my keys.

"Be good, kid," I said as I walked out.

"You, too – tell your secret girlfriend I said hi!" she called out as I closed the door behind me. I laughed to myself and got into my car and headed towards Dolly's place.

I was getting more and more excited. I liked when Dolly and I could act like a regular couple. I wondered what she would wear tonight – she was so excited to dress up and felt like she hadn't been able to use her full wardrobe since moving here.

I pulled up to her building, and raced to her apartment, getting anxious to see her. I got to her door and took a deep breath before knocking softly on the door. I heard her behind it, and I felt my heart start to race as I waited. She didn't come to the door, so I knocked one more time. The door swung open, and my heart stopped as I smiled at her.

"Hey, good lookin'," she greeted. She looked fucking fantastic. She was in a long dress that clung to her curves, and her makeup was dark and pretty. Her curls were tumbling over her shoulders, and I couldn't believe that the girl who I had fallen for over her flat tire was my secret girlfriend.

"Well, don't you look pretty, Doll," I complimented before kissing her. I pulled her close to me, enjoying how much she smelled and how she felt in my arms. She grinned up at me, her smile making my heart race. "Ready for our first date night?"

"First date night out - our first date night was that night we got snowed in together," she insisted, locking her door behind her. I took her hand and pulled her close to me.

"You mean the night I lied about your car?" I joked as I kissed her temple. She nodded.

"It was perfect," she replied.

I helped her into my van, and I squeezed her hand as she buckled up. I kissed her softly, my heart catching as she set a hand on my chest. I smiled at her before kissing her nose and closing the door. I jogged around the car and got in, starting it up and heading towards our next destination. I took her hand, pressing her knuckles to my lips and keeping her hand there.

"Where are we going?" she asked softly, grinning at me.

"We are going to the only nice restaurant in all of Hawkins," I answered, kissing her hand again.

"Oh, really?" she replied, her smile growing. I nodded.

"I told you I was going to take you on a big night out," I said. She leaned her head back on the seat.

"You are so cute," she gushed. I loved it when she said that. I squeezed her hand and turned onto Main Street. I slowed to a stop in front of Enzo's and parked in an available spot. I turned to her and kissed her quickly.

"Let me help you out," I said, shutting the car off and racing around the front. I opened her door and took her hand as she stepped out. She beamed up at me and kept her hand in mind. I pulled her close and started walking her towards the restaurant. She glanced up and smiled.

"Enzo's?" she asked. I felt a wave of embarrassment – I hated this was the only option that I had to take a girl like her out.

"Yeah, I know it's probably as nice as what you're used to on dates, but it's still pretty good—"

"Hey, hey, hey," she interrupted, pulling me to a stop. I glanced away, still embarrassed. She set a hand on my chest, right over my heart, and I was panicked that she could feel it pounding. I glanced down at her, and she was smiling brightly at me. "At what point of me saying the word 'Enzo's' did it seem like I was disappointed?"

I felt my mouth twist into a smile and set my forehead against hers. She was good about stopping my insecure spirals with her – always stopping me in my tracks and telling me to think logically.

"You're right, you're right," I conceded. She grinned and kissed me softly. "I just want to impress you."

She started pulling me along, shaking her head.

"I dated Steve Harrington – you've already got a leg up," she joked, making me laugh. I yanked her back to me, wrapping my arms around her waist and kissing her hard. When we pulled away, she was out of breath. She patted my chest, trying to catch her breath. "Yeah, and that – that's always impressive."

I pressed my lips to her cheek and started guiding her to the doors. I held it open for her and followed her into the dimly lit restaurant.

A plump woman with dark hair and a kind smile greeted us.

"Welcome to Enzo's!" she greeted, gesturing to the restaurant I had only ever gone to twice – once for my graduation celebration, and once to celebrate the opening of the shop. I cleared my throat and stepped forward.

"Hello – we have a reservation under 'Munson'," I told her, smiling when Dolly scratched my back. I smiled down at Dolly, setting my arm around her.

"Right this way, you two," the hostess ordered, guiding us to a small table that had a vase with a rose on it. I blushed when Dolly squeezed my side.

"How romantic," she whispered, sitting as I pulled her chair out for her. I leaned down and pressed my lips to her ear, feeling bold when she flushed.

"Anything for you, Dahlia Brooks," I said lowly.

She shivered like she always did when I called her by her full name, and I smiled as I kissed her temple. I went around the table and sat across from her. I grinned wider as she set her elbows on the table and leaned over, beaming at me. I reached across and took her hand, tracing her fingers with my thumb.

"This is nice," she said quietly, squeezing my hand. I nodded.

"I...I've never really t-taken a girl out l-like this," I admitted. Her mouth twisted into her goofy smile, the one that she always got before she told me how cute she thought I was.

"Well, I've never been this excited to go on a date with something," she quipped. I felt my chest warm and shook my head.

"You're just saying that—" I started.

"Nope – I am always the most excited to spend any time with you," she insisted. I pulled her hand to my lips and kissed her knuckles.

"Thanks for being patient with me," I said sheepishly, wanting to apologize for how out of practice I was. She winked at me.

"It's easy when it's you, good lookin'," she flirted. I smiled wider.

A waiter came over and took our orders – I asked Dolly to order us a bottle of wine, especially because I had no idea what I was doing. The waiter made sure our glasses were always full, and Dolly got tipsy fast. We talked about everything – about her time in college, how she got her first job, my favorite and least favorite things about raising a teenager. I grinned as she finished her last bite of pasta, and she set her elbow on the table, placing her chin in her hand.

"Hey, good lookin'," she flirted, her cheeks pink from the alcohol. I smirked at her, pushing my plate to the side and taking her hand in mine. I kissed it softly.

"Hey, Doll," I replied. I was finally feeling confident and comfortable, emboldened by how clear Dolly made it to me that she was as into me as I was into her. She sighed happily.

"I like it when you call me that," she said, her smile making my heart pound.

"I know," I replied. I kissed her hand again. "Doll."

Her smile became goofier, and she giggled happily.

"I am so excited for you to stay the night," she replied. I nodded.

"Me too – especially being able to sleep in with you," I quipped. Her eyes lit up.

"Oh, my gosh, it's going to be so amazing," she gushed.

Our waiter came by with the check, and I handed him a wad of cash, trying my hardest to not think about how much the bill was. I stood, helping Dolly up, and I snaked my arm around her waist. She leaned into me, and I kissed her softly. She sighed happily again and wrapped her arms around me as we walked out.

"I really like kissing you," she blurted out. I smiled, realizing how tipsy she actually was, and I helped her into the van.

"Well, I really really like kissing you," I flirted before kissing her deeply. When we pulled back, she was dazed and happy, her smile goofy. She pressed her hand against my chest again.

"God, that's always so impressive," she said quietly, making my chest tighten. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25K 348 15
Eddie Munson was the freak of Hawkins High even before the rumors started. With the deaths of kids piling up and no one else to take the blame, the...
7.3K 319 17
Y/N Henderson has decided to move back in with her mom and brother for senior year following an argument with her dad. She hopes the transition to Ha...
92.8K 2.2K 47
**7/22/23 A/N: I will be updating this story slowly. It was one of my first stories and I feel it lacks a lot of development and needs some editing a...
131K 3.5K 56
An Eddie Munson fan-fic (no supernatural shit just Eddie & fem Y/n) Warnings: ⚠️🔞 Smut (chapters with ● in the title indicate smut) | Mature Languag...